The Twisted Gift

By Joshuas_Space

The ability of the mind is an endless supply of power. It can be used for good, or for bad. This unique power... More

Synopsis
First Day
Problems at Home
Turning Points
Almost Fatal
Looking for the Unknown
Training
Falling Toward Nowhere
The True Power
More Than Friends
The Deadly Game
Twists And Turns
The New Recruit
Playing Catch Up
Old Faces
Asleep and Awake
More Lies

Only Three Will Know

52 5 1
By Joshuas_Space

Only Three Will Know

'Distraught, or not, keep your mind clear. Do not make harsh decitions out of emotions, rather, make them when you are calm. Nothing is your fault, remember: You were chosen for this life, you did not choose this life. War is on the horizon and you are the key. Along with the others, soon to be fulfilled, will save this world. You chosen few will take this world, falling toward destruction from man, to a peaceful one, one with no war, no lies, no corruption. Only the chosen can do this. Ripped from your life, thrown toward the future, save the world. Welcome to life, you are anew. You are chosen and will rule, save this world. But remember, think before you do something. Final warning- Fear Eight!
Signing off, X
Page 14 of The Dark and Twisted Knight

TTG

"Casady? Casady, are you okay?" Beverly asks, shaking an empty, lifless Casady.

"Beverly, it's no use. She is in shock." Thomas says, trying to take Beverly's attention away from Casady.

"But there has to be something that I can do!"

"There is nothing you can do Beverly." Right as he finishes his sentance, Beverly's cell phone rings.

"Hello?" She asks as she opens it.

"Beverly? It's me, mom." Her mom says on the other end of the line.

"Mom, what's wrong? You sound like you are crying."

"I just..." She takes a deep breath,"I was talking to your father, and, and.." She starts sobbing before she is able to catch her breath again."He just collapsed onto the floor. Casady, I can barely feel his pulse. The ambulance is on it's way, but I just... I have no idea what just happened."

"It's going to be okay mom, I am already at the hospital so just come over here with the ambulance."

"What? Why are you at the hospital?"

"Casady's mom was involved in a car crash and is in a coma."

"Oh my god!" She yells, giving way to uncontrolable sobs.

"Who was that?" Thomas asks as Beverly shuts the phone closed.

"My father is in a coma also."

"It has begun."

"Beverly?" Casady asks, realizing for the first time where she is. It is as if she was asleep and just woke up.

"Casady!"

"What happened?"

"Your mother was in an accident and she is in a coma. So is my father, the book was right. Everyone will die until there are only three left."

"Where is the police officer?"

"Over there" She says, pointing at the nurse counter where the waiting room transforms into a hospital hallway.

Casady slugishly, stands up properly and starts to walk over to him. She nearly falls on her face after tripping over her shoelace. When she gets to the police officer, she has to tap his sholder in order to gain his attention.

"Yes?"

"Um, hi. You brought us here," She says, pointing behind her to the others."I just wan't to know where my dad is? Was he with my mom?"

"No, after veiwing the survalence camera we saw that it was his car that hit your mother. The camera shows that your mother was able to pull herself out of her car and sat down. It appears that she started to call 911 when she fell over into a coma. We are still unsure how or what caused her coma. For now, however, we are searching for your father."

"So he did this?"

"That is what it appears to be. Look, Casady, I don't want to bother you and interragate you right now. You just heard some very bad news, I am going to give you a few hours to let everything sink in. Then I am going to need to ask you, your sister, and your friends some questions."

"Okay, thank you very much."

"Just doing my job."

Casady turns around, now facing the depreesing blue waiting room. She is walking back to her friends when she stumbles and falls. This time it is not because of her shoelace, she is to exausted to move. Two nurses rush over to her side and see that she is still awake. They decide that she is just very tired and needs to sleep. They help Casady back up, and she climbs into a chair and instantly falls asleep.

Even though Casady is asleep, her mind does anything except for shut up. The first place she goes is Timothy's house. She is standing outside of his apartement. It way to late for anyone to be up, except for the one and only New York. It is 3 in the morning and Timothy's bedroom light is still on. She opens the door, and slowly shuts it behind her. His grandmother is asleep on the old rocking chair, probablt just as old as she is. She walks over to where Timothy is.

When she opens the door, he is starring right at her. Right through her might be a better way to put it. To Timothy, he is all alone in his room. He can't see Casady, but she can see him and everything else. He gets board of starring into nowhere after a few minutes, and decides to go over to his desk. Casady follows him only a step behind. She looks down and sees a note book.

Timothy opens it, allowing Casady to see inside of it. The top of the page has only one paragraph on it, '-must take them down, with everything you have. Now, listen to me my sweet, sweet child; this is what you were brought into this world for. This notebook can do things for you. Write down your plan and all of your notes in here. It will also show up on mine and I can write back and change things as well. Good luck, my Timothy!'

Casady's book was right, Timothy is not one of them. He is working for Sotonoya to take the others down. Casady is stunned that Sotonoya even has a child. She is not the kind of person that you would guess to have a child. Nevery the less, Timothy starts writing while Casady is lost in thought. When she comes back to focuss, she is not in Timothy's room anymore.

