Renegades One Shots (Nodrian...

Od PrincessRenegade

A collection of random renegades-themed one-shots! All characters, world, etc, belong to the wonderful Mariss... Více

Intro (Not a One-Shot)
Silent Thoughts (Nodrian)
Asking You Out (Osby)
Perfect First Date (Osby)
I'm Sorry (Nodrian)
Bloody Noses (Nodrian)
Awkward Stumble (Nodrian)
Adventures in Baking (Osby)
Movie Night (Osby)
Supernova is Here!!!
My Happy Ending (Nodrian, Spoilers!)
The Christmas Spirit (Part One, no spoilers)
Writer's Block (No Longer Relevant)
The Trials (Part 1, No Spoilers)
The Trials (Part 2, No Spoilers)
Soundwave's Plan (Part 1, No Spoilers)
Elementary School Osby (No Spoilers!)
Soundwave's Revenge
Dogs or Cats? (Nodrian Fluff)
Flu Season (Osby, no spoilers)
The Trials Series: Adrian (No spoilers)
Friends (Grade School Osby Rewrite)
Support (Nodrian, Major Supernova Spoilers)
Cramps and Ice Cream (Somewhat Osby, hints of Nodrian, No spoilers)
Mothers and Cupcakes (Osby, slight spoilers)
Family (Nodrian, No Supernova Spoilers)
Sharing a Sundae (Nodrian, Major Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part One (Spoilers)
What To Expect When You're Expecting: Part Two (Spoilers)
Reunion (Major Supernova Spoilers)
Tragedy (No Spoilers)
Nodrian's Quarantine (Nodrian, implied spoilers)
Unpopular Opinion
Telling the Friends (Nodrian, Osby, Spoilers)
Delivery (Nodrian, Spoilers)
You Meant OUR CHILD?!(Nodrian)
Nova Makes a Mistake (Nodrian, No Spoilers)
PSA For My Readers: You Guys are AWESOME
An Update
It's Out!
The Trials Series: Danna's Trials (No Spoilers)
Truth or Dare (Nodrian & Osby)
The Trials Series: Ruby and Oscar (No spoilers, Slight Osby)
Just Ask Her Already! (Nodrian, Spoilers)
Engagements (Nodrian, Osby, Small Spoilers)
Girl Power (Slight Supernova Spoilers)
Update (Not a One-Shot)
Adrian Makes a Mistake (Supernova Spoilers)
I Always Have! (Surprise Ship, Implied Spoilers)
Family (MAJOR SUPERNOVA SPOILERS)
Osby's Wedding (No Spoilers)
Ask Her Out, You Useless Lesbian
You Have to Heal
I Have Closure (No Spoilers)
Book Reviews by the Characters (Major Spoilers)
Nodrian Wedding (Spoilers)
Renegades on the Big Screen (Minor Spoilers)
Not Perfect, But Still Wonderful (No Spoilers)
New Year's Special (Archenemies Spoilers)
Memories (Spoilers, Mostly Nodrian, Some Osby)
Kittens (No Spoilers)
Different Choices (Supernova AU)(Spoilers)

Christmas Spirit (Part 2, final, no spoilers)

862 17 10
Od PrincessRenegade

Dedicated to @jacepurr88 for the awesome fan art (again!)!

*****************************************************

Nova hated the Renegades Fan Club.

Usually.

She thought they were stupid and should not be wasting their time on the Renegades, of all groups.

What luck that the group's meeting happened to be on this day.

And guess who the leader was?

Yep, you got it. Kennedy Smith, Renegades enthusiast.

Since she was so nice to Nova earlier, then maybe the fan club wasn't as stupid as Nova originally thought.

"Nova Artino! An actual renegade, here to grace us with her presence!" Kennedy squealed. Nova gave a once-over to the group and saw that they were all wearing Ugly sweaters that were Renegades Related.

Kennedy's sweater had a fireplace with stockings with all the council member's names on them and the words "Renegades" spelled out with blocks on the mantle. Another girl had her favorite renegade's face on hers, with a few Christmas embellishments here and there. Another had Sketch's notebook with his hand drawing a Christmas tree. They were really creative.

The whole room, about twelve people, not including Nova, cheered as Nova stood there.

"As much as we love you Nova, this group is only for people who want to be renegades but don't have powers," Kennedy said, gesturing to herself and her group members.

She sighed "We're as normal as normal gets."

One group member actually started to cry at that. The members sitting closest to him patted his back comfortingly.

I'm not here because I want to join your club." Nova said. "What do you guys even do here... Actually, that's not important."

"I don't know if you guys know this, but Sketch hates Christmas..."

"Oh we know. We're renegades fans. We know a lot about each renegade, which is why Genissa Clark's nice façade isn't fooling us."

"Ok, so Sketch hates Christmas. And I'm trying to cheer him up. Sketch loves his fans. He loves being a renegade because of all the of the good he does, but you guys really keep him going. He loves your support and admiration."

Nova looked at the group and found they were all smiling.

