Albus Severus Potter and the...

By Florence-Potter

It's 2017 and Albus Severus Potter has to go to Hogwarts. He's excited, yet nervous. When he arrives at Hogwa... More

Chapter 1: On Platform Nine and Three-Quarters
Chapter 2: On the Train to Hogwarts
Chapter 3: The Sorting
Chapter 4: The First Days
Chapter 5: The Painting
Chapter 7: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 8: Christmas
Chapter 9: The Second Match
Chapter 10: The Diary
Chapter 11: The Cloak
Author's Note
Chapter 12: They all go to the Hospital
Author's Note
(Next book) Chapter 1: End of Holidays
Another Author's Note

Chapter 6: The First Match

2.3K 75 60
By Florence-Potter

The three ran across the stairs when they met Rose. “Going somewhere?” she asked.

Albus said: “Yes, now move, we're in a hurry.” She raised her eyebrow.

“You do know we have to be in the Defence Against the Dark Arts class in fifteen minutes, and you go all the way down?”

Albus sighed. “Well, I think professor Chubbs could wait, so move!” She didn’t move.

“Albus, It’s not smart of you to miss classes.”

Albus looked at her. “I really really don’t want to fight again Rose, come on!” She didn’t move.

“Come on. We have to go to class.” She said, and she grabbed his arm and pulled it upstairs. Tyler and Quinn followed her.

***

“Good morning class!” said professor Chubbs, when the class started. “Today I have a surprise for you! We’re going outside!” The class cheered. “Hagrid is going to help us. We’re going to learn about Gnomes!” she said excited when they were walking across the grounds.

“Hello there firs’-years, I’m Hagrid!” he grunted, and the class followed him to a large cage with ugly potato-like creatures.

“Ewww! What’s that?” asked Quinn, pointing at it.

“If you were paying attention you’d know we were going to learn about Gnomes, so you’d guess it’s a Gnome, Quinn” snapped Rose.

“This is a Gnome, they’re a fair pest, they are. We’re going to see how to get rid of these plant-eating lads.” Said Professor Chubbs. “You grab it tightly at his legs, like this” she had taken out a Gnome and held both feet in one hand. The Gnome was wriggling in her chubby hands. “Then you swing it, and release it. They become dizzy, and run away. Their friends will come out because they are so dumb.” She swung the Gnome, and released it – it flew over the first-years heads. “Now, you can make pairs – and try yourself. Watch out with the swinging!” she finished, and Albus immediately stepped towards Tyler.

“Fine. I’ll go with Rose.” Quinn said. They were busy swinging Gnomes the full hour, and then they went off to the greenhouses, where they’d have Herbology.

“Morning class.” Said Professor Longbottom (though Albus preferred to call him Neville) and they all stood next to the long table. “Today you can just learn from your books, Miss Weasley, I got you a new one, as you’ve finished the first book.” He handed Rose a new  book.

***

As the weather turned colder, the lessons became more interesting. Hallowe’en was that very day, and this Sunday Albus was exploring the corridors again, with Tyler, Quinn and Rose (who wouldn’t leave them alone).

“Albus, I’m asking you, how is it your this good at Potions! You have made a perfect potion, again!” said Rose, and Tyler sighed.

“it’s Sunday Rose, come on. He’s better than you in one class, is that a problem?” Rose rolled her eyes.

“Two! You’re the best at Charms too! Our levitating lesson, you succeeded at once! And Lumos! I’ve tried it dozens of times, and you succeeded at once! Explain, how is it, you never take a look in your books and sti-” she began.

“Rose! Leave it!” snapped Albus.

she sighed, and said: “I’ve got to make my Potions essay.” She walked off.

Albus turned to Quinn and Tyler. “Why is she so annoying? Was her mother like that too?” he asked, and both shrugged.

“Let’s go to the kitchens again, I want to talk to Micky and Winky.” Tyler said, and they ran down the stairs.

***

“Hey Micky!” said Quinn excited, as they entered the kitchens (which smelled very sweet, because of Hallowe’en)

“Miss Quinn! Mr Tyler! Mr Potter!” he shrieked, and Winky came running in with a tray of sweets.

