7.3 - Roommates - Dinner

Lucy's POV

As I'm waking up on this seemingly beautiful Sunday morning, Niall comes back into the room and lay in bed next to me, pulling me into his arms so that we could cuddle.

'Good morning darling!' He kisses my temple. 'Sleep well?'

'Great! You've been awake for long?'

'Not really. Went on a jog and then got us breakfast. Took a shower. And now here I am.'

'No wonder why you smell like vanilla!'

'Yeah! By the way! I'm so sorry, this is short notice, but I'm having a few friends over. There will be Deo and his girlfriend and Louis and his wife, you already met them before. Tara and her boyfriend and Mully and his girlfriend will be there too, you don't know them yet. Anyway, so it's a big dinner between friends.'

'How are you planning on feeding 10 people when you tell me about it at the last minute?'

'Well, it's Saturday, 10 in the morning. Dinner isn't until 8. Which means we have 10 hours to get ready. Don't worry about it I'll take care of the food.'

'Right because ordering pizza is always a great idea for a good host!'

'I'm planning on cooking!'

'Goodluck everyone eating that!'

'Hey! I'm a great cook!!'

'Yeah but I'm better!'

'Oh yeah? Fine, let them decide! You cook whatever you deem worthy. And I'll cook whatever I want. We'll let them decide who's better.'

'Oh, you're on!' I challenge him.

'Grocery shopping?'

'Grocery shopping!!'

So we head to the supermarket closest to his house and lay out the plan. Each one of us takes a cart and we each take a different direction. We're not allowed to know what the other is planning. Which I think is ridiculous since we'll be cooking in the same kitchen and we'll figure it out mid-process. But it's his plan and I'm just going along with it.

After hours of bickering, cooking, singing, dancing, and a small food fight that has almost gone out of control, dinner is almost ready. Niall and I change into cleaner and a little bit classier clothes to welcome his friends into our home. Most are thankfully very punctual, otherwise, I'll get anxious. While they chat over pre-dinner cocktails, Niall and I set the table.

'Umm... guys... I mean I know we're a few people short of a dozen... But don't you think there's a little bit too much food?' Addy, Louis' wife asked.

'Something is wrong... You two shared a look. Wait are you fighting?' Deo notices and we don't answer. 'Well, that's a first! Niall, what did you do?'

'Why did you assume I'm the one who did something wrong?'

'Niall...'

'She insulted my cooking skills!' He shouts.

'I did not insult it! It's not my fault you're too sensitive! I just prefered to do something more fancy that your usual!' I argue.

'What's wrong with my Sunday roast?!'

'It's not a Sunday roast if you do it every fucking day!'