Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ni...

By BluD3vil0712

Set in New York City, Mizuki, a young woman trained by a rebellion, joins the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles in... More

Mystic Mayhem
Origami Tsunami
Donnie's Gifts
Shell in a Cell
Minotaur Maze
War and Pizza
Newsworthy
Repo Mantis
Down with the Sickness
Bonus Chapter (If Mizuki was infected with the flu)
The Fast and The Furriest
Mascot Melee
Bug Busters
The Longest Fight
Hypno! Part Deux
The Gumbus
Mrs. Cuddles
Stuck on You
Al Be Back
Bonus Chapter (Girls' Night Out)
The Purple Jacket
Pizza Pit
Smart Lair
Hot Soup: The Game
The Evil League of Mutants
Author's Note
Late Fee
Bullhop
Mind Meld
Nothing but Truffle
Bonus Chapter (Donnie and Mizuki's Sleepover)
Shadow of Evil
Random Drawing
Portal Jacked!
Mizuki's Parents
Warren and Hypno, Sitting in a Tree
Sparring Partner
You Got Served
How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will
Happy New Years!
Mystic Library
The Purple Game
Bonus Chapter (Day and Night Out)
Man vs. Sewer
The Mutant Menace
Turtle-dega Nights: The Ballad of Rat Man
The Ancient Art of Ninja Hide and Seek
One Man's Junk
Snow Day
Bonus Chapter (Tangled Love)
Cloak and Swaggart
Jupiter Jim Ahoy
Insane in the Mama Train
End Game
Many Unhappy Returns
🍋Bonus Chapter (Mating Season) 🍋
Todd Scouts
Goyles, Goyles, Goyles (Donnie and Mizuki version)
Flushed but Never Forgotten
Lair Games
Author's Note and Update
Breaking Purple
Repairin' the Baron
Air Turtle
Pizza Puffs
Author's Note

Operation: Normal

937 15 0
By BluD3vil0712

A/n: Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, everyone!

*****

At the Run of the Mill pizzeria, the girls and Leo and Donnie conversed about something that had happened recently until Yami came along with their orders.

"Alright, guys, here's the Super Creepy Supreme..." She set down a pizza with blue slug-like creatures.

"And here's a small," she placed a dish in front of Mizuki and April.

"Thanks, Yami," Mizuki acknowledged her.

"Any time, squirt," Yami saluted her before heading off.

"Is that pizza looking at me?" April said uncertainly at Donnie and Leo's pizza.

"Eat us, we are delicious," the slugs said in monotone.

"I'll share mine with you," Mizuki handed her the normal pizza while taking a slice.

"Thanks," April took the slice while smiling gratefully at her.

"What? You won't eat the Super Creepy Supreme?" Donnie asked her.

"I wish just once we could go to a normal pizza spot," she explained.

"Well, we could, but the moment the boys head out in public light, there's a good chance the authorities will catch them," Mizuki reasoned.

"Yeah. And you know we can't go into human places with, uh, this whole situation," Leo gestured to himself. "Embrace it, April, you're just a magnet for weirdness."

"I know, it's just sometimes a girl just needs normal—ugh!" April wrinkled her nose as she watched the two turtles eat their pizza.

"What do you mean? What's not normal about this?" Donnie implied, his mouth full of pizza.

"Yeah, I was a bit grossed out at first," Mizuki whispered to her.

The boys and Mizuki saw something happening on the opposite side of them and lifted up their menus hastily.

"Here, you'll need this," the blue-haired girl handed her another menu.

"Why?" April asked her.

"Okay, birthday boy, get ready to...Party!" A green yokai with a bow tie danced around on a diner table.

He then exploded and splattered over the birthday guests and the turtles and girls, who still had their menus up for protection.

The guests cheered happily, as the boys and Mizuki laughed and set down their menus.

"Aw, Exploding Frankie never gets old," Donnie chuckled.

"You okay there, April?" Mizuki asked the brown-skinned girl.

"Yeah, I'm good," the latter nodded.

She sighed and got up from her seat. "I'm going to class. Thanks for sharing your pizza with me, Miz."

