The boy that friended Number...

By Miragemc

Your name...well you don't really remember.. but all you know is that you have two number cards. That's all y... More

Where am I? Who am I?
The new duelist in town.
Deck
The duel carnival begins. Y/n duels for Number 52.
Talking to Heartland and becoming a hunter.
Y/n's painful memory. Brother tag team
Droite's curiosity with Y/n. Co-workers day.
Y/n meets Haruto. Y/n vs V.
Yuma's drive. Y/n's anger at Five.
Y/n's high speed duel. Yuma Bring it to 'em!
The rematch. The fury of a duelist.
Droite vs Tron. Questions get answered
Too many things to remember.
Conflicting personalities. Y/n vs Tron
The being behind the mask
Day Off and Memories.
The Sickness.
The Dark Energy
Choas is in the air.
Y/n's updated deck Barian arc

Y/n becomes Yumas favorite and only brother.

6.8K 91 91
By Miragemc

The night was quiet. Everyone was enjoying their time sleeping in the Tsukumo home except for one. Y/n Tsukumo.

------------------------

"Let the number take hold." A deep voice told the boy as he held his head as he sat in on the couch. "N-No. I can't let it take control." He gasped as he held his head as the numbers four and eight appeared on his right hand. Just then Highlander appeared next to the boy as number 48 appeared opposing the synchro monster.

"You must let it take control to follow your destiny." The voice echoed until a giant flash of light appeared making Y/n and the monsters vanish before appearing on a narrow walkway. Y/n looked ahead seeing a weird emblem.

"N-No!" He yelled as Number 48 rushed him but a flash of green light appeared and a scythe and claw protected the boy as Highlander and Void ogre dragon stood beside him in a protective manner. But a golden light appeared making the number retreat back into its card form as Y/ns eyes glowed red for a split second as a monster roared behind him. The light was too much causing Y/n to appear back in the house as the number vanished from his hand and his synchro and monsters all looked at him with worry until Y/n wiped his face of sweat causing him to cough.

"Why is number 48 trying to take control?" He asked as he remembered the number protecting him. "Is it starting to corrupt?"

"No. You're state of mind is off balance." Snoww said as she sat next to the boy.

"How?" He asked as he looked at the female.

"Your mind is thinking of two things. Family and destiny. Sadly these two things don't work together. You must try to focus on one."

"Focus on one." He repeated as he looked at his cards.

"No matter what you choose we'll stand beside you no matter what." She said before vanishing.

"I need to go for a walk." Wiping his his face Y/n grabbed his clothes,changed and walked around heartland city.

Y/n yawned as his breath could be seen in the cold air. The boy continued his walk but felt something off as he held his hand with Number 48 appearing on his hand. "I need to focus on my destiny or family huh?" He asked looking into the night sky. Hmmm." He mumbled as he looked higher into the sky.

--------------------------------------------

Yuma had just woken up as he noticed the sun was up but his clock indicated it was around 7:30 in the morning. But the thing he mostly noticed was instead of seeing just Astral, Y/n stood in his room wearing formal clothing that consist of a white and black checkered flannel, a black shirt, dark blue pants and black sneakers. "Y/n what are you doing here?"

"Yuma its time for school. Get dressed so we can head out." He said as the teen held two bags. "Kari wanted me to wake you up so we can head out together." He said looking at the still asleep boy.

"Why do you need to go?" Rubbing the sleep from his eyes Yuma saw his brother chuckle.

"Simple. I'm gonna be working at your school as a T.A. whatever that means." He smiled as he walked towards the rope that he used to climb in. "I'll see you down below in the living room. If you take too long I'm gonna leave without you and I'll just have a breakfast Onigiri myself." He smirked before climbing down the rope.

Y/n looked through his deck as he held Dark Highlander in his hand. "Dark highlander might be strong. But its effect really nerfs having a second Synchro on my field if he's summoned first. But not an XYZ monster. Hmm."

"Oh Y/n you're awake." Haru stated as she walked towards him.

"Oh hey grandma. Yeah I'm just waiting on Yuma so we can head out." Smiling at the old woman he looked back towards his deck.