“I have some Hallowe’en sweets for you, my friends!” she squealed, and Albus smiled. The house-elves were busy with a lot of sweets.

“So Micky, how is it to work in these kitchens?” asked Quinn.

Micky said: “Well, we get one Galleon a week! We do have to work with Christmas but that’s alright.” Tyler gasped.

“You work with Christmas? But that’s insane!”

Micky laughed. “No! Micky likes to work.” Albus smiled at him, when a painting occurred to him.

“What’s that?” he asked, pointing at a red bird in the painting.

“That’s a phoenix, Mr Potter!” squeaked Winky. “They’re amazing creatures. Very loyal. Their tears are healing. Hard to find. Mr Dumbledore had one. Very pretty. Died because he swallowed some curse.”

Albus gasped. “Dumbledore had one?” Winky nodded.

“Yes. Yes he did. I heard he has saved your father once. Amazing creatures they are.” Albus looked at the painting.

“Aren’t phoenixes immortal?” he asked. Winky shrugged.

“I don’t know. I know things about the castle, not much more.”

Micky said: “I’ve been into the forest once. Scary there” Quinn gasped.

“The Forbidden Forest? Why were you there?” she asked

“I got lost. Then I got here. I fled from my old master. He threw a shirt at me. Then I was free, but he didn’t want me to be free. So I fled.”

Albus said: “So, He might still claim you?’ Micky shook his head.

“No. They can’t. I think. A house-elf can serve everyone then, but not officially.”

A very big elf suddenly roared: “We have to get the sweets done in half an hour, stop the tea!” Albus jumped up.

“Do you want us to help?” Several elves stared at him.

“H-help us?” squeaked Micky, and Albus nodded.

“Yeah” agreed Quinn.

Tyler jumped up too, and the big elf said: “Well, you could- erm, help with the dishes?”

Albus hurried towards the table with pans and pots, started the tap and started to wash the pots, pans and plates. Quinn and Tyler followed shortly. All the elves were busy working hard (and so were the three) when the door croaked open.

“Mr Potter? Mr Wood? Miss Rivers?! What are you doing here?” It was McGonagall.

Albus spun around and stuttered: “We wanted to help the elves. They’re our friends, you see.” McGonagall looked stern.
“You have ten seconds to leave. This is a job for elves Mr Potter.” Albus didn’t move.
“No.” he managed to say, even though he knew he would have trouble.

“Mr Potter, if you don’t leave, I’ll give you detention during the feast.” Albus still didn’t move, then turned around towards his washing.

“Mr Potter, I have to give you three detention. And I will take ten points from Gryffindor. Each.” Tyler and Quinn went on with the dishes too. “Fine then. You will have detention tonight. House-elves, hurry up, the feast starts in ten minutes. Potter, Wood, Rivers, come with me.”

Albus rubbed his plate, when a picture of his father came to his mind. “Albus, you always have to listen to Professor McGonagall. You don’t want to cross her, believe me.

Albus put his plate down and walked towards McGonagall.

Quinn gasped: “Al!” Tyler followed, and after mumbling some Muggle swears Quinn followed too.

“There Mr Potter, you will have detention with one of the teachers. I’ll see who has time.”

She walked towards her office, and the three followed her, when they met Rose, who said: “Got yourself in trouble? I told you not to go out all the time.” Albus ignored her.

McGonagall seated them in her office, and then said: “Stay here.” She walked off.

“I can’t believe we’re getting into trouble for helping the elves.” Said Tyler, when McGonagall was gone.

“I feel so bad for the elves. We should treat them all on something good once.” Said Quinn, when McGonagall entered the room again.

“I believe I have no choice, then to put you in detention with Hagrid.” She said, and Albus tried hard not to smile. Hagrid would make it something fun.

***

That evening McGonagall led them towards Hagrid’s hut, where he was standing with a large lantern, as though he would be going somewhere.

“Hello there, got yerself in trouble yeh did?” he grunted, with a smile on his face.

