THE WEDDING CHARADE ✔

By Meera5oberoi

"This is illegal, you know. We could be in jail for doing this." Shivaay exclaimed. "You vowed to be by my s... More

1| THEY MET AND GOT MARRIED
3| THE CHRISTMAS BALL
4| THE PARTY AND THE PLAN
5| THE PLAN
6| MISHRI & BILLU
|EPILOGUE|

2| CAUGHT BY THE FAMILY

3K 400 38
By Meera5oberoi

Next morning, Shivaay and Anika were sleeping in each other's embrace. Anika's head was resting her head on his bare chest and her arms were wrapped around his stomach while Shivaay's head was resting above her head and his arms were snaked around her bare waist. Their bare bodies were covered with black satin blanket uptill neck.

There was a knock on the door. Anika groaned in her sleep and murmured in her sleep, "Shanti didi, keep the coffee on the table and don't disturb me." After saying this, she again drifted into sleep.

There was another knock on the door but noone opened the door as Shivaay and Anika were sleeping due to heavy hangover and last night activities.

Shivaay's mom, Pinky Singh Oberoi, who was knocking her son's bedroom door again and again but she didn't get any answer and this got her worried.

She called out for a servant and a servant ran towards her.

"Ramesh, bring the duplicate keys of Shivaay's bedroom. He's not opening his door." Pinky ordered the servant in a worried voice.

The servant nodded his head and in no time he got the duplicate keys of Shivaay's bedroom. She took the duplicate keys from him and he left. Pinky unlocked the door and opened the door. The scene in front of her shook her to the core and the ground beneath her feet slipped.

"OH MY MAATA!" Pinky shrieked due to shock.

Because of her shout, Shivaay and Anika woke up from their sleep with a start. They felt a shooting pain in their head due to hangover and they clutched their head.

Slowly and steadily, they noticed their environment. Anika looked around the room and got confused as it wasn't her bedroom. Shivaay groaned due to his headache. They came out of their thoughts when they again heard Pinky's shriek.

"Aaaahhhh! Cover yourselves." Pinky told them with horror in her voice.

Shivaay and Anika looked at themselves and their eyes widened in horror when they saw that the only source which was covering their dignity i.e. the blanket, has slipped from their upper body.

They shrieked on horror together.

They immediately covered their body with the blanket and looked at Pinky who was looking at them with the expression that she's about to faint.

"Mom! " Shivaay looked at Pinky helplessly while she glared at him angrily.

"Who's this girl? Why is she there in your bed? What's wrong with you? I never expected this from you. Anyways, both of you, get dressed and meet me downstairs. I want answers. " Pinky said with a stern face and left the room.

As she was leaving the room, she saw Shakti Singh Oberoi, her husband and Kalyani Singh Oberoi, her mother-in-law, rushing towards Shivaay's bedroom with an expression of worry. Pinky went and blocked their way.

"What happened, Pinky? Why did you shrieked? " Shakti asked her worriedly.

"Yeah. Are you fine? " Kalyani asked her with worry laced in her voice.

"I'm fine. And this is about Shivaay. We need to talk to him. He's coming downstairs with her. " Pinky said with straight face.

Shakti and Kalyani got comfused after listening 'with her' from Pinky's mouth.

"Who is this 'her'? " Shakti asked in confusion.

"Let's go. I'll tell you both everything. " Pinky said.

Kalyani and Shakti nodded their head and they all headed downstairs.

Here in Shivaay's bedroom, Shivaay and Anika were sitting on the bed, totally shocked.

"Oh My God! What the hell happened last night? How did I reach here? What the hell did you do with me?" Anika asked Shivaay while angrily glaring at him.

"Even I don't remember anything. Everything is so blur. I just remember that we met in club and you were drunk and then you challenged me to drink 15 shots of tequila. After 10th shot, everything is blur for me. But how did we reach in my bed, that too in this condition?"

"Oh My God! Don't tell me I lost my virginity in a One Night Stand. Oh No! How can I be so stupid? I don't even know your name. " Anika said while whining.

"You're saying like I know you from last 10 years. Well, atleast let me introduce myself. I'm Shivaay Singh Oberoi. "

Anika angrily glared at him and Shivaay just shrugged his shoulders.

"You know what I'm leaving." Anika pulled the blanket and and wrapped it around her frame. Shivaay's eyes widened in horror and he covered himself with the pillow.

"Are you mad? How can you just pull the blanket like that? You should have thought about me. " Shivaay said and Anika glared at him while picking up her clothes from the floor.

Shivaay picked up his pants, which was lying on the floor beside the bed and wore it hurriedly.

