Falling [cake 5SOS] ✔

By close_as_strangers_7

It's as if they were never meant to like each other. But who knows? They're both just falling into the fa... More

Introduction
One: Calum [PART ONE]
Two: Their bad pasts
Four: Late night thoughts
Five: We kissed. And I liked it.
Six: The other Hood comes home
Seven: Jake loves Aleisha
Eight: I said the three words to him
Nine: What happens when your parents come home
Ten: Lighting the Spark
Eleven: Just Beginning [PART TWO]
Twelve: Meeting Ashton Irwin
Thirteen: The School Trip
Fourteen: The Australian 1D
Fifteen: The Turning Point
Sixteen: Hoods Reunited
Seventeen: Luke's Birthday Gift
Eighteen: 'Bruised and Scarred'
Nineteen: Obstacles
Twenty: I Love You
Author's Note

Three: Katie Turner, Michael Clifford

1K 45 26
By close_as_strangers_7

Pretty sure that there are mistakes in here. Sorry <3 Had to cut it at the end because it was going over my word limit, lol :) Michael's makes his proper appearance!

Chapter 3 

Calum

The filtered light coming though the blue curtains somehow managed to wake me up. It was ten thirty am, relatively early for me (especially on a Saturday). I was about to get out of bed when I realised Luke was clinging tightly to me, fast asleep. Oh Luke. I had learnt so much about him in such a short space of time. One minute I only thought about teasing him, the next I was thinking of ways to befriend him. There was also another feeling that was kinda unexplainable.

Almost like I was liking Luke more than I should have.

As I said, it was unexplainable, so I decided not to get wound up in it and instead just continue being a dick towards Luke.

I relaxed and stared at Luke’s face. It was practically the perfect face; his lips were thin, nose was sharp, eyebrows neat and hair well styled. His head was pressed against my top, moving up and down ever so slightly whenever he breathed. I smiled at his curled up body; his hands that were placed around my waist, and his legs which were sandwiching mine. Did friends do that together? Hm.

I would never get bored watching him sleep, but the time came for me to get up and do something with my day. Slowly, I peeled Luke’s hands off me and lifted his left leg up, placing it by his other leg. He roused ever so slightly, hands reaching forwards. “Cal… Calum…”

For some weird reason this turned me on and I desperately felt like getting back under the duvet and snuggling into him. “Luke, wake up. It’s morning.”

His eyes shot open and he sat up straight away, completely fazed. I laughed at him and went to the bathroom. When I came back, Luke was in the middle of changing clothes, and without thinking, I blushed, turning away. Why Calum?! You’re not gay! You’ve got a girlfriend! Luke’s probably straight too, stop!

When he was finished, I entered and sat on his bed. “Are you okay now, after our making out session last night?”

“What?! We didn’t make out, did we?!”

I smiled mischievously. “Well Hemmings, you must’ve been asleep. Ouch, that hurts. We did so much last night, and you can’t even remember?”

Poor thing, he looked terrified.

“I’m just kidding with you!”

Then he did something amazing. He smiled. And it was like the sun, shining and glistening, bringing joy to everyone. I was dumbfounded by his perfect teeth, his eyes that squinted and his weak dimples. There came my weak moment, when I had to turn around so he wouldn’t see my widened eyes and gawping mouth.

“Breakfast?” Luke’s mum called from the door. I turned back around and shook my head, trying to get rid of those creepy feelings. Luke nodded and got off the bed, slipping on his flip flops and following his mum downstairs. I followed closely behind, but was startled by Jack Hemmings who was staring down at me from the banister. Eesh.

In the kitchen/living room, Luke’s dad was sitting on the couch, watching TV. He greeted me before picking up the remote to change channels. There was a football match going on, and being me, I was pulled towards it. “Who’s against who?” I asked.

“Tuvalu and American Samoa. Looks like it’ll be a win for Tuvalu. Do you play football?”

“Yeah, I’m actually the captain of the school football team.” I replied, trying not to sound too proud or annoying. He chuckled.

“You ought to teach Luke a couple of things; he can’t kick a ball to save his life!”

I smiled back and watched as a goal went in. I didn’t really know Tuvalu or American Samoa, but they seemed pretty good. Luke had sat down at the table, completely uninterested in our conversation. A few seconds later, I went over to the table and sat down opposite him.

