Lilah

By AshlynPope

#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1: Butterflies
Chapter 2: CIA Spy
Chapter 3: Sugar
Chapter 4: Sober
Chapter 5: Nineteen
Chapter 6: Dangerous
Chapter 7: Mistake
Chapter 8: Grasshole
Chapter 9: Friends?
Chapter 10: Hugs
Chapter 11: Jake
Chapter 12: Destroyed
Chapter 13: Drugs
Chapter 14: Nothing
Chapter 15: Selfish
Chapter 16: Miami
Chapter 17: Childish
Chapter 18: Karma
Chapter 19: Yours
Chapter 20: Drunk
Chapter 21: Sway
Chapter 22: Enough
Chapter 23: Retaliation
Chapter 24: Amazing
Chapter 25: Stargazing
Chapter 26: Dumb
Chapter 27: Crackhead
Chapter 28: Done
Chapter 29: Reassurance
Chapter 30: Herb
Chapter 31: Party
Chapter 32: Apples
Chapter 33: Weird
Chapter 34: Baby
Chapter 35: Doctor
Chapter 36: Bud
Chapter 38: Club
Chapter 39: Flowers
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: Scared
Chapter 42: College
Chapter 43: Jessica
Chapter 44: Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 37: Suspicious

1.7M 32K 159K
By AshlynPope

❀Azalea❀

"I want to know about your dad," I start off and he nods slowly. I plop my booty cheeks on the couch, turning toward him, and giving him my full attention. He tilts his head only slightly, never taking his eyes off of me.

"He never had anything to do with me," he starts and I grow sad, "I lived in the house 'till I was seventeen, you know that."

I give him a small nod.

"I had to raise myself. Couldn't talk to him. Didn't eat with him. I hardly ever saw him. So I spent most of my time doing other things like basketball. I think I was so good because all I did was practice and anything else I could to keep from going to that house," he explains.

I know what that's like.

I feel my bottom lip wiggle and I grab a couch pillow and shove it over my face.

"Azalea, stop," he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me to him. He removes the pillow from my face and he wipes my damp cheeks.

He was all alone for so long. And he had to raise himself.

"It's over. It's nothing, okay? You went through way worse shit, I'm fine," he runs his hand down the surface of my back. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug onto him tightly.

"So I moved out," he continues, still letting me cling onto him.

"That was the best decision I've ever made," he kisses the side of my neck.

"I got into this training program after I turned down going to Kentucky and that's what started this all. I already had a two-year college degree from high school, which was something I knew would keep me busy and not paying attention to things at that house. I needed that in the program so I was lucky."

"I went right from the training facility, straight to D.C. In D.C they did all sorts of shit, training, physical evaluations, mental evaluations, and every type of background checking they could possibly do on me."

"They wanted someone young enough to grow with the start of the FAA so they offered to give me permission to start it and I did."

"And when it came to getting the guys, every two months I would get files of each of the people in training and then I had to report back to D.C to pick a single person out of a group of thirty to be apart of this with me."

"You voluntarily chose Theo?" I laugh into his arm. Poor Theo has such a hard time sometimes.

"Those thirty guys I had to choose him from were a rotten batch, he was the best chance I had," he shakes his head.

"Plus I knew him beforehand and it just so happened to work out that way."

"So what about the restaurant?" I question. What does he need the restaurant for if he could just as easily have some nice headquarter?

"Everyone knows where the FBI headquarters is. I wasn't about to fuck with people that often. If they know exactly where we are, they'll be bothering us. So I settled for the restaurant," he shrugs.

"The only time I didn't get to choose who was coming here was when the new girl came, whatever the fuck her name was. They thought she'd be an okay fit. She's fine, not doing any fieldwork," he rolls his eyes.

"Her name is Jaqueline," I remind him of her name.

"Like I give a shit," he grumbles.

"What about Jake? He never went to any type of training place," I wonder.

"He was a friend of Theo's and he wanted to help out. I let him because I could see he was a good kid. As soon as he turned the right age, he was going to go to the training facility but," he trails off and I nod, understanding.

"Why was your dad so dressed up? And he called me the freaking r-word," I furrow my eyebrows and scrunch my nose slightly.

"Almost every time I've ever seen him he's wearing a suit. And I know he called you that, that tells you what kind of person he is right there," he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Why does he know where you live?" I wonder aloud. Grey lets a bitter, fake smile onto his lips.

"A couple years ago, I figured that since we were now both adults, we could talk things out. Turns out he's still a motherfucker and I guess he hasn't forgotten the address," he explains and I wince.