"Oh looking over your deck I see." She smiled as he nod.

"Yep. I'm thinking of going towards the card shop after work and getting a few XYZ monsters for when I have highlander out since he negates any way on having Synchro monsters on the field.

"Well if It's xyz monsters you need. I think I have the perfect card." She smiled before making her way towards a small wooden box. Haru made her way over to him and sat down next to him as she opened the box showing a deck and a few XYZ monsters. "These are my cards for when I played duel monsters. Sadly due to my old age and heart these poor things have been collecting dust. But I would like for you to have this XYZ monster." She smiled handing him a card.

"I know it's not strong but it definitely makes up with its effect." She smiled making Y/n smile back.

"Thank you grandma. I'll take good care of it." Smiling the boy grabbed the XYZ monster and added it to his extra deck. Smiling Y/n heard Yuma rush down but slower than ever since he was still tired. "Ready Yuma?" He asked before standing up.

"Yep. Let's get going." He said as he made his way towards the door. Y/n chuckled after getting their lunches from Haru and made his way towards Yuma.

"I don't get it why you want to leave so early." Fully awake Yuma said as Astral floated near him.

"Yuma school starts in half an hour. You should be glad I let you sleep in." Y/n chuckled as the two stopped at a crosswalk.

"Still. Plus why do you have to work, shouldn't you be in school?" He asked making Y/n shrug as the two started to walk again

"Kari said that working would be better for me. Anyways we're here." He smiled seeing the gigantic school. "I'll be in the office getting everything situated. If you need me just holler." He smiled walking away.

"I should be saying that to you!" Yuma replied back as Y/n simply waved at him and entered the office.

"You're brother seems to enjoy being around you." Astral said as he looked at Yuma making him embarrassed.

"Well he's like you and I always wanted a older brother. I just hope I can learn more from him when it comes to dueling. I mean I do have you but he can give me some extra tips." Yuma smiled before heading towards the quad.

Y/n entered the office as he yawned. Even though he was wide awake he's not used to waking up this early.

"Ah you must be Y/n Tsukumo." A voice said as the boy turned around to see a teacher of the school just entering.

"I'm Ukyo Kitano. But my students call me Mr. Kay." He smiled before shaking the boys hand. "I'm gonna be the teacher you'll be assisting." He smiled making Y/n smile.

"Gotcha."

"Anyways you can follow me. I was just about to head towards my classroom." The teacher said causing Y/n to stand up and follow him. "I heard you dueled Shark yesterday. Everyone talked about it even with your-uh-what was it called?"

"Synchro Summoning?"

"Yeah! Everyone was excited about it. From what I was told you use addition for it correct?" Mr. Kay asked as Y/n walked next to him.

"Yes. When I have a monster that's a tuner I can tune it with a non-tuner monster to synchro summon a monster who's total level is the combined number of the two. Take Dark highlander. For me to summon him I need a level four non-tuner monster and a level three fiend tuner. It could be said about the levels if you reverse them." Y/n smiled as the two walked into the classroom.

"Fascinating. I have a feeling you'll be great for my class." Kay said as he smiled at the boy. "Unlike normal middle schools I run most of my classes in different areas. I'm also the P.E teacher. So after homeroom and math. You'll be coming with me to the P.E class to make sure everyone is healthy. Then I'll let you take the lead for dueling period."

"Right." Y/n smiled as the bell rang telling everyone to enter their classes. Y/n set up his area filled with different dueling decks and even loaner decks.

"Y/n!" A familiar voice called out to him as the boy looked up seeing Yuma waving at him and smiling making the teen smile back.

"Everyone. I want you to meet our new T.A. please introduce yourself." Mr.Kay said making Y/n stand in front of everyone.

"Hello. My name is Y/n Tsukumo. I'll be here if you need any help with dueling and regular school objectives. I'm always here to help. But just know." Y/ns smile vanished as he looked at everyone. "If you cheat I'm not gonna go easy on you. When we duel specifically." He said before returning to his normal self. "Anyways. Besides that I'm sure we'll all be fine." Y/n bowed as he sat in his area again.

