Finding my other half (Comple...

By AngelTweet

#2 - arrangedmarriage #12 - feelings True love stands by each other's side on good days and stands closer on... More

Chapter - 2 : Her Farewell; His First Step
Chapter - 3: Her First Day; His Bipolar Attitude
Chapter - 4: Her Confusion; His First Gift
Chapter - 5: Her Miseries; His Clarity
Chapter - 6: Her First Smile; His Teasing
Chapter - 7: Her Day at Office; His Favourite Dish
Chapter - 8: Her Relatives; His Adore
Chapter - 9: Her Elegance; His Possessiveness
Chapter - 10: Her Tensions; His Flirting
Chapter - 11: Her Optimism; His Actions
Chapter - 12: Her Loss; His Support
Chapter - 13: Her Past; His Embrace
Chapter - 14: Her Gratitude ; His Straightforwardness
Chapter - 15: Her New Look; His Feelings
Chapter - 16: Her Fears; His Restlessness
Chapter - 17: Her Realizations; His Care
Chapter - 18: Her Routine; His Anger
Chapter - 19: Her Shyness; His Closeness
Chapter - 20: Her Birthday; His Surprise
Chapter - 21: Her Daze; His Intensity
Chapter - 22: Her Worries; His Distance
Chapter - 23: Her Naughtiness; His Reaction
Chapter - 24: Her Respect; His Upbringing
Chapter - 25: Her Innocence; His Mischievousness
Chapter - 26: Her Trust; His Love
Chapter - 27: Her Beliefs; His Panic
Chapter - 28: Her Tears; His Menace Avatar
Chapter - 29: Her Broken Soul; His Healings
Chapter - 30: Their Journey of Togetherness
Epilogue - Happily Ever After
Thank You - My Readers

Chapter - 1: Her Fate; His Acceptance

82.1K 1.5K 180
By AngelTweet

"Kakisa, can I ask Swara's hand for my son Sanskar" Annapurna asked holding Dida's hand. She was sitting on the bed beside Dida.

Shobha widened her eyes due to shock where as Swara jerked her head while stating at Annapurna with teary eyes and pale face.

"Sanskar has agreed for this marriage. Swara beta will you marry my son?" Annapurna asked with lot of affection. She caressed Swara's  perplexed face.

Shobha Verma could not understand fate of her granddaughter.

Her beloved granddaughter Swara, was about to get married in an arranged marriage in the evening.

Unfortunately, in morning the boy's family visited Kalibadi with marriage breaking news. Boy's family left from their home without any discussions, leaving Shobha in broken state.

And now suddenly this marriage proposal and that too from Maheshwari's, world's known, richest and ine of most powerful family of India for their elder son, Sanskar.

Maheshwari Business Empire had extended their wings from Telecom, Hotel industry, IT, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Constructions, Infrastructure Development, Finance over past 3 decades.

Anant Maheshwari started a small start-up in Kolkata 5 decades back, which was widened throughout South Asian Continent by his three sons Durgaprasad, Ram and Adarsh.

And today, Sanskar Maheshwari elder son of the family born to Sujata and Ram, CEO of Maheshwari Business House was ruling over the business world with his extra intelligent and multi-talented brain, dedication, hard work, organizing and planning skills accompanied by his passion towards business and workaholic nature.

"Swara, Reva and Anurag also wanted the same when you and Sanskar were kids, when you were born that time when I took you first time in my arms, I had asked for you from Reva for my Sanskar." Sujata seconded her Jiji.

She held Swara's hand remembering her days in Kolkata when she was newly married with Ram.

Sujata married Ram in an arranged marriage fixed by elders of both families.

Her mother in law Lakshmi Maheshwari was an ideal mother in law whereas Annapurna her sister in law became her Jiji.

Even after 8 years of marriage Annapurna was still waiting to get blessed from her Kanhaji in the form of little bundle of joy.

