I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

By Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... More

-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Four ½-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼
-Chapter 10-

-Chapter One-

287 9 21
By Obsessively_nerdy

~All you want is for somebody to find you~

T.W: suicide attempt, injury.

      After school, end of October. It was supposed to just be a walk for Evan. He didn't even think he was going to climb a tree. 

      But seeing how grand and tall the oak tree stood, and how beautiful it looked... he just felt like he needed to. He raced to the top, looking over at... the whole world it seemed. But it really wasn't. That's when the weight of everything came crashing down. 

      Everything was so big, and he felt like he was just a meaningless spec. He felt small. There was so much effort and pain into doing everything, and he just wanted it all to stop. His mom always said that giving up wasn't an option, but what if it was? It always has been. His mom was another thing. He was just a waste of money. And time. Not like she gave him any of that. But the real question is, would anybody notice if he disappeared? 

      So. Here Evan was; hanging from a branch, slowly losing his grip. Tears running down his cheeks, he looks up at the sky, muttering a 'Stratus' with a small smile. He did that every now and then. Looking up at the sky and saying the name of the first cloud he laid eyes on.

      He chewed on his lip, taking, what he thought was, his last breath. He let the branch slip through his fingers, the rough bark scratching the inside of his palms. He bit back a scream as he fell to the ground, watching the leaves as he rushed past them.

      Everything went black as he hit the ground, letting out a grunt.

      ...what Evan didn't know is that Michael was there too.

     Michael wasn't having the best day. His best friend, Jeremy, just randomly started to ignore him. He wasn't really used to it, and he was so confused. What did he even do? He decided to clear his head and walk through a nearby park. He had his headphones plugged in, the lyrics and voice of Bob Marley swimming around his brain. He stared up at every tree he passed by, letting his feet take him where they wanted.

      He finds himself at a gorgeous golden meadow, looking up at a huge oak tree. But what else he saw made his jaw drop. A boy, that looked about his age, falling from the tree and to the ground. A fall that could kill him.

      A sickening and small crack echoed through the field, and Michael grimaced. 

"Shit shit shit," he cursed under his breath.

      He sprinted over to the tree, trying to comprehend what just happened. Everything was happening so fast. It was too sudden. 

      Evan groaned as he reopened his eyes, taking in the light of the sky. But then a numbing and aching pain coursed through his left arm, and he let out a high pitched whimper. Are you supposed to feel pain when you die? 

      He looked down at his aching limb, eyes widening. Are arms supposed to bend that way? He looked away, feeling the sudden urge to vomit. He was supposed to be dead.

      Michael crouched down by the injured boi, trying to meet his eyes, and glancing at his arm with an obvious flinch.

"H-hey, can you hear me?"

"Y-yeah," Evan croaked out, closing his eyes out of pain. "Ouch- help. Please?"

       Michael nodded, and picked Evan up bridal style, carefully avoiding his injured arm. Evan squeaked in surprise, and the slushie boi bit back a smile. It was then that the both of them took in each other's appearance. Evan stared up at Michael's brown eyes hiding behind his glasses, his black curly hair almost like a mop on top of his head. His tan skin almost hid his light and natural flush on his cheeks, it just made him seem more friendly, and that made Evan relax slightly. He was wearing a red hoodie that was covered in pins and patches, which added more character to his whole look. Along with dark blue jeans. 

       Evan on the other hand, had freckles dusting across his cheeks  almost like mud splattered across his face. Michael smiled at the comparison. His skin was light, freckles covering... everywhere actually. His hair was slightly wavy, and combed to originally look neat, but it was just messed up now. His eyes were bright green with specks of brown, and they were blown wide. Probably because Michael was holding him. That was also probably the cause of the bright read hue spreading across his cheeks. He was wearing a blue polo, with a dark blue collar and dark blue stripes across it. Along with some kackis. Kackis? What teenager wears kackis?