Everything was going fine for a while until the middle of math as Y/n noticed Yuma falling asleep as he walked around making sure everyone is understanding what they're learning. Looking up Y/n saw Mr.Kay focusing on the presentation so quickly the boy made his way towards Yuma and shook him awake.

"Huh?" Yuma asked drowsy making Y/n sigh.

"Yuma stay awake this could help you as well. I mean I'm learning right now about the Triangle sum theory. This could help you with dueling." Y/n whispered making Yuma look at his brothers notes seeing a entire page filled with them.

"Sorry." Yuma apologize making Y/n smile.

"Just stay awake and pay attention." Y/n smiled as he walked away before helping other kids out.

After about an hour the bell rang giving everyone a nutrition break. Y/n walked towards his desk and sat down eating a apple as he read his notes before going over his loaner decks he got from the school.

"So Y/n what do you think so far?" Mr.Kay asked making the boy look up after swallowing a chunk of the apple he's eating.

"Quite interesting. The students here really seemed focus. I'm quite interested in this school and its teachings. But anyways what's next?" Asking the teacher Mr.Kay looked at the boy and smiled.

"Dueling period. So you'll be able to show some kids of the decks we have." He smiled causing Y/n to fist bump.

"Yes." Y/n smiled as he grabbed his deck.

"Alright its duel period." Yuma yelled as he ran out to the dueling field. But before he could even duel anyone Y/n stood in the center as everyone sat down.

"Yuma. You're right on time." He smiled as he looked around.

"What's going on?" The boy asked as Y/n smirked.

"Simple. You and I are gonna duel." He smirked as he showed his duel disk and deck.

"But isn't dueling supposed to be open to everyone?"

"Yes. But just for today I'm doing a practice duel for everyone here and you're gonna be my opponent. Then tomorrow will be like the other days but with some bonus content." He smiled.

"Alright. Bring it on then Y/n!" Yuma smiled as he activated his duel disk and duel gazer.

"Duel!"

Y/n 4000 l.p

Yuma 4000 l.p

"Students first." Y/n smiled as Yuma smirked with Astral appearing next to him.

"Yuma let's show Y/n what we can do." He said causing Yuma to agree with him.

Yumas turn.

"I draw! I set a monster. Next I set one card face down. I end my turn."

Y/ns turn

"I draw. I summon Brron mad king of the dark world." Placing the monster card on his duel disk Y/ns monster appeared from a shadow as it smiled eerily at him. "battle. Go Brron attack Yumas monster card." Y/ns monster jumped in the air and clawed the card showing Gogogo golem.

"Nice try. But my golem can't be destroyed once per turn when it's in defense mode." Yuma smiled making Y/n nod.

"I set a card and end my turn."

Yumas turn.

"I draw. I summon Gagaga Magician. Now I overlay my level four monsters to xyz summon. Gagaga Cowboy in attack mode."

Y/n looked up at Yumas XYZ monster as it stood in front of the boy.

"Ha. What do you think about that?" Yuma asked his brother making Y/n smirk.

"Not bad."

"I activate Gagaga Cowboys effect. By using one overlay unite when it's in attack I can decrease your monsters attack by five hundred and increase mine by a thousand during the damage step. Now go Gagaga Cowboy dethrone that king."

Brron atk 1800>>>1300

Gagaga Cowboy atk 1500>>>2500

Yumas cowboy began to fire its guns at Brron effectively destroying it.

Y/n l.p 4000>>>2800

Y/n placed his card in his graveyard and waited.

"Alright now I end my turn." Yuma smirked as Y/n drew a card.

Y/ns turn.

"I draw! I activate the spell card dark world lightning to destroy your face down!" Y/n announced as Half break was destroyed.

"No my trap card!"

"Now due to the effect of my spell I discard a monster. I discard Grapha, dragon lord of the dark world! Since Grapha was discarded its effect kicks in allowing me to destroy a card on the field. I choose Gagaga Cowboy!"

"No!" Yuma exclaimed as his XYZ monster was destroyed.

"Now I summon Broww, huntsman of the dark world."

