It's a Wonderful life

By kcxbello

One winter morning, Ariana Grande wakes up to a very unfamilar life. She finds herself married to Jai Brooks... More

What a Way to Wake up
Christmas Tree Pancakes
A Christmas Tree shopping we Go
The Perfect Tree
Family bonding
Ball of Horemones
Airy
Luke and Di
Spa Day
Party Time
Not so Wonderful Life
No home without you.
It was a dream?
Something to live for
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2
Epilogue - 3
Epilogue - 4
Epilogue - 5
Epilogue - 6

Snowball fights and pesghetti, oh my!

722 20 9
By kcxbello

"I seriously can't believe how big the girls are getting," Dianna said as she and Ariana each grabbed a cup of hot chocolate off the counter. "I know I say that every time I see them but I always mean it. It was like forever ago that they were babies, I can barely remember them."

"Yeah I know exactly what you mean," Ariana replied, except in her case, she didn't remember her babies at all. "How about we sit in the living room, so we can keep an eye on them."

"Oh, you're such a mom sometimes, the girls will be fine," Dianna said as they walked out of the kitchen and through the foyer, straight into the living room.

"I meant Jai and Luke," Ariana chuckled as they took a seat on the couch. "Remember the last time the boys played in the snow?" Ariana asked, hoping that there hadn't been any times in between.

"Yeah, yeah," Dianna laughed. "It was what...Christmas of Junior year and everyone was back home for winter break. Oh poor Frankie."

"Yes!" Ariana exclaimed, happy that Dianna remembered and she wouldn't have to make up some other story. "I can't believe that they were trying to make snow ball launchers out of Frankie's hats; Frankie was just devastated."

Dianna laughed before taking a sip of the steaming hot liquid. "Only our boys."

"Yeah, but they weren't our boys yet," Ariana smiled; she took a sip as well taking a marshmallow too. "Well Luke had been your boy before but at the time he was a free agent if I remember correctly."

"That is true but come on, Jai has always been your boy," Dianna replied.

"Yeah right," Ariana smiled fondly, Dianna always knew of the crush Ariana had on Jai, since day they were little. Ariana and Dianna spent their whole lives together, living right next door to each other. There wasn't one detail that the two didn't know about each other. "We barely talked to each other from seventh grade to high school graduation unless I was being my adorably wonderful and flirty self."

"Which you did oh so well."

"Oh shut up."

"Didn't you and Jai date in like sixth grade?"

"Oh gosh, I completely forgot about that. It was for like two days at the end of the year, we had a terrible break up on that field trip to Six Flags. I don't even remember what happened," Ariana laughed, typical junior high behavior.

"Oh look at them," Dianna giggled as she looked out the window to see Caitlin darting snow balls at Luke's face and Kenzie and Jai lying in the snow making snow angels, Jai's towering over little Kenzie's figure.

Ariana smiled, they were all so adorable together. She loved seeing Jai play with the girls; it truly made her heart flutter. Jai was an amazing father and took such great care of their family. "Caitlin sure is throwing those snow balls pretty hard," Ariana remarked "Luke's really taking some big hits."

"Eh, oh well," Dianna chuckled as she smiled at her boyfriend dodging balls from a little five year old. "You know Luke's pretty thick headed."

"Di," Ariana called after a few quiet moments.

"What?" Dianna blinked her eyes as she turned back to her friend.

"I asked, if you were hungry?" Ariana replied. "You ok?"

"Yeah, sorry, I guess I just zoned out for a little bit," Dianna replied. "Sorry Ari."

"No worries," Ariana replied she placed her mug down on a coaster. "You looked pretty serious, want to talk about it?"

Dianna placed her mug down next to Ariana's before she let out a long sigh. "I want this," she smiled, knowing that she could tell Ariana anything and everything. "I want the happy marriage, the big house filled with laughter, the kids playing in the snow. I want it all," she sniffled, trying not to cry, she had no idea why she was suddenly filled with such strong emotions. Ariana's hormones must have been rubbing off on her.

"And you want it with Luke?" Ariana asked as she took Dianna's hands in her own.

"So help me god, but I do," Dianna replied, letting out a slight chuckle. "I love him so much and I think that he'd be a great husband and father..."

"I feel a but coming on," Ariana stated.

"But it's been two years and I'm not getting any younger and he certainly isn't," Dianna sighed in frustration. "I just feel like if he doesn't propose soon that its never going to happen and I'm not so sure that I'll be able to wait any longer."

