A new neighbor (Dylan Dauzat...

By karajay65

Kara and her best friend Emily are just planning to have the best summer ever before going into their junior... More

A new neighbor (Dylan Dauzat fanfic)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Authors note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Note
Another note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
note
Another note
Chapter 18
chapter 18...(once again)
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Note.
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Note
Church
Ok....
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Note. Plz read.
A happy ending
The end

Chapter23

5.6K 82 31
By karajay65

Kara's POV

I wake up with Emily on the bed and Aaron is on the floor. I try to get up but Emily's crutches were on top of my back. I pull them off and set them aside and realize Dylan isn't in the room. I go downstairs and he's nowhere to be found. I try calling him and automatically get his voicemail. I look at the window down at the bottom of the hill and his truck is gone and so is his moms. I look at the time and it's 12:56. We were all tired, but where in the Sam heck did Dylan go? I try calling him again. It rings and goes to voicemail. He keeps declining my calls. Should I worry? I trust him to not hurt me, but I'd like to know if anything is going on. I text him after my long train of thought.

To Dylan: hey babe? Where are you?

*read at 1:01pm*

I wait for a response. But nothing.

To Dylan: are you ok? I'm starting to worry.

*read at 1:26pm*

I am really worrying. My eyes start to fill with tears. I walk back into the room and see Aaron roll over and I turn my head and just walk towards my dresser.

"Morning Kara" he said with a rasp. I turn my head slightly and try to crack a smile.

"Morning." my voice couldn't be any more noticably shaking.

"What's wrong? Where's Dylan?" He asked.

"Come downstairs.... I don't want to wake Emily. She needs her rest." he nodded and got up out of the floor rubbing his sides and lower back.
I go downstairs with Aaron following. At this point I let a silent tear fall from my face and I turn around.

"Kara are you gonna tell me what's wrong now?" He asked concerned.

"I'm worried about dylan.... I woke up this morning, he was gone. I looked for him everywhere. His truck and his moms car are both gone. I called him twice and both times he declined my calls. I texted him twice and read them both at different times. It's like he's ignoring me." I finally cry.

"Shhh. It's ok Kara." He said hugging me and rubbing my back. "Maybe he had an emergancy meeting with an agent and is busy." His words hit me like a dumb ass. But Dylan could've at least woke me up and told me.

"I didn't think of that...but I can't help but worry."

"Don't worry. Try to call him again."
I grab my phone off the coffee table and dial Dylan's number and put it on speaker. It rings twice this time and then goes to voicemail. I sigh and hang up and set my phone back down on the coffee table.

Aaron then pulls his phone out of his pocket. He dials his number and puts it on speaker. I'm trying not to cry but tears keep slipping out silently.

"Hello?" Dylan's voice answered Aaron's phone.

"Hey man. How's it goin?" Aaron said calmly.

"Oh....fine. Where are you Aaron?"
I slapped a hand over my mouth to keep from sobbing sounds from coming out.
"Oh I left early this morning. I'm at Taco Bell right now eating. I got up and saw you were gone. Is everything alright?" Aaron lies.

"I don't feel like talking...about it." He swallowed hard and his breath was starting to shake.

"Dylan are you ok? You're really staring to worry me man."

"I'm sorry I just cant...don't tell Kara that anything is wrong please....im fine..." he started to cry and Dylan hung up ok Aaron.

"Hello?......hellooo??....Dylan!" No answer. I broke loose. He would answer his calls but not mine. He decides to ignore me. That kinda crushes me.

I sit down on the couch, both of us are clueless of what is going on. I cry harder and harder into a pillow on the couch. Aaron sits down beside me rubbing my back and he accidentally sat on the tv remote and the tv turns on the news channel. As he was about to turn it off, I hear something with a familiar name.

"Wait a sec Aaron." he pauses and we both stare at the tv.

"We are getting reports of a young woman walking down the sidewalk in a small neighborhood and an oncoming car did what purposely looks like she was ran over and almost completely flattened and crushed and died instantly. The woman goes by the name of Amy Dauzat and her family was noted of this early this morning. Officers say the people in the car had no intention of stopping and just kept going. The car had hit her so hard. That paint chips from the car were found on her body."

The reporter goes on and on about this story as Aaron and I sit there in shock....oh my god Dylan. He left early this morning....he won't talk to anyone. He must be heart broken...devistated. I need to find him. So I text him again.

To Dylan: baby... I know what happened. Please tell me where you are. I love you so much.

*read at 1:49pm*
*typing*

From Dylan: I'm at cave run lake spillway. Baby I love you too.