"So I was wondering if..."

'Yes," Kennedy responded.

"What? But you didn't even let me finish." Nova pointed out.

"Nova, we'd do anything for you. That's what being a Renegade fan is about. Supporting the renegades!"

"But what if I asked you to kill yourself or something?"

"You wouldn't ask us to, Nova, because you are a renegade and renegades don't kill or ask innocent people to kill themselves." Kennedy answered.

"Fair enough," Nova said. She really hated the renegades but she kind of liked this group. All of the members looked so nice and sweet. There was even a few young club members.

Nova explained her idea.

"I was thinking that we get a scrapbook with a picture of each fan, and the number one reason why they love Sketch or the Renegades in general. I really think it would mean the world to Adrian and it would help him like Christmas more.

"Well, we were going to dedicate this meeting to making cards for all the renegades..."

"What? But there's like, a hundred of them," Nova started.

"But that can wait until next Christmas! Renegades fans? Get your glitter glue out!"

The whole room cheered and collapsed into utter chaos.

Kennedy started to work on the cover while all the members began to design their pages.

An hour later, every fan was finished.

Kennedy was the last to finish, since she worked on the cover, too.

She added her page, and used a three-hole-puncher to make holes and then tied the pages together using green and red ribbons.

"Good job, fans! Now, there is one hour left for the Tree Decorating Ceremony, so go home and get ready! And remember, immediately after, the council is voting on which one of us has the best sweater!"

The club members left.

"I can't think you enough, Nova."
What? Me? I can't think you enough!"

Kennedy sighed. "With being a fan comes great pain. We know that unless something traumatizing accidentally happens to us, we'll never be renegades.

"Every year after Christmas, I have a group meeting, and that is when I ask them if they got what they wanted for Christmas. I always get no's, because all they want is to be renegades, and they never can. They really needed to do that, to feel useful, and like they were helping the renegades and doing some good for them, other than making some silly cards most of the renegades will probably throw out anyway. We love the renegades, and since we can never be one, the next best thing is to be a super fan who loves and supports them. And doing this scrapbook meant the world to them. Trust me."

'It will mean the world to Adrian, too. So thank you," Nova said as Kennedy handed Nova the book.

"No. The club will present the book to Adrian. As far as I'm concerned, this whole thing was the club members' idea." Nova said.

Kennedy smiled really big, and then hugged Nova.

Nova couldn't help but hug her back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like most years, a wooden stage was built around the tree.

There was also ladders, in case anybody wanted to put their ornament up high.

As usual, the council's ornaments were already on.

Nova marveled at the star. All she ever wanted to do was put that star up on the tree.

But she didn't think she ever would. They always let little kids do it.

Darn kids don't know how lucky they are.

Simon tapped the mic, and when the sound echoed around them, he knew it was on.

He began to speak.

"Welcome, citizens of Gatlon, to the eleventh annual Tree Decorating Ceremony!"

Nova heard cheers, with a huge cheer from behind her.

She looked behind her and saw one of the Renegades Fan Club members. The boy with Adrian's sketch book on his sweater.

She saw Kennedy up front. She and Nova got to the ceremony early to let Simon know what was going to happen, and Kennedy fulfilled her dream of standing at the very front during the ceremony.

Simon always picked a little kid to put an ornament on, but he promised Kennedy that she would be within the first ten.

Kennedy texted all the members, and at the end of the ceremony, after the ornaments but before the star, the members would come together and give Adrian the book as a group.

Nova really hoped this would fill Adrian with the Christmas spirit.

If not, then Adrian is hopeless.

The first ten were called. Kennedy was number eight.

The tree ceremony went on as usual. It took a while, since there are a lot of people who live in Gatlon.

Nova waited in line, and she was in the middle. She put an ornament up, and then took her spot again. She noticed Oscar and Ruby huddled together because they were cold. Sterling and Jade were standing in front of them. Danna was there, too, standing next to a mini tree.

Soon, it was time to give Adrian the notebook.

Nova noticed that Notebook guy was no longer behind her and standing next to his group members. Favorite Renegade Sweater girl was standing next to Kennedy.

The group walked up onto the platform and up to Adrian, who was standing next to his dads.

"Adrian," Kennedy started. "It has come to the attention of the Renegade Fan Club that you don't like Christmas. So, in an attempt to cheer you up..."

The youngest member of the Renegade Fan Club came forward with the book in her hands. She looked to be ten.

"We made you a scrapbook that says why we love you and the renegades!"

Adrian's facial expression changed from unhappy to shocked.

"What? For... For me?" Adrian asked. Notebook Sweater guy nodded.

Kennedy had a small smile on her face. "But we can't take all the credit. It was Nova's idea. She had a hard time knowing you were miserable. She just wanted you to be happy and she enlisted our help. She didn't make a page, so we did, on her behalf. And the Reason she loves Sketch is because he's Sketch. A friend, a protector, a hottie, and a Renegade." The crowd laughed a little when she said "hottie" but knowing the Renegade Enthusiast, she meant it.