"I-I can walk," the acorn weakly argued.

"Really? So can I. You just fell out of a tree, broke your arm, and who knows what else. I'm gonna get you to a hospital, alright?"

      Evan quickly shook his head, squirming and eyes wide open. 

"N-no. Mom. She can't know."

      Michael scoffed.

"I'm pretty sure your mom would want to know-"

"B-but money," Evan panically interrupted. 

"Hey, hey. Sh. Relax. Why don't you tell me your name," Michael attempted to calm him down, opening the passenger door to his car.

"E-Evan. Evan Hansen."

      The hoodie wearing kid nodded, dropping him softly and helping him into the seat.

"Michael Mell," he introduced himself before shutting the door.

"Michael," Evan repeated with a slight smile as said boy made his way to the driver's seat.

      When he got into the car and started the engine he took off, glancing at Evan.

"So. Evan, what grade are you in?"

     Evan played with the hem of his shirt, and glanced out the window. 

"I-I'm a junior in high school," he responded.

(Yes I am making him a junior. I'm sorry this isn't completely accurate, okay? XD)

      Michael took notice of his constant stutter, and assumed it was out of pain. But maybe it was normal for him. 

"Cool!" Michael grinned. "I'm a junior too!" 

      Evan blinked, and grinned a bit, gazing out the window. 

      Before the two knew it, they got to the closest hospital. Michael climbed out of the car quickly, and made his way to Evan, carefully picking him up again.

"Michael. Seriously, I-I can-"

"Nope," he interrupted with a smile. 

       He walked the both of them into the hospital, and the nurse at the front looked extremely confused. 

"I'm pretty sure my friend here broke his arm," Michael answered his unasked question. 

      Evan's eyes widened at the word at the word he never thought he would hear. Did he really just say 'Friend?'

"Oh geez. Alright. We'll take him. Can he walk?"

"N-"

"Y-yes," Evan interrupted the hoodie kid.

      Michael snickered and nodded, letting Evan down carefully. The acorn grabbed onto his own arm, wincing slightly. 

"C-can he come with me? I-if he wants," he stuttered out. 

      The nurse shook his head, frowning.

"He can in a second. We need to examine his arm, because it's most definitely broken. Once the x-rays are done I'll invite you in."

"O-oh I don't think he'll stay f-for that long-"

"Perfect. I'll wait right here."

       Evan's eyes widened once again. He mouthed a quick 'Thank you,' before staggering off with the nurse. Michael smiled and sighed as he sat down on a chair in the waiting room. He was glad that he, maybe, has a new friend. He needed one right now. 

      But then Michael heard something that made his head perk up, and he instantly sat up straight. But not that straight. Cuz he a gay boi. Three nurses walked by, stopping at the front desk and chatting. 

"That Evan Hansen kid said his mom works here. Heidi, right?" the tallest one inquired. 

"Yeah. Peggy, can you go grab her?" The one with straight, black hair asked. 

"Sure! Where is she?" the shortest one, Peggy, questioned. 

"The floor above us," the black haired one answered. 

"On it. Thanks Eliza!" Peggy thanked, running towards the stairs. 

"So. That was Evan. Hasn't Heidi talked about him before?" the taller asked.

"Yeah. She has, the poor kid. He has pretty crippling anxiety. And depression, I'm pretty sure."

       Michael raised an arched brow, and his eyes widened. The anxiety explains the stutter... Evan needs his help more than he thought. Michael could really empathize with the acorn, and that just made him want to help him more. He needed someone like Evan around right now, and he's pretty sure Evan needs someone too. 

"Didn't the dad leave too?" the other inquired. 

      The slushie boi winced. Wow. Like he needed more shit in his life. 

"Yeah. But Angelica, seriously. If you talk about that too much, Heidi will rip your guts out. She totally despises him," Eliza warned.

       Suddenly the door to the room Evan was in opened, and the nurse stepped out, looking at Michael. 