"I think you and I are just better off without our parents," I conclude and he allows a little smile onto his lips.

"I think you're right," he agrees.

"Especially since we can fuck whenever we want-"

"You just had to say that didn't you? I knew something like that was gonna come out of your mouth soon, you haven't said anything like it in like ten minutes," I pat his cheek, face not booty.

"C'mon," he stands and pulls me up with him. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Where are we going?"

"The kitchen," he answers. He drags me into the kitchen and I head to the fridge. I'm kinda hungry. I'm sure he is too considering this is where we are.

I bend down to the level of where the drawers are in the fridge and I examine the food items.

I'm about to eat real good.

Grey's presence suddenly appears behind me. Actually it doesn't appear behind me, I feel him behind me.

I stand straight back up immediately and his wraps grip my hips, holding me against him.

So hornish.

He spins me in his arms and lifts me, placing me on the counter. He connects our lips urgently and he pulls away, lifting off my shirt.

"Grey? What are you doing?" I question once he grips the waistband of his Nike joggers.

"I'm about to strip for you," he answers like it's no big deal, meanwhile, I'm getting hot and bothered.

"Here? We're in the kitchen!"

"I'm horny," he places his lips along my jaw, pulling my body closer to him. I breathe heavier upon hearing the words and feeling his lips on my skin.

He suddenly tugs my pants off.

"Are we seriously going to do this here?" I question aloud.

"What? Would you rather do it on the dining room table?" He offers and my eyes widen.

"Our room is not even that far away," I explain to him but it appears to have gone over his head.

"Yeah. But this is hot; if you could see yourself right now," his eyes trail down my frame, "fuck."

"Hornish crackhead," I mumble almost inaudibly. He yanks my underwear off and I gasp in surprise.

He leans to me and kisses me fervently, gripping onto the hair at the base of my neck. His free hand travels below my waistline and I have trouble focusing.

After a while he pulls away and grips onto the waistband of his boxers.

"Woah there hoss," I stop him. He narrows his eyes slightly at me.

"Don't call me hoss," he grumbles.

"Don't we need a..." I trail off nodding.

"I'll pull out."

"Heck no," I shake my head, "what happens when you forget?"

"Fuckin' Grey Jr."

"Stop it," I bite my lip, keeping a laugh in.

"It doesn't feel as good with one," he mumbles and I raise a single eyebrow.

"Excuse me, why do you know that?"

I understand he's been with other girls. I'm fine with that, that was when he didn't know someone as great as me existed. I don't think I'm okay with him having non-protected sexy time with them though.

He smirks.

I'm going to roundhouse kick him in the esophagus.

"I don't know a hundred percent but I do have a hand and that shit feels pretty fuckin' nice-"

"Stop," I cover my ears.

"And think about it," he trails his hands up my thighs, "nothing between us. Just you and me."

I place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Why don't we just use one this time and then later today or tomorrow I can go to the doctor, okay?" I tilt my head. I hate to admit it because I'm going to have to have a church session in my car later but he's really got that sounding pretty nice.

"Birth control?"

I nod. Abby's on birth control, she tells me about it sometimes when we have our 'girl talk.' I still can't get over having our talks. I love it so much. It's amazing and it fills my heart to the brim knowing I have someone who I can tell anything to.

Of course, I can tell Grey anything and everything. And I do. But there is also just a satisfaction factor when complaining about him to Abby. I complain about him to him too but I like having Abby to agree with me.

"Then we'll still have to use some other protection until it fully starts working but the sooner I get it then the sooner you can y'know, go without one," I explain.

He rushes off and comes back quickly with a package in his hand.

"I'll take that as an okay," I whisper. He slips it on and thrusts into me. My head tilts up to the ceiling and I try to keep the sounds to a minimum.

He grips my neck and tilts my head back down until I'm directly face to face with him.

