Brace Yourself- NBK Here.

By BeYoutifulMess

Braces are most people’s nightmare, when they are around 12-16. But it is even worse when you have to get the... More

Table of Contents.
We Made It.

Introductions.

46 0 0
By BeYoutifulMess

        My name is Chanelle Gail Cole, and I am a freshman at University. My uncle pushed me to go, and promised me money whenever I asked for it, and I got a full ride scholarship to go, so how could I pass it up?

        I am originally from a small suburb of Dallas, where I lived with my Aunt Simone and Uncle Shawn. My mother passed away when I was a child, and I really didn’t have a great relationship with my father, so my Aunt and Uncle have become my parent figures in my life. I don’t have a problem with that- in fact I am very grateful because they treat me as their own since they never had any children of their own.

        Currently, it is three weeks until finals here at University, and I am so stressed, just as any college student would be. I am only taking a few classes, English, Astronomy, Math, and a music appreciation class. The first and last two tests are easy, and I am not to worried about them. However, I am no good a science or math, so I’m basically screwed for the tests. But I’m not going to let them get the best of me. I will study my ass off if I have to.

         Another known fact about me is that I’m a NBK. Remember that movie? With Drew Barrymore? The Rom-Com about a girl enrolling in high school again and never having a real relationship until this guy- you know what, watch the movie. But yeah, that’s me. Never had a “real” relationship, because I don’t count the ones back in middle school where you just held hands and said you were dating. I mean it isn’t like people haven’t asked me out before, but something always came up to where I couldn’t go out with them so it just never happened.

        Before you judge, I don’t mind being a NBK. There is a quote that says, “A girl worth kissing are not easily kissed,” and you guessed it- I live by it. I believe that one day the right guy will come along, and be my first kiss. I don’t want to waste it on some game or some drunk person, I want it to be special. And if it takes a few more years (please don’t let it be that long!) I will just have to wait.

        I partly believe it is because my teeth aren’t “perfect”. But what even is perfect? I don’t know, but I guess that is a big thing for guys. I am going to admit it- I think I’m pretty, at least. I mean, if I don’t who will? I don’t think I’m self-centered, because I don’t call myself drop dead gorgeous or anything, and everyone is beautiful.

        Everyone has that one thing they are self-conscious about, and mine just so happens to be my teeth. I am grateful that I am finally getting that problem solved, and maybe I can look at myself as being beautiful instead of just pretty or cute. (And let’s be honest, boys might look at me now right? I hope so.)

        Anyways, it’s time for my dreaded math class. Hopefully the guy next to me will ask me for more than just my notes to copy today...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...