The Cheerleader and The Bad B...

By Mira49_94

"You're afraid of temptation." He said pinning me to the wall. "No, I'm not." I snapped at him. Who am I kid... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Epilogue
Sorry, another authors note.
Aaron's POV chapter seven
Chapter one Aarons POV
It's been a while.
Rewrite

Chapter eight

609K 12.5K 4.8K
By Mira49_94

Hey guys this chapter isn't to exciting I have more plans for the next chapter but I hope you still enjoy this one.

The dress on the side is Sage's homecoming dress.

Vote and comment and let me know how I did. :) Thanks guys! Enjoy. 

Chapter eight

“Aaron!” I yelled nearly knocking his door off the hinges when I threw it open. “Aaron get up we’re late!” I jumped on the bed as he groaned and covered his eyes with his arm. “Aaron!” I persisted while hitting him a few good times with a pillow.

“I want to sleep!” He argued rolling onto his stomach.

“You have until I’m ready to get up otherwise I’m leaving you here.” I warned him before leaving the room.

I practically sprinted into my bathroom after hurriedly grabbing the first clothes I could find. I slid on simple dark skinny jeans and my black uggs before throwing on my long Harvard sweat shirt.

I ran a brush through my hair before throwing it up in a slick pony tail. Then I put on some mascara and light foundation.

I nearly slammed into Aaron while running out of my bedroom. “Woa, watch it Sage.” He said with a joking grin plastered on his face.

“Come on let’s go!” I said grabbing his arm and dragging him behind me all the way out to his truck.

“What about breakfast?” He complained while starting the car and beginning to drive to school.

“We’re skipping it.” I said while rummaging through my back pack.

“It’s the most important meal of the day!” He said faking sounding appalled. There was a short moment of silence where we just grinned at each other before he spoke again. “You know…I think this is the most relaxed I’ve seen you.”

“I didn’t have time to actually get dressed.” I said as an excuse.

“Well you still look gorgeous.”

“Thank you.” I said before taking his hand in mine and intertwining our fingers. “Oh dammit.” I muttered before sighing.

“What? Are you ok?” He asked taking his eyes off the road to look at me.

“Ya it’s just that I forgot that I have to stay after cheerleading practice to work on the duet.”

“With Brad?”

“Ya…we’re deciding to make this one more hip hop.”

“That sounds fun.” He said pulling into the student parking lot.

“Ya except I’ll have to stay about an hour and a half after practice, I was going to drive myself today except we woke up too late and I forgot.”

“That’s ok…I can wait.”

“You don’t have to do that. It’s nearly four hours after school.”

“Then I’ll come back…I’ll always come back.”

He got out of the truck before opening the door for me and helping me out while taking my back pack from me. “You know, you say things like that a lot.” I said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him.

“Say what type of things?”

“Random deep sayings.” I laughed as I looked up at him.

“It’s my best attempt at romance.” He shrugged before breaking into a grin.

“I’ll see you in chemistry?” I asked as we stopped in front of my first period class.

“Ya.” He nodded before kissing me and handing me my back pack. “See you then.”

*********

I put my head in my hands as I sat down on the front steps waiting for Aaron to come get me. I was trying to go over all the dance steps we had decided on in my head so I wouldn’t forget them.

Brad and I had decided on the song Bleeding Love and the story behind it was a guy who was trying to leave his girlfriend but she just couldn’t stand to see him leave. We’d been told we were allowed to use minimal props so we were using a suitcase to make it as clear as possible that he was leaving.

It was coming along great I was just worried that I would forget something or somehow mess everything up.

I heard someone clear their throat and I looked up into the dark eyes of Aaron.

“Hey.” I smiled slinging my back pack over my shoulder and standing up.

“Hi.” He smiled kissing my cheek before handing me a bouquet of pink roses.

“What are these for?” I asked surprised as he walked me back to the car.

“Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl.” He grinned.

“Ok, I don’t care what you say, you are way better at romance then you think.” I laughed.

“Just wait, homecoming’s tomorrow.”

“Oh really? I totally forgot.” I said attempting to keep sarcasm from my voice.

“No you didn’t.” He said shaking his head at me.