"Eyes on me."

~~~

I wake up with a jolt. Grey slowly lifts his head from its position on my chesticles.

"What's wrong?" his sleepy voice questions. I look down at my feet.

"A demon is going to get me Grey, my feet are out in the open," I nod to them and he looks down toward them.

"Are you serious?" He groans, rising off of me. He leans down and places the covers back over my cold feet. Then he lays back down in the spot he was.

"Better?" he questions and I nod. I wiggle my toes just to make sure they weren't eaten.

"What time is it?" I mumble. I raise my arms up and stretch greatly. Grey gives me a look that says 'do you really have to do that right now?'

"It's one," he mumbles. Crud. The sexy time that occurred earlier this morning wore us out. I'm sorry Jesus.

"I've got to get up," I sit up and he reluctantly removes himself from me.

"Why?"

"I promised Mr. Terrip I'd be at the store by lunchtime and it's past then so I need to go," I stand under the closely watching eyes of Grey.

"Would you quit it? You already saw enough earlier," I point my finger in his face, eventually poking his cheek, face not booty.

"You're pretty," he replies and I allow a smile onto my face.

"As a mule's butt or...?" I trail off and he scoffs.

"Shut up," he grumbles. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm starting to think that's his favorite phrase. Of course, other than the combinations of curse words he uses.

"You look like a lion, by the way," he tells me before rolling over and acting like he hasn't just offended my heart.

I walk into the bathroom and peer into the mirror.

He's not wrong. Brat.

This is what I get for going to sleep with my hair wet. I tinkle and brush my teeth again, just for good measures. Then I take out the gosh darn straightener and straighten my lion mane. Halfway through doing my hair, he waltzes in the bathroom fully still down to his skivvies.

"You should let me straighten your hair-" I cut myself off when I hear him freaking tinkling.

"Grey Alexander!" I shout.

"What? I'm human," he replies.

"Yes, a human who could have gone to the other bathroom to tinkle!" I throw my free hand up in the air.

"This one's closer," he answers and I shake my head at him, focusing back on my hair. Eventually, he stops and flushes. Why does he pee for so long? Good heavens.

"See? Not so bad," he slaps my booty on the way out of the room.

"I could've burnt myself just now because of you!" I call out to him.

"Yeah okay," he replies haphazardly caring, "oh hey, wanna go to Montana with us?"

I set the straightener down and dart back into the bedroom.

"What?"

"Montana, Lilah, are you listening?" He slightly teases. I sort of lose focus watching him pull on his pants.

"The state of Montana?" I grow excited. He pauses.

"Yes darling, the state of Montana," he teases, "why are you so amazed?"

"I've never even been out of the state before," I smile and he frowns.

"What? Why?"

"Well my parents went on a lot of trips and they offered to take Jake but they always said that I needed to stay at home to watch over everything. Jake didn't like that and it always ended up being both me and him staying at home, so I never went anywhere," I explain.

One time they went to the Bahamas. Jake and I were so excited about going but when dad told me I had to stay, I was devastated. I already had my bags packed and everything. And I felt terrible that Jake stayed home with me. I knew how excited he was to go and I was the one that held him back.

"Well I'm just going to have to take you everywhere then," he sends me a gorgeous little smile that makes my heart flutter.

He's so sweet.

"Now get your ass over here and let me give you a hickey," he raises his arm calling me over. The love-struck look falls off my face and it's replaced with an unamused one.

I look to Bear and internally plead him to control Grey.

"Don't act like you don't want it," he leans down to the end of the bed and he holds his hand out to me.

"I just know that it'll lead to something that's already happened once today," I reach my hand into his and he pulls me gently onto the bed with him. Why did I still give him my hand if I knew what would most likely happen? Because I'm a crackhead just like him.

He pulls me closer to him and he places my back against his chest. He rests his back against the headboard and I lean my head back onto his shoulder.

"I won't give you a hickey," he mumbles, gripping gently on a strand of my hair and twirling it.

I just straightened my hair. But I let him twirl my hair anyway. It feels nice.

"I'm fucking with you," he leans his head down and presses his lips onto my neck. His tattooed hand travels around to the front of me and before I can even apologize to Jesus beforehand, he grips on my boob.

My boob!

His other hand trails up my neck and tilts my head slightly backward and to the side, giving him better access to the spot where he wants to show how much of a crackhead he is.

"Grey," I whisper to him quietly. He hums quietly against my neck.

"I love you," I tell him softly. He pauses a split second and I feel his lips turn up in a little smile.

As a part of my bucket list, which I partly forgot about, it says that I need to tell Grey I love him many times during the day, every day.

I'm not too bad at telling him and he's pretty darn good at telling me. But I've just found that I love catching him off guard when telling him I love him.

For example, a couple days ago we were at the restaurant.

Grey, Theo, Oaklee, and Lincoln were in Grey's office.

I busted up in there and interrupted their little conversation without a care in the world. Well, I didn't really have a care in the world because Grey sent me the world's loveliest text.

The text was asking me to get him the coffee that I usually bring him. First of all, in the text he referred to the drink as a drink for (another word for cats).

If I'm being honest it was only making fun of himself because he loves that drink.

The second part of the text was just the regular romantic and chivalrous Grey being himself and it basically said 'hurry up, I want to (effing) feel you up when you get here too.'

After arriving and busting up in his office, he was exceptionally unhappy. Just because those guys were in his office.

So I walked over to him, sat his coffee down on his desk, and gave his heavily frowning face a look.

Then I had leaned down and just ever so softly whispered in his ear that I loved him very much. When I pulled away, his lips were turned up in that smile of his and I felt very accomplished.

Even the guys were making fun of him for actually smiling considering they had pretty much never seen that beautiful sight.

Then Grey proceeded to whisper a reply in my ear. Such a sweetheart.

He said something along the lines of 'that whisper turned me the (f-word) on. It's too bad they're here.'

At that point he had grabbed the back of my upper thigh, a spot where the guys couldn't see because we were behind the large desk.

He continued with 'I'd (f-word) you on this desk if no one was here.'

Of course, I wouldn't let that happen because that's just very out there and way too dangerous for where we were.

At that point I had pulled away because I had gotten a little too hot and bothered but he pulled me back down to him.

'But I love you.'

Other than the inappropriate things he said after his adorable little smile, the interaction made my heart happy.

"I love you," he replies. I've noticed now that I don't think Grey has ever said 'I love you too.' I'm sure it means nothing but I find it odd.

He suddenly bites down on my neck. I pull away from him and slam my head onto the bed in front of me, groaning into the sheets.

"That was hard," I mumble.

That's what she said. Stop.

"It wasn't," he grips onto the top of my pants in the very back. I rub my hand on the spot he bit.

I raise my hand up and I punch his stomach.

Well, I thought it was his stomach.

"Fuck, Azalea," he groans in pain rolling over and placing his hand over his goody region. Oh Lord, I hit him in the peepee.

I sit back up all the way and hold my hand over my mouth. I feel genuinely bad.

"I'm sorry Sugar!" I recollect myself. He still lays sideways on the bed, his face kind of scrunched up in pain.

"Want me to rub it-Oh no! Nevermind!" I pinch the bridge of my nose and roll my eyes at myself. He rolls off the bed and he stands up. Bear follows him, making sure he's okay. He's such a good puppy.

Grey walks around the room, his jaw clenched as he does what he needs to...get himself better.

I can't imagine what getting hit there feels like. I feel like yeah, getting hit in the boob hurts but I feel like getting hit in the peter hurts way worse.

"I meant to hit your stomach," I bite my lower lip in concern for him. I know it shouldn't, but it actually makes me laugh a little bit. He always smacks the daylights out of my buttcheeks, he bites the crap out of my neck, and so I feel like I've finally gotten even for all the things he's done to me.

But this is the first and hopefully the last time I mistake his goody region for his stomach.

I stand and come up behind him.

"Oh lord, what if it doesn't work anymore? Can you break that thing?" I begin to worry. I hold my hand onto my heart and he turns around to me.

"It's not a thing it's my dick."

"Oh same thing."

