City of Stars {James Potter}

By allycat440

Lenora Scamander has always been the smart and sarcastic Hufflepuff that everyone at Hogwarts knows her to be... More

Cast
Playlist
Epigraph
::PART ONE::
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Check Out My New Book
I Got Tagged Putas!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
"I'm a painted whore..."
Chapter Five
Should I Change This?
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Got tagged again
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
::PART TWO::
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Eighteen

5.3K 149 14
By allycat440

"Fifth Year"

••••••••••••••••••••••
Lenora POV:

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Fuck."

I stood uncomfortably before the Greek god of trickery, cunning, deception, craftiness, treachery, and guile.

Despite the fear and dread that filled me at the thought of going up against a Greek god, I let my irritation and frustration take over my attitude.

"So you're the asshole that not only separated me from my friend, but also made this shitty mirage of my school?" I sassed with a raised eyebrow, arms crossed defensively over my chest.

"Shitty?!" The grey eyed god stated in feigned offense, before breaking the act and simply shrugging with an amused grin.

"I'll admit it's not my best, but I was told once that revealing the full extent of my abilities can lead to my own quick downfall." He continued and with a snap of his fingers, the doppelgängers of my friends disappeared like dust in the wind.

"Smart tactic, but will your massive ego let you get away with not boasting?" I asked sarcastically, green eyes rolling in exasperation. "I'm not sure if you can physically bare it."

"Now, if you could please explain to what you and every other goddamn trial that I've faced in this fucking labyrinth means when you vague little shits say that you sods have been 'expecting me' and 'waiting a very long time to meet me'. Because I am sick and tired of all this cloak and dagger shit." I ranted coldly, hoping for some kind of answers from this asshole.

"But where's the fun in that, Dearie?" He chuckled before snapping his fingers, and my vision went dark.

—:—:—:—:—:—

"This is starting to get ridiculous." I grumbled as I sat up from where I had collapsed on the ground in the Care of Magical Creatures room.

"Blimey, Nora! Are you alright?" Remus asked, helping me stand.

"How long was I out for?" I asked the friendly neighborhood werewolf.

"Not long." He chuckled, his kind hazel eyes giving me a once over to check for further injuries. "Only a few minutes, but that spell that you were hit with did some nasty damage."

Looking down at my abdomen, where the spell had hit, I was shocked to see blood but no cuts.

Remus apparently had seen my confusion, because he quickly added. "Thankfully, I remembered that healing spell that we learned in Charms last week."

"Yeah, lucky." I muttered, not recalling any healing charms that could reverse a spell so drastically violent.

"Gave me quite the scare for a moment, Nora." The Lupin boy told me with a soft smile, despite the tiniest hint of fear that glistened in the green of his hazel eyes.

"Sorry, Remmy." I told him with an apologetic and slightly pained smile. "Did you happen to see anyone rush out, when you came in?"

"No one, and the room was empty when I got here. Except for you of course." Remus replied, as he helped me to the Hufflepuff common room. "When you woke up, you said something odd."

"Really? I don't remember saying anything."

"You said 'this is starting to get ridiculous'." He told me, with a furrowed brow, before asking. "What did you mean by that? Has this happened to you before?"

I shook my head, before tapping five times on the barrel that concealed the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room.

"I have no idea, I don't remember anything like that happening before." I replied as the entrance swung open. "I'm going to sleep on it, maybe I'll remember something in the morning."

"Goodnight, Nora."

"Goodnight, Remus."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

James POV:

"Potter! Hey, Potter!"

"What?" I sighed in irritation, as Lucius Malfoy threw a wad of paper at my head during Divination.

"Where's that mudblood-loving hufflepuff that always hangs around you lot? Is she finally dead, yet?" The platinum haired prick mocked with a grin.

"Just ignore him, Prongs." Sirius muttered from beside me. I swear, that I really did try, but Malfoy's consistently obnoxious voice kept talking.

"I forgot, which one of you was she dating again? You or Lupin, I've forgot."

"Fuck off, why do you care so much anyways? Got a crush on Nora? Huh, Malfoy? Is that it?" Timothèe snarked from the table to my left.

"As if." The Slytherin spoke with a roll of his eyes. "Just curious if the freak's kicked the bucket yet?"

"Is there an issue, boys?" The voice of Professor Truance made our attention snap to the front of the classroom.

"No, Professor." Sirius lied with a forced smile. "None at all."

"Really? Well, all of your chatting seems to have brought me to the conclusion that you four have a question about the lesson." She inquired, eyebrow raised in a knowing arch. "If that isn't the case, please turn your attention back to your tea leaves."

"Yes, Professor." I replied, as Sirius and I did as we were told.

"And boys?" Truance briefly addressed Sirius, Tim, and I. "Don't worry so much about Miss Scamander. She's a very persistent and powerful young witch."

Her words shocked me, as Padfoot, Owl and I all shared a look. The Ravenclaw seemingly lost in a temporary trance.

Suddenly, I felt a minuscule tug on the breast pocket of my cloak. Peering down at the small pocket, finding a familiar bowtruckle giving me a comforting smile. I returned the action, as Picket poked out of my cloak a little.

Everything was going to be alright and Nora was going to wake up soon.

Hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391 27 43
Anastasia Kingsley was a troublemaker. It was a known fact around the halls of hogwarts. Always with her group of bandits known as the marauders pran...
Whispers By Nope

Fanfiction

7.7K 302 62
Clarissa Black has always lived a normal wizard life, with her twin brother Sirius. She lived eleven years at Grimmauld Place, creating a shell that...
121K 2.1K 34
𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 - a lover of rain; finding joy and peace when it rains In which four boys who call themselves the Marauders, prank the wrong p...