HOLD YOUR BREATH ─── six unde...

By wallowsinangst

HOLD YOUR BREATH | ❛ you know, sweetheart, by the time this is all over, you're going to fall in lo... More

hold your breath.
act one ━━━ why was six afraid of seven? because seven lived and six did not.
i. FORGIVE ME FATHER, FOR I HAVE SINNED.
iii. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: MAKE-OUT...UH, I MEAN, STAKE-OUT.
iv. TILL DEATH DO US PART. AGAIN.
v. DROWN YOUR SORROWS, NOT YOURSELF.
vi. SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN.
vii. PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP?
viii. GUIDE TO A FUCKED-UP ORIGIN STORY.
ix. AND THEY CALL IT PUPPY LOVE.
x. IF YOU LIKE PIÑA COLADAS, AND GETTING CAUGHT IN THE PAIN.
act two ━━━ falling in love and also 1000 feet in the air.
xi. SQUAT THRUSTS WITH BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH.
xii. YINGUAN CHENG: PROFESSIONAL ASS JUDGER SINCE 1962.
xiii. PRIVATE JETS AND PRIVATES JETTING.
xiv. EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND.
xv. GLOCK AND LOAD, BITCHES !
xvi. OXYGEN? DON'T KNOW HER.
xvii. DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING.
xviii. IS IT A BIRD? IS IT A PLANE? NO, IT'S-...OH, FUCK.
xix. SAVE THE WORLD, THEY SAID. IT WILL BE FUN, THEY SAID.
xx. YOU BROKE MY HEART AND YOU BROKE MY RIBS.
act three ━━━ day of the dead. haha, get it?
xxi. DONKEY FONDLER VS THE STRAWBERY SLUT: ROUND TWO.
xxii. IDENTITY THEFT IS NOT A JOKE, JIM.
xxiii. IF YOU GO DOWN IN THE WOODS TODAY...
xxiv. WHERE'S MY HOMICIDAL BROTHER WHEN I NEED HIM?
xxv. THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM...IF THE STORM WAS A GIANT FUCKING MASSACRE.
xxvi. TRICKS UP HER SLEEVAGE AND A TWIX IN HER CLEAVAGE.
xxvii. THE SERPENT IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN.
xxviii. WHEN I SAID 'DAY OF THE DEAD', THIS ISN'T WHAT I MEANT.
xxix. THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE SERIOUSLY DYING.
xxx. BOO, YOU WHORE!

ii. CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF REBAR.

10.8K 433 648
By wallowsinangst

ACT i. why was six afraid of seven ? because seven lived and six did not.
CHAPTER i. ❛ CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF REBAR. ❜

florence, italy.
four months ago.

                 "JESUS FUCK!" ZERO CURSED IN BEWILDERMENT, THE WINDOW to her right shattering into a thousand pieces. Although she tried to remain focused on the task upon hand, the pressure had dramatically increased since the bullets were involved. The bullets that were getting dangerously closer to the head she was rather keen on keeping. The bullets belonging to an Italian mobster, firing them from his Ducati motorcycle just on the right of the Alfa Romeo. And the only thing stopping him from blowing Zero's brains all over Five's back was the multitude of pillars blocking his vision every fleeting couple of seconds. So, tired of being a human target range, Zero turned to Two and urged her to act.

"Not to be an asshole about the whole surgery thing but do you mind maybe not letting me get killed? A friend of mine recently got shot and it's apparantly not as fun as it seems," Zero queried and Two smiled through her agony, clearly a fan of the girl's sardonic humor. So, shoving Five out of the way, the injured woman lurched forward and aimed her weapon. "Who'd have thought."

             Simultaneously, as the sudden explosion of myriad gunshots echoed throughout the car, the remaining four ducked their heads in the hopes that this would be enough to prevent it from being blasted off. Yet, as the bullets begun to ricochet off of the steel on the Italian's bike, that was when the exigency really sunk in.

"Jesus! Shoot him!" Six yelled, covering his head with his free hand as if it wouldn't pierce straight through.

"Go get him! Do it!"

A bullet meant to land between her eyes embedded itself into Zero's laptop screen. Immediately, the screen splintered, the device died and the code she had been working on to lose the surrounding vehicles had been lost forever. She believed it would have probably been better for the team if it had been her instead. "Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me!"

