In The Arms Of Danger [Sequel...

By NalaHeart

"Ava look at me," This time the way he says it isn't threatening or filled with malice. He wants to tell me... More

In The Arms Of Danger: Note
Prologue
01.
02.
03.
05.
06.
07
08.
09:
10:
11:
12:
13.
14:
15:
APOLOGY TO FANS :(
16:
17:
18:
How I, As The Author Feels...
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
Note
26
27
28:

04.

11K 297 19
By NalaHeart

04.

As I stand in the bathroom doorway, I make sure I observe every inch of the dimly lit room before me. It's large and yet feels so empty. There is an  eerily quiet. A quiet so disturbing it makes my veins cold. 

Gathering our dirty clothing, I place them in the hamper before straightening up everything else. After we got settled, Ian's father, Martin decided to show up for dinner. Apparently, Ian didn't like that and everyone could feel it too. He left abruptly, forcing Danny to ask more questions. All I could do was tell him to stay quiet and finish dinner. 

Martin excused himself before chasing after Ian.  He left Elaine, Danny and I sitting awkwardly. Awkward for Elaine because of my warning to her about Danny. And Awkward for me because I really didn't want to be there in the first place. 

"Ava," 

My head snaps up from the familiar sound of Ian Hunt. He's laying in bed with his collared shirt unbuttoned.  If I look close enough I can see the shot glass in his hand.  

"I've been meaning to ask you something," 

I stand up straighter to face him. Lacing  my fingers together, I release a nervous breath.

"Yeah?" 

He waltzes over to me with impeccable balance and sophistication. Everything about him is poise and composed. From the way his feet align when he walks to the way his sensual lips part when he talks.  He's not drunk from one shot.

"Why are you still wearing that?" He points to my finger. The same finger my engagement ring encirles. 

Before I can say or do anything, I feel my shoulders being grabbed. He pushes me until I'm up against the wall. 

My heart starts to stammer in my chest and before I know it I'm gripping his arms tightly. 

"Why the fuck are you still wearing that?" 

"I-I didn't get a chance to take it off yet,"  I lie quickly, hoping he buys it. Jared's ring keeps me closer to him. Even if he may be dead, I still need to feel connected to him. And wearing my engagement ring keeps him with me. 

"Looks like now's a good time," 

I want to argue back but I know that won't do me any good. So with heavy reluctance and an aching heart, I slide the ring off. 

"Give it to me," he demands sternly. 

"Just...just let me hold onto it," I'm so close to begging. "I swear I won't wear it again." 

"Ava, do you understand fucking English? Give. It. To. Me." He growls harshly. The scent of strong liquor invades my nostrils, making me cringe. 

My face contorts from the pain of being punched in my jaw. A loud grunt penetrates my lips while I try to regain air. 

"Do what I say when I say it," 

I feel my arm being pulled before the ring is snatched out of my hand. Out of my life, and out of my heart. Our rings mean so much and without it I feel as though I've lost a piece of my soulmate. A piece of myself. 

#

Slowly, I begin to feel my body stir and my eyelids open.  The light from the window spill into the room, making it appear brighter than outside. 

Where am I?

Sitting up cautiously, I suppress a small groan. My entire body aches and I begin to wonder if my dream was really a dream. 

"Your up mommy! Now you can pway with us!" Danny's small voice forces my eyes to roam around the room. This isn't Ian's room, or Elaine's for that matter. The four walls hold drawings of the Pixar movie Toy Story. Every part of the room is decorated with Woody and Buzz Lightyear furniture and toys. Just like home. Ian is too smart. 

"It's breakfast time, baby not playtime." I use the night stand to help me stand up. Why am I so sore? Was I kicked too?

"Good morning,"  Ian's now in front of me while I remain frozen in fear. If my memory is correct he did hit me last night. 

"...Good...good morning," I flinch away when he kisses my forehead. My head still hurts.

 "Are you okay?" Once his lips leave my skin, he looks me over thoughtfully. Even acknowledging the small bruise on my jaw. 

No, you dumb son of a bitch I am not okay. I want you to leave Danny and I alone for good. 

That's what I wish I could say, but of course, I'm too much of a coward to say much of anything. So I opt for this instead,

"Yeah, I'm fine."

He shakes his head at me before lifting my gray shirt. I whimper when I feel his hand press on the fist sized bruise.  

"Danny, you kick when you sleep?" Ian chuckles while Danny apologizes.  

Looking around I realize what Ian is inferring. I obviously fell alseep in my son's bed but I know for a fact he didn't cause these injuries. 

 "He didn't kick me," I blurt out without thought. Oh no, why did I just say that?  

"Ava, we know it wasn't on purpose. I just don't want you thinking it-"

He pauses. I notice the way his arms are clucthing mine and the way his breathing steadies. 

"You don't have to be afraid of me, okay? I'm not going to hurt you anymore."

And with that, he leaves with our son.  He and Danny go downstairs; leaving me upstairs to think about how shitty I am. And how shitty my life has become.

