All This Time

By Shining18

Byleth hadn't meant to fall in love, but a certain Deer won't stop following her around everywhere. "Say, Tea... More

White Clouds
The Golden Deer
Alive
Suspicion
Keeping Distance
Wounds
Stargazing
The Dance
The Cause of Sorrow
Grieving
Running on Revenge
Trust
A New Look
The Dagger
The Diary
A Divine Revelation
The Flame Emperor
Undetected
One Wish
Those Three Words
Defend the Monastery
Broken Promises
Instinct
Losing Hope
Reunion
Reunion: Byleth
Verdant Wind
No More Door!
Tired
Peaceful Days
Heartbeats
Heat and Fish
Defend the Monastery...Till the Very End
As I Am
Rhea and Edelgard
Nightmares
Those Five Years...
Ashe
The Wonders of Divine Pulse
Judith
Judith Pt II
Trust Me
A Little Awkward
The Next Plan
Charms
Surprise!
The Great Bridge
Ferdinand
The Downsides of Divine Pulse
Battle of the Eagle and Deer
The Archer
I Know
Training
Archery
Could You Imagine?
The Battle at Gronder
Fire Burning
Quick Survey
Dimitri
The Carnage
Unexpected Visitor
Responsibility
Braids of Action
Reach for my Hand...
The...Flame Emperor?
Run For Cover
Javelins of Light
Barbarossa
Secrets
I'll Soar Away
The Palace
Edelgard
When It Rains, It Pours
Rhea
Into The Dawn
Musiciality
Repose
Let Her Go
Just A Little Poison
I Feel Pretty
Long Overdue
The Immaculate One
Critical Fail
The Truth
After
The New Dawn
I Wish I Could Stay...
Not This Time
Setting Off
The Missing King
Almyra
Responsibility
Even Now?
A Drag
The Future of Fódlan
One Week
Starting A Rebellion
Dear Teach
Conflict
To A New Fódlan
True Almyran
Almost Perfect
A Suspicious Old Friend
Nausea
Almyran Heat
The News
Conflicting Priorities
Reactions
Message From The King
Girls Night
Crowning
Alarm
To The Rescue
The King's Return
I Do
Precautions
That Person's Name Is...
Epilogue
Closing Note
Bonus: Mommy's Birthday
Poll
Bonus: Quarantine!
Bonus: Secret Song
Poll #2
Bonus: #Blacklivesmatter
Bonus: Legends Never Die
Three Hopes: A Review

Backup

881 35 2
By Shining18

"Teach, I've got backup. We'll be meeting with Judith in the Aileil, otherwise known as the Valley of Torment."

"Valley...of Torment...?" Byleth repeated the phrase, curious as to what could have warranted such a ferocious nickname. "What happened there?"

"No one really knows, but it's apparently from 'the wrath of the Goddess' or something," Claude shrugged. "Like I believe that."

"So many secrets," Byleth muttered. She wished she could find Rhea and comprehend all of Fódlan's secrets, but she was another person missing in action. "Anyways, who's Judith?"

"Judith? Oh, right. She's the famous Hero of Daphnel," Claude explained. "She's been one of my friends for awhile, she really helped me while...you were gone. Uh, Teach, not like that," He added quickly as he saw her eyes narrow in jealousy. "Ew. I've known her for awhile. She's kind of like an older and more annoying aunt. She took care of me."

"Ah. I see."

"...Teach, are you alright?"

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm just tired," Byleth shrugged. She had been running herself ragged since she had returned; practicing late at night and going to almost every meeting with Claude. She didn't even want to mention how her eyes could barely stay open.

"You could take a break," Claude suggested, a worried look in his eyes. "Whatever you need done, I can handle. It's no problem."

"Oh, nonsense," Byleth had to stifle a yawn, placing a hand over her mouth to hide it. "I can do it. Thanks for trying to step in, but-"

"Yeah, yeah," Claude chuckled. "You're tired. Go to bed. I'm used to no sleep after those five years without you."

"Oh, Claude," Byleth was about to comment on the incident that had happened a couple of days ago where he had freaked out about her lack of heartbeat, but she hesitated. It had been awhile; what if it seemed like she was overreacting? Was this the wrong time to bring it up? "Still...I can help you through it."

"No stress, Teach. The best thing you can do for me is sleeping."

Byleth began to wonder if she really was making things up. He hadn't done anything that had indicated worry, but Byleth wanted to be certain. After all, Claude was a glorious actor.

"Are you sure? Don't you need to sleep?" Byleth asked, concerned for his health. She awkwardly shifted from side to side. "I don't want you to suffer..."

"I appreciate your concern, but just go to bed. You're stressing me out by arguing."

"Claude..."

"Teach," Claude smiled playfully, lightly tapping her on the nose. "Sleep. I've got it all covered, no worries."

"Okay, fine," Byleth rolled her eyes, incredibly grateful that he was willing to sacrifice his own sleep. "But I'm taking the shift tomorrow."

"Whatever you say, Teach," Claude smirked. knowing that he would do everything in his power to stop her from doing extra work. "Just get to bed already."

"Yeah, yeah," Byleth smiled at him. She quickly stood on the tips of her toes, lifting her chin so she could kiss him on the cheek. She started walking away when he grabbed her by the hand, twirling her rapidly. Byleth giggled as she spun and he let go, sending her staggering in a random direction. She tried to regain her senses, but the world was spinning rather deftly.

As she almost tripped and fell, he caught her with ease. Claude held her in his arms, straightening her up as they laughed together. He leaned over to kiss her on the lips, enjoying a warm embrace.

I was probably just imagining things...He seems to be doing fine.

"I love you," Claude whispered into her lips. He slowly pulled away from her after a moment longer, smiling. "Now get some rest."

"How am I supposed to sleep after that?" Byleth placed her hands on her hips, pouting slightly at how he had gotten her riled up before sleeping. Now she was dizzy.

"You'll manage, I'm sure. Now, off to bed! Sleep!"

"Alright, alright! I'm going!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 406 10
Through questionable occurences, you get brought to Fódlan. There you're able to use your nerd knowledge to help its people and maybe woo some cute b...
43K 814 26
Hello and welcome to my pit of boredom - Part Two!! I love all the people that supported me during the making of my first book, and I really hope thi...
21K 553 26
As the new female professor takes the job of tutoring the Blue Lions, everyone was filled with joy. But as months have passed Dimitri starts to feel...
4.7K 125 8
When Byleth finds Dimitri in the monastery, shattered, yet still so proud, he can't help but want to make things better. He wants to make Dimitri fal...