              With great frustration, Zero grabbed her broken laptop with both hands and launched it at the biker. Incredibly, the corner of the device striked him in the eye and that was enough to impel him off of the motorcycle. The man slammed against the pavement and she watched as he was dragged beneath the car behind.

"Asshole!"

                Six begun to nervously laugh with relief, now terrified to ever piss her off.

"Why didn't you just do that in the first place?!" One screamed over the sound of tires screeching, recovering in respite.

          "Because I was occupied with trying to save your life!" Zero shouted back, the siblings having always been a rather vocal pair.

One took note of the fact that they were still being hunted down by the Mafia. "Well, you're not doing a very good job!"

          "Well, maybe I would have if that bearded cum-bubble hadn't destroyed my laptop!"

"Can't you just do it on my phone?!"

         "Can't you just not be mentally fucking deficient?!" Zero shouted, her temper going rampant. "I needed the software on that thing. Without it, it's useless!"

"You're useless!"

            "You're useless!"

"You're-" One was cut off before he could make another childish remark.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Five screamed and the pair sighed, silencing themselves. But, competitive to get the last word, or hand, Zero pulled on her brother's ear. He yelped in surprise and Five shot the girl a glare before returning back to her doctoring. "So fucking childish."

A pained whimper escaped Two's mouth.

             Now calming down, Zero felt an abrupt pang of trepidation inside the pit of her stomach. For the first time during this entire assignment, it took Two's dreadful aim ━━━ something extremely out of character ━━━ for her to realise that her companion may actually die. Not only were her motor functions defecting but her skin had also been plagued with a lifeless grey tint. This, amongst the blue lips and sheen of sweat that glazed over her entire body, was enough to prompt reasonable concern within the girl.

"Is she going to be okay?" Zero asked Five.

The medic turned to Zero with hesitation. Instead of giving her a direct answer, she decided to beat around the bush. "She's lost a shit ton of blood."

Two frowned, overhearing the conversation. "This isn't a shit ton."

              It was, in fact, a shit ton. Bigger than a shit ton. A fuck ton. Zero was surprised she had any blood left inside of her body because the backseat of that car looked as if several mass murders had just been committed. The windows, chairs and surrounding people were stained to shit with the red liquid.

"Oh, it's leaking under my seat!" Six complained, his timing perfect.

Five held up two bloody rags used to stem the flow, showing the group that the material once white was now completely encrusted with crimson. "I am the judge of what's a shit ton. You see? Blood. Red."

           Two rolled her eyes and Zero bit her lip anxiously.

"Can't you just staunch it or whatever the fuck you call it?" One uselessly suggested, eyeing the wound with disgust. "I can actually hear it pumping out."

           All members of the group turned to peer at the lesion, watching in horror as the hole appeared to almost gurgle on the blood and sprinkled Five's face in the shower of ichor. The woman sighed, her eyes clamped shut in asthenia.

"She squirted!" Six exclaimed, immensely grossed the fuck out. "That was literal-...she squirted."

"That's a lot of blood!" One whimpered and sounded as if he was about to gag. Which, judging by the fact that the hue in his cheeks was almost as green as the car, he was.

"Tell me that didn't go in your mouth," Six shuddered.

           Unfortunately for Five, it so did. The woman grunted and pulled a pair of surgical gloves onto her wrists. Then, she turned to Zero's brother with irritation. "Guess that's what happens when you try to steal a whole country. Right, One?"

One grimaced sheepishly. "Yeah, we probably could have used a warm-up mission."

"Yeah, that's my problem," Six smirked from the wheel. Now driving direction blind into a country he wasn't used to, there really was a mission. "I'm just getting warmed up."

            Swerving dramatically, the group felt their hearts leap into their throats as they were raced inside the outskirts of several alleys. The boy was truly hastening now and the ghosts tried to ignore the fact that the Alfa Romeo left the ground on more than one occasion. Turning a sharp corner, Six did not slow even as the vehicle slammed into the side of a delivery boy on a Vespa. The scooter's balance wobbled but when the teen fell, he was not in any danger.

"Why is everyone on a fucking Vespa?" Six muttered, abandoning the secrecy of the backstreets. Soaring into the open roads, the driver yanked the car forwards and took the corner, skidding before gaining traction and speeding off. There was hardly any point in discretion with a fucking helicopter on their tail.