"Of course," Mizuki nodded.

As they watched April walk off, the turtles glanced at one another and shrugged.

*****

"Donnie, Leo, don't you think that maybe we should let April have a normal day?" Mizuki asked them.

"How do you mean, sweetheart?" Donnie implied.

They hid out in the alleyways of the city later that night. But Mizuki still couldn't get April's wishes about having a normal day out of her head.

"You know, no battling mutants, no venturing down into the Mystic Hidden City, no hunting down oozesquitoes," she explained. "I mean, that's what April wants, right?"

The two glanced at one another, then back at her.

"Hey, speaking of whom..." Leo gestured down to a head of brown curls walking down the sidewalk.

He and Mizuki appeared from behind the trash cans, leaving Donnie to hang upside down on the fire escape ladder.

"What the—?" April yelped in fright.

"April, you got to come," Leo said to her. "Mikey found some invisibility paint, we're gonna put it on Dad's tail."

"That is, if I try to stop them from doing anything dumb," Mizuki added.

April laughed, placing her hands in her jacket pockets. "I love you guys, and def send me pics, but now that school's over, I'm just gonna chill and have a nice, normal day."

"Scoff. Are you really still on this whole 'I want things to be normal' kick?" Donnie asked her from the ladder, making air-quotes.

"Uh, what are these for?" April asked back, making the air quotes like him. "I am normal."

"What about that one time we chased down the Purple Dragons when they stole Donnie's tech?" Mizuki crossed her arms in front of her chest with a smug smirk. "And when you guys fought off Draxum when you were rescuing me and Mayhem? And let's not forget about that one time you paddled down in the sewers and wearing a hazmat suit."

"Exactly, what big city girl doesn't have a kayak and hazmat suit?" Donnie smirked.

"Look, guys, just because I love the bonkers, doesn't mean I don't want normal sometimes, too," April added.

"I mean, you could try, but it'll be easier for everyone involved if you just admit you're a total weirdo magnet," Leo told her.

"I've got non-weirdo friends, like—like my new friend, Sunira. Su—Suneera—"

"Sunita?" Mizuki finished for her.

"How'd you know?" April raised an eyebrow.

"Just a wild guess," she answered.

"Well, that's who I'm texting to see if she wants to hang out later," April texted on her phone, then lit up with excitement. "And she does. Hah! In your face."

She danced off while laughing mockingly at the brothers.

"You see what I mean, now?" Mizuki glanced at the two guys.

Leo got up from the ground and stood proudly. "Then it's up to her three totally not weirdo friends to make her having a normal day happen."

Donnie fell off from the ladder and yelled in pain.

"Are you okay?" Mizuki asked him worried.

He gave her a thumbs-up while still lying on the concrete back flat. "I'm good."

The three teens hid behind the bushes and watched April and Sunita from their hiding places. Donnie sneaked a peek through the binoculars while Mizuki held a periscope.

The turtles are dressed up in elderly women's clothes, with Donnie wearing a yellow bandana on his head, a wig, a purple coat, shirt and skirt with slippers, and Leo wearing another wig, blue shirt and skirt and a pink shawl. Mizuki wore her school outfit before she, April and Donnie battled the Purple Dragons.

"Why do you always make us dress up as old ladies?" Leo asked his brother annoyed. "And how come she doesn't get to dress up like us?"

"Number one, comfort. Number two, to blend in as we monitor April's day for max normalcy," Donnie replied to him. "And number three, because Mizzy's already too beautiful to be in an old lady disguise."

"I'd like to keep the compliments down to a minimum for a while now, please," Mizuki smirked at him while blushing lightly.

"And aren't you going to tell April that you knew Sunita from Exploding Frankie?" Leo questioned her.

"Because he's her dad? Maybe later," Mizuki replied.

April nearly gave away her times hanging with the turtles and Mizuki to Sunita and replaced them with something else.

"Way to be smoothly normal, April," Mizuki said under her breath.

"How's she doing, Hortense?" Leo asked.