She has been transported back to the head quarters. When she walks into the room where the old stone table stands, she sees all of the others. Right when she sees this everything goes black. It's over, she has entered into her deep sleep, now nothing can enter into her dreams.

"What do you think is going on?" Mary asks Beverly is the saddest tone she has ever heard.

"Mary, everything is going to be just fine, it will all work out. Casady, I, and Thomas will always be here to take care of you."

"Beverly?"

"Yes?"

"Can we go on a walk?"

"Of course we cane."

Beverly lends a hand and they both stand up. They walk out the sliding glass doors, leaving Thomas and Casady behind.

"What is it Mary?"

"I don't trust Thomas, he tried to kill me."

"I know, but he has changed. No," She corrects herself," he was never that way. He was forced to do those things."

"Beverly, I don't care, I still don't trust him at all."

"Okay, when Casady get's up, the three of us can all talk about it and make a decition."

"What if my mom never wakes up?"

"What?" Beverly replies, Mary's question threw her way off gaurd.

"What if my mother never wakes up?"

"She will, maybe not right now, but soon she will."

"This is all my dads fault! It always has been."

"What do you mean?"

"I found his journal."

"What?" Beverly asks, taken aback from what Mary is saying. "What did it say?"

"I found his diary and it said terrible things. It had dates leading all the way back from when Casady was born. The first entry was about Casady's brain. I kept reading and it talked about really bad things!"

"Like what Mary?"

"It said that he helped screw Casady's brain. It said that acording to his calculations, she will die in two days. I have been counting down sense I read it."

"When did you read it?"

"Five weeks ago."

"Do you still have it?"

"No, I put it back. But before that I took pictures of every single page. Beverly, this is really bad."

"It's okay. Everything will work out in the long run."

"Do you think that was why my dad was always mean to us? Because he was trying to kill us?"

"That is a good question, but I don't know the answer to it."

"I figured. Bevery, is Casady still mad at me for saying that I hate her?"

"Of course not! I'm sure that she already completely forg-" Beverly is cut off.

"Beverly!" Her mother comes racing over to her.

"Mom! Are you okay?"

"I'm alright, it's just, your father..."

"I know, let's go inside, Mary" She says to her mom and Mary.

"Okay" She says, relief showing all over her face.

"Thoms! Where is Casady!?" Beverly half yells when she sees that Thomas is sitting down starring at where Casady was sleeping.

"I don't know." He says, slowly looking up at them.

"What do you mean, 'I don't know?"

"I mean exactly what I said, she just, disappeared!"

"Is that even possible?" Beverly's mother interjects.

"Of course it is, practically everything is possible!" Mary chimes in, annoyed at the fact that Beverly's mom even asked that question.

"oh-okay" She responds quitely, as if she was just slapped.

"We need to find her!" Thomas says, urgently.

"You don't say." Mary says, rudely.

"Whatever, I'm just trying to help." He says in pure annoyance.

"We should go check the video recordings from that camera." Beverly's mother suggests.

"Good idea." Mary says.

"Who put you in charge?" Thomas asks with insult.

"I did, she is Casady's sister and the best equipt to take this on." Beverly says quicktly.

"Says who?"

"Me! Now shut up and listen to her!"

"Ugh!"

The four of them walk down the halway, trying to keep a low profile. It is truly amazing how someone can be conpletely emotional then change to being determined, you just need to give them a reason to switch. When they get to the survalance room, Beverly knocks on the door and a built security gaurd opens the door.

"Who are you?"

"I need to see the camera in the waiting room." Beverly's mom says.

"No can do."

"Oh, I am sure that we can work something out, what do you say? Just for a moment, we won't even touch anything." She says in a sweet and comforting voice, handing him two hundered doller bills.

"You won't touvh anything?"

"Nope." ary says, assuring him.

He let's them all in and takes his seat in front of the t.v. screens. They tell him where to rewind it to, and he does. He clicks play and they video springs to life. They all watch Casady, putting the video into slow motion, and see when she dissapears. She is slouching on the chair asleep and then just dissapears, as if she was never really there.

Beverly glances over at another screen and almost faints! Sotonoya is walking down the hallway. Casady appears in Sotonoya's arms. By this time, everyone is starring at the other screen. Within seconds, Sotonoya and Casady both disapear.

"What the bloody hell is this?"

"Don't worry about it, it doesn't concern you. Believ me when I say you don't want to know."

"Try me."

"Two people have been put into a coma in the past half hour for knowing, I am forbiden to tell because you will end up like them."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

He Was A Ten By jo

Teen Fiction

6.5K 423 29
I don't know why I am the way I am. I just know that it's been this way ever since I was born. Paige Roberts was born with the ability to see numbers...
766 42 21
From an orphan to adopted and to a brother who was kidnapped, Fiera didn't think she would have to experience any more hardships. When one day she se...
35.4K 2.8K 50
Kara is training to become a superhero, but she's stuck with a snobby sidekick, boring missions, and too many rules. Craving adventure, she jumps at...
5K 258 30
When we took the 'human' out of 'superhuman,' we made them something worse. . . Paige is one of 20 superpowered mutants being held in a Dynagenesis f...