"Well, at least tell me your name. After all, it's wasn't my fault alone. "

Anika glared at him. Shivaay just shrugged his shoulders.

He stepped down from the bed and started picking up his T-shirt and his jacket when a paper fell from his jacket. He picked up the paper and looked at it. His eyes widened in horror and then a smirk covered his lips.

"So you must be Mrs. Shivaay Singh Oberoi. " Shivaay said with a smirk playing on his lips.

Anika turned to look at him in shock.

"What the hell are you saying?" Anika asked him with a frown.

"I think this marriage certificate is saying the same. " Shivaay said.

Anika went towards him while holding the bedsheet carefully and snatched the paper from him.

She read the marriage certificate and sat down on the bed with a thud.

"No. No, this can't be happening. I can't be married. No." Anika said while covering her face with her palms.

On hearing no reaction from Shivaay, she looked at him and he was looking at her keenly.

"Aren't you tensed that we got married in a drunken state? " Anika asked him in confusion and Shivaay just shrugged his shoulders.

"Should I be worried?" Shivaay asked her in confusion and Anika's eyes widened.

"Are you mad? For God's sake, we got married accidentally. " Anika told him while focusing on the word 'accidentally'.

"So? I don't regret marrying you. You're beautiful and I think understanding also. Yeah, that's a different thing that you're little wild. " Anika glared at him and Shivaay completed his sentence. ".. By behavior. "

"I don't care. I don't consider this marriage. I'm calling my lawyer and will get this marriage annulled. " Anika said with determination in her voice.

"Haven't you read the document attached to the certificate carefully? " Shivaay asked her and Anika looked at him in confusion. She turned the page and read the points and her eyes widened in shock.

"According to the law, this marriage can't be annulled for a year." Anika said in shock while Shivaay nodded his head.

"Oh No! We're in so much mess. " Anika said in a defeated voice.

"We can't do anything. So go and get ready, my family is waiting for us. " Shivaay said as a matter of fact.

Anika immediately stood up in front of him and asked, "Are you going to tell the truth to your parents? "

"Of course, Not the whole truth but still the half truth, that is we're married but not accidentally."

"Are you mad? I'm not going to be a part of this stupid lie and this stupid marriage. " Anika said furiously.

Shivaay stood in front of her and took her hands in his. Anika tried to free her hands from his hold but he was holding her hands firmly.

"Look, my dadi is a heart patient and she has already suffered two heart attacks and you want me to tell her that her grandson has accidentally married a girl and lost his virginity to her. If hearing this, she got another heart attack, then it will be fool n final for her? Do you want that? " Shivaay said while faking tears. Anika looked at him with a sad expression.

"Please help me, and anyways, it's just a matter of 1 year. After that you can divorce me and we'll go on our separate ways. We just have to act in front of them like we're so happily married and so much in love. " Shivaay said.

"Like a charade?" Anika asked him in confusion.

Shivaay smiled widely and said, "Yes, A Wedding Charade. "

Anika thought for a while and said, "Okay, I'll help you but you will also have to help me. Deal? "

Shivaay nodded his head and forwarded his hand towards her, and said, "Deal. "

They shook hands with each other confirming the deal.

Shivaay stood up with a bright smile and said, "Atleast, now tell me your name. You're Mrs. _______ Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Fill in the blanks. "

Anika chuckled and walked towards the washroom with her dress in her hands and Shivaay frowned. She then stopped and turned towards him and said, "Anika."

Shivaay smiled widely and scratched the back of his neck.

Anika went into the washroom and Shivaay went to freshen up in the guest room's washroom.

After a while, Shivaay and Anika headed downstairs where Shakti, Pinky and Kalyani Dadi were waiting for them with a dead serious look on their faces.

Shivaay and Anika gulped on seeing their faces.

"Why are they glaring at us like that? " Anika whispered in Shivaay's ear.

"It's obvious. They found their son in bed with an unknown girl in 'that' condition. Of course, they'll glare at us. " Shivaay said and Anika nodded her head.

They slowly went and stood in front of the elders with their heads bowed like a criminal bows his head in front of the Judge.

"Explain. What's going on in my house? " Dadi said in a serious voice.

Shivaay looked at her and cleared his throat and said, "Dadi, don't take us wrong. Actually, we love each other from last three years and yesterday we got married. Anika and I wanted to get married on Christmas Eve so we eloped and got married yesterday. See. " Shivaay said while showing his wedding ring.

"Show them, baby." Shivaay said to Anika and Anika frowned in confusion, "what? "

Shivaay mentally face palmed himself, "Your wedding ring, baby. " Anika's eyes widened in realisation and she showed them her wedding ring.

