Before You Go [N.H]

Per InesAbdallah3

When Lucy meets Niall, she was probably at her lowest ever. So much further down rock bottom. Niall makes it... Més

Before You Go - Preface
Chapter One: Saturday - Lucy
1.2 - Saturday - Niall
1.3 - Saturday - Encounter
1.4 - Saturday - Darts
Chapter Two: Christmas - Tree
2.2 - Christmas - Market
2.3 - Christmas - Lights
2.4 - Christmas - Traditions
Chapter Three - Night - Advice
3.2 - Night - Walk
3.3 - Night - Dinner
3.4 - Night - Changes
Chapter Four: Everywhere - Park
4.2 - Everywhere - Wales
4.3 - Everywhere - Outside
4.4 - Everywhere - Home
Chapter Five: Balance - Burden
5.2 - Balance - Lightweight
5.3 - Balance - Sharp
5.4 - Balance - Soft
6.2 - Celebration - Valentine
6.3 - Celebration - Homeowner
6.4 - Celebration - Football
Chapter Seven: Roommates - Temporary
7.2 - Roommates - Bonding
7.3 - Roommates - Dinner
7.4 - Roommates - Secrets
Chapter Eight: Fall - Apart
8.2 - Fall - Back
8.3 - Fall - Down
8.4 - Fall - Again
Chapter Nine: Roadtrip - Cemetery
9.2 - Roadtrip - Paris
9.3 - Roadtrip - Greece
9.4 - Roadtrip - Ireland
Chapter Ten: Stay - Up All Night
10.2 - Stay - Surrounded
10.3 - Stay - Home
10.4 - Stay - Strong
Epilogue

Chapter Six: Celebration - Promotion

1.7K 51 10
Per InesAbdallah3

Lucy's POV

All the way home, all I could think about is call Niall as soon as I get there! I had an unusually great day at work and I'm so excited about the good news that I can't wait to tell Niall! He's always been so supportive and I'm happy that I finally achieved something on my own.

'Hello?' I ask entering my house that wasn't unlocked as I left it when got out this morning.

Niall's laugh coming from the kitchen immediately relaxes me. For a second I thought someone broke in.

'Niall? What are you doing here? How did you get in?' I ask walking towards the kitchen. 'Jamie? What are you doing here?'

'I let him in.' She says casually.

'Yeah I forgot something here and I knew she had a spare key so I called her.'

I watch as the two are eating my food so comfortable as it's their own home. Sure it's amusing, but still, have some respect for my privacy! Yeah okay, maybe privacy doesn't apply to those two.

'I hope you're planning on restocking what you just devoured.' I tease them.

'Actually I was hoping we go grocery shopping together! We haven't done that since our trip to Wales.' Niall suggests.

'Aww aren't you two adorable!! You're already like an old married couple! Who the fuck looks forward grocery shopping? It's boring and annoying! I have mine delivered so I wouldn't have to go out!' Jamie comments.

'Mock us as much as you want, as long as you do the dishes after you're done! Seriously? How long have you been here? The sink is disgusting! It was clean when I left this morning! You know what? Get out of my kitchen!' I kick them out to the living room.

Jamie unbothered lays down on the sofa and turns on the tv. It doesn't surprise me since we used to live together. But Niall who, instead of following her, put some music on and start doing the dishes leaves me speechless.

'Niall, you don't have to. I was gonna do that!'

'It's okay, I always do mine at home. I get the frustration. I was actually thinking about doing them but you came back before I could.'

'What are you doing hanging out with Jamie anyway?'

'Aww, are you jealous?'

'Of you and Jamie? Please! You're not her type. More like worried she'll teach you some bad habits.'

He laughs and then asks, 'You seem happier. Consider you're coming home from work. Usually, you're neutral at best. Something happened?'

'Yeah! I got promoted!' I say with a mouthful of chocolate right from the jar that was sitting on the counter.

'Oh my god! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!!' He cheers, quickly rinsing and drying his hands before hugging me so tightly that he lifts me off the ground for a bit.

'What happened? What did I miss?' Jamie comes running.

'She got promoted at work!' Niall says almost sounding like a typical proud parent.

'At that job you hate so much? Yayy!' She replies sarcastically.

'I never said I hate it! I just... I don't know, it is what it is. A job. But even so! It's an achievement and I did it on my own! So I'm happy.'

'You deserve it!' Niall says.

Jamie shakes her head laughing, 'I'll leave you two to your celebration! I'm going home.'

'No, wait! Let's talk to the guys! Text Ro and Danny! Let's all go out! Niall, you don't mind right?'

