Chapter thirty-nine

Yay! Finally another upload! Hope I didn't keep you all waiting to long. :) And hope you all enjoy the chapter! The video on the side is of the extra credit dance. :) Also I don't own that video! It's from the movie Step Up Revolution. 
Also does anyone know how to post pictures on the side anymore? It won't let me do that, and I want to post Sage's prom dress for you all to see. If you could possibly help message me!
And this is dedicated to highlarioushailey for being so supportive and super helpful. :) Thanks! 

Chapter thirty-nine

I don’t know if it was because he’d been sleeping or if it was because he was confused, but the look he gave me was almost enough to make me sprint back to the elevators and go running from the lobby and back to my car.

“What?” Nate breathed. Ok, I’m hoping he’s just confused.

“I thought about everything and had an internal argument with myself…but I know that I had to make a decision. I can’t just keep stringing both you and Aaron along. After thinking about both of you, and my feelings for a long time, I finally made a decision.” I said in a rush just trying to get everything over with. “I choose you.”

“You’re not playing some mean joke on me are you?” He said with a partial laugh.

I laughed with him before shaking my head. “No, I’m not kidding.”

His lips broke out into a huge grin before he cupped my face in his hands and pulled me to him to kiss me.  I could feel his grin through the kiss, which made me smile in return.

After a few seconds he pulled away still smiling. “So does this mean you’re my girlfriend, or do I still have to ask?”

I laughed before lightly shoving his shoulder. “You still have to ask, dork.”

“Fine.” He groaned as if it was some tedious task. “Sage? Will you be my girlfriend?”

Well two of us can joke around here. “No.” I said shaking my head. His mouth opened in mock shock. “Fine.” I groaned mimicking him. “If I have too.”

I smiled before he kissed me again.

“Wait.” He said pulling back. “You drove all the way here late at night to tell me this?” He said with a faint grin.

“I couldn’t sleep…and I wanted to let you know as soon as possible.” I said blushing.

“Thank you.” He said pushing some of my hair behind my ear.

I smiled and kissed him again.

*******************

Thursday finally came around and Kalina and I had prepared everyone for our extra credit dance.

We’d debated on asking the restaurant for permission before we started dancing but decided that wouldn’t be as much fun.

There were two groups of us; half of us were sitting at a huge table while the other group was split up among smaller tables.

Hailey was sitting across the room getting ready to push play on the boom box with Zane and Nate, while Aaron was sitting by himself getting ready to video tape us.

I had on my simple black dancing dress that I’ve worn in most of my outside dances and I had black dancing heels as well.

All the girls had on black dresses, and all the boys had on black dress pants and black button up shirts. We also all had plain black masks with us as well, because in the dance in the movie they all wore masks so no one could tell who they were.