“You’re right; I have a dress picked out and everything.” I said as we both got in the car.

“Are you going to tell me what color it is so I can match my tie to it? I mean I’ll have to buy it today anyway.”

“A tie?” I said putting on a mocking face. “I thought you were going to show up in a leather jacket and a t-shirt.”

“I would but not when it means so much to you.”

“If you want to show up in casual clothes then show up in casual clothes. It doesn’t matter how you’re dressed as long as I’m with you.”

He gave me a playful glare. “I’m wearing a tie.”

“Fine.” I said crossing my arms. “I’m wearing pink.”

“Of course.” He said smirking.

I opened my mouth in a fake appalled look before lightly hitting his arm. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing…Barbie.” He said looking at me out of the corner of his eyes.

I slouched down in the seat before speaking. “If I’m Barbie…that means you’re Ken.”

His groan and my laughter were the only things that filled the car.

**************

“Dude your dress could practically eat me.” I laughed pushing at the poof in Kalina’s homecoming dress.

“It’s not that bad!” She argued with me.

“It’s pretty big.” I nodded looking her over again.

She had a dark purple strapless princess dress that poofed out at her waist and ended at her ankles. There was delicate beading at the top that slowly sloped into a V and ended at her waist line. Some extra material was pulled aside so half of the bottom had more material while the other had random bits of beaded material that looked like a cross between stars and flowers. She had on black strappy shoes that you really couldn’t see all that much and her hair framed her face in subtle waves down her back.

“I like it.” She said smoothing it down while she looked in the mirror.

“You look amazing.” I agreed.

“Well go get yours on.” She said ushering me into the bathroom and throwing my shoes in my arms.

Ten minutes later I walked out letting my hair fall in front of my face as Kalina looked me up and down.

My dress was a light pink strapless dress that ended at my mid-thigh. It had about four layers of material on the bottom and had beading and rhinestones right below my breasts, below that was a strip of material before even more beading at my waist line. In between the layers there were fabric pieces that reminded me of a wedding veil. I had on silver strappy heals and earlier I had crimped my hair for a change.

“Sage.” Kalina said while looking at me in total awe. “You look absolutely beautiful.”

“Really?” I asked pushing some of my hair behind my ear.

“Yes.” She said crossing the room and giving me a hug.

Later we were downstairs in my living room taking pictures with Aaron and Scott who was Kalina’s date and another male cheerleader on the cheer team.

Aaron put a white rose corsage on my wrist before kissing my forehead and whispering in my ear how nice I looked.

“Are you guys ready?” Scott asked offering his arm to Kalina.

I nodded as Aaron took my hand in his and we all filed into the limo.

We went out to dinner at the cheesecake factory before arriving at the school around nine. We were an hour late but we missed the lines and we still had two hours of the dance left. Screw mainstream right?

Everything seemed to go by in a blur. Dancing with Kalina and Aaron and Scott, all facing each other in a circle. Taking pictures behind the night sky scenery set up the dance had, drinking really gross punch and slow dancing with Aaron. Then the next thing I know Aaron and I are back in the limo after dropping off Kalina and Scott. I leaned back and looked out the open sun roof as stars flew by.

“Thank you.” I whispered as I rested my head on Aaron’s shoulder.

“For what?” He asked grabbing my hand.

“For taking me to some lame high school dance.”

“It wasn’t lame.” He disagreed.

“It kinda was.” I laughed curling my feet up beside me and leaning more into him.

“Only a little.” He said letting his laughter join mine.

Ten minutes later I waved goodbye to the limo driver and Aaron was walking me back up to the front door. He poked me in the side while I was unlocking the door and I jumped when I nearly ran into someone while walking inside.

“Dad?” I said putting a hand on my chest.

“Hey Sage.” He said putting his hands in his pocket with a fake smile on his face.

“Um, Hi Dad.” I said pushing some of my hair behind my ear and looking down at my feet.

After a few moments of awkward silence my Dad cleared his throat before speaking again. “So, who’s this?” He gestured at Aaron.

“This is Aaron Williams…he was my date to homecoming…which was tonight.”