I hurry and sprint out the door. The spill way is literally around the corner from my house by the park. As soon as I get there I sprint to where he's at and don't even stop to greet him. I tackle him in a huge embrace. He falls back and his arms wrap around me with sobs constantly falling from him. His tears seem endless. I feel so sorry for him. After he finally turns me loose. He looks up with red eyes and a hard frown and he puts his head in his hands and shakes his head.

"I can't get through this one Kara. How am I gonna tell Allie? Dad is gone with another woman and my mom is dead." He sobs and I rub his back even more.

"Dylan death is hard to conquer. I've done it time and time myself. It isn't easy at all. I really understand your pain. I lost my dad just 3 years ago to an airplane crash. I was doing exactly what you're doing now. It's ok. I really love you and am willing to do anything to help you get through this. I love you so much Dylan." I say embracing him again. I finally help him stand up. He keeps his head low and we walk down the hill and I take him to his truck and I take the keys. He is in no condition to drive.I text Aaron and tell him to get Emily up and tell her everything so she doesn't ask questions and make him feel worse.

"Do you wanna go back to my house or your house?" I ask softly.

"My house please." he sniffs and lays his head on the window to cry some more. This is going to be a rough bump for him and Allie.

------------------
"I have to pick Allie up from daycare. And tell her....." He says after we have been sitting talking about his memories at his house.

"Are you ok to drive? Do I need to go with you?" I ask.

"You can go. But I have to drive to keep myself from crying the way there figuring out what I need to say." I nod and we get in the truck and drive a good fifteen minutes and Dylan just stared at the road with his lips pressed into a hard line and his broad eyebrows narrow.

We soon arrive and I find the daycare manager and she greets me and I give her a small smile.

"Hello Sue. Dylan and I are here to pick up Allie." I say

"Oh but why so soon may I ask?" She said.

"A very tragic thing has happened." Sues expression changed to confusion. "Dylan and Allie have no dad. And this morning their mother has been killed by a careless fool driving a car and was ran over and killed her instantly. He isn't sure how to tell Allie but that why we picked her up early." My eyes are starting to water. And a tear falls from sues eyes.

"That poor little sister of his. And I give you three my condolences for your loss. I am very sorry." She said

"Thank you. So much" we say our goodbyes and I walk over to Dylan and he tries to put on his best happy face and as soon as Allie sees me and Dylan she runs to me and I pick her up and give a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Bubby!!!! Kara!!!!" She exclaims.

"Hey little sissy." Dylan says.

Dylan's POV!!!!!

"Arent you early? Where's mommy? She always comes and gets me." She said.

Kara put her down and I crouch to her level and take her hand in mine

"Allie sweetly mommy isn't going to take care of you anymore. Me and Kara will." I said shakily.

"But why did mommy leave?"

"Allie baby, mommy isn't coming back." A tear falls from my eye.

"But why? I want mommy to come back!" She raises her voice.

"Shhh easy Allie." Kara said patting her back.

"Remember when mommy and I talked to you about the time there's gonna be a day when we die and are gone until you go to heaven?" I ask her.

"Yea I remember bubby." She said

"Well something bad happened to mommy and she died and is in heaven now baby." My head lowers and I can't help but let tears fall from sadness.

"But will mommy ever come home?"

"No sweety....mommys not coming home no more."

"No bubby. Stop lying! Mommy hates it when you lie!" She sobs and I grab her and pull her in and hug her tight. She keeps crying and I pick her up and carry her out the sort and I grab Kara's hand with my free hand. Kara opens the door and we stand outside and I let Allie cry all she needs to. But after thirty minutes. Kara starts the truck and She is driving. I am in no position to. and I put Allie in my lap in the front while Kara drives.

When we get home I tell Kara to go back home. Because I need time with Allie. Time to figure out what's gonna happen. Time for rehabilitation. Time to recover and think. Time to accept what has happened.

A/N

HEY GUYS SORRY ITS BEEN A WHILE. AND THIS CHAPTER WAS SO FREAKING SAD TO WRITE. I HAVE BEEN FOCUSED ON MY MUSIC AND FINALLY HAVE AUDITIONED FOR ALDISTRICT AND ALDISTRICT JAZZ. ONLY MADE JAZZ AND IM HAPPY WITH IT. I LOVE YOU GUYS. THANKS FOR THE READS AND I GET A KICK OUT OF SOME OF YOUR COMMENTS. 😂 LOVE YOU GUYS SO FREAKING MUCH!!!! IM FEELING GOOD TODAY SO I MIGHT EVEN POST AGAIN TODAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 34.4K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
571K 46.9K 22
Indian Chronicles Book III My Husband, My Tyrant. When Peace Becomes Suffocation. Jahnvi Khanna has everything in her life, a supporting family, a hi...
565K 19.5K 93
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...