The Way We Feel

Von IndianaRay

All she needed was time to heal all wounds and a lot of time passed ever since she saw him, but what does she... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 6

2.1K 35 3
Von IndianaRay

Purple flowers are laying in the trash on top of half eaten sandwiches and crumpled tissues. With them probably also Adrien's hope of getting together with me.

I take a deep breath and walk out of the building to the elevator in the parking garage. I fix my hair in the mirror inside the elevator and put on some lipstick with the slight hope of meeting up with Denis, just in case he decides to cancel his plans and see me. He hasn't texted me back in three hours and I'm concerned that he's mad at me, although I'm certain that I haven't done anything to anger him.

The elevator door opens and a despondent man walks in. His eyes gleam as he looks at me, my lungs almost collapsing by how fast I'm inhaling and exhaling, and I feel like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Are you going home?" Adrien asks, his eyes are tacked on my feet, making me shift uncomfortably in my spot.

"It's none of your business where I'm going."

"I know you're dying to eat something right now and I could eat a good burger with you if you'd just let me-"

"No. I'm eating lasagna." I sternly cut him off and press my lips together.

"A burger with beef is better." He replies leaning against the wall.

"With onions. And cheese. Maybe a few pickles and ketchup." I add in a small voice. "Not that I care." Saliva is almost threatening to pool in my mouth as I visualize the juicy burger that I describe.

"But lasagna will do it too." Adrien shrugs and I look at him and an impish smile graces his face.

What would happen if I went out with him to eat a burger which I want rather than a cold leftover lasagna? Knowing that Adrien and I are over and that I don't want to see him anymore, I play with the mind of going to lunch with him. I'm always playing with fire, but this time I'm sure I learned how not to burn myself on it.

"I'll go eat with you. Just for the burgers and I'm starving so I could use something good as a burger." His lips try to suppress a big grin and he nods his head one time, promising me, that I won't regret it.

The American style restaurant isn't far from work and we both already seat ourselves in the rather busy back. It was my suggestion, I don't feel comfortable being alone with him for too long. Not as I used to, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

We don't eat in silence, as he's the one who always tries to strike a conversation with me, trying to discuss the year we haven't seen each other. I respond with the usual head nods and short answers, trying to avoid some questions.

"It's crazy." He smiles, eyeing me, while I'm devouring my burger.

"What? I'm hungry," I knit my brows together, "This is a good burger by the way, not like the ones in Orleans."

"No, I mean that we're talking to each other again."

Rather him than I.

"Okay, we're not going to make a habit out of this. I'm only hungry and rather eat a burger than frozen lasagna." I explain to him.

"I missed you, I don't think I've ever missed someone this bad in my life."

I sigh and shake my head, wondering if that's a mutual feeling. I despise him, I'm trying to.

"Sure, do you love the feeling of missing me?"

"No."

"Then you shouldn't have done what you did, but let's not talk about it." I wave my hand as if I was trying to get rid of flies and proceed to eating my almost finished burger. "I could eat a second one."

"Go ahead."

"But I don't want to stay any longer."

"Why? Is Denis waiting for you?" He scoffs, "I can't believe it's him. Denis. The guy you told me not to worry about."

"Things changed, he treats me good."

"So that's all it took? For him to treat you good?"

I shoot a lethal glare at him.

"He treats me better than you ever could, don't even get me started on this." Sighing, he tries to change the subject, fearing that he might cause an argument.

"How's the move going so far?"

"It's great, really great I can't wait to be done with everything. I'm still at the beginning."

"Do you need any help?"

I look at him and his face tells me, that he is dying to spend time with me. I want to cuss at him, but I decline with a forced smile and shake my head.

"My boyfriend is helping me."

"Goodness Lola, just say his name."

"Does it bother you that I call him my boyfriend?" I raise a brow.

"Yes. A lot. Cause that's what I want you to call me."

Almost stifling a laughter I take a sip from my Sprite, his face is rather serious and genuine.

"You had your chance Adrien." I say his name as if it is something unfamiliar, it almost has unfamiliarity to it when it comes out of my mouth.

"I know. I don't want to beg you for another chance-"

"Yeah don't even."

"I'm truly sorry. I wish I could turn back time and do everything right." He looks down at his hand, that is fidgeting with the straw in his glass.

"Wishful thinking, how cute." I giggle briefly.

"You hate me."

"No, maybe I exaggerated a little out of anger, I'm just done with you." I say coldly and the expression that appears on his face is almost as heart wrenching as the one he had the last time we saw each other.

"That hurts, Lola."

"Does it? As much as it hurt me when you never gave me a chance?" He doesn't answer, which I'm glad about. I don't want him to answer this question. "Anyway, it's getting a little late-"

"I can take you home." He suggests with eyes as wide as that of a kid in a candy store.

"Rather not, I can do it myself. Thank you." With that I get up and take my purse, opening it up to get my wallet out.

"Please Lola," he stops me, "I'll pay."

"This isn't a date Adrien, I'll play for myself." I make clear and he keeps quiet.

In the garage, he lingers a little, watching me get inside my car. I hold the door by the handle and look at him, asking myself how I should should say goodbye. Or if I should say goodbye at all. I've never thought, I would be in this situation again. Frankly, I always painted a picture of how things would play out between him and I, but that was just in my imagination. Now that he's actually here, it's so strange.

"Bye." I finally say.

"Have a safe ride, please let me know when you get home."

I scoff and only shoot him an irritated look.

"Please Lola."

"Sure, leave me your email address." I proceed to shut the door, but he stops it with his hand.

"I'll give you my number, it's up to you if you wanna text me." He holds his open palm out and I stare down at it.

"I don't know, maybe not."

"Please." His eyes are soft and I have no choice than to give in.

I pull my phone out, hoping that what I'm doing is a good idea.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

785K 13.6K 78
"You are MINE! And I would like to see anyone who dares to tell me otherwise, even you." He glares down at me. His eyes, they're so dark, so cold and...
202K 3.5K 33
Emily Prentiss x Reader - - - Cisgender female reader - You, the reader, meet a beautiful but retired female FBI agent at a BDSM club and you quic...
7.3K 524 52
"There's someone at this party, that fucked me over. I need you to seduce him. I need you to make him want to fuck you, let his guard down. Then...I...
397K 10.8K 31
"๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ, ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต." -๐˜“๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜™...