Can Dreams Come True?

By itssubu

what happens when your life suddenly takes a wrong turn ? what happens when you find out the people you love... More

Hello !
Not Again !
My Family
Let's Celebrate
The one with Negativity
Blurry days
Rays of sunshine
Moved on
Old is Gold
Welcome to Capital
Good things
It's a Yes!
Something New
The Storm
Stranger
Bitter sweet good bye

Dancing ,Puking and confessing

30 2 0
By itssubu

I was on the terrace enjoying the beautiful sunset. Since we got here all I did was to eat delicious food and discussed about how this place has changed from past 15 years. Rahul's parents were amazing. Their marriage was a love marriage that too inter cast marriage. The story of how Rahul's dad managed to convince Rahul's mom parents was not less than a Bollywood movie.

I wished I lived here. It was a very quiet peaceful place. No hustle and bustle. Just then Rahul's mom came and handed me glass of coffee.

"Thank you! I said to her while giving her smile.

"Like it?" She asked me.

"I loved it! I missed the place." I said while taking a sip of coffee.

"I missed you all. Specially your parents. I am sorry dear you had to go through it. Bhagwan maaf nahi karega jisne kisne ye kiya hai."  She said while wiping her tears with her duppata.

"your mom and me, we used to seat all evening here chit-chatting. While your dad and Vijay used to go for walk or do other business and you kids used to play here. Now look at you all grown up with all responsibilities. Those were good days." She said while sniffling.

I hugged her. Even I had tears.

"Ooh! Don't cry! Its almost 5 go get ready for the function" she said while wiping my tears from my cheeks.

"will you help me to drape my saree?" I asked her. My mom used to love dressing me up in a saree. She used to say it reminded of her childhood where they used to dress up and play. I wish mom was here today.

"Of course! Let's get you dolled up." she said. We both giggled like teenagers.

We went to the room. Aunty was just amazing. She kept on telling me stories about my parents that I didn't even now. She also told some stories about Rahul when he was a little child. He was so stubborn kid. I laughed at that. After couple of hours I was finally ready. I was a wearing a black saree and high heels and had put some makeup on. Aunty had help me to put my hairs into a side bun. Few tendrils were hanging loose on my face. She looked at me

"you look so beautiful. Kisi ki Nazar na lage." She said to me.

I grabbed my clutch and took one last look in the mirror. I also send a mirror selfie to Aarushi not because I wanted to click millions of pictures  but because I didn't want to be deaf.

I went outside towards the kitchen to grab some water to drink. Getting ready is a task. How do people do it every day? When I entered the kitchen Rahul's dad was helping aunty in kitchen chorus. They were laughing about something. When he saw me he looked startled and said,

"oh, my dear you look so beautiful. You just look like your mother when I first saw her. She would be your age at that time...."

He kept on saying some of his good memories of my mother. The words had hit a string. I had water puddles in my eyes. All the memories of my mother came flooding to me. Yes, she was beautiful women. He said I jut look like her. My dad used to say this too me every time. I couldn't control any more. I came out of my thoughts when someone embraced me into their hugs. It was aunty. She was patting my back.

"shush! Don't cry. It's okay. Aapne ku rulaya meri bacchi ko?" She yelled at him.

He came running towards me. He wiped my tears from my cheeks and he said "sorry" while catching his ears.

"No, you shouldn't... be sorry.. You are like my dad. I... I am... Sorry that I cried." I told him in between my little sobs and lowered his hands down. He hugged me and kissed me on my forehead. It again reminded me of my dad.

"And I thought I was your one and only son"

That was Rahul, he stood there with both hands crossed and looking handsome as hell. Wait what ?? He was wearing black formal shirt matching my saree. He had gelled his hairs to side and had trimmed his beard. He had a little smirk on his face.

"Now go before he starts to cry for removing him from my will." Uncle said to me. I giggled. I turned and wiped my eyes.

"Why are you crying? Why is she crying? Did you fall again huh?" Rahul said to me while looking at me from head to toe. That intense gaze was making me nervous as hell. No one has ever looked at me like he did.

"Stop it. Stop with the taunts. Koi kuch nahi bolega mere bachhi ko" aunty said while smacking his head and I mentally thanked her.

"mummy yaar. My hairs" he groaned and started to fix his hairs with his hand.

"Now go on before you both are late." Uncle said.

I bid them good bye and walked towards Rahul. I linked my one hand with Rahul's arm and my other hand was supporting my saree as I walk. We look like we were going to do a ramp walk. I looked at him and was going to say you looked handsome but instead I said "ouch" yes and once again I had stumbled upon the door frame. Stupid heels. Thank God my saree was still in place.

"What did I tell you about her being clumsy?" he looked behind us towards his parents. I smacked his arm. Well this was embarrassing. Without talking much. We went outside where the car was parked. Rahul unlocked the car and I took my seat.

"Do you want to drive?" he asked me

" I.. umm...I don't know.. how to drive." I said while fidgeting with my saree.

"What you don't know how to drive?" He face palm himself and continued

"well its better you don't drive! You know it's safe for you and also for other peoples and ofcourse car for too." He said while trying hard not to laugh.