           "I'm starting to feel it," Six beamed, taking great passion in his dexterity.

Two groaned from the back. "I'm feeling fucking carsick."

          As Six begun to execute three pundit donuts around the Equestrian Monument of Cosimo I, One regarded the legion of wheels still fast approaching and decided it was time to enlist re-inforcements. However, he thought he may as well have a little fun with it. And after the remarkably childish quarrel with his sister ━━━ an instance that occurs far too regularly for it to be healthy, he decided she was the perfect target for his amusement. Although it wasn't the time nor place, he knew that there was the perfect person to help inflict his revenge. Because there was nobody in the entire world ━━━ apart from him, of course, that enraged his sister more than who he had in mind. Seriously. It was like this cosmic superpower, activating a whole new level of fury that Zero didn't even know she had. And quite frankly, he was jealous.

"One for Four?" One asked into the Vitai VDG-360 radio, (a device Zero had manually tweaked in order to best complement the group), transmitting a direct request into Four's earpiece. A costly piece of equipment, sure. But nothing's too expensive when you're a billionaire.

"Yeah, go for Four," the thief responded.

The second that smug British accent entered Zero's in-ear reciever, she felt a flood of aggravation pump through her veins.

"We need you."

"Course you need me," Four replied.

          Humble, she thought. She could already see that trademark smirk on his face.

"I'm here," he added.

Six took control of the radio. "Remind me, where the fuck is 'here'?"

            Zero smiled and was instantly reminded on why she loved him. Then, she tried racking her brain on wherever the fuck 'here' was supposed to be. Only, thanks to Mr. Specific over...again, wherever the fuck 'here' was supposed to be, she hadn't really had much to go off.

"'Here' here," Four repeated.

           "Thanks a lot, you fuck-cheese," Zero vented. "No, really, that totally clears things up."

One grinned, realising that his scheme was working. He had never before heard Zero use a phrase such as 'fuck-cheese'. And noticing the scowl fixed onto her face, he did not feel guilty. After all, it was a big brother's job to help provide his little sister with a permanent headache, right?

Now who's useless, he thought. Yet, deep down, he already knew the answer. He was.

"Specificity," One demanded into the radio.

"Here. Right fucking here!" He exclaimed, still as vague as ever. Zero furrowed her eyebrows, annoyed, and glanced out of the window. Scanning the adjacent premises of Florence, she saw nothing. "Top of the Duomo, like we talked about. Look up."

           Zero, on a very rare occasion, did as she was told. Leaning out of the previously shot and shattered window, she looked up. And looking up, the only thing she could possibly see was said Duomo. The colossal establishment was all anybody could see. Seriously, that thing seemed to consume half of the fucking sky. Zero's eyes glazed upon the grandeur of its architecture, captured by the allure of it. So that's when she spotted him. Trailing the visionary anatomy right up to the peak, she caught sight of his figure. Four was standing at the very edge of the dome of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. In his regularly arrogant stance, his hands were splayed in order to be seen.

Zero remained gaping out of the window, even as Six floored it past the building. With the vehicles behind, there was no time for stopping.

Not for anybody.

"Where are you going?" Four demanded down the comms, confused as hell. A bullet tore through the air just beside Zero's ear and she yanked herself back inside of the car, startled. Four got the gist of what was going down. "Oh, shit. I'm coming down."

            The girl couldn't help but watch the scene unfolding before her. From above, she watched as the distant silhouette leapt over the railings ━━━ the railings meant to keep people safe, mind you, and glided down the walls from a height that seemed almost impossible to be at. With one knee bent and the other leg extended, to the hacker's great dismay, he slid across the stone with ease before hitting the bottom of that section. The height was still crazily, sky-scrapingly high. Zero, terrified of such heights, felt her stomach churn at the very thought. She tore her eyes away with unease.

             The next few minutes were casual ones. A couple of explosions here and there, further incredibly risky driving, several near-death experiences and a fuckload of even more bullets. Seriously, it was a miracle they were all still alive. And Zero's word of advice to the mafia, 'maybe get some gunmen that aren't either blind, stupid or armless. Like what is up with that?' Of course, that was exaggeration. But they may as well have been with an aim like that. Even Two, who was practically dead, could at least have shot in their general direction.

So much for the muscle of Italy.

