Before You Go [N.H]

By InesAbdallah3

When Lucy meets Niall, she was probably at her lowest ever. So much further down rock bottom. Niall makes it... More

Before You Go - Preface
Chapter One: Saturday - Lucy
1.2 - Saturday - Niall
1.3 - Saturday - Encounter
1.4 - Saturday - Darts
Chapter Two: Christmas - Tree
2.2 - Christmas - Market
2.3 - Christmas - Lights
2.4 - Christmas - Traditions
Chapter Three - Night - Advice
3.2 - Night - Walk
3.3 - Night - Dinner
3.4 - Night - Changes
Chapter Four: Everywhere - Park
4.2 - Everywhere - Wales
4.3 - Everywhere - Outside
4.4 - Everywhere - Home
Chapter Five: Balance - Burden
5.2 - Balance - Lightweight
5.3 - Balance - Sharp
5.4 - Balance - Soft
Chapter Six: Celebration - Promotion
6.2 - Celebration - Valentine
6.4 - Celebration - Football
Chapter Seven: Roommates - Temporary
7.2 - Roommates - Bonding
7.3 - Roommates - Dinner
7.4 - Roommates - Secrets
Chapter Eight: Fall - Apart
8.2 - Fall - Back
8.3 - Fall - Down
8.4 - Fall - Again
Chapter Nine: Roadtrip - Cemetery
9.2 - Roadtrip - Paris
9.3 - Roadtrip - Greece
9.4 - Roadtrip - Ireland
Chapter Ten: Stay - Up All Night
10.2 - Stay - Surrounded
10.3 - Stay - Home
10.4 - Stay - Strong
Epilogue

6.3 - Celebration - Homeowner

1.5K 56 10
By InesAbdallah3

Niall's POV

'Deo! Haven't seen you in a while! Where've you been bud?' I ask him as he just came home while I'm having breakfast alone.

'You've been too busy with your girlfriend.'

'You're the one coming home at 10 AM.'

'Don't get thick about it! I'm only codding ya! I've just been busy with work and crashing at Conor's cause it's closer to where the new project is.'

'Oh okay. Speaking of projects! I just got a message that the new house is done.'

'Done? Already?'

'Yeah I mean all the walls are repainted, the doors and glasses were changed. The fence and the security system updated. It still needs furnishing and I do plan on taking my time with that.'

'Oh okay, good! What are you planning on doing with it? The renovations are done. You're not planning on moving in any time soon. Why not invest? Rent it.'

'I bought this house because I feel like I'm getting old enough that the idea of settling down with someone is becoming more and more credible. And I don't know when that will happen. It could be any time now. Or it could take a few years... I don't know... I don't have any control over that. But what I do have control over is the property. I bought the house because it was at a good price and in a good suburban neighbourhood. But even if I might not have any use for it in the immediate future, I don't really see anyone else living in it while it's mine. I don't know. Maybe finish it and use it as a weekend house? I mean I love living in the city. But It gets busy and loud. And a flat tends to get a bit suffocating. At least there I have a backyard. We could invite everyone, do a barbecue! I don't know...'

'Yeah, I guess you could do that too. At least I'll have the place for myself for a while!'

'Hey! I spent an entire week at Lucy's! It's not my fault if you weren't here to enjoy having the place for yourself!'

'Fair enough!' He laughs.

'I'm ready! When are you coming to pick me up?' I silently read the text I just received from Lucy.

'Leaving now!' I reply.

'I gotta go!' I say in a mouthful emptying the last of my cereal.

'Where to? I thought we could watch the game together.' Deo asks.

'The game isn't until tonight! I'll be back before then. I'm showing Luce the house.'

'Why?' He asks suspiciously.

'Because I want to. Not because I'm asking her to move in with me. Not now anyway. Maybe somewhere down the line.'

'Yeah, we'll see about that. I have the feeling it's not as far away as you like to pretend it is.'

'Whatever. See ya later!'

I grab my stuff and then pick up Lucy from her flat. We drive for another hour before we get to the house. I haven't exactly told her what we're doing today. I just told her to get ready and that I'll be picking her up as soon as I'm done with breakfast.

'Niall? Whose house is this?' She asks as we walk through what I think will be one of the two living room.

'Mine.'

'Huh?'

'Yeah. I bought it around a year ago. I was going through some stuff. Everyone called me crazy for doing it. But at the time it felt like everything I built was crumbling apart. It felt like I wasn't going anywhere. And that I don't have any future. So this was a way to keep me grounded. Something substantial, that will make me feel like I have something to look forward to... that someday I'll settle down with someone and that we'll live here.'