"shut up Mr. Rude! I again hit his arm. "stop with your stupid clumsy jokes" I said with anger in my voice.

Just than my phone vibrated. It was a video call from Aarushi. I accepted the call.

" Hiiiiii" I said cheerfully.

"OH MY GOD! YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL. BLACK REALLY SUITS YOU. UGGHH THAT HAIRSTYLE IS JUST ON POINT." She said practically shouting at me and did a chef kiss thing.

"woah calm down Aari my ears" what I told you about me being deaf. Now imagine if I wouldn't have send her any pics.

"well I am just jealous that I am not there with both of you guys." She said frowning

"let me see let me see." That was Aditya who was trying to snatch the phone. "Ooh uggh my eyes." he said while making a disgusting face.

"Don't listen to him Trish he just being jerk" Aarushi shouted.

"It wouldn't kill you to say the word beautiful" I said to him.

"oh, shut up! Now turn the camera to my brother" he said. I flipped to back camera. Rahul was driving so with one hand he waved in the camera and wiggled his eyebrows

"Oh, you look stud bro!" Aditya said

" Oooh Matching !! You look good!" Aarushi cheerfully said.

"Thanx" Rahul said while winking at her.

"Chalo bye guys. I think we reached. I will call you later." I said and cut the call.

I adjusted my hairs and was checking my face if everything was proper or not. I did a touch up after my small crying session and was adjusting my saree. How do women wear this 24*7?

The only sound in the car was my bangles clicking against each other. I looked at Rahul he was looking at me. when I looked at him he immediately turned to face the road. I just blushed. Wait what? Why I am blushing? I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"You look beautiful!" Rahul said

"What? "I stupidly ask.

He just complimented you idiot. Say thank you. My inner voice mocked me.

"I said you look beautiful" he said laughing.

"Ohh uhh thank... thank you." I stuttered. Why am I stuttering. Stupid me.

Car came to halt. Rahul turned off the engine looked at me and said "let's go" and stepped out of the car. I opened the door and stepped out. I adjusted the drape of my saree and started to walk carefully. I looked up and saw Rahul trying to control his laugh.

"Anything funny you find here huh Mr.? "I asked with sarcasm.

He just shook his head and came near me. He took my hand and linked in his arm. Then he did the most intimidating and cliché thing in the world. He took a strand of my hair and placed it at the back of my ear.

"I like your jhumkas. They suit you" he said and started walking.

I didn't said anything. I just kept on walking trying not to fall flat on my face. The place was beautiful. Music was blasting and small lights were flickering. It was open ground function. There were thousands of people chatting, laughing and dancing. There was large stage setup where bride and groom where standing and welcoming guests and clicking pictures. To our left there was an alley Which led to food court. Only reason I like to go to wedding.

Rahul told me to wait here, he said he will be back in minutes. So, I went near the stage where the seating arrangements were made. The surrounding was really beautiful. Every nook and corner of the ground was decorated with flowers and lights. The stage where the bride and groom where standing was beautifully wrapped with silk cloth, garlands and lights. In the back name of bride and groom where carved in the heart. They both look gorgeous. I was practically ogling the brides saree. It was just beautiful. I bet it was heavy and I wondered how is she standing with those heels with smile plastered all over the face. In my wedding I am definitely wearing a sport shoe. That fantasy was erased by my mom's angry face. She would have killed me.

My thoughts got interrupted by someone tapping my shoulder. I turned back to see who it was. There stood a handsomely looking guy showing his beautiful set of teeth with cute dimple. The dimple reminded me of someone. I don't know why but he looked familiar to me.

"Hi!" he said to me. Still showing this perfect set of teeth.

"Hello" I said stopping myself from staring at him.

"Trisha right?" He asked me. How the hell did he know me.

"ummm. Yes! Do I know you?" I asked him

"It's Yash, from NSC college. Remember we used to sit together for exams and made sure we pass." He said while laughing

"Oooh! Yash! Omg Its been years." I remember him. We were exams buddies. I never saw him in campus expect for exams or some practical's. It's really a small world.

"you look totally different! I seriously didn't recognize you" I told him the truth.

"Ooh I joined the gym and tada!" he said with fake surprise and started to laugh. "but hey you totally look same. I mean just more beautiful I guess." He said

"Thank you! Well I didn't join the gym so tada!" I said mimicking his style. We both burst into laughter.

"so, what brings you to Delhi?"

"Ahh the wedding. I am from groom side and what about you?" I asked him

"That's my cousin." He said pointing towards bride

"oooh congratulations" 

"well it was nice meeting you after years." We said and side hugged me. Just then I felt someone's hand on my waist. I looked to my right to see Rahul standing by my side. He was shooting draggers at Yash. To avoid more awkward silence, I introduced them both.

"Rahul this is Yash my college friend and Yash this is Rahul my...errrrr....... friend." I said with little bit of hesitation. They both shook their hands.