"I don't get it why did Y/n get rid of Grapha but summoned Broww. Wouldn't he get more power out of Grapha?" Yumas friend Bronk asked as he saw the huntsman.

"This is why Bronk. Even though Grapha is in the graveyard he'll be coming to my field." Y/n said as he smirked.

"What?!"

"Graphas effect activates. I can return one Dark world monster to my hand to special summon Grapha from my graveyard to my field!"

Everyone felt the ground shake as a fissure appeared with Grapha flying out and landing in front of Y/n as it roared.

"Go Grapha attack Yuma directly!" Y/ns monster roared as it fired a black blast at Yuma sending him back.

Yuma 4000>>1300 l.p

"I set a card face down and end my turn."

Yumas turn

"My turn. I draw. First I summon goblinberge and thanks to its ability I can special summon a level four monster. Come on out Gagaga Gardna! I overlay my level four Gagaga Gardna and Goblinberge. I xyz summon number 39 Utopia! Go Utopia attack."

"What? Utopia has less attack points then Grapha." Y/n said as he saw Yuma use a xyz material to stop his own attack.

"Now I activate double up chance. This card doubles Utopias attack and allows it to attack once more."

Utopia 5000atk.

"Go utopia end Grapha!"

Y/n watched as Yumas XYZ monster destroys Grapha sending him back towards the ground.

Y/n 2800>>>500l.p

Yuma smiled as he saw his brother go back.

"Alright this duel is all mine!" He celebrated but Y/n stood up and smirked.

Y/ns turn

"My turn. I draw! I activate dark world dealings."

"Since I discarded beiige he can be summoned back. Now I summon flare resonator. I tune my monsters. Appear Dark Highlander!"

Dark highlander 2800atk >>>>3100atk

Y/n and yuma stood across from each other as their monsters starred at each other wielding their weapons.

"Go highlander attack Utopia!"

"I activate utopias effect to stop your attack." Yuma smiled seeing Y/ns monster turn tail as its weapon clang against Utopias sheild.

"I set a card face down and end my turn."

Yumas turn.

"I draw. I chaos xyz Utopia Ray!"

Y/n watched as Yuma Chaos Xyz his monster.

"I activate Utopia Ray's effect. I decrease your monsters attack by five hundred and increase Utopias by a thousand. Go utopia attack Dark highlander."

Dark highlander looked towards Y/n and nod.

"Nice try little bro but this duel isn't over yet. I activate the trap Mirror Force."

"What?!" Yuma exclaimed as Utopia was destroyed by a copy of itself.

"I end my turn."

"I draw." Y/n yelled as he drew a card."go highlander attack Yuma directly." Y/n yelled making Yuma hit zero life points.

Winner: Y/n Tsukumo.

"As you can see everyone Yuma lost due to being over confident and attacking without remembering what's on his opponents field." Y/n said as he walked towards his brother before smiling. "But that doesn't mean it wasnt a good duel. If I didn't have mirror force I would've lost. Now everyone after the duel carnival we will have a duel tournament. If you win the tournament then write down what card you want and I'll buy it once it's over. But for you to win the tournament you must beat me in a duel. I will be using a variety of decks so you won't be facing against just my Dark World monsters. Anyways everyone have fun dueling for the rest of the class." Y/n smiled as he looked at Yuma and ruffled his hair before walking towards a bench and relaxed.

After school.

Y/n is seen walking home with Yuma. Yuma smiled as he walked side by side with Y/n.

"Y/n that duel was awesome." He smiled as Y/n smirked but got serious.

"Yuma. Are you participating in the duel carnival?" He asked as Yuma smiled and nod.

"Yeah. I'm gonna show everyone how to feel the flow." He smiled as Y/n chuckled and brought him into a gentle headlock as he ruffled his hair.

"You better meet me in the final then." Y/n smiled before letting go of his laughing brother with the two entering their home.

"Huh? What happened to my set up?" Y/n asked as he saw his clothes, blanket and pillow not anywhere near the couch.

