Forever and Always (violetine...

By coloradokapers

Clementine starts a new life in a new town. After the trauma in her home town in Macon, Georgia she moves to... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
.22.
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

10

312 11 0
By coloradokapers

Clementine got up by the light that stung her eyes. She stretched outward before her eyes met the clock on the side of her bed.

"One o' clock? How did I sleep in so much?" She said shockingly. Getting out of bed and picking up the shirt she had picked out a couple days ago. Then she remembered about the blood stains on the front.

She sighed before she caught eyes with the familiar dress. The one Louis disliked. Grabbing the dress, she placed it up against her and looked at the vanity mirror. Noticing how cute the dress looked but Louis was right. It didn't suit her at all, why did she pick it out.

"Clementine! Can I go with Tenn and Willy!" Clem heard AJ yell. She was confused by the question before walking out of her bedroom and into the living room.

There sat AJ playing a game of scrabble with his two friends. A puzzling expression on her face before she glared at AJ.

"How long have they been here?" Clem asked, furrowing her eyebrows at the boys.

"For a while. Sorry I didn't ask you but you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you up." AJ apologized, grabbing the board game and grabbing all of the pieces with it.

Clementine watched as the other boys helped him put all of the pieces in the box and return the board game where it was.

"Okay, you can go. But you have to promise you'll stay out of trouble." She told him, getting engulfed in a hug. She was surprised of the sudden contact while his friends were still in the room. But she wouldn't question it as she hugged the boy back.

"Please be careful Clem." AJ whispered before letting go of her. She can see the bloodshot look in his eyes as he took off with his friends. She finally understood what he meant. And it killed her to have to do this without him but she would have to keep him safe.

For the next couple of hours she got ready. Because she couldn't wear her new clothes that she bought for Violet and she disliked the dress, she grabbed some casual clothes. She wore a black shirt with a punk rock skull in the middle. She wore jeans and her baseball cap.

There was only fifteen minutes until Violet would come pick her up, and Clem would be here this time. She went through her bag and pulled out her phone and dialed an old number she thought she would never have to call again.

"Hello?" Javi's voice came through the other side.

"Javi. Later tonight meet me at 423 South Walker Lane. I have a plan to get rid of the Delta." Clem said before a surprised groan sounded in the other side.

"When should I be there?" He asked, allowing Clem to think of a time.

"Lets go at nine o' clock." She told him.

Javi agreed and the call ended right before a knock was at the door. Clementine placed her phone back into her bag and opened the door. Revealing a pretty blonde on the opposite side of the door frame.

Violet was wearing a purple shirt that spelled out royalty across the shirt. She wore a white hoodie over it and some jeans. She had a smile on her face as Clem gawked at the beauty in front of her.

"Are we gonna stand here staring at each other all day or can we do this already?" Violet asked, Clem snapping out of her thoughts to start walking out of her room. "You're not gonna bring a jacket? It's cold outside."

Clementine stopped when she said that and reached in to grab her purple jacket that sat on the couch. Putting it on over her shirt and following Violet out into the snowy park.

"After yesterday I just wanted some time to not think about those assholes, the Delta." Violet said, looking at the conflicted look on Clems face.

"Yeah, that is never going to get out of my head. And Louis won't have a voice. Let's be honest that smart mouth was his best quality." Clementine said as Violet smirked at that.

"Yeah, he knew how to make you smile. He really cares about everyone. And he doesn't just show it, he tells you every god damn day. It's gonna take some getting used to that's for sure." Vi said, sighing. She then looked back to Clem and took another breath.

"Enough talking about that. I want to know more about you. What did you mean when you said that group was your family?" Violet suddenly asked, taking Clementine aback by the question. She instinctively grabbed her upper left arm, which Violet saw.

"For a while, I had nobody. It was just me and Lee. My friend, Duck and his family died when some people broke into their house and shot them all. Kenny was supposed to help me get a job, but when they died I was alone again. Lee was doing poorly on funds and we were going to be evicted if we couldn't pay our bills." Clementine told her. She had no idea why she was, she just felt safe telling her story to Violet.

"Then I found this man, his name was Javier Garcia. I knew him from a baseball team and wanted an autograph. Found the mark on him and asked him about it. Javi introduced me to The New Frontier. That was my way of getting money for the house. They paid me good money for the things I had to do." She then looked at her hands, remembering the same feeling of the dried out blood staining her skin.

"Wow, sounds like they helped you a lot." Violet says, bringing the brunette to laugh quietly.

"Yeah. For the most part." She let out with a shiver, they began walking in silence. They stayed silent for most of the walk to the park.

When they made it to the park, Violet stopped. Grabbing Clementine by the wrist to make her turn around to face her. Violet looked nervous, looking down at her fidgeting hands. Clementine looked at the green specks that shined on the blonde's face and gave a warm smile.

"I have to tell you something. If I don't it will eat away at me." Vi started, looking Clementine in the eyes as she spoke. "That night. The first night you came here. I felt something I never thought I could after Minnie."

Clementine perked up and began to blush. Her guard completely down as she began reminiscing of that same night. She still could only remember half of it, but that was enough to remember that Violet and her kissed. Making the brunette more flushed as she snapped out of it.

"And after the game of spin the bottle. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I don't know if you feel the same way but I do remember, you kissed me in my room the same night before going to bed." Violet continued.

"And I know you probably don't remember because of how fucked up you were, but I can't take my mind off of it. I can't take my mind off of you." Violet said, looking at the flustered brunette as she waited for a response.

Clementine's heart was racing, her mind going a hundred miles a minute. She was shaking a lot and was at a loss of words. She didn't know what to say. So she didn't say anything.