"She almost blew it, Patty," Donnie said as he looked through the binoculars. "Oh, fab-o boots. And that is Donnie and Hortense talking."

"Let me see," Mizuki was handed the binoculars and saw April's new friend wearing silver-colored boots.

She gasped amazed. "Wow, they seemed...interesting."

Handing them back to Donnie, she studied the boots further and narrowed her eyes.

They looked somehow...similar to the dark armor...

"Hold on, what do we got here?" Leo grabbed Donnie's hand that is holding up the binoculars.

"You shall not pass!" The trash wizard from the chase with Ghostbear declared dramatically as he stepped in front of a few people.

"That guy again!" Mizuki groaned annoyed.

"Oh, no, you know how April freaks out around cosplay wizards!" Donnie realized in horror.

"Operation Normal to the rescue," Leo said determinedly.

"Let's go!" Mizuki said.

The three teens headed off in different directions. Leo threw the binoculars at a pigeon on the rock, sending it flying away.

April and Sunita turned around just in time for Donnie to fly the yelling trash wizard from the two girls.

Mizuki led the terrified people safely from where the trash wizard used to be before April and Sunita turned around again and shrugged.

"OMG, what is that?" Sunita grabbed April, who instantly panicked.

"What is it?!" The other girl yelled.

She stopped when she saw Sunita gesturing to a pretzel cart and sighed relieved. "Oh, a pretzel cart? Have you ever had a genuine New York street pretzel?"

"No," Sunita chuckled. "But can I now? Please, please, please, please?"

"Oh, it is on," April replied.

The two girls walked to the pretzel cart, where the Foot Brute and Recruit are wearing vendor disguises and waiting for them.

"Oh, no!" Mizuki gasped.

She quickly rushed to where the Foot people are and pulled them into the bushes. The leaves rustled greatly as she fought them off until she had managed to knock them out. She instantly popped up behind the cart in the Foot Recruit's vendor disguise and added a fake mustache, her hair hidden underneath the cap.

She cleared her throat before speaking in a man's voice. "Get your pretzels! Get them in yellow or dark yellow!"

April and Sunita rushed up to the pretzel cart and started choosing their pretzels. The puffy-haired girl squinted her eyes at Mizuki and nearly lost her cool when Mizuki winked at her.

"What are you doing here?" April whispered to her desperately.

"Oh, what a nice man," Sunita noticed Mizuki and smiled. "Are you two friends?"

"No, that'd be weird," April said nervously and led her away from the pretzel cart. "Not that I don't like nice men. My uncle's a nice man. Let's go get pizza."

Mizuki watched them walk off and sighed content.

"That was close," she said as she removed the fake mustache.

"Mizzy! Everything okay?" Donnie and Leo rushed up to her in worry.

"The Foot, they're after April and Sunita," Mizuki explained quickly. "I think they might want to do something bad to them."

"Well, we can't let them ruin April's normal day," Leo said with determination. "Let's go!"

*****

The three teens soon located the pizza where April and Sunita are eating. They hid up on the statue and studied them cautiously.

"Operation Pizza, subset of Operation Normal is going great," Donnie reported.

"Uh, I wouldn't be so sure," Leo said nervously.

They noticed the Foot Brute and Foot Recruit hiding behind tables where April and Sunita are sitting outside.

"Operation Normal just went defcon red alert," Leo growled.

"They usually go by number, but, uh, let's move," Donnie added.

"Right behind you," Mizuki smirked.

The teens fought off the two Foot people, while Mizuki occasionally made sure that April and Sunita are still occupied.

"Why do we always keep bumping into you guys?!" Mizuki yelled as she blocked the Foot Recruit's attack before kicking her in the stomach.

"Mizzy!" April called and waved her over from behind the restaurant.

The blue-haired girl nodded before dodging the Recruit's attack again and throwing her over her shoulder. She quickly ran to where April is hiding behind the restaurant.

"Are you doing okay?" April asked her worried.

"Never been better," Mizuki nodded.

"Good, good, now, um," April said calmly. "I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but..."

"Are you following me?!" She yelled, a vein about to pop on her head.