“Yes. Now, I’m going to the feast.” Said McGonagall, and she left them with Hagrid.

“Are yer comin’ with meh?” he asked, and Albus said bewildered: “Are we going somewhere?” Hagrid chuckled. “Yeah. We’re going to go into the fores’” he said, gruffly.

“Th-the forest?” stuttered Quinn, and Hagrid nodded.

“But, that’s dangerous!” exclaimed Tyler. “Not when yer with meh.” He answered, and walked towards the forest.

“What are we going to do in the forest?” Albus asked curiously.

“Just check on some stuff. Make me daily roun’” He answered, while Quinn and Tyler exchanged looks.

“I wish we could go on adventures like my dad’s done.” Albus said, and Hagrid chuckled.

“Yeh have ter search for ‘ventures at Hogwarts.” He grunted.

“Really?” Albus asked.

Hagrid nodded, and then he asked: “Yeah. Hey, what did yeh actually do ter get yerself in detention on Hallowe’en?”

Quinn, (who was walking next to Hagrid) said: “We helped the house-elves with the dishes, and McGonagall came in and she said that it was House-elves work and that we had to stop, and then Albus protested, and then she got really angry, and then Albus gave in, and then we came here.”

Hagrid chuckled. “Now, I’m going to make me round, yeh have to stick ter me. Okay? Stick ter me!”

He walked faster and stopped here and there to look around. After half an hour or so he (and the three) went back to Hagrid’s hut.

“Come. Yeh want some tea?” Albus nodded and they sat down at his table.

“Now. How was yer week?” he asked.

Albus said: “Well, Rose has been reading all the time, and she hasn’t been very nice to us, and -” but Hagrid interrupted him. “Oh well. She’s a lot like her mother then.”

Albus sighed, and then smiled and said: “I’ve met my namesakes, in a painting.”

Whatever Hagrid expected to hear, it wasn’t this, he gasped and whispered: “Albus Severus. You saw Dumbledore and Snape!”

Albus nodded, and said: “They’re amazing. I wish they were still alive.” Albus swore he could see a tear in Hagrid’s eye.

***

The next day Quinn was gone for Quidditch try-outs. Tyler and Albus were exploring the corridors again.

“I want to find an adventure, you know, I wish we could find out more about my grandparents and father.” Albus said, and Tyler said: “I suppose we could go to the library?”

Albus sighed. “No. We need a place where we can find out everything. We could also go to my grandparents’ old house! Or ruin now. We would need to find a way to travel there.”

A loud rumbling in the distance stopped Albus from walking.

“What is it?” Tyler asked, and Albus looked sideways.

A door had appeared.

“Don’t go inside Al.” Tyler said.

Albus rolled his eyes and said: “Why not? We should go inside.” He looked at the clock and then said to the door.

“We’ll come back later, Quinn’s probably waiting for us.” The door dissolved, but Albus didn’t notice, as he was running after Tyler.

***

When they walked inside the common room Quinn jumped towards the two.

“I got in! I’m one of the new Chasers! I get to work with your brother and cousins!” she yelled, and Albus hugged her happily.

“Come on, let’s go to the kitchens I want to –” Tyler started, but Albus said: “Oh right! I wanted to ask my grandmother Weasley if she would want to make new jumpers for Winky and Micky!”

He hurried out of the portrait hole, quickly followed by the other two. He ran across the halls and grounds towards the owlery.

“Sniffles!” he yelled, and the tawny owl appeared. “Bring this letter,” he said, while finishing off his letter, “to Grandma Weasley at the Burrow.” He stroked the owls feathers and waited for him to fly off.

As he flew off, Quinn said: “Let’s go to the kitchens now then, I want sweets.”

They hurried outside, and ran off towards the kitchens.

“Micky! Winky!” Albus yelled, when they entered.

“Albus Potter and his friends!” yelled Winky, and Micky appeared quickly.

“I’ve saved Hallowe’en sweets for you!” he yelled, and ran towards a closet and pulled out a huge box.

