The Queen's Bond

By keyleehargis

Twenty years later, it's time for an heir to take the throne and time for a new ruler to lead the wolves. It... More

Before you read
Chapter One|| A little spell never hurt nobody
Chapter Two|| Head held high
Chapter Three|| Meeting Mathias
Chapter Four|| Meetings
Chapter Five|| Royal Balls
Chapter Six|| The Box
Chapter Seven|| Red eyes
Chapter Eight|| I have to see him
Chapter Nine|| How is it possible?
Chapter Ten|| Change Me
Chapter Eleven|| Will it work?
Chapter Twelve|| Nikobe
Chapter Thirteen|| Different
Chapter Fourteen|| Practicing
Chapter Fifteen|| Introducing Mathias
Chapter Sixteen|| Reporters
Chapter Eighteen|| Mornings with Mathias
Chapter Nineteen|| Lycan Shifting
Chapter Twenty|| Meetings with Emmet
Chapter Twenty-One|| Arguments
Chapter Twenty-Two|| Lycans
Chapter Twenty-Three|| The Beast
Chapter Twenty-Four|| The Threat
Chapter Twenty-Five|| The Other Twins
Chapter Twenty-Six|| Protection
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| Problems in the making
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| Lycan Spotting
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| Challenges
Chapter Thirty|| Magic of sin
Chapter Thirty-One|| The Plan
Chapter Thirty-Two|| Behind the scenes
Chapter Thirty-Three|| The Fight
Chapter Thirty-Four|| The Hounds
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Discussions
Chapter Thirty-Six|| Half way there
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| Coronation Day
Chapter Thirty-Eight|| Royal Ceremony
Chapter Thirty-Nine|| Devilish Kisses
Chapter Forty|| Happy Endings
Chapter Forty-One|| We're gonna be great
Chapter Forty-Two|| Before the "fake" wedding
Chapter Forty-Three|| The Wedding
Chapter Forty-Four|| Together Forever
Chapter Forty-Five|| We'll keep trying
Chapter Forty-Six|| Honeymoon
Chapter Forty-Seven|| Drunkeness
Chapter Forty-Eight|| Queen Rosemarie
Chapter Forty-Nine|| The Future Heir
Chapter Fifty|| The Hounds & the Babies
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen|| Curse of the Moon

38.3K 1.6K 161
By keyleehargis

{Rose's POV}

I sighed, getting ready for bed. I was tired, worn out, and exhausted. That reporter today was on my mind since she left. She admires me? Why? Was she just saying that to get on my good side? Because it worked. I was eagerly waiting for her report to be broadcasted for all to see. I was both worried and excited. If she turns what we said into something bad, we'll never be king and queen in our people's eyes. If she turns it into something good, well, it may be a breakthrough for us.

My phone buzzed and I walked over grabbing it off my nightstand.

'Goodnight, Rose, sleep well.' I read and smiled at Mathias' text.

'You too:)' I replied and sat on my bed staring at my phone.

It dinged, alerting another message, and I was quick to click his name.

'You looked beautiful today.' I giggled, relaxing on my bed as I went to reply.

We did this every night it felt like. He texted me goodnight but we wouldn't stop texting for hours, even though his room was right down the hall.

'You looked very handsome as well, your majesty.' I teased.

'Has a ring to it ;)'

I laughed at the text. Maybe he was starting to settle into this role better.

I stopped texting back when I felt the room suddenly get hot. My eyes widened in shock and I sat there confused for a minute until it hit me. I jumped up from my bed and looked out my bedroom window. The moon was high in the sky and it was completely full.

I grabbed my phone again to text Mathias but before I could even hit send, my bedroom door opened and the devil himself walked through, shutting it behind him. He was in nothing but a pair of joggers.

But it was no time to gawk over his toned chest.

"My-"

"Heat is starting. Yes. I know...I could smell it all the way down the hall." he mumbled looking around and pointed to a door in my room.

"Does that door lead to your bathroom?" I nodded and he walked towards it and went in.

I heard the water running in my bathtub and he walked back out looking in thought.

My heart was racing as I glanced back at the moon. I can't believe we let this slip our minds.

"This isn't how I wanted this to go. I was planning for our lycan forms to meet and for me to mark your lycan in order for this to go more smoothly," He sighed. "But it slipped my mind with all that has been going on."

"Mine too."

He motioned for me to come to him and I did so. He reached out, placing the back on his hand on my forehead. "You're not too hot yet but if you get in the cold water I ran now, then it should help calm the first wave of heat." I nodded, walking towards the bathroom.

When he followed me in I halted, giving him a curious look. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean? I'm getting in with you."

"Uh...why."

"Did your mother not explain heat to you, Rose?"

"Yes, but I think I can manage to sit in the tub by myself thank you very-" I let out a screech as a sharp pain hit me and my eyes closed, holding my side. Mathias placed his hand on the small of my back and the pain instantly dulled.

"Would you like to say that again?" he mused.

"Okay let's get in." he chuckled at my response.

I pulled my top over my head and shimmied out of my shorts. I heard Mathias clear his throat and I had to hold back my grin. Seems like I won't be the only one in torture tonight.

I stepped in as he pulled off his joggers, leaving his boxers on, and sat on the back of the tub behind me. "I'm not getting fully in until the heat starts," he stated, placing his hands on my shoulders and I groaned as he started to massaged them.

"Just relax. This isn't going to be some normal werewolf heat. It'll be lycan heat. They are drastically different. As far as I know, as long as you try to relax and you're not as tense, it can help." I tried my best to listen to his words but it was hard.

I was scared. I've never been through this before.

"Did your mom go through lycan heat?"