"You can come in now."

       Michael instantly stood up and nodded, following the nurse. He saw Evan sitting up with his arm black, blue, and swollen propped onto the table. Michael smiled sympathetically. 

"How you holding up Evan?"

       He smiled and shrugged. Right as he opened his mouth to speak, the door burst open and a petrified blonde woman in scrubs rushed in and ran to Evan's side.

"Oh my god Evan, are you okay? What happened? How did you get here?"

       She pecked all over Evan's face and he scrunched his nose, Michael giggling as he tried to push her away. She turned around to see Michael, then looked back at Evan. 

"Who's this?" she asked. 

"A-a..."

"A friend," Michael replied for him. 

       Heidi smiled brightly, but then the door opened again.

"I'm so sorry Heidi, but we need you for another 15 minutes. You can take the rest of the day off once your done though," she informs apologetically. 

        The mom's face fell, and she looked back at Evan woefully. 

"Its okay mom. Go ahead," Evan smiled with a nod. 

        Michael frowned. And, of course, an always working mom. This boy really was suffering.       

       She sighed with a slight shake of her head. and kissed his forehead once more. 

"I'll see you in a bit, hun. I'm so sorry," she called out while rushing out the door. 

       Michael smiled, and looked back at Evan. 

"Moms, am I right?"

       The acorn giggled with a grin. Just then a doctor walked in, and Michael sat back down in the guest chair. 

"So. Since it is broken, we'll need to put a cast on," she explained. 

       Evan visibly gulped, and Michael pursed his lips. 

"Alright. And he'll have to keep the cast on for about 6 weeks?" 

"Correct." 

        The boy with the broken arm glanced over at Michael with panic in his eyes. People would ask what happened, and he would have to tell lie after lie. Or people would stare, wanting to ask but also not wanting to go near him. He wasn't ready for that. Oh god. What would Zoe think? Not that she even knew he existed. Shit.

"Evan?"

        The boy's head perked up up again, tears welling in his eyes.

"Breathe. Its okay."

       He nodded, closing his eyes and confirming the doctor and nurses could put the cast on. 

       They did just that, taking about 13 minutes to do so. 

"He'll need to stay here for about another hour. Just to let the cast set and wait for paper work to be completed," a nurse explained after finishing.

       Michael Evan and both nodded, and everyone except for the two leave to take care of other clients. Michael stood up from the chair and moved over to the other. 

"So. How's the arm?"

"Weird. I-its like a sharp but numb k-k... numb kinda pain," he explained.

        The hoodie wearing high schooler nodded, glancing out the window. 

"How did this happen?"

        Evan froze.

"W-what?"

"I saw you fall, but how did it happen? Did the branch snap? Did your hand slip?  Did-"

"I didn't fall," Evan interrupted. 

       Michael's brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

"I just... I know I'm going t-to have to lie to everyone that a-asks. I don't want to have to h-have to... to lie to you too."

        Michael couldn't help but remember what nurse Eliza said. 

"He has pretty crippling anxiety. And depression, I'm pretty sure."

"You seem like the type of p-person I can trust. And I just don't think I'd be a-able to handle it if n-no one else knew t-that-"

       Michael placed his hand on Evan's uninjured one, turning the room silent.

"You let go."

Welp. There ya go guys. First chapter, DONE!!! XD 

-Cecy

2147 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 117 11
For 17-year-old high school senior Evan Brooks, life could be better. He's a social outcast at school, stuck in a rural small town he never wanted to...
16.1K 1.1K 200
idfk what i'm doing i'm just going to put shitposts here for bmc and deh heere. MUAHAHAHAHA I KNOW THE TITLE ISNT CENTERED IN THE COVER HAHAHAHAHAH i...
272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
83.3K 3K 37
So I found this AU and I kinda fell in love... so I decided to write about it. It takes place after BMC, but when DEH would start. It includes ships...