"Look, April, I'm going to be honest here," Mizuki explained while trying not to be frightened by her anger. "Donnie, Leo and I are making sure you get to have a normal day with Sunita, but the Foot people are after you and we're doing everything we can to keep them away from you. We're going to fight somewhere else where we won't bother you, okay?"

April sighed and stared back at her with grateful, yet pleading eyes. "Alright, just please, fight somewhere else."

"We won't let you down," Mizuki nodded.

April smiled at her before heading back inside the restaurant.

The Foot Recruit suddenly kicked Mizuki in the face and they started battling one another again.

*****

"Why does it have to be here, out of all places?" Mizuki groaned annoyed and avoided the Foot Recruit's kick.

The three teens are now fighting off the Foot people at the Lazerdome, where April and Sunita are playing a game of laser tag.

April skidded around the corner and glared at the two girls agitated. "Again? Come on, Mizzy. Ruining my normal day and laser tag? Laser tag is sacred."

"Beyond sacred. How could you?" Foot Recruit glared at Mizuki.

"Look, I know I told you we're helping you have a normal day and we're making sure nothing bad goes wrong, but they keep following you everywhere you guys go," Mizuki explained while putting the Recruit on a head hold.

"That's what you think we're doing?" Foot Recruit snickered before continuing to fight Mizuki.

She kicked her up in the air, and Mizuki landed beside April, who stepped out of the way in time.

"Okay, look, I'm gonna help you kick their butts," she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "And then you guys got to go. Deal?"

"Deal," Mizuki gave her a fist bump, smiling, and flipped herself back up. "Operation Normal is about to get un-normal and then go back to normal."

April and Mizuki began to fight off Foot Recruit, leaving Donnie and Leo to fend off the Foot Brute.

At one point, they were able to get the enemies away from April and Sunita before the two girls ran off to hide somewhere. The Foot Brute suddenly picked up Mizuki and threw her towards her wall, prompting her to scream and grunt upon impact.

"Hey!" Donnie snarled, but he was knocked down and stomped on by the Recruit.

She heard Sunita babble and looked up just in time to find a green Yokai soaring in the air before exploding. She covered herself as much as she could, while the Recruit and Brute are covered in green gunk and landed on the ground.

Donnie quickly rushed over to Mizuki and tenderly helped her up. "You okay?"

"Apart from a concussion that may come up soon? I'm okay," she answered.

"April, what happened? Where's Sunita?" Leo asked.

April smiled and gestured to the green gunk surrounding her.

"Ah! She's in puddles!" Donnie exclaimed terrified. "April, it is not normal to liquify your friends!"

"Yeah," April replied and pointed down to the floor again.

The green blobs got back together and merged into a feminine form, who pressed something on the side of her chest and changed back to human.

"She's like Exploding Frankie," Leo laughed. "It never gets old. I love it."

"Hah, so, I guess you never stop being a weirdo magnet after all, huh, April?" Donnie remarked.

"You know what? I don't need to be normal. For me, weird is normal, and I am so cool with that," April smiled.

"As a fellow weirdo, I concur," Sunita agreed.

"Hey, fake pearls. You're standing on my toe schmootz," she said to Donnie. "I need that to fully reform my—whoa."

"What's wrong?" Mizuki asked her worried.

"Hey, where are my boots?" Sunita stared down at her feet.

Mizuki and Donnie both realized that the Foot people had taken the boots while they were distracted before staring back at her.

"Sunita, please understand this," she said to her. "It's about to be serious." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 242 43
It wouldn't be surprising if Leo got some unneeded criticism from his older brother, Raph, after Leo suddenly became the leader of him and his brothe...
71.5K 2.8K 25
*This series is set in the 2012 version but does not follow the canonical timeline; this series will have many references to events that happened in...
27.1K 893 47
Meet Lizzie a cat yokai who is ready to fight villains, make friends and even fall in love with one of the turtles. Even if not everything goes as ex...
97K 2.4K 22
Rosa is an eight year old kid dealing with fighting parents. She has no friends, and every time she tries to talk to their parents they are in the mi...