Putting Oceans Together

By beronicas_child

[COMPLETED] [30,000 - 35,000 WORDS] Betty Cooper grew up in a small town called Riverdale. She loved it, but... More

Beginning
Florida here we come!
Florida
The Blonde Beauty
Ravin-haired Princess
She's Everywhere!
Fast Besties
Maybe Falling
It's A Friendly Date
Questions
Questioning
Talks, Together and More Questions
Plain Sight
I'm Watching You
I'm With You
Struggling Thoughts
Going Home
Robyn Conner
Riverdale
First Day
Secrets
Conversations
New York - Part One
New York - Part Two
New York - Part Three
Break
Don't Open The Door
Crazy
Back Home... Again
Last Day
Summer
Epilogue

Slow Lovers

825 39 104
By beronicas_child

Betty's POV

I woke up the next morning, and surprisingly it was by myself. Not Kevin coming into my room because Cheryl and her dumbass meeting things every morning. I would be fine if was Veronica calling me again. I like her. She's nice.

Well, it's Saturday and I know Veronica works in the morning. Maybe I'll call her later. I got dressed for the day and walked out of the room. Kevin was sitting on the sofa on his phone. He turned and saw me.

"Your up early." He said.

"Wait. What time is it?" I asked.

"It's six." He said.

"Ugh! Why am I up at six?" I complained.

"Well, don't go back to sleep now. The guys and I want to hang out all day." He said.

"So?"

"We need a girl to tame us and Choni is doing something else today, so we need you." He said. I sighed.

"Why would you need me to tame you guys? You know how to behave." I said. He laughed.

"You do realize guys' minds do not mature after the age of seven, right?" He asked.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"We are going all over. So look forward to walking today." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Great! Well, I need a coffee." I said.

"Hey, don't leave yet. We'll go by the diner thingy and you can grab one." I smiled a little knowing Veronica'll be there this morning. He smiled and walked over to me. "Is somebody blushing?" He asked. I looekd at him and stopped smiling.

"No, I'm smiling." He rolled his eyes.

"Either way, it's about the girl... Veronica, right?" I nodded.

"Yes, but it's not about her."

"Mhmm. Keep saying that."

"What are implying?" I asked. He smiled.

"Just that you like her, and theres nothing wrong with that." He said.

"Yeah, theres nothing wrong with that because I don't like her. She's my bestfriend." I told him.

"Bestfriends don't become bestfriends that fast." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm done with you and everybody. Tell me when the guys are here and we'll go." I said. And just as I started to walk away there was a knock at the door. I looked back at him. He smiled.

"They're here."

"Ugh!"

We walked along the sidewalk. As we walked by the diner.

"Oh, hey guys. Betty wanted some coffee so we're gonna stop here real quick." Kevin said.

"Wait isn't this where that one girl works? I can't remember her name." Sweet Pea asked. I sighed.

"Veronica! Yes, it is." I said kind of defensively. He took a step back.

"Woah! No need to get so defensive there. I was just wondering." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You guys just stay out here and I'll be right back." I said and walked inside.

"Betty's got a girlfriend." I heard Fangs say. I looked back and the guys were laughing. I flipped them off. They stopped and held back their laughter.

Once I ordered my coffee I ran into Veronica. She smiled and so did I.

"Hey, Betty. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Just getting a coffee." I told her. She nodded.

"Oh well, I get I off at one, do you wanna hang out later?" She asked. I nodded.

"Of course! I can leave the guys and come back here. They'll be fine." I said. She smiled and so did I.

"Great! See ya later, B."

"See ya, V!" I said and walked outside back to the guys. They were all smirking.

"What?" I asked. They all shook their heads. "No, what is it."  

"Just the flirting." Kevin said. I rolled my eyes.

"What flirting?" I asked.

"Oh, like you don't know." Jughead said.

"Let's go, assholes."

"You're just mad because we're right." Sweet Pea said. I hit him.

"Ow!" He said sarcastically.

"I hate you guys!" I said. Sweet Pea pulled my closer to him.

"You could never hate us. We're the best." He said. I just laughed.

Veronica's POV

When I saw Betty walk into the diner I work at I was slightly surprised. Why would she be here? I wasn't to far from the door so when I heard.

"Betty's got a girlfriend." My eyes widened. She's got a girlfriend? Fuck! If I wasn't such a fucking pussy I could've asked her.

I waited till She ordered to talk to her. I stopped her just as she was about to walk out.

"Hey, Betty. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Just getting a coffee." I told her. She nodded. I told her when I got off. She said she'd come back later. I wasn't gonna ask her about her now mystery lover yet, but I will later.

I watched as her and her friends walked out of the the restaurant. I watched them walk away through the window. So happy.

At around 12:45 she was here. I felt a small wave of sadness. I walked over to her and smiled.

"Just give me one minute and we can go." She nodded.

When we left we walked over to the beach and along the water.

"So, Betty, I heard your friends saying something about a girlfriend?" I said. This is so embarrassing, but I just have to know.

"Oh, that." She laughed. "Uhh, no, that's not true. I'm straight so I can't exactly have a girlfriend so." I nodded.

"Oh." I said quietly. Well,this sucks. The girl I like doesn't even like girls. How can I like my straight friend. "Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nope! Just a single gal. What about you? Boyfriend?" I shook my head and looked at her.

"Nope. I'm single as well. I'm also lesbian." She just nodded. "Is that not okay?" I asked. She shook her head and smiled.

"Oh, no that's fine. That's perfect. I just didn't know. I did tell you about Kevin. And Cheryl and Toni, right?" I nodded.

"Yeah, you did." I said. It was quiet. We kept walking along the water.

It was now two. She sighed.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired of walking." I smiled.

"We could go back to my apartment. It's kind of small, but we could watch a movie or something." She smiled.

"That'd be perfect." I bit my lip a little with her smile. Her perfect and gorgeous smile. I love it.

When we got there it was about 2:20. We started watching a movie. About halfway through it She fell asleep. I smiled when I noticed this. I covered her up with the blanket and got on my phone. At around 3:30 she woke up. I smiled at her.

"Oh, did I fall asleep?" She asked tiredly. I nodded.

"Yup!" I said.

"I'm sorry. I always so that during movies. That's why I don't go out to them." I laughed. "I hope I didn't snore." I shook my head and just smiled.

"You didn't. And before you ask why I didn't wake you up. It's because you were to beautiful and peaceful." She smiled.

"Stop!" She looekd at her phone. "Ugh! It's three?" I nodded.

"Yeah, you could go home if you'd like. Not that I'm kicking you out or anything. Its just you can if you like." She nodded and smiled

"Yeah, I think maybe Kevin will be worried." I nodded and smiled, too.

"Yeah." I said. I walked her to the door. "Okay. Bye, B." I said. She smiled and hugged me.

"Bye, V. Also, if I don't get any sleep tonight it'll be your fault." I nodded and laughd.

"Okay." I said and she left. What the fuck have I done to myself?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 801 20
Cheryl is a "broken" teen, who has been through hell and back. She is accepted by her mother but picked on at school because of her father and broth...
70K 1.8K 65
[COMPLETED] [55,000 - 60,000] Jughead and Betty argue all the time. Over the littlest things too. Jughead hated the fighting and arguing. He just wan...
104K 1.7K 62
When Betty Cooper applies for a job to help provide for her family, she meets people who change her life for the better. Past secrets are working the...
5.5K 163 8
COMPLETED #13 cherylxtoni #9 Cheryl - May 18, 2021 #3 Cliffordblossom - April 16, 2021 #13 Toni - February 16, 2021 #14 Chonismut - February 16, 202...