And yet, bullets were still bullets so Six gunned it down the streets all the same.

"I see you," Four reported.

          Racing down the road, One noticed the BMW behind them and the grown man called out in excitement. "Punch up! PIT manoeuvre!"

Six did as instructed and sped up the road, inviting the Italian to do the same. And when he took him up on that offer, the boy headed straight for a backhoe loader, wrenched the clutch forward and jolted the car to the right at the last second. The vehicle behind did not do the same. Colliding with the torso of the loader, the BMW was sent hurtling into the air whilst the man had crashed straight through the windshield. Slamming into the machinery, a gruesome impact mangled his body and what seemed to be his foot was flung a few feet away from the crash site. One cheered, clearly a fan of the PIT manoeuvre.

            Now, pulling up into the narrower alleys, Zero noticed the shadow leaping over the Alfa Romeo from one small house to another.

"Right over you!" Four announced but the car still did not slow. He sighed and decided to give chase. "I'm coming North. Down on Via de-...Via de-...there's so many fucking Vias in Italy."

               The car continued shuttling between the ginnels of an Italian community. Four, committing the most hazardous parkour stunts, did well in keeping up. He vaulted from rooftop to rooftop with an almost impossible amount of grace. However, when another vehicle rammed the others into an open road, Four stopped and mustered up a plan. Springing down onto an abandoned construction site, just above a shabby house, he smiled. He smiled because on the edge of this site was the beginning of a roof far from being finished. And in the basics of this design, there had been a stack of equipment left out. Including a heavy mound of steel rebars; tied up between the fringe of said roof and an opposing roof by two pieces of wire rope. The first holding the load together and the second preventing it from falling down, settling a perfect detaining area in the air, just above the pathway Six had since darted down.

"Wrong way!" Four called out and Zero rolled her eyes, hoping they could just leave him behind already. "Come back. I've got an idea."

           The ghosts, all out of ideas, listened to him. Yet, on their journey back, a new issue surfaced when they felt two heavy thuds against the back windshield of the Alfa Romeo. Immediately, they whipped their heads back to see two Italian men climbing up onto the roof of the car, the first duo of professionals they had actually seen during this car chase.

"Oh, shit!" One exclaimed with astonishment. "What sort of psychopaths jump onto a moving car?"

        "Trained ones," Zero sighed, pulling out her Glock 19. Then, pressing the barrel of it up against the roof, she prepared to let rip on the men above. However, she was quickly stopped by Six.

"Woah, woah, woah, hold your fire, hot stuff," he ordered, veering around another corner. The men clung on, apparantly not going anywhere. "The infrastructure of this car is made from Kevlar. Aside from the windows, it's completely bulletproof. You shoot that roof and we'll be sucked into a game of ping pong."

The girl sighed, lowering her firearm.

"Can't you just go up there and do something?" One urged.

           Zero frowned. "What is this, Fast and The Furious? No, I can't just go up there. It's the roof of a car going 200 miles per hour."

"Just so you know, by not going up on that roof, you're putting everyone's lives at risk," One responded, knowing exactly what he was doing.

             "Get fucked," Zero countered, also knowing exactly what he was doing. And yet, when she took a glance over at Two, she let him guilt-trip her into doing it anyway. "You are such an asshole."

The girl slid her body backwards out of the fast-moving car, sitting down upon the edge of where a window was supposed to be. The wind lashed at her face the second she leaned out and she groaned, muttering and cursing to herself.

                 "Fucking useless piece of shit-..............too much of a pussy to do it himself-...............was only meant to be the fucking computer guy-.............such an asshole-................."

The basics of what she was murmuring could only just be heard over the car radio. They all looked at One in agreement and he, too, concurred. However, he thought it best to put a stop to the insults anyway, knowing just how atrocious his sister's words could be. Not to mention the fact that she was already heading down a dark road and could bring up something from their pasts at any given moment. Now that was something he could not let happen.

"Yeah, Zero, sweetie, you accidentally left your comms on," he patronized, winding her up some more.

"Good."

The girl had actually succeeded upon climbing onto the roof without dying, apparantly much more flexible than she gives herself credit for.

But, Six already knew that.