'Of course not! It's your night darling. We can do whatever you want.'

Jamie goes back home to talk to the boys and change. Meanwhile, Niall and I spend some quality time alone before getting ready to go to the pub.

'Took you long enough!' Danny smirks as Niall and I walk into the pub clinging to each other.

'Yeah, we stopped on the way to grab a bite. She didn't eat after work.' Niall innocently explains and I can't help but laugh.

'Okay, people! Shots are ready! A toast!' Jamie calls out for everyone's attention. 'To my little baby-'

'I'm older than you!' I interrupt.

'Do you want your toast or not?'

I nod while laughing.

'So as I was saying... to my little baby, she's come a long way since she first started working. Granted she's only doing it because she needs the money, but she grew to care about it and now she's making great achievements! I know things haven't been easy, but it's been looking up lately. I'm endlessly happy for you and proud of you. To Lucy!'

'To Lucy!' Everyone cheers.

'I'll get the next round.' Niall says before going to the bar.

I watch worryingly as Ro hurriedly follows him. What if he tells him that he kissed me once? What if Niall minds or gets hurt that I hid that from him. There's nothing between me and Ro, never was, never will be. Why does Ro want to talk to Niall?

Niall's POV

'...And one Guinness and then one rum and coke. Thank you.'

'Hello mate!'

'Roman! What's up bud?'

'I need to talk to you.' 

'Is Lucy okay?' I immediately look at her to make sure she's well.

'Yeah. It's not that. Well, it is about Lucy. But she's okay. For now.'

'Oh wait, is this of one of those things where you turn all big brotherly and threaten me and tell me if I ever hurt her you'll beat me down? Yeah, you don't have to worry about that. I love her. I'm in love with her. I can't imagine my life without her. So no need to worry about that.'

'Okay... Then let me ask you this. How far are you willing to go for her? And don't just say you'd do anything for her. Really think about it. Because living with her is not gonna be easy. I've known her for years. And we have history. There will be times where she'll push you away. There will be times where she won't let you in no matter how hard you try. There will be times where you can't possibly be around her because she doesn't want anyone to be around. Are you ready to feel like she fucking hates you even though you know she doesn't but you can't help but doubt it? Are you ready to feel so damn powerless when you run out of ways to help her feel better? Are you ready to feel so fucking disappointed when after you thought you succeeded in making her happy again, she relapses and fall back into depression? Can you handle all of that? Really think about it.'

I take my time to answer, to make sure he knows I'm not taking this lightly. 'Yes. I really think I can handle it. I love her. I want what's best for her. Even when what's best for her isn't necessarily what's best for me.'

'We'll see about that.'

He walks away and I follow him with the drinks.

'What was that about?' Luce asks me in a whisper.

'Don't worry about it, darling. Everything is fine!' I reassure her with a kiss on her forehead.

'Yeah, but what did you two talk about.'

'You know just guy stuff. He really cares about you. He's just making sure I'm good enough for you.'

'And?'

'Yeah, I think I convinced him. Or I don't know. I hope so. He seemed content.'

'So that's all that happened?'

'What's with the interrogation?' I pull her away from the group because she's acting weird.

'What? I just wanted to know what he told you.'

'What are you worried about? Like I get you two are close. And okay he did says "history". Is that what you're worried about? Me finding out that you two dated? I thought we weren't gonna hide stuff from each other anymore.'

'I'm not... We never dated, we don't have feelings for each other. Never had. Well, at least I haven't. I don't know about him. But like one time he kissed me because I seemed lonely and he thought this would cheer me up and I kinda reacted badly about it. But I swear this is the extent of it.'

'Okay.'

'What, that's it?'

'Well yeah. What did you expect? I trust that you're telling me the truth. I'm not gonna be mad or jealous that a guy kissed you. We've all got pasts. It's not gonna change anything between us.'

'You're amazing you know that?'

'Thanks to you, darling!'

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

45.8K 1.8K 34
Louis is lost, stumbling in the dark with his empty heart. Then he meets Harry under the stars. Can he help Louis find his back home? Trigger warnings
538K 12.1K 66
"Completely in awe of you." --------- Amelia Moore is simple in herself, but her mind is complex. It doesn't take much to make her smile and she has...
3.9K 159 13
My life is just one big collection of poorly made decisions with depressing yet catchy music playing in the background. Niall Horan was one of those...
55.7K 679 25
[[[Fluff/Angst/Smut Fiction]]] Niall and Y/N, admitted their love for each other. But as their love grew stronger, A girl named Ali tried to tear the...