“Help me will you?” Micky said, and Quinn grabbed the box and took it towards their usual tea-spot.

“Don’t you want sweets?” Quinn asked them, and even though they said not, Micky’s eyes told the three he did.

“I want you to have some. I can’t really order you though.”

Micky grabbed a chocolate frog without thinking. Winky took a pumpkin pasty.

“We should go to that room again.” Albus said

Quinn asked: ”Room?”

Tyler shook his head. “No. I don’t think so.”

Albus sighed. “Please?”

Quinn looked from one to another.

“This room appeared and I want to go there again.” said Albus.

Quinn’s eyes widened.

“Okay. We’ll go. Come on Tyler, we’ll go together!” she said, and Albus hurried out of the kitchens.

“This way. Okay door, you can appear now.” They waited. Nothing happened. “Appear.” Still nothing.

Tyler said: “Hey Albus, I need to go to the bathroom, so if you don’t–” The rumbling was there again and the door appeared.

Tyler opened it and said: “It’s a bathroom! I’ll be right back.”

He went inside and Quinn said: “So you wanted to show me a boys bathroom?”

Albus looked serious. “No. We didn’t know what would be inside. I mean, I didn’t expect it to be a –”

Tyler had reappeared. “Okay. I’m done. Now we know it’s just a bathroom, which did appear exactly at the right time, we don’t need to go there anymore.”

Quinn looked puzzled. “But – isn’t it weird that it appears just when he needs it?” she said, and Albus shrugged.

“Maybe it was coincidence.”

Quinn shook her head. “I don’t think so. We need to need something new. To test it.” She said.

Albus shrugged, and said: “Erm, okay, we need to find out more about my grandparents?” Nothing happened.

“Nope, It’s just a bathroom that appears when you need it badly.” Quinn figured, and Albus nodded.

***

At the end of November the first Quidditch match was. Quinn had been training badly, and Albus had enjoyed watching her. As he and Tyler walked towards the stands he saw Quinn, with a borrowed broomstick over her shoulder.

“Now, rules have been discussed, blah blah let the match, begin!” Madam Hooch yelled, and she opened a box and threw the Quaffle in the air.

“Go Quinn!” Albus yelled, as she had immediately snatched it, and hurried towards the opposite hoops, the ones from Ravenclaw. She really was a good flyer, even on an old Cleansweep One.

“Gryffindor’s new Chaser, first-year Quinn Rivers is a really good flyer, she hurries towards the hoops, but she’s being followed by Ravenclaw beater Mike Boot! He aims at the Bludger, but Quinn avoids it, she aims and scores! Ten points to Gryffindor! The Seekers seem not to have found the Snitch yet, but – Quinn’s at the hoops again? She aims again, Another ten points to Gryffindor, they lead Ravenclaw twenty now. She throws the Quaffle to James Potter, who aims, but misses – however Quinn has caught it again! If Gryffindor would have her on a Firebolt or the new model, a –” The Gryffindor girl, Frederique Jordan, started.

Professor McGonagall interrupted her: “And she scores again! Jordan, this is not an advertisement. You have to keep at the game!”

“Oh, right, the Ravenclaw Chaser, Sacha Goldstein has taken the Quaffle towards the other end, where Gryffindor keeper, Fred Weasley is waiting for him. Goldstein aims, but misses as Fred stops it and throws it at Chaser James, who throws it to Quinn, who scores again, Gryffindor is currently leading with forty to zero, come on Ravenclaw!” She continued, when Albus heard a voice.

“Enjoying your friend, Potter?” Ervin asked, and Albus spun around.

“What do you want?” he asked

Ervin said: “Nothing, even though I don’t get why half the Gryffindor team is made out of Weasleys and Mudbloods.”

Albus looked at him: “Shut up.”

“Haha, you’d think they’d –” he started, but Tyler said: “We’re winning, you idiot.”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Oh, sorry, you blithering idiot.”

“You- you’re just, I – Hey look! It seems the Ravenclaw Seeker spotted something!”

Albus turned back to the game. Gryffindor had a hundred points already, but Ravenclaw Seeker Annabeth Grace was racing across the field.