We walk through the empty freshly painted house.

'This would be the house where our children will grow up. they'll learn how to ride the bicycle in that very backyard. They'll make all kinds of cakes with their mother in this kitchen. They'll watch cartoons somewhere around here. They'll grow up and then move out. And then it'll be just me and her. Growing old and grey. Hopefully, I won't go bald. I can see an entire life here waiting to happen. It could start today, tomorrow, in six months or in 3 years. I don't know. I can't know that. But I'm confident it'll happen. And as long as I believe, then everything will be fine.'

She looks deeply into my watering eyes, standing in one of the rooms upstairs, the one I think might be a good office. And she just hugs me tightly. Her hug is different. It's not asking for warmth or love, it's more healing and mending.

'What's gotten into you?' I ask in a nervous chuckle.

'Whatever happened to you in the past. I know you're not ready to share, and I will wait till you are. But I can see the pain in your eyes. I can see how far you've fallen. And I can see how high you're flying now. I mean this? This is beautiful! What you've done with this house! I... It's inspiring if anything! You're so strong... I wish I could come back from rock bottom as you did.'

'You can! You're a very strong person! You've been enduring this for years! And you're still standing? And still feeling, still so caring about everyone around you, spreading love and shining so brightly! I was the most bitter, obnoxious person ever! No one could even talk to me! You're way better than me! But it's not about comparing. Thank you for saying all those kind words. But you can come back from rock bottom as I did and even better. I'm sure of it. I believe in you!'

'Thank you, baby!!'

'You're welcome!'

'So why bring me here?' She asks me sitting on the edge of the waterless pool.

'The renovations literally just finished and I just wanted to show you it.'

'Yeah, but why?'

'Why not?'

'I'm not saying not. But like, is that it? Just showing me what you did. No ulterior motives.'

'Not that I'm conscious of...' I trail.

'Uh-huh...'

'What?' I chuckle.

'I see what you're doing Niall. Even if you don't. I see it.'

'See what? I don't understand...'

'You're trying to get me to imagine a future with you. A long term one. Something to keep me going like it did for you. Something to hold onto when things get bad. When we first met, I told you I don't feel like I have a purpose, a goal. And now, you're thinking, maybe I'll think that having a life here with you, kids and whatnot, could be my goal.'

'When you say it like that. It does make sense.'

'See!' She laughs.

'Well... Could it?'

'Could it what?'

'Eventually, become a purpose that drives you.'

'I don't know Niall. I don't like placing my hopes and faith in people.'

'I know that. But I'm not people. I'm way more than that. I love you.'

'I know. And I love you too.'

'But...'

'But... this still has the potential of ending.'

'With that attitude, it certainly will.' I sass.

'What's that supposed to mean?'

'I think it's clear what it means! It means you're always negative about everything. Always expecting the worse from people. And while it might shield you from pain it's not gonna get you anywhere either. You'll still be stuck in the same miserable and lonely place. Everyone will eventually get sick of trying to help you when you don't even accept their help.'

'So go! Nobody's forcing you to stay with me! I have been myself with you from the start! You know everything about me! You know what you were getting yourself into! You don't like it you can just go!' She shouts at me, standing up and walking back inside.

'You don't get it!' I yell following her.

'Don't get what?' She asks coldly.

I look into her eyes, hold both her hands and say, 'I don't want to go. You're not gonna get rid of me that easily. I love you. And that means I want to be with you even when you're pushing me away, even when it doesn't make sense to stay anymore. That means I'll keep fighting for you and keep trying to convince you that I'm for real. That I'm not going anywhere. That I'm the one for you.'

She gives me a smile and then presses her lips on mine. We kiss for a while until she breaks it off.

'That doesn't mean that I'm convinced.' She smirks, 'But I'm willing to consider it and try to see things the way you do.'

'That's all I'm asking.'

'Thanks, Niall.'

'No need to thank me, darling. Now, follow me. I want to show you the view from the rooftop.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.8K 1.2K 30
Liam and Harry tried dating but they’ve drifted apart and Liam has eyes for someone else. Will he ever get to be with that person? Louis makes a real...
45.7K 1.8K 34
Louis is lost, stumbling in the dark with his empty heart. Then he meets Harry under the stars. Can he help Louis find his back home? Trigger warnings
904K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..
30.9K 921 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...