“It’s nice to meet you sir.” Aaron said extending his hand to my Dad.

“He was just walking me to the door.” I said as they shook hands.

“I’m sure he was.” My dad said as he motioned for me to walk inside.

“Bye.” I said before kissing Aarons cheek and hugging him before whispering in his ear. “I’ll give your stuff to you later.”

“Bye Sage.” Aaron waved before walking down my porch steps as my dad closed the door before he’d even reached the grass.

“What are you wearing?” My dad asked not even waiting for me to take off my shoes.

“Oh hey Sage how are you?” I said sarcastically.

“Sage.” He said with a warning tone.

“It’s my dress Dad.”

“I wouldn’t call that a dress, a shirt maybe but not a dress.”

“Dad I really like this dress-“ I began before he cut me off.

“And what is that all over it.” He said motioning to the beading and layers and extra fabric.

“It’s the design.” I said slowly because I thought it was obvious.

“It’s immaturity.” He snapped. “And what did you do to your hair?”

“I just styled it differently.” I said self-consciously running a hand through my hair.

“No one will take you seriously like that.”

“Really? Because everyone I talked to today took me pretty seriously.” I shot back.

“And who were these ‘people’? Children? Or delinquents like that boy.”

“His name is Aaron and he’s not a delinquent.”

“Sage don’t think I didn’t look into our neighbors. I know he’s no good. I don’t like him.”

“Well I do and that’s all that matters.” I said stomping up the stairs before stopping half way and looking back down at my dad who was still facing the door, refusing to look at me. “And I like my dress too.”

************

I pushed open my window and slowly climbed out of my house and onto my roof. I walked to the edge in bare feet and still in my homecoming dress. I dragged both of Aaron’s bags behind me.

After my argument with my dad I had quickly bolted up to the guest bedroom and packed all of Aaron’s things into his bags.

I looked down at the edge to see Aaron’s grinning face. “Hi.” He whispered.

“Hey.” I whispered back before carefully tossing him his bags one by one. He motioned for me to jump down but I shook my head at him. “Are you crazy?”

“I’ll catch you.” He said ignoring my question. I sighed before letting my toes hang off the edge of the roof. I shouldn’t be scared; it’s only a one story drop I’ve been thrown higher during cheerleading. I took a deep breath before jumping into his arms. “I told you I’d catch you.” He said before kissing me.

“I never doubted you.” I replied smiling.

“So how was your dad’s trip to Japan?” He said running his hands up and down my arms.

“I don’t know I never asked, I was too busy arguing with him.”

“Why?” He said scrunching his eyebrows together before handing me his suit jacket most likely sensing that I was cold.

I shrugged it on and crossed my arms before replying. “He didn’t like my dress…and he wasn’t your biggest fan either.”

“No parents are.” He said with a smile. A smile that I noticed was sad. Aaron Williams was giving me a sad smile.

“But hey.” I said running my hand along his cheek. “I don’t care. Do you wanna know why? Because I think you’re wonderful Aaron, and nothing my dad or anyone says will ever change how I think of you.”

“You’re amazing.” He whispered kissing me again.

“Sage!” I heard my dad call from inside.

“Shit.” I muttered looking up at the roof that was way out of my reach.

“Give me your hands.” He said holding his arms out to me. “Your hands Sage!” He said as I blankly stared at him.

I turned around so my back was to him and put my hands in his. I kept my arms straight as he lifted me up so I was standing on his shoulders. I hoisted myself back up onto the roof and looked back over the edge to see Aaron waving at me.

I blew him a quick kiss before sprinting as fast as I dared back to my window. I threw myself head first in my window and landed with a thud on my floor. I quickly tore off Aaron’s jacket and shoved it under my bed just as the door knob was turning. I grabbed a magazine and opened it to a random page as my dad walked in.

“Hey dad.” I said with a casual grin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...
252K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
5M 156K 72
For a second I turned my back when I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me back. Reese forced me to sit on his lap as I felt his lips near my ne...
38.8K 1.5K 23
"I'm Aiden," he said then held out his hand. "Yeah.. I.. I remembered.. Aiden. You're Nate's best friend slash brother." "Oh, you don't prefer handsh...