"Oh Di," Ariana pulled her friend into a hug. "It'll happen, I can see how much he loves you, and he'd be so lost without you. This is the happiest I've seen him in forever," of course she had to lie; this was the first time that she'd seen them together as a couple in years. But she had to admit, they both seemed really happy and she would kill Luke if he hurt her best friend - even if he was her brother in law. "And if he doesn't make an honest woman out of you, I'll kill him."

"Really you mean it?" Dianna laughed.

"I know people," Ariana tried to keep a straight face but couldn't as her giggles took hold of her. "But seriously, I would hate to see either of you screw this up, this is a good thing and I just want my best friends to be happy."

Dianna nodded, "Thanks. I just see you and Jai and the girls," Dianna smiled and placed her hand on Ariana's bulging tummy, "And this little guy and I'm just so envious sometimes."

Ariana nodded, she knew where Dianna was coming from. She was envious of her 'life' too, it was so close to perfect and she wasn't sure how long she would be here. She pushed the thoughts about leaving out of her mind, no need to get upset when they had been having a good time. "Dianna, trust me it's going to happen soon."

Dianna's eyes nearly doubled in size. "Soon? Do you know something?"

Ariana giggled, "No, I mean I don't know anything, I just have a feeling. Sorry to get your hopes up."

Dianna shrugged, "No problem. But from here on out, its shit or get off the pot."

"Cute," Ariana laughed, Dianna always got right to the point.

Ariana and Dianna had moved their little conversation to the kitchen a little while ago so that they could get started on lunch. Ariana was always ready for the next meal and made sure they came pretty often. They were in the midst of talking about the benefits of French manicures when the troops stumbled into the kitchen, fresh from taking off their winter clothes.

"Mommy," Kenzie made a beeline for Ariana.

"Look at you," Ariana smiled at her daughter's rosy red cheeks and nose. "You're kind of wet there sweetheart."

"Me too, Mommy, my socks are soaking," Caitlin laughed, "But it was worth it, I got Uncle Luke sooo good."

"Way to go!" Dianna high fived Caitlin.

"Yeah, yeah, expect a rematch later," Luke said as he shivered, his jeans were soaked. "I smell food, what do we have going on here?" his eyes searched the stove.

"Spaghetti," Dianna replied.

"Spaghetti?" Luke questioned. "Where's the roasted duck and risotto?" he laughed.

"He thinks he's all Hollywood, don't fall for it," Dianna said as she wrapped an arm around his waist. "Wow, you really are all wet," she pulled back only to have him grab her and pull him to her. "Eww stop!"

"Sorry folks but at Casa Brooks, we are not all Hollywood especially with two of the world's pickiest eaters," Jai replied as he winked at the girls.

"Not Hollywood says millionaire basketball star Jai Brooks married to America's only princess," Luke snickered.

"I no picky, I like pesghetti," Kenzie smiled happily.

"Kid, the word's spaghetti," Luke replied as Kenzie gave him a confused look. "What is this pesghetti you speak of?" he laughed and Dianna hit him in the stomach.

"We love pesghetti here, don't we baby?" Jai picked up Kenzie and gave her a kiss on the nose.

"Right!" she exclaimed.

"I was just kidding baby, I love pesghetti too," Luke took his niece from Jai's arms. "And I love you too monster butt!"

"I love you Unckie Lukie," Kenzie laughed before she planted a big fat wet kiss on his cheek.

"Oh just the way I like 'em, you're such a good kisser," Luke laughed.

"We're seriously limiting the amount of time the kids spend with Luke," Jai told Ariana as he moved to stand next to her.

"Agreed," Ariana laughed.

"I can hear you," Luke turned to his brother and sister in law as he bounced Kenzie up and down.

"Good," Jai said, chuckling. "You're corrupting our little innocent youths."

"Like they wouldn't be corrupted here, Caitlin tells me all about Mommy and Daddy's yucky kissy face," Luke laughed.

"All the time, and its just so..." Caitlin searched for the right choice of word, "Yuck!"

"That's right, yuck," Luke smirked. "The nerve of them, kissing in front of you poor girls. They should be arrested."

"Yeah," Caitlin agreed.

"Hey," Jai protested. "Kissing is not a crime."

"Well it should be, then the girls can come live with us and we'll let you eat all the candy you want! Say goodbye to Mommy and Daddy!" Luke replied.

"Bye Mommy, bye Daddy!" Caitlin giggled.