Quinn scored again, and the Gryffindor Seeker yelled something at the other Chaser, whom Albus had forgotten the name.

“Go Quinn!” he yelled, and she scored one more time.

The Ravenclaw beater seemed to hate her winning, and aimed the Bludger at her, which by the loud thump had found its target. Quinn had lost her balance, and was hanging on her broom balancing on one leg that was over her broom, the rest upside down.

“Quinn is hanging upside down, she might fall soon, and it seems that the Ravenclaw beater takes his chance to beat a Bludger at her, but – Gryffindor’s keeper, Fred Weasley, is flying towards the Bludger, and just before it hits Quinn he comes in between, and it seems his arm is broken. He helps the girl up, and in the meantime James has scored again! Gryffindor now has a hundred and thirty points, whereas Ravenclaw has zero. If and I say if Gryffindor manages to score three more times, it doesn’t matter if the Ravenclaw seeker catches the Snitch. Gryffindor Seeker is busy yelling things at Fred now, I can’t make out what though, Quinn scores again! Ravenclaw Chaser Sacha Goldstein has intercepted the ball and is now flying towards injured Fred, but James pushes him away and catches the Quaffle. He hurries to the other side, Quinn next to him, aims, and scores! One more goal to go and then it doesn’t matter if Ravenclaw catches the Snitch. However, Annabeth is really close to the Snitch now, but the Gryffindor Seeker still doesn’t want to try to catch the Snitch. The Ravenclaw Chasers are trying hard to take the Quaffle, but James and Quinn are a really good team, and it seems they are about to score, James aims, he throws, and Annabeth has caught the Snitch right after the Quaffle went through the hoop! GRYFFINDOR WINS!” Frederique finished, and the teams landed on the ground.

Albus hurried down towards Quinn and hugged her.

“You’ve done amazing!” he yelled, and Fred said: “Yeah, you were really good. Now I’m going to Madam Pomfrey, for this stupid arm.”

“Thanks guys, and you especially Fred, thanks.” She said, and then they walked out towards the common room.

“To Quinn!” James yelled, and everyone cheered. “You did really well, Quinn. Now, I’m going to talk to McGonagall if you can have a Firebolt or a Supreme” he walked off when Quinn turned to Albus.

“It was awesome. Want some pie? This whole party is fun.” Albus smiled at her.

“Come on, let’s find Tyler and get out of here.” She said, and Albus looked around to see Tyler looking at the team jealously.

“Oy! Tyler? What’s the matter?” he asked him, and Tyler said: “It’s just –” but he couldn’t finish, because two people came in, yelling at each other.

“You weren’t busy with the game, Pete! If we hadn’t found Quinn we’d have lost!” James yelled at Gryffindor’s Seeker, Pete.

“Listen, I was busy correcting all your faults and if I hadn’t –”

“Then you would’ve caught the Snitch! I’m going to talk to Madam Hooch to have you thrown out. We should have a better Seeker than you.” James snapped, and he walked towards Quinn.

“I’m sorry, McGonagall said you can’t have a Firebolt or Firebolt Supreme. Can you buy one yourself?” he asked, and Quinn shook her head.

“My parents can hardly afford Hogwarts, let alone buy me a broomstick. I’m sorry.” James looked disappointed and walked off.

“Let’s go” Quinn said to Tyler and Albus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 228 32
Harry, Ron and Hermione have had their time at Hogwarts.Now it's time for their children to attend this phenomenon wizarding school.From Rose's point...
950K 27K 42
A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION BOOK ONE ❝Lucy wasn't sure of many things. She wasn't sure exactly when she'd discovered she was a witch. She wasn't sure...
29.1K 1.3K 49
Albus and the others are back to Hogwarts in their sixth year! This is the Sequel to Albus Severus Potter and the Cloak of Wisdom. Go read it. I DON'...
84.9K 1.8K 62
Rose has always loved her family but that was until she became the black sheep. Upon arriving at Hogwarts her excitement to be there soon fizzles out...