              Using a firm grip onto the singular roof rack, Zero had propelled her body from the window and rolled on top of the roof, her stance a little shaky as she developed from lying against the hood to kneeling against the hood. Although, as she grew more confident in the fact that she had yet to fall, it was only then that she did a total scan of the car's surroundings. And there, not a single man was to be seen. So, assuming they had fallen, Zero spoke into her comms. "Hey, I think we lost them-"

               Simultaneously, both assailants hauled themselves up from the left side of the car, frankly scaring the shit out Zero. She wobbled backwards in surprise and shot at the closest intruder, hitting him directly in the eye with the very first round. Unfortunately, as she was still on her knees and the man had been towering over her, his burly build collapsed on top of her torso, evidently crushing her, just as the other begun to fire his MP-444 Bagira. Now, using the corpse as a rather fashionable bullet-proof vest, Zero allowed the deceased to soak up his bullets before unfurling her leg and kicking the gun from the man's hands. When it skidded off of the car, she aimed her Glock.

Only, before she fired, she noticed something. From the empty socket of where an eye should be, the dead man had been cascading a waterfall of blood onto her neck and mouth.

                 "Oh!" She groaned, rolling the impressively bulky cadaver from her chest and off of the side of the car. "So fucking gross."

Zero spat out the blood onto the roof in disgust, back onto her knees. And rather distracted by trying not to catch an STD, she didn't see the boot crashing towards her from behind until it was too late. When she turned to face the much larger man, he drove his foot into the girl's chest. The blow, sharp and sudden, sent a flash of pain through her upper torso and she felt herself flying backwards in some sort of backwards somersault. Whilst her breathing stopped almost indefinitely, the aftershock subsided just in time to stop herself from being thrown in front of the vehicle. Quickly, Zero seized the blade from her boot-clip and speared it into the hood with all the strength she could conjure. The knife glided into a perfect slit down the middle. The slash only came to a halt when the girl reached the very front of the car, her body slamming against the windshield whilst the blade acted as her very own anchor, the only thing keeping her on top of the moving car. And therefore, the only thing keeping her alive.

            From inside the car, she could hear the juvenile men screaming. The girl rolled her eyes and tried to recover, pulling her body up and back onto the roof.

Through the recently created opening in the car's roof, the much safer ghosts begun to watch the scene from below. And when Zero was almost up, they regrettably descried all the gruesome details when the remaining Italian tried to avenge his deceased partner. With one hand hooked around her anchor and the other a flat palm against the rooftop, he saw a blatant target. The man reached beneath his belt and grabbed a knife of his own before plunging it into Zero's hand.

The men screamed once more.

The much braver girl, on the other hand, settled for a pained gasp instead. Biting her lip, she suppressed a wounded cry. As the blade pierced straight through her hand as well as her glove, she felt an agonising burning sensation tearing through her nerves and temporarily paralyzing her hand. Trying not to become consumed in her own suffering, Zero drew back her blade before impaling it into the man's calf. He howled in torment and caved onto his back when the girl pulled his other leg out from beneath him.

"Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! He's going to turn you into a kebab!" Six panicked into the radio.

"Oh, my God! You're going to turn into a kebab and fucking die!" Her brother rambled, feeling overwhelmed with guilt. "I'm sorry I made you go on the roof!"

                Zero sighed and jerked the blade out of her fist, making a guttural whimper as she did so. The hole in her hand was now bleeding profusely and a surge of affliction caught aflame in her arm. She cradled the gloved injury as she furiously stalked over to where Stabigail Fillmore was. Currently keeling over, he was trying his best to recover. Zero decided to keep his knife as a sort of Italian souvenir and tucked it into her boot clip. She allowed her own knife to remain in the man's leg. Then, reaching into the belt of her pants, she pulled out a thin Garrote. Subsequently, Zero hunched over to reach Stabby's throat. She knelt behind him as she hooked the wire around his neck and pulled.

Cue a lengthy process of strangulation.

"Where's that plan of yours, Four? We could really use it right about now," One queried into the radio, calming down when he was reminded on who his sister was and what she was capable of.

            Four smiled as he saw the car hurtling towards the alley, ready to destroy their tails. Only, as he was almost finished slicing into the wire rope of the rebars, he felt his stomach churn when he noticed the girl on the hood. On top of the Day-Glo green vehicle, his eyes trailed over Zero's figure in bewilderment.