“Calum dear, would you like an egg?” Luke’s mum asked, holding up the saucepan. I looked around the table, and noticed sausages and hash browns on my plate, as well as a bowl of cereal and milk, and two slices of toast. It made me tear up slightly, because neither mum nor dad had ever prepared something this delicious for me on any day, not even my birthday. They were always off to work early in the morning and home late at night.

“T-that would be lovely.”

I glanced up at Luke, who seemed pretty content with his breakfast. It was no wonder he was a little bit chubby, if he was eating such a deluxe breakfast every day. And his parents, they were so loving and kind. Not only them; but his brother too, who always saved Luke whenever he was in trouble.

How I wished to have a family like Luke Hemmings.

~

Once we had finished eating and were bored, we went to the park. It was pretty good weather for winter, but there was still quite a chilly breeze. At the park, we saw Michael sitting on the bench, listening to music on his iPod. I could see that Luke wasn’t particularly pleased to see Michael, however he was still my friend and it would’ve been odd not to say hi.

“Hey Michael,” I said casually, sitting down on the bench next to him. He looked up through his mega fringe and smiled. Then he saw Luke, and the smile turned upside down into a scowl.

“What is this douchebag doing here?” Michael asked spitefully, staring at Luke with icy cold eyes. Luke must’ve felt intimidated, and wandered around the park, eventually making his way to the swings.

“Mate, why do you hate him so much?”

He shook his head, smiling. “He kissed Aleisha at Jake’s party. You know that I’ve been going out with Aleisha for months, right? Well after that party, she finished it with me. Done.”

“Ouch. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that it was his fault...”

“Yes it does! If he hadn’t smooched with my girlfriend, I wouldn’t hate him. And that’s the truth.”

Who knew that Hemmings was one to kiss someone else’s girlfriend, eh? I laughed internally at the thought of him sitting on the stairs with this Aleisha girl, kissing. I even tried to picture it; but nothing came.

Luke came over, with a sorrowful look on his face. “Michael, can I tell you something?”

Michael stared deeply at him, without changing his facial expression. “What?”

“I didn’t actually kiss Aleisha.”

In reply, Michael laughed. Like really hard. “Well who fucking did?”

“It was Jake. You must’ve mistaken him for me, because we have similar hair. I wasn’t even inside half the time; I was outside on the patio with my brother.”

Revelation time... Michael raised an eyebrow doubtfully. “Are you sure? Cause if I find out that it was you and that you lied to me, you’re gonna get it real bad. And I’m sure Calum won’t have any problem aiding me in that, am I right?”

“Don’t bring me into this, I’ve got nothing to do with Aleisha and your relationships,” I replied, putting my hands up. Michael sighed and dropped his shoulders.

“Fine. Luke, I’ll ask Jake tomorrow and if you’re right, I’ll forgive you. And I’ll apologize. BUT, I still won’t like you, because you’re a wimp who always hangs out with his brother.”

Luke shrugged and went back to the swings. Michael stood up and said goodbye to me, before heading back home. Guess it was just me and Hemmings. Oh the things I could do with him...

“What’s all that about?” I asked, joining him on the swings. He pouted, swinging forwards and backwards on his swing.

“Michael accuses me of kissing Aleisha. But I don’t even like Aleisha; I mean, she’s really pretty and sings amazingly but I don’t want a girlfriend. I didn’t even see her once at the party.”

“Say, why do you always hang out with your brother?”

He shut his eyes. “Because he’s the only one who treats me like a person at our school, apart from the teachers. Look at you, you’re constantly trying to trip me up and make me do stupid things, and then there’s Michael who hates me for no reason, and then there’s-“

“I don’t hate you. I actually quite like you. Sorry if you got the wrong idea from all that tripping up.”

“Then why do you do it?

I shrugged. “I...”

“Forget it. I was wrong to let you stay-“

“Lucas,” I called, as he stood up. Impulsively, I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around him tightly, not letting him go. He struggled and strained but I still didn’t loosen up. “Don’t be sad. I didn’t mean to upset you with all those stupid, trivial things. I just wanted your attention. Please, don’t hate me.”

He didn’t reply but stopped struggling. My cheek was pressed against his, warmth exchanging through our bodies. He suddenly felt warmer, which made me smile. Slowly, I pulled away and looked into his lost eyes.

“Are you okay now?”

“Why... why did you hug me?”