Instead, she grabbed Violet and brought her into a kiss. Smacking their lips together. Violet was surprised at first but she kissed her back. It was a small and fast kiss.

When they pulled away, Clementine felt more at ease. Violet and Clem had huge grins on their faces as they stared into each others eyes a little longer.

"I like you too, Vi. Like... Like, like you. I'm not very good with relationships. My last one ended up pretty horribly." Clementine told the blonde.

"You don't have to worry. We'll figure it out together. Every step of the way." Violet told her, taking hold of her hand and interlacing their fingers. Smiling widely to the brunette as Clem showed the same.

"What did you mean I kissed you before going to bed? I don't remember." Clementine asked, Violets face turning red at the mention of it.

"Like I said, you were pretty fucked up that night. Don't worry, I didn't let it go anywhere. I wouldn't take advantage of you." Vi told her, Clem's face dying down as she stared off in the distance.

Violet looked confused at Clementine. Clem stared harder at the shape coming closer to the two girls. Watching the woman come closer. Clementine looked at her and saw who it was. She looked at the long black hair. Watching the girl in camo draw nearer and bring a smile to her face.

"Clementine? Is that you? It's nice to see you." Violet turned to see who the voice belonged to. Not recognizing the voice or the woman.

"Hey Lily." Clementine said, sounding almost intimidated. Violet watched the exchange and decided to introduce herself.

"Hi. I'm Violet, nice to meet you Lily." Violet said, placing a firm grip on the woman's hand and shaking it. Violet looked her up and down and tried to piece together if this was the girl who cut out her friends tongue.

"I'm Clementine's aunt, if you will. Not by blood, but by choice." Lily introduced herself, sounding friendly and energetically. Clementine wanted to trust her, but the new information was scarring away at every chance it got.

"When did you come here?" Clementine asked, looking at how Lily crossed her hands, Lily looked directly at Clementine then at Violet.

"So, how long have you girls been friends for?" Smiling at the two, making them both very uncomfortable.

"Maybe over a month. You avoided my question though." Clementine answered, looking at someone she viewed as family. Watching their stance get weaker before she finally spoke.

"Sorry Clem. It's just that, my dad, Larry. He died a while back and I moved out and into this lovely town. That was about a month or so ago." She said, looking at the skeptical look on Clems face when she finished. "I didn't tell you because I was grieving, I didn't know how to react and I forgot about you and Lee. Where is Lee anyway?"

She looks at the now saddened expression that placed itself on the brunettes face. Violet bowed her head down to match Clems feelings. Lily looked at the two before piecing the silence together. Her head being brought down as well, paying respects for her old friend.

"I'm so sorry Clementine, I..."

"Its okay," Clem dismissed. "You didn't know."

The moment was silent and the three didnt exchange any words for what felt like an eternity. Each one of them wanting to break the silence but none figuring out how.

"I think I better go then. It was nice meeting you Violet." Lily said as she took a step back from the duo.

"Nice meeting you too." Violet said as she watched the woman walk away from them. Strolling away from the park and out of sight.

"What do you think?" Violet asked Clem as she tried to bring her mind back to function. Clem was unsure really, but she came up with her answer.

"I think she's good. But I might be biased considering she is family." Clementine said, bringing her eyes back to Violet's.

"Yeah, she looks like a hard one to figure out. But I don't know anyone else named Lily, Clem." She told Clem. Getting a sad look from the brunette. Tears filling up her amber eyes as she held back her sadness. Trying not to cry in front of the blonde.

"Hey, it doesn't mean it has to be her." Violet said, trying to cheer her up.

"No, Vi. You're right. I've never met anyone else named Lily other than her. It's just hard for me to retain all this new information." Clementine tells her as she wiped away the tears from her eyes.

Violet stayed silent as Clem thought of what she could possibly do in a situation like this. Her hands shaking and her mind flooding with horrible memories of her terrorizing acts back in Macon.

Clementine put her hands together and to stop them from shaking. Brushing her fingers over her ring finger. Half of it missing from the rest. She knew exactly what needed to happen.

A cold breeze came in and gave the couple a shiver. Violet put a hand on her shoulder and began to walk her away from the park.

"C'mon, Clem. Let's get somewhere warm." She said as they walked off on the trail.

"Let's go to Louis's house." Clem told her, bringing her mind to more pressing matters. Violet nudged her along as they walked to Louis's home.

Violet couldn't stop thinking of the woman in the park. The way she stood, the way she talked. She just didn't trust that woman. Someone named Lily hurt her best friend, and that lady was the only person named Lily she could think of.

As much as it pained her to give Clementine that idea. She couldn't let Clementine trust someone who could hurt her later. Violet had unexpected feelings for the new brunette and she wasn't going to let anything happen to her.

Clementine had stopped thinking about Lily entirely. Well, mostly. All she could bring herself to think about is how Louis would react when Javi arrives with the New Frontier mark on the side of his neck.

Tonight was the planning period of their attack. She knew that Javi would help. That the New Frontier could make a difference in the Delta problem. All she needed was a little bit of faith. And she needed to bring that faith into the eyes of her friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380 11 7
(Y/n), a young man, alone and conflicted, wanders around Georgia for years, striving to survive like everyone else, resorting to whatever means neces...
34.3K 1K 22
Clem finds herself being sent to this new school since her parents, Lee Everett and Carley Marsh and her adopted brother, AJ, had to move out of Geor...
55 5 1
As bitter and sweet as the relationship was, she had to move to Florida in her senior year. That day, Clementine ended the two-year relationship that...
195 6 50
Violet's been living in loneliness for the past three years being stuck with a broken heart with her daughter being her only comfort. While being sen...