"No, she was a half lycan mated to another half lycan. Even though they are half lycans, they still both have a werewolf side. Since we are mates you're bonded to me, a full lycan, and that means you will have to expierence lycan heat since I do not have a werewolf side. I don't know why it happens like that but it does."

"Great."

I could feel slow pokes of pain starting to happen and I closed my eyes, trying to remain calm. Though, when it started to feel like needles were pricking my skin, I let out a cry of pain.

"Okay, well, the heat is officially starting." Mathias mumbled, fully getting in the water behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I sighed in relief when the pain dulled once again and rested against his chest.

"Take some deep breaths. In...and out." I did as told and felt myself calming down.

But it was as if I was launched into the back of my mind. I was confused and I couldn't even speak to ask Mathias why I felt that way.

'I am going to help you.' Nikobe's voice made her presence known as I heard her mind link to me.

'How?'

'If I am in control when your first heat happens, your body will handle it better for any other heats to come. I can keep you calm. That way when your second heat happens, you are able to withstand it without me having to take over.'

'Thank you, Nikobe.'

'I am your other half, Rosemarie, it's my job to help you.'

"Rose, you okay?" Mathias asked, noticing my silence.

"It's Nikobe. I took over so her body will be able to handle the heat better."

"Oh...okay. Yeah, that's probably for the best." he spoke and I felt useless as I just sat and listened.

I could see and hear just like I normally would, but I couldn't speak...only she could.

When the second wave hit, I whimpered. Though, Nikobe didn't even make a sound.

'That is nothing. The worst has yet to come.' She spoke to me.

What the hell does that mean?!

But when the third wave came, I knew what she meant. We both cried out in pain. Nikobe gripped the sides of the tub tightly. I could still feel that pain but I wondered if it was as bad as what Nikobe was experiencing since she was the one in control of my body.

"Relax." Mathias tried to soothe the pain by placing a kiss on the base of my neck.

"If you tell us to relax one more time, I promise, I will lycan out on you." Nikobe seethed.

Mathias chuckled slowly nipping at my neck.

I mentally frowned. I wanted to be able to fully experience this with him.

'After the fourth wave, he's all yours, sis.' She comforted.

Well, as much as I hated the thought, I wanted the fourth wave to get here sooner.

"How are you liking being away from the ancestor realm?" Mathias asked Nikobe.

"It's better then being stuck in a creepy ass place, that's for sure. Rose is a great person, so I'm glad she chose me."

"Well, I think she thinks the same about you. A lot of ancestor souls are greedy. She's lucky."

"Yeah, I think she witnessed just how greedy they were. They were all forcefully trying to merge their souls with her. Luckily I stopped them and got us out of there in time."

"Well, thank you...for helping her."

"You're-" She stopped talking when I'm assuming the fourth wave hit and she yelled in pain.

I, too, was feeling the pain. It was like I was standing in actual fire. I watched as the sides of the tub cracked under Nikobe's grip.

"You got this, Nikobe, fight it." Mathias encouraged.

When I saw dark veins emerge on our arms, it was almost as if the heat was trying to make her shift into her lycan form. Now I knew why Mathias said it would be so different. It is such a horrible pain that it is a natural instinct for the lycan to shift into its natural form. Lycans don't feel pain in lycan form.

Soon, the wave was gone and I was thrusted back into control and Nikobe was no longer present.

"Holy shit." I mumbled.

"That should be the last of the worst. You will still feel pain, but nothing you can't handle." Mathias explained and I groaned.

"Being mated to you sucks." I joked.

"Oh really? You didn't seem to be saying that as you went behind my back to find a way to be a lycan." he shot back, humor in his tone.

"Touche."

We both laughed, and I relaxed a little more. I loved being in his arms.

Though, I groaned in pain once again as I felt the pain come back.

When does this torture stop?

I felt Mathias place another kiss on my neck and my eyes fluttered shut at how good it felt.

I turned my head slightly to look at him and his eyes started to get small specks of red as he fought control, but I trusted him. I didn't know if it was the heat making me do it or if I had suddenly become bold, but I turned around to where I was straddling him.

"Rose," he warned.

"Kiss me." his eyes widened at the demand.

"Are you-"

"Just kiss me, Mathias." he didn't need for me to ask again.

His lips met mine in a swift movement, his arm snaking around my waist to pull me closer and I moaned into the kiss at how close we were. It was like nothing I had felt before.

It was hungry, lustful, and completely mesmorizing all in one.

His tongue broke through the barrier of my lips and I easily gave him control over the kiss. I laced my hands through his hair tugging it a little, earning a playful growl to rip through him.

His hands gripped my hips tightly, my hips meeting his causing another moan to leave me. His mouth left mine as he trailed kisses down my neck and onto my chest.  I was panting by the time he stopped right between the valley of my breast and he pulled back, his eyes shining a bright red.

"I have to stop, I don't want to, but I have to." I nodded in understanding and he leaned forward placing one soft, last kiss on my lips, resting his forehead against mine.

"I'd love nothing more than to please you, but I don't want to on the night of your heat where you feel urged to do it. I want you to be one hundred percent ready."

And it was in that moment, I knew I was falling in love with this man.
________________________
Geez it only took 17 chapters ;)

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

I hope to update soon once I get feeling better.

Much love🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 3.1K 25
***BOOK 2 OF HIS AND HIS ONLY SERIES*** "Who are you?" I seethed glaring into his auburn eyes. "I think you've caused enough ruckus on my Land." He...
772K 20K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
477 5 26
Werewolves are mythical creatures, right? Wrong, they are real. I am real. The 1 billion of my brethren are real. More powerful through all those ye...
1M 30K 61
Him: "I've been looking for her for centuries now, and when I caught her scent at the party, I knew I have to go after her. No way in hell I will mis...