“Because we made a deal last night, remember? That I get to call you Lucas and hug you, in return for sleeping with you last night.”

“You didn’t sleep with me!!” he replied defensively. I laughed, winking at his red face. I then picked up some of the dead leaves and threw them playfully at him, running away with a smile on my face. He returned the hit with a handful of leaves and so it continued, until he pushed me on to the ground, sitting on top of me and throwing leaves right into my face, with that angelic smile again. I stopped laughing, and was instead astounded once again by the beauty of his smile.

Come on Calum, man up.

You’re not fucking gay.

Get over it.

You and Luke should only be friends.

But how could I only be friends with him? He was the most perfect human being I had met in a long time, the most recent one being my brother. But he was out of my reach there and then, whereas Luke wasn’t. He was in reach, he could be taken by me, and he had the ability to make my heart race. No one else could do that, not even my ‘girlfriend’. Katie only wanted to be my girlfriend for looks. She wanted to appear popular. I didn’t even like her, but she would practically murder me if we broke up.

We made our way back to his house, talking about random things that helped me form a proper image of him in my mind. Things like his favourite things, singing, etc. Then he mentioned the guitar.

“Can you tell me why you changed the subject last night, when I asked about the guitar?”

We were nearing his road. “The guitar? Oh right…”

“Do you play?” There was a slight tone of excitement in his voice.

“Kinda. But I’m not good at it. It was another one of the things that my, er, brother taught me…”

He stayed silent.

“It’s okay. Don’t feel bad or anything.”

“Sorry that I keep bringing him up. You must hate me by now.”

“I don’t hate you Lucas, I thought I made that clear to you already? I’m sorry about all that stuff I did. Are you still hurt by it?”

We arrived at his house, and he took out his key. “I’m fine.”

~

Before I knew it, dinner had come. We spent the day playing Luke’s guitar and listening to music, discussing teachers and stuff like that. But as we ate dinner, I realised that I had told Luke I was going to Katie’s after dinner. Of course, it would’ve been easy to just not go, but I did actually want to get out for a while. I wouldn’t go to Katie’s, no, I’d go to mine and ask Katie to come round.

“Mrs Hemmings-“

“Please, call me Liz!”

“Okay... erm, Liz, I’m going out for a few hours after dinner, is that okay?”

She nodded. “Fine with me; but make sure you’re back by eight, okay? Give me your number, that way it’ll be easy to contact you.”

We exchanged numbers and I finished my dinner. It was yet again, another delicious meal; but Luke didn’t seem bothered by it. He finished up too and we went upstairs. “Where are you going?”

“Why, are you going to follow me?” I teased, smirking at his embarrassed face.

“No! I just… I just want to know.”

I smiled and nodded. “Okay, well I’m just going back to my house. I want to think for a while, process some things. You will stay here, won’t you?” He nodded. “Good. I want some alone time. I’m sure you respect that,” I stated, picking up my bag and patting his shoulder. He didn’t follow me down the stairs, he didn’t even say goodbye. Oh well. He probably suspected something or other; I did tell him that I would be going to Katie’s so he probably thought I was lying to him.

As I stepped outside the warm house, I realised just how cold it was. I zipped up my jacket and began walking down the road, turning every so often until I reached my house. I got out my phone, and messaged Katie. Come to mine, cal x

Fifteen minutes later, she turned up with her arms folded, dressed up in tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie, and a princess look upon her. “What do you want babe? Don't you know that I’m busy on Saturday evenings?”

“Sorry Katie. Can we, erm, talk?”

~~~

I know it's a terrible ending... you may want to skip parts of the next chapter because there's a lot about this Katie Turner. But it does help Luke and Calum get closer, so up to you! If you're here for smut, bear with! I'll be doing that later on ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 252 30
luke meets the new neighbor and doesn't know that his life will never be the same after. [ trigger warning ] 2015!luke current!calum
38.1K 1.7K 20
Perfect son, football star, scholarship kid; Calum Hood has everything going for him at the university. But when he isn't meeting his credit lineup a...
38.1K 1.5K 44
*WARNING: this was written two years ago by an angsty immature me(along with Rita) and i do not recommend reading this book😂 read sth else off my pr...
14.6K 1.1K 22
Luke is new to Cornell University. There he meets, Calum who shows him all the roots to Cornell, and also his camera. Calum has a YouTube account and...