Adrian flipped through the book, getting glitter all over his gray coat.

He looked up after he reached the last page, tears in his eyes.

Kennedy was whispering something to Captain Chromium.

When she went back to her spot next to her club members, Adrian gave them all hugs.

"And as a gift to the Renegades Fan Club, Simon and I have decided to make you all Honorary Renegades!" Captain Chromium said.

There were several cheers and tears of joy as the members heard the news. Kennedy was full-out sobbing along with the youngest club member.

As all the noise died down, Captain Chromium began talking again.

"Can Nova please come to the stage?" He asked.

Nova cocked her head to the side, wondering why, but obeyed.

She pushed through the crowd, arriving at the platform.

Adrian and the club moved to the side.

Thunderbird appeared with the star.

"A little birdie told me that you've always dreamt of putting the star ion the tree. Though it's usually reserved for little kids, we have decided to make an exception.

Thunderbird smiled and handed Nova the star. "You're a great addition to Sketch's team, Nova."

Nova, still in shock, climbed the ladder and put the star on the tree. The then got down, and plugged it in.

It lit up, brighter than Ruby's sweater.

Everyone cheered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ceremony ended and as the club was headed to the headquarters to have their sweater contest, Nova caught up to Kennedy.

"You were the reason why I got to put the star up. How did you know?" Nova asked.

Kennedy paused.

"Don't forget. I'm a member of the Renegades Fan Club. We know all things Renegades." Kennedy said. Nova raised her eyebrows.

Kennedy grinned "My uncle is the mall Santa you saw. He knows I'm a renegade superfan so he tells me the Christmas wish of every renegade he sees. He told me about the star and the tree and Captain Chromium was right there, so I thought I'd suggest it to him while everyone was distracted by Adrian. We really appreciate you, Nova. We love the Renegades, and you are no exception. We love you. So we wanted to make your dream come true." The brunette hugged her. "You deserve it."

She then walked off, falling in step with the youngest renegade.

Nova smiled, still riding the happiness she had from putting the star up.

She looked up at the tree, marveling at the magic of it all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After the ceremony, Nova went home.

She found Adrian's sweater, folded neatly on her bed, remembering that she put it there a few hours ago.

She figured that, with the tears in his eyes when he received the book, he was no longer bah humbug about Christmas.

Maybe he'd wear it this time.

She decided to visit him and see.

A short walk later, she was at the front door. She knocked.

Simon opened the door.

"Nova!" He exclaimed, hugging her.

"Thanks to you, Adrian is the happiest he's been in a month!"

He noticed the sweater.

"A gift for him?"

She nodded.
'I also got something for you," She said, handing him a card.

"Oh, you shouldn't have," he said, smiling. "Adrian is downstairs, looking at the book."

Nova nodded and climbed down the stairs.

Adrian was sitting on his couch. He heard the sound and looked for the source.

His eyes locked with Nova's.

She smiled and held up the sweater.

He stood up and crossed the room, grabbing the sweater.

He turned around and changed.

He then took Nova's hand and led her to the couch.

The book was on the coffee table, next to a picture of her and, in neat handwriting, "I love Sketch because he's Sketch."

"That gift means so much to me. I'm finally finding a reason to love Christmas ever since my mom died. It was so thoughtful. Thank you."

Nova smiled and pulled Adrian's hood up.

"It suits you." She said, and they hugged.

When they pulled apart, Nova tucked her feet into the couch cushions and laid her head on Adrian's shoulder, his arm around her.

They stayed like that for a while, enjoying the season.

***************************************************************

I had a lot of feelings while writing this. It's my favorite by far.

In case you don't know, Kennedy Smith is me, and I mainly used myself because, well, I'm easy to write, because I obviously know myself pretty well.

If you guys want a part in this story, or your very own one-shot, just let me know.

My character probably won't be in the story much from now on, but she is still the leader of the Renegades Fan Club for my story.

So, I do have a very talented artist reading this story. @jacepurr88 drew exactly what I was envisioning and when I saw it, I nearly cried. I don't want to post the link on here, in case they don't want it publicized. But it's truly amazing and I am filled with happiness. Sorry, I know I sound gushy. I'm just so excited about it 😊

But anyway, here it is, part 2, the end of the Christmas one-shots (for now, at least).

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, etc!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

93.1K 1K 21
REQUESTS FOR PREFERENCES ARE OPEN. REQUESTS FOR ONESHOTS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. It may take some time to catch up to yours, but please remember that...
28.4K 544 30
A compilation of AU's and onshots for Kaider. Some are fluffy, while others are devastatingly sad, and every once in a while there's one just for lau...
29.8K 627 11
Hope you enjoy these cute TLC oneshots/headcannons! Feel free to leave a comment if you have any suggestions for what to do next, as I would be happy...
94.5K 2.3K 40
Just a bunch of Jaspar one shots/short stories made by moi |*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*| I will add warnings if they're needed at...