"Oh I moved you to Yumas room. I hope you don't mind." Haru said as she smiled. "Sleeping on a couch must be bad for your back. So I bought a new bed for you. You'll be sleeping under Yumas main room." She smiled as Y/n walked upstairs and towards Yumas room seeing his climbing rope that let to his room but noticed a bed.

"Huh." Was all the boy could say as he sat on the bed.

"Alright. We're roommates." Yuma smiled as Y/n smiled back.

"I'm gonna go shower. I'll be back Yuma." He smiled before taking a pair of pajamas.

After showering y/n made his way towards his bed but a sudden light appeared blinding the boy as he appeared by the door once more.

"What am I doing here?"

"The power of a burning soul will fire up your raging spirit." The door said as Y/n saw someone standing in front of him.

"Who is that?" Y/n walked closer but a new number card appeared in front of him.

"To unlock the power of a burning soul. You must understand who you are ment to be. Find number 52."

Y/n looked at the card with shock before a dragon flew out of the gate and towards him,with the number five on it's back, and roared at him before swallowing him whole.
-------------

Y/n appeared in his room and looked around as he held his head.

"Number 52." He muttered before going down stairs to get something to eat. Unknowning to him Astral was with him the entire time.

Y/n walked past the three members of the family as they ate dinner. He had a spot but simply walked past it and grabbed something to snack on.

"Oh Y/n. There's food here you know." Kari pointed out but the boy simply walked up his stairs towards his room with some crackers. "Is he okay?"

"Maybe he's thinking of the duel carnival?" Yuma said making Haru smile.

"If that's it then he can take it tomorrow with him." Haru smiled as she saw Y/n walk upstairs.

Timeskip to the next day at school.

Y/n sat in his desk as he looked at his cards.

"I have to find that number. I can learn the secret of my past. Of what happened to me." He said as he looked towards the two envelopes at his deck holding two heart pieces.

"Ah man. I thought it was just a pop up." Yuma yelled as he looked at the screen with Heartland on it.

"Huh?" Looking up Y/n saw a pile of smoke fire out of the classroom with Yuma missing. "Tori." He called as he stood next to Yumas friends. "What was that about?"

"Oh. Yuma is upset cause he waited too long for the duel carnival." She said as she looked towards the male but noticed the envelopes in his hand. "What's that?"

"The heart pieces I got for Yuma and I. I was gonna give it to him but I was looking at my deck and thinking of something." Y/n said as he sighed. "Can you guys make sure he doesnt do anything nuts while I clean up?"

"Yeah. You can count on us." Yumas friend Cathy said as she rushed outside with the others.

"I should've gave him the envelope before class." Sighing he packed everything away and left towards his brother. But was stopped by a few girls giving him a apple. "Thanks ladies but please keep the apple. Share it among yourselves. I'm quite full from my lunch." He smiled before rushing outside.

Yuma and his friends all stood outside of Heartlands building as the man walked out smiling.

"Well. Mr.Tsukumo it says here you have already registered." He said with a smile.

"Huh? But I didn't." He said confused but heard panting.

"Yuma. You....should've come...to me."

Yuma turned around seeing his adopted brother panting as he held the envelopes.

"I already registered myself along with you. If you just let me." Y/n was cut off as he felt himself being hugged.

"Thanks Y/n. You're the best big brother ever!" He smiled as Y/n hugged him back gently.

"Ovseravtion number 20. A older brother will do everything in his power to make his younger brother happy." Astral said as he saw Yuma open his envelope showing his heart piece.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 50 29
Tsukumo Ventus is the adoptive older brother of Tsukumo Yuma, who has lost his memories two years ago. When a being named Astral appears before the t...
58.8K 2.5K 23
I'm Yami Kakudo. I was really good friends with the Sakamaki and the Mukami brothers when I was little, but the good times didn't last long. My fam...
32.3K 722 10
DISCLAIMER: MATURE/18+ CONTENT INSIDE INCLUDING SMUT, SOME VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE! EVERYONE'S AGE INCLUDING THE READER'S AGE ALONG WITH THE TWO LOVE I...
787 3 13
I DON'T OWN YUGIOH this story is about what happened after YuGiOh ZEXAL there will be characters from 4 generations so please be kind. "Talking" [Thi...