"Oh! So, normally kids fall in love then they tell their family and then they get married but it's reversed in your case. You fell in love, then got married and then you're telling your family. Great. " Pinky said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, Mom. Dad and Dadi." Shivaay said while bowing his head sadly.

"I'm sorry for interfering in your family matters but we didn't mean to hurt you. It's not Shivaay's fault. It was my fault. I was pestering him to get married to me on Christmas Eve and he couldn't deny me. I'm really sorry." Anika said with a puppy face.

Shakti, Pinky and Dadi exchanged looks and a small smile covered their faces.

"Puttar, come here and sit with me. " Dadi said while patting in the space beside her on the sofa. Anika looked at Shivaay and he nodded his head. Anika slowly went towards dadi and sat beside her.

Dadi smiled and caressed her head and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"My Grandson is a fool but I'm proud of his choice. He has found the right girl for himself and this family otherwise I know my grandson, he's the most idiotic person on the world and when we told him to get married, he used to freak out but you made it possible. God bless you. " Dadi said with a wide smile.

Shivaay and Anika looked at her with shock.

"So are you accepting us?" Shivaay asked in shock.

"Of course. Why won't I accept such a good girl? " Dadi said while cupping Anika's cheeks and Anika smiled.

"Oh My Maata! Finally I got my beautiful daughter-in-law. " Pinky squealed in joy and hugged Anika. Anika smiled.

It was weird for her because it was the first time in her life that she was experiencing the love of the family. Somewhere in her heart, she felt happy.

"I'm happy for you both. " Shakti said with a smile.

"But beta, atleast tell us your name." Pinky asked Anika.

Anika smiled and said, "I'm Anika. "

"Such a pretty name just like you." Pinky said with a smile.

"Anika, where are your parents? Do they know about this wedding?" Dadi asked Anika and her face got pale. Tears glistened her eyes but she cleared her throat and said, " My mother died while giving birth to me and my dad never visits home as he's always on a business tour so he just transfers money in my bank account for my requirements. I haven't seen him from last four years. He never visits home. "

A lone tear escaped from her eyes. Everyone felt bad for her. Pinky and Dadi hugged Anika from either sides.

"It's okay, beta. You're not alone anymore. We're your family now. You can call me mumma. " Pinky said with a smile.

"And you can call me dad." Shakti said.

"Of course, Shakti ji. If I'm her mumma, then she'll call you dad only not uncle. " Pinky said while rolling her eyes and everyone burst into laughter.

"Oh no! I totally forgot. Today's Christmas Ball in our house. We conduct it every year. "

Anika's eyes widened in surprise and she said in excitement, " You mean the Oberoi's Christmas Ball because they are the only family to conduct Christmas Ball in Las Vegas. You mean you're Oberoi's? "

Everyone was confused and Shivaay mentally face-palmed himself.

"Yes beta, we're Oberois. Didn't Shivaay tell you his surname? " Shakti asked in confusion and Anika bit her tongue in realisation.

"She didn't knew, dad. I never told her that I'm Oberoi because mostly girls love my surname not me so I decided not to tell her but after some days I realized that Anika is not like other girls. She loves me, not my surname. " Shivaay said and Anika sighed in relief.

Everyone nodded their head in understanding and blessed Anika.

"Anika, do you have your clothes here? " Pinky asked and Anika shook her head in negative.

"No problem. Shivaay will take you for shopping and buy a beautiful gown for yourself for tonight. " Dadi said and Anika nodded her head in excitement.

"But dadi, I don't like shopping. " Shivaay whined.

"Whatever. You have to take her for shopping. For now, let's go and have breakfast. " Dadi said and went to the dining area.

Anika looked at Shivaay and smirked at him.

" The party hasn't started yet, Mr. Hubby. " Anika smirked and followed everyone to the dining area.

Shivaay made a crying face and followed them.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 3K 24
Sitting on sofa of ours sorry my husband's, I, Anika Oberoi, the accidental bahu of this Oberoi family, reminiscences every memory, may it be bitter...
70.8K 11.3K 45
Anika went college having only dreams to get mba degree. so that her future doesn't get ruin and she could breath atlast freely. but there she meets...
81.2K 5.9K 26
It's start from where pinky blame Sahil for being thief but what will happens when Anika will take all blame over her head without doing anything and...
191K 13.8K 30
This book continues when Shivaay forced Anika to marry him. Peep in to know more. HIGHEST RANKINGS- #24 - Shivika ( out of 3.24k books)