"Wow Jai, we're so loved," Ariana glanced at Jai.

"I was just kidding," Caitlin said. "Besides Daddy gives me candy whenever I want it too."

"Guilty," Jai shrugged his shoulders as he felt Ariana burning a hole into his eyes.

"Go change your socks, Caitlin, and then we'll have lunch," Ariana suggested, it was definitely time for her to eat.

"Ok," Caitlin replied.

"Me too, me too," Kenzie wiggled around in Luke's arms.

"You too, you too," Luke smiled. "I'll take the girls upstairs," he volunteered. "I want to change too."

"Go for it," Jai replied.

"Come on monster butts," Luke moved Kenzie to one side and held out his hand for Caitlin to take.

"You know I'm going to change too, I feel like I've been wearing this for years, the plane ride was so long," Dianna said as Luke walked out of the kitchen with the girls. Ariana smiled and winked at Dianna.

Dianna smiled back before hurrying out of the kitchen, she wanted to see Luke with the girls, and he was actually really good with them.

"What was that for?" Jai asked Ariana, he had seen her little wink to her best friend.

"What?" Ariana asked, pretending not to know what he was talking about.

"The wink, you and Di," Jai smirked. "Come on tell me, we're married you're supposed to tell me everything."

"Well let's just say that someone we know wants to marry a certain someone else that we happen to know, who may or may not share your DNA." Ariana smiled; she was excited about the prospect of her best friend marrying her brother in law. That would mean they would be in laws themselves.

"Is that so?" Jai was still smirking. "Well lets just say that that someone else who may be in my bloodline has plans to ask the someone that we know to marry him."

Ariana's eyes widened and she hit Jai in the shoulder. "No!"

"Yes," Jai laughed at his wife's sudden enthusiasm.

"When?" She asked as she clasped her hands together in excitement.

"That someone that may have my DNA said on Christmas," Jai replied.

"Oh she's going to just die," Ariana laughed. "Aww, I'm so happy for them."

"Yeah, me too," Jai replied. "He's really happy too."

"So is she," Ariana smiled. "So am I, for that matter."

"Me too," Jai grinned as he pulled her into his arms and she quickly squealed, pushing her hands against his chest.

"Eww," Ariana pulled away. "You're cold and wet too!"

"Baby," Jai whined. "I just need you to check something for me."

"What?" Ariana asked, she knew he was playing games.

"I was freezing my ass off again, I just want you to check to make sure its still there," Jai grinned before licking his lips ever so slightly.

The corners of Ariana's mouth turned up, "Sure," she replied as she cupped his butt and pulled him closer to her. "Still intact!" she exclaimed as she pinched both of his cheeks.

"Ow!" Jai jumped and reached back to pat his butt.

"I was just checking," Ariana grinned seductively. "And you asked for it."

"Well, now I think that I might have a few booboos," Jai narrowed his eyes at her.

"Well, I guess I'll have to take care of those later," Ariana said walking away.

"How about now," Jai caught her and wrapped his arms around her belly, forcing her back onto his chest.

"Because we're having lunch soon, our parents will be back and there are too many people in this house," Ariana giggled as she turned around in his arms.

"We are just going to have to get all of these people the hell out of this house later," Jai replied, he was dead serious about being alone with his beautiful wife.

"Good luck with that one honey," Ariana patted Jai on the chest.

"Oh it's going to happen," Jai smiled as he leaned down, so their faces were touching.

"Well if you make it happen, then I'm all yours baby," Ariana said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Promise?" Jai asked.

"Promise," Ariana barely replied before Jai's lips were crashing down onto hers and all Ariana could think of was how great it would be if they got everyone out of this house.

+=+=+=+=+

I think Luke and Dianna are my crackship.

Luianna? Lukianna? Haha idk. What do you think? Duke?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.4K 2K 18
Jai has not been himself after the breakup with the love of his life, Ariana Grande. His twin brother Luke, is doing everything he can to cheer Jai u...
365K 8K 49
She Wasn't A Normal Person With Any Normal Life. She Grew Up With A Okay Life. Until Her Parents Started To Abuse Her And Her Brother Jake. She Was O...
21.9K 573 20
Your Next Obsession. This is a story of Love, Romance, Laughter, Friendship and the Challenges of everyday life. Set 2 years later into the relations...
10.6K 208 7
When Belle's best friend Ariana has her boyfriend Jai stay over for a couple of weeks at their apartment, Jai brings his brother Beau along. After wa...