#

Three months later

The next few months went by unusually quiet. Ian went to work everyday, except Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Martin traveled from here- wherever we are- to Washington. Elaine and I stayed home which forced us to interact more and more. She apologized to me and continued keeping her distance from Danny- even though she didn't want to. She stayed away from him and for that I was grateful. 

He'd ask questions about her. Like who she was and why he hadn't seen her before. After explaining to him that new people come into his life for two reasons: to teach you a lesson or be taught by you. I told him that he and his grandmother can learn from eachother. Just not alone.

He then went on about how cool it was to have two grandmas because he'll get even more "peasants", as he calls them. He asked about Jared more than I could even handle. The round of questions consisted of "Where is he?" When is he coming back?" And why couldn't we go with him?"

I know I shouldn't lie to him but I don't know what else to do. I don't know how to tell him that his mommy has no idea where Jared is or if he is even alive. 

 Anyway, the normal routine consisted of me waking up in Ian's bed with Danny in between us. Every morning Danny would wake us up, making me smile when he'd challenge me to a tickle fight. Ian joined in on our game and ended up letting Danny win. 

That moment was unexpected and amazing at the same time. It was like watching two kids bond. As if it was the start of a new friendship. Danny was excited because he threw his hands up and said,

"Mommy wook. He wooks wike me!" His big, bright smile revealed small teeth as excitement overwhelmed his face. 

Ian chuckled before replying with,

"That's because I'm your dad." 

From there the whole dynamic of their relationship changed. Danny went from being standoffish to being more open to him. And the more I watched their father/ son relationship  unfold, the more conflicted I became. Conflicted because part of me yearned for him to be his father. While another part wanted nothing more than to remove him from my baby's life forever. 

#

Entering the cozy living room with the lit fireplace, I make my way over to Danny. It's cold for October here. Nothing like Nevada. With a warm smile, I position myself in front of my playful toddler.   

"Rawr, rawr! Dino-saur!" Danny growls as he plays with the toys surrounding him. 

"You wanna play cars?" My hand extends for a toy car but I'm stopped when I feel a large hand encompass  mine.

"I'll beat you in the race!" Danny shouts competitively, making Elaine giggle.

The hand snakes around my waist and then I feel him sit beside me. He caresses my cheek with his lips before whispering,

"Tonight?" 

Ian keeps making plans for us to have "alone time" but every time he mentions it I fake sick. Truth is I'm not ready for that. I'm not ever going to be ready because I refuse to betray Jared like that. Even if he isn't alive. 

"I'm not-" I stop my protest when I'm cut off by a familiar voice.

"Let's go out to dinner! As a whole family this time," Elaine beams suddenly. She notices my squirming and has saved me. 

"That's a great idea!" I say just as eagerly. Truth is, Danny and I never leave the house because Ian refuses to let us leave. He says it's to protect us, but I know better.

"What?" Ian peers at her with question in his emerald eyes. I feel a small pinch on my waist before I go back to my task of playing with Dannt. Stay out of it Ava, mind your own business.

"We can go out," She explains while standing up. Her russet eyes glowing from her passionate persistence.

"No," a firm response from a cunning, quick tempered Ian.

During these past few months I have been the obedient little housewife he wants and I'm not letting Elaine mess that up. As bad as I want to go out and seek proper help, I have to keep in mind that I need to gain his trust first.

"But," She sighs frustratedly, "Ava has been really devoted, compliant. Dutiful, even. She's kept this home in top order and keeps meals prepared for you and Danny." 

My head is down but I still manage to smile at Elaine's efforts. She's been helping me with everything too. 

"No mother, Ava was fine staying in before and she will be fine now. I'll call in an order." He stands then asks,

"What's the choice for dinner?" 

Danny is watching quietly and attentively while I stare in astonishment. Ian is giving me a  sharp, crafty smile. Like he knows what I intend on doing once I'm out of here. Soon, Danny and I will be out of here.

"What do you want, buddy?"

He smirks at me before we hear Danny's thrilled shout, 

"Pizza!"

#

Unedited

**Note: Italics means thoughts. Bold italics means dreams. Bold means flashbacks. 

I know it's a weird way to end a chapter but I felt like it'd be boring if I continued. As you know, I don't really believe in filler chapters so even though nothing too major happened, everything is still important. You notice how everyone's acting differently? Elaine is acting sensible, Ian is more considerate, and Ava is more compliant. Also notice the key word: acting. hehe ;) Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for the short length but I have work at 8a.m. 

Vote, comment, fan! Thanks xoxo 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 6.1K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
107K 3.3K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...
3.6M 89.8K 54
"I don't like him." I murmur against his lips. "It's only ever been you, Noah." He continues to kiss me, his hand now caressing my cheek gently. "H...
210K 7.6K 99
MATURE CONTENT 18+ Rated R You shouldn't have said that." He said in anger. He threw me on bed and hovered over me. Hatred and lust was visible in hi...