Yes & No

By Wowwy10

Emma Monolona is independent, speaks her mind, and doesn't care what anyone thinks or says about her. She's p... More

Copyright - WARNING
Miss Independent
Back In Town
Nice Meeting "You"
Something Different, Something Special
Me & the Gorgeous Freak
I Do and I Don't
Deep in Thought (Promises, Promises)
Next Time... But Time Waits For No One
Surprise Me
Too Lucky...
No Idea
Under Pressure
As Friends
Dancing in the Dark
Giggles & One Dead Line
Icing on the Mud Pie
The Cutie and The Jerk

An Exception

753 23 14
By Wowwy10

For the rest of the day, I felt out of place. If I wasn't paying attention in class or to someone talking to me, I was thinking about meeting Darrel Cole. From the moment he bumped into me, I knew he wasn't like other guys.

In Algebra, Blake sat behind me.

Blake, according to most of the girls I know, is a hunk: he has dark green eyes, dirty blonde hair, has a picturesque smile, and a body some guys dream they could have. From what I've heard, he's dated only a few girls and he was the one to end all his relationships. That's how I know he's a sore loser: he's not pleased with what he has: he wants "the best". He's a spoiled brat.

He kept poking me with the end of his pencil, annoying me more and more with every poke. After twenty minutes of non-stop poking, I gave into Blake by turning around and faking a smile.

"I heard you spoke to the new guy... heard he's a wimp." He announced as he flashed a quirky smile.

"He's brave." I corrected.

"Brave?" he asked, shocked by my response.

"Look, Blake. I know you like me and everything but I don't feel the same way."

"I don't like you-"

"Then why'd you tell everyone that I agreed to go out with you?"

"I...uh..." he stuttered as he tried to come up with an excuse. I cracked a thin smile as I watched him break a sweat. When he looked at me and saw me smiling, he asked, "What are you smiling about?"

"You would think a guy like yourself would have the brains and guts to talk to me but you don't. You're just as stupid and insecure as every guy in this school-"

"Not the new guy, though." He said looking down at his desk.

"What are you trying to point out?"

"Well, the new guy spoke to you and you just said that he's brave-"

"And?"

"You like him, don't you?"

Fazed by this question, I turned around into my seat and thought about how I should answer him back. Blake, for the first time in his life, asked a question that needed to be thought over.

"He's an exception." I said, quickly turning around and answering him.

"An exception... what does that mean?"

"Get a dictionary and look it up."

Blake laughed softly and then explained, "I meant to ask what do you mean by that? How is the new guy an exception?"

"He told me he was sorry for bumping into me after he picked up my books."

"How does that make him an exception?"

"He's the first guy that has said sorry to me since the third grade. That's what makes him an exception." I said, then turning back around into my seat.

Continue Reading