When Sujata was pregnant with Sanskar, Annapurna took care of Sujata just like her little sister. Post 2 months of Sanskar's birth Annapurna received the news of her life. She was pregnant. Doctors called it as a miracle, but Annapurna thought Sanskar's birth was auspicious for her.

When Sanskar was 2 and Laksh was 1, Sujata and Annapurna met Reva in the Durga Ma temple, and soon became friends.

Reva and Anurag Bose new neighbours of Maheshwari's in Kolkatta. Soon three ladies became friends and both families started spending time together.

When Sanskar was 3 years old, Reva gave a birth to girl and named her as 'Swara'.

Soon Swara became an apple of eye not only for Bose family but to Maheshwari family as well. Her big doe eyes, chubby cheeks, milky white skin, marked her as the cutest kid in her childhood.

Due to business expansion Durgaprasad aka DP and Ram decided to move their household and business head office from Kolkatta to Mumbai.

When Sanskar was 7 years old Maheshwari family moved to Mumbai whereas a year later Bose family also shifted to Bangalore due Anurag's transfer, he was working as bureaucrat with Indian Government.

Annapurna and Sujata started getting busy with their routine and upbringing of their three kids Sanskar, Laksh & Uttara.

Years later, Adarsh also got married with Pari in love marriage. They had a daughter named Pihu.

Sanskar completed his studies from Harvard University he joined the business, and soon proved himself as true scion of Maheshwari Business House.

He became pride of Maheshwari family.

Annapurna and Sujata started receiving marriage proposals for Sanskar from all reputed families, but they always had one name in their mind for their son.

'Swara'

Due to busy life, their relationship with Bose family became a memory.

Annpurna and Sujata were visiting Durga Ma temple of Kolkatta during Navaratri they met Shobha.

It came as shock for both of them hearing Reva and Anurag's accidental death 10 years ago.

Swara was just 13 years when coming back from party their car met with an accident on one stormy night and both died on the spot. It was difficult for Dida to take care of little Swara so she moved back to Kolkatta, bought flat in the Kalibadi infront of Gadodia's.

Sharmishtha Gadodia elder daughter of Shobha. Sharmistha was married to Shekhar. Couple had one daughter named Ragini.

Shobha informed Annapurna and Sujata about Swara's marriage on Dassehra Muhurat which broke their dream to have Swara as their daughter in law.

"Shoru what are you thinking?" Dida pulled Swara.

"Shoru, I knew this once Reva mentioned it to me long back. She and Anurag both wanted this alliance but then they left us in middle. I am not forcing you to accept this. You are a big, responsible and matured girl who can think for herself." a

"Swara beta I know it's very difficult for you to accept this, but trust me, my Sanskar is a gem. He will be a perfect life partner for you." Sujata said while holding Swara's hand.

"You will be my daughter, trust me please." Annapurna said while assuring Swara.

Swara kept on listening Annpurna and Sujata while bowing her head.

Swara looked at her Dida. She blinked her eyes and nodded her head in positive response.

After receiving positive response from Dida, Swara nodded her head providing her acceptance for this marriage proposal.

Sujata pulled her kissed her forehead passing motherly love. Where as Annpurna folded her hands passing her gratitude to almighty.

"Pari, please come to Kolkatta with Ma and others, Sanskar is getting married today with Swara. Also, while coming please arrange for Shadi ka Lehenga and Mangalsutra also necessary things." Annapurna informed Pari

She gave updates about sudden marriage proceedings and asked her family members to come Kolkatta.

"Sanskar please pick up the call" Sujata was frustrated over her workaholic son. She was continuously trying his number which was on silent mode.

"Sujata you know him, when he is in meeting, he will not pick up any one's call." Annapurna knew her nephew in and out. She kept her hand on Sujata's shoulder.

"But Jiji within next 4-5 hours this boy is getting married and he is busy with meetings" Sujata was in full on panic mode.

In morning, when Annapurna and Sujata visited Badi, for helping preparations for marriage as they considered Swara as their daughter.