               For the mission, she was clad in a pair of black pants that clung tight to her legs and an ass Four reminded himself to check out later on, an ebony top that cut off just above her belly button and sleeves that stopped at her forearms, exposing a slim tanned waist and brand new combat boots, courtesy of her brother. Around her hips was a holster belt stocked with a variety of menacing weapons, strapping a tight sheath on each thigh. In addition to this, she appeared to don a concealed bootclip as well as fingerless leather gloves, extending up to her elbows. He would bet on the fact that she had something hiding in there too.

Ironic, he thought. Just another trick up her sleeve.

"Coming up to you now, Spider-man," One announced, snapping Four out of his NSFCC (Not Safe For a Car Chase) thoughts.

             "Shit," Four cursed, speaking into his earpiece with urgency. "Sweetheart, I'm going to need you to get the hell off of that roof right about now."

From inside the car, all faces were those of confusion. There was a sense of gravity in his tone that nobody liked. Something bad was about to happen and they were yet to be let in on it. So, with a sudden alarm for the safety of his girlfriend, Six brushed off the pet name he hated so much and frowned. "Remember that conversation we had about specificity?"

"Yeah?"

"Mind explaining what the hell you're talking about?"

              When Four realised Zero must have muted her comms, he sighed and charged forward. It was already too late to stop the motion of his plan. The car was zooming towards him now and his knife had already made too much of an affect. The second he let go of what was left of the wire rope, it snapped and let loose the havoc of flying rebars. With his heart beating in his eardrums, Four sprinted across the tiles and dived off of the roof. Plummeting down into the air below, the boy caught hold of the ensuing wire rope with one hand and Zero with the other, snaking his arm around her waist and using the wire almost as if it was a vine, swinging just high enough for him to let go.

            On the opposing roof, Four and Zero tumbled onto its surface, rolling on top of each other until they finally came to a bumpy halt on the edge. The girl, incredibly disorientated, remained speechless. From their landing, Zero lay with her back flat against the stone. Above her, Four was on top, one arm still wrapped around her waist. There was a fleeting moment of panting silence as they gazed up at each other, stunned. That's when Zero begun to squirm around from beneath him.

"What the hell are you-"

Still unable to find any words inside of him, Four clamped his hand over her mouth and tilted her head to the left to watch the sight unfold before her.

               As the Italian begun to slowly recover from his unconsciousness, Zero having been rudely interrupted from his almost murder, his head reared upwards just in time for it to be skewered by the incoming rebars. And following this, as the Alfa Romeo raced away, his body was thrown from the roof. Just as her's would have been if she hadn't been rescued. The duo remained in their position for a few more moments, memorized by the way the cars behind the others were utterly destroyed. Not a single passenger was able to escape the thunderstorm of rebars, puncturing all and leaving the driverless cars to ram into whatever was around.

Now who's the kebab?

            Still breathless, Zero returned to her original position, gazing up at Four with amazement. And he did the same, eyes locking onto her's for what felt like forever. From his dominating position, he was gratefully conscious of the sun's beams leaving golden pools of light on her skin. Her glowing skin like silk over glass. But that glimmer against porcelain was nothing compared to the one in her eyes. They sparkled like a bright, clear emerald, illuminated by the shimmers of beauty itself. Green tendrils circled her pupils, filling up her irises with ever wonder in life, intoxicating him with their depth. And her lips, God, he loved those lips. Soft, pink and full of passion. That much was obvious in the zeal of the words that left them. Her golden hair was unruly; thrown back into a messy pony tail at the crown of her head. Yet, this did nothing to protect radiant cheeks from the tickle of her baby hairs. Her wavy locks had always defied being restrained.

Four's eyes begun to wander from her face and down to her neck, following the stream of blood all the way down to her exposed collarbone. And despite his better judgement, he eyed her cleavage, utterly entranced. Until he noticed she was still staring back at him, of course.

Shit, he thought. Did she know I was staring?

She did.

Though she still said nothing.

Instead, she kept her lips pursed, as if in thought, and her gaze distant. Alluringly, she would blink her eyes from time to time, allowing her long dark eyelashes to flutter like the wings of a butterfly.

Sure, Zero was hot ━━━ something Six so often liked to point out. But Four was also aware that she was beautiful.

Hauntingly beautiful.