~~~

ϟ Grey ϟ

The week coming, we're off to Montana. It's last minute and it pisses me off that I'm the one that has to set up the planes and everything else.

Sure, we could fly in regular planes with regular people if we didn't have a whole shitload of guns that we have to bring with us.

We have a guy that's set up with us through D.C and all we have to do is drive to Knoxville and we're able to take off from there.

Even though it's pretty simple, I don't like last-minute things. I really like to know my fucking schedule for the upcoming week.

But Azalea is fucking coming. If she would've said no I probably would've dragged her ass along with us anyway. I'm not about to leave her all alone all week.

I know for a fact she'd be perfectly fine by herself. But I won't be so she's coming. I feel like I'm more clingy to her than she is to me but I couldn't give a shit.

I hear a knock on my door and I perk up thinking it could be her. But Theo's face coming into view makes me slump back down and turn my attention back to my computer.

"Hey," he says awkwardly and I narrow my eyes a bit at that. He's never awkward. He probably fucked something up.

"What'd you do?" I grumble.

"What? Nothing!" he relaxes a bit, his voice almost returning to normal. From the corner of my eye, I see him take a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk. He leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees. That makes me suspicious. Very suspicious.

I turn away from my computer and look at him. He looks oddly shaken up.

"I have to tell you something," he starts off quietly.

♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦♢ ♦

Thank y'all for reading! I'm going to pray now because of the things I wrote mostly at the beginning of this chapter :)

*Not Edited*

Word Count: 3777

-Ashlyn Montgomery

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 367 32
Viscious, cruel, cold -- those are just some of the words used to describe Jade Von Kaiser, the sole heiress to the Von Kaiser fortune. Working along...
87.3K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
226K 3.6K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
53.7K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...