Marriage breaking news swipes the floor beneath their feet.

They went back to their ancestral house in Kolkata to talk to Sanskar to know about his opinion even though they were confident about his answer. But still they both wanted to get final approval from Sanskar before committing anything to Shobha.

Sanskar accepted the marriage proposal without even looking at his future bride pic from his Badi Ma.

"Badi ma you always knew, I will get marry to a girl of your two's choice. This is the promise, I gave you 6 months back. If you think Swara is perfect for me then I have no complaints. It's just ..... I am not ready for sudden marriage, please give us some courtship period. That will make it easy for both of us to be comfortable with each other." Sanskar was calm. He had keeled down infront of his Badi Ma.

"We don't have time Sanskar, Kakisa is suffering from Cancer, and if right now we postpone the date of marriage it will stress her." Annapurna tried to make him understand their current complicated situation.

"Jiji is right. We got to know, she is on last stage. She has very less time with us. She wants to see her granddaughter to getting married infront of her eyes." Sujata seconded while caressing his face.

Sanskar was trying his best to process all events which were going to turn his life upside down. He nodded his head understanding his Badi Ma and Mom's point of view.

"Trust me Sanskar this marriage will be successful." Annapurna said when she observed Sanskar engrossed in deep thinking.

"Swara will be a perfect life partner for you. You both will have blessed married life." This time it was Sujata.

"Hmm... I trust you both." Sanskar agreed after a long battle between his heart and mind. "But Badi Ma, I need to go to office; I have an important meeting to join for which I came here."

"Cancel it Sanskar. How can you think we will allow you to go, you are getting married in some hours and...." Sujata was cut by Annapurna.

"Rituals will start at 6 in the evening, I want you to be at Badi at 5" Annapurna said while staring in Sanskar's eyes.

"Jiji how can you allow him to go?" Sujata said with pout.

"Sujata, I trust my son, he will be there. Sanskar after meeting you can get ready in our house and come with all. I will ask Pari and Adi to get all necessary things for you." Annapurna continued "And don't worry it will be strictly family function. It will be just us, Gadodia's, Kakisa and Swara no paparazzi." Sanskar nodded his head and left for his office after getting ready where as Sujata and Annapurna left for Badi to propose this alliance to Dida and Swara.

"Whats wrong with you Bhai?" Laksh said when he saw Sanskar entering their house.

Just 2 hours back Laksh came along with entire Maheshwari family to Kolkata. DP, Ram went to Badi along with their Ma, Uttara and Pihu, whereas Laksh, Pari and Adi were waiting for Sanskar at their Kolkata house.

"Laksh take it easy" Adarsh said controlling furious Laksh.

"How can I Adi Kaka? Ma is blackmailing bhai and he is allowing her to do that." Laksh said while raising his hands in air with frustration.

"Lucky watch your words." Sanskar said in calm tone.

"How can you bow your head for this stupid demand, it will cost your life bhai. The man who knows how to bend each and every one infront of him is bending infront of his Badi Ma." Laksh continued ignoring Sanskar's words.

"I am not bending Lucky, you and all knew I have given Badi Ma right to decide about my life partner and if her choice is Swara then why would I not accept it?" Sanskar said in his calm voice which is right now causing increased frustration for Laksh. He knew his bhai's composed and responsible nature towards his family.

"Ok fine but why the hell you are marring that girl TODAY ONLY you can...?" Laksh was cut by Sanskar.

"Swara.... Lucky her name is Swara, my would-be wife. Soon your would-be Bhabhi. I want you to give her respect. I will not allow anybody to disrespect her." Sanskar said while raising his eyebrows.

"Laksh we all know how Badi jiji loves Sanskar, and she knew him more than any one in our family. She is the most possessive about him also, trust her she will never take any wrong decision with Sanskar's life." Pari said while passing sherwani to Sanskar which he needs to wear for his marriage.

"Kaki Ma just give me 40 mins to get ready, I will be downstairs" Sanskar said while taking Sherwani from Pari's hand.