         Four shifted slightly from where he was inclining over her, pulling his arm from around her lower back until his hand simply clasped around her waist. His warmth seeped into her body and a wildfire of goosebumps plagued her abdomen. Despite the heat between them, she shivered.

Detecting both of these aspects of her body language, Four bit his lip and smirked. Then, he leaned in close, lips just brushing her ear. "You have goosebumps, Sweetheart."

         Fuck, he smelt good. But Zero didn't like to dwell on the fact that he had a natural musk of cinnamon, mixed with the fresh scent of rain on a cold October morning. Instead, she turned her focus onto why her breath had hitched inside her throat. Apparantly, she couldn't talk. The only thing she could do was to unmute her comms, knowing for a fact Six would have something to say about that.

And to no surprise, he did.

          "Listen, Pretty Boy," Six begun, clearly having snatched the radio from One. "The only reason why she'd be having goosebumps is because of my irresistable driving. Right, babe?"

Zero didn't answer right away.

First of all, she had been thrown off by the fact that he had called her babe. By now, she was used to the protective jealousy that flared up when she was around Four. Most of the time, she even found it cute and amusing. However, she detested that pet name with a passion. And instead of replying to something she found highly demeaning, she decided to do a profile of her own in response to Four's perverted ogling.

In his own way, Six was right to feel threatened by Four.

              He was sun-kissed and practically angelic; an almost roguish ambience to him. His hair was a light shade of blond, thick and lustrous. His eyes were an enchanting mint colour, flecks of silvery light dancing within them. His face was strong yet soft ━━━ prominently handsome. The only flaw in his features was so enigmatic that it almost enhanced a sort of rebellious attraction towards him. A small scar adjacent to his right eye, representing dark secrets and his delinquent past. Even his body was utopian; well-defined muscles carved from years of training. His strenuous profession, parkour, left the hand on her waist feeling rough and defiant, yet somehow ardent. Four was the quintessential bad boy and little Miss daddy and mommy issues had to make sure to steer clear from him.

Besides, it was pretty simple to resist his advances when she loved another. Six was boyish and sweet and, most of all, safe. Whilst Four was everything dangerous, he gave her a sense of security she never had when she was alive.

             So, reassuring herself about the fact, Zero wrapped her leg around Four's waist and flipped the two over, slamming the boy's back onto the ground. Then, as she rested comfortably on his abdomen, his hand still placed at her side, she forced his chest down in order to express the lack of influence he had on her. She was gaining back control and he loved to watch her do so. And when she saw those kissable lips of his, so trained in the art of seduction, curve into an arrogant smirk, she was reminded of all the reasons why she hated him.

"Right," she affirmed confidently. Then, getting to her feet, she made sure to crush his chest with her knee in the process. He grunted in response. And before she could begin to walk away, she shot him a smile. "And you're not that pretty."

Liar.

She continued on just the same.

           Now reminding himself, Four checked out her ass as she went on her merry way, evoking him to know that everything he had done, even faking his own death, was worth it for that moment and that moment only. He smiled and turned back to his lying position, eyes fixed onto the blue sky above. Even though he knew that a desire like that was dangerous, he thought it was worth the heartbreak.

▃▃▃▃ AUTHOR'S NOTE ▃▃▃▃
hiiii, so first of all, I know this was a long ass chapter. but, considering it's christmas, (well, maybe not at the moment if you're in a different time zone), I thought you all deserved one. speaking of which, merry christmas !!! I hope you all have amazing days. <3

also, this was the first encounter four and zero have had and although I, too, adore zero and six, you have to admit they have chemistry, right? and, as well as that, I think I'll probably wrap up the car chase scene next chapter which means...well, you know what it means ☹.

and this chapter is dedicated to Foodismypriority for always being so supportive of my account and books. you're honestly so amazing !!!

anyways, I just want to thank everyone so much for 900+ views !!! I'm trying so hard with this book and I'm so glad people enjoy it.

well, I hope you like this chapter and again, have a merry christmas !!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400 33 14
Being in love is never a choice. But, does it worth it to risk your heart to fall for someone? Or keeping your heart remains closed by staying single...
411 127 29
Three words. Eight Letters. Big Impact. Between life or death, how far can love go? How much pain can a person handle before enough is enough? Is lov...
764 49 23
Lives are born to die. But love? It's not gonna die even if has no space in middle of blood shed. Things are going to change. Cold hearts are going...