"Swara you are looking beautiful. Bless you my child" Annapurna said while pecking Swara's forehead.

As asked by Annapurna, Pari bought new simple yet elegant lehenga for Swara, which is red in colour with golden zardozi work. Swara was wearing one simple gold and kundan neck piece with matching earrings which belonged to her deceased mother. Her hands were adorned by red bangles along with gold and kundan kangans passed on to her from her Dida, her hair line was covered with maang tikka. She had not put any layers of make-up, just highlighted her eyes with liner and nude colour lipstick as forced by Sujata. Even though she was not decked up with heavy jewellery, make-up and lehenga she was looking divine, pure and the most beautiful bride.

"Badi Ma, all are here" Uttara said while entering Swara's room of Bose house along with Parineeta.

"Come Pari, Swara meet this is Parineeta, my youngest devrani." Annpurna introduced Swara with Pari with smile.

"Welcome to the family Swara, and you are looking very pretty." Pari said with smile and touching Swara's chin in her two fingers. "Badi jiji, panditji is asking should we start the rituals, first it will be Ganesh Pujan and then they will call Swara." Pari continued while looking at Annapurna.

'I always trust you Badi Ma with my life, I know you will always choose the best for me. And now you have chosen Swara, I will try to make it possible for both of us. But will I be able to involve in this marriage with my heart? I still need time to accept this, but I will fulfill all promises and vows which I will take with her.' Sanskar's thoughts were disturbed by sweet anklets sound, and he turned his head to check the source of voice and there was she walking taking small steps along with his Mom, Badi Ma, Kaki Ma and his sisters......HIS BRIDE covered in veil.

They made her stand in front of him for jaymala.

As per instructions Swara and Sanskar exchanged garlands, followed by Kanyadaan which was performed by Shekhar and Sharmishtha, when they put Swara's hand over Sanskar's hand he felt her hands as icy cold.

Post Saat Phere Panditji asked Sanskar to feel her maang and adorn her neck with mangalsutra.

Pari came to help them out, she slightly raised Swara's veil. Sanskar was mesmerised with her angelic, delicate, elegant yet innocent look, her hazel doe eyes which were right now becoming watery and looks like she was controlling her tears but her gaze was downwards. She was trying her hard not to move her eye lashes, her chubby cheeks which have became red, straight and sharp nose, thin line of lips which were pressed on each other, sleek neck where she was gulping again and again.

Parineeta slightly raised her maang tikka, and Sanskar adorned her hair line with sindoor of his name and some sindoor fell on her nose.

Sujata bought one thali in front of him which had mangalsutra. He took it in his both hands and adorned her neck with pious black beads thread with diamond pendant, Mangalsutra which tied them together for life long.

Sanskar felt Swara's shivering when his hand slightly touched her neck when he was making her wear mangalsutra "sorry" he quickly mumbled.

"Vivaah sampanna huva, you both should take blessings from elders." Panditji announced the completion of all rituals.

Rituals which marked Swara as Sanskar's better half, which changed her identity from Ms. Swara Anurag Bose to Mrs. Swara Sanskar Maheshwari, which changed her existence and fate as well. From being nobody, she became somebody, she became the crowned queen and 'Badi Dulhan' of Maheshwari's.

***********

Please let me know how did you like this chapter by your votes and comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 6.1K 77
β—‡ She wasn't my girlfriend Neither she was my crush. But in the list of priorities She always remained the first β—‡ β—‡ He is mature, I'm childish He...
285K 2.1K 5
πŸ…WON 2ND PLACE IN TEENFIC AWARDS UNDER ROMANCE GENERE Anjali was suppose to attend a wedding but fate played and she ended up being the bride! Anja...
2.7M 161K 76
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
88.2K 1.7K 18
Meet Olivia and Lucas the lost Mafia twins Their mother took The Twins away from their father and 5 brothers at the age of 1. Their mother died 2 ye...