Just then a girl came towards us. She whispered something to Yash. She then turned towards us and gave a smile. I smiled back at her. "umm I need to go! Suit yourself and enjoy. once again nice meeting you Trisha. Bye" Yash said to us and followed that girl. I don't know why but I mentally thanked her.

Rahul's hand was still draped over my waist. I hesitantly removed his hand and looked at him to why he had pulled such a stunt. He removed his hand immediately and said "we should.... go uumm on the stage." He said stuttering and started walking towards stage.

I  followed him. We went and congratulated  the bride and groom. Gave them the little present  which was packed by Rahul's mom. We took a picture with newly wed couple and then started walking towards the food court.

The food court was arranged with different cuisine stalls. There was also  a mini bar open. We went and took our plates and filled with different yummy cuisine. Rahul helped me to settle on a table arranged and he told me he will back in a minute. I took a bite of my food and oh heavens it just melted in my mouth. It was delicious. Rahul came back with two glass. It had yellowish brownish colour liquid. He gave me one glass. I took a sip and instantly regretted it. It tasted bitter. "what is it" I said with my bitter face.

"It's a mocktail. I love this one. At first it tastes bitter but then it feels good. Come on drink it" he said while sipping his drink. He had no expression of bitterness on face.

I than drank more of the liquid stuff and I hate to admit it but afterwards it tasted good. We than finish eating and that's when I realize I shouldn't have drank that thing because all of sudden my stomach was making a weird flip.

After a while some girl I mean a really beautiful girl came and put her palms on Rahul's eyes blinding him. Upon seeing this my heart decided to pump the blood faster for no apparent reason. With her there were 2 more guys and 2 more girls. They shushed me to not to say a word. As if I knew them and I was going to shout their name. I mentally laughed at my silly joke. When Rahul didn't respond the girl gave up and removed her hand. When he saw them he shouted "you" Rahul individually hugged everyone. They were his college friends.

He then introduced me to each one of them. He said "This is Trisha my childhood friend". I shook their hands. It was so fast I couldn't remember anyone's name. Just one because his name was Aditya and the girl who blinded Rahul was Preeti.

They all talked about the past memories laughing and giggling and drinking. They then insisted Rahul for dance. At first, he said no but then gave up and started to dance. Oh boy! he got moves. Then one of his friend came to me and literally dragged me to dance floor. I said to her I can't dance at least not in this heel but she wouldn't budge. So, there I was dancing in my heels. It was fun we were laughing, shouting the lyrics and dancing. I took a break and went to nearest mini bar counter to take a breather.

I was watching everyone dancing. They all were pretty good. I was so emerged in observing others that I didn't notice when Rahul came and sat next to me.

"It's fun right?" he said while taking a sip from his glass.

"Yeah it is! And you should really stop drinking. It's too much." I said while eyeing his glass.

"oh, don't worry! Its only my 3rd glass" he said and drank the remaining liquid in one gulp. Since when did he started drinking?

Just than slow song started to play and everyone was dancing with their respective partner. Beautiful I thought to myself. After a while a guy came to me he was one of Rahul's friend. He asked me if I could dance with him. I don't know why but I instantly looked at Rahul. He didn't even look at me. It was like I didn't exist. Huh so much for mood swing. Well I declined that guy saying I can't dance, but he kept on insisting so I stood up and walked with him on dance floor.

He put his both the hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulder. "if your feet bleeds or you fall then that's none of my fault." I said in warning.

"Anything done by beautiful girl is no offense" he said with a smirk.

Oh, that was smooth. I Just giggled. We dance smoothly and I was glad I didn't fall or made him fall down. After a while I felt someone's eyes piercing through my back. I looked back it was Rahul he was dancing with that Preeti girl and once again my heart started to pump blood a little faster. When the music stopped I excused myself saying my feet were hurting. Well to be honest my feet were really hurting. 

I saw Rahul dancing with that girl and I couldn't just look at them. I ordered a drink and drank that thing in one gulp. Then I ordered two more but regretted it because now my bladder couldn't control anymore. I needed to pee badly. I started walking towards the washroom thank God I found one. When I opened the door, the smell made me feel nauseous. My stomachs made weird flips and I could feel the bile rising in my throat. After emptying my bladder and also my stomach I looked myself in the washroom mirror. Oh god that's bad. I washed my hands and did a touch-up for my bun and my sweaty face. I went near the dance floor. The place looked less crowded. Maybe everyone left. How long was I in the bathroom?

I too wanted to go home. I looked for Rahul and I spotted him near the counter drinking. Oh god he really needs to stop. From when did he started drinking so much? Last time I checked he said he was not an alcoholic person.

"stop it! And let's go home" I said to Rahul taking his glass from his hands.

"I was just waiting for you and let me finish this please." He said. He stumbled on the stool while trying to get up. God he was drunk.

"No! No more drinks. You have had enough and also I am calling an uber. Let's go." I said and tried to pull him up by linking my arms to his.

We were walking towards the gate where uber was waiting. He had draped his hand on my shoulder. I had wrapped my arm around his waist supporting his weight. He was wasted he couldn't even walk straight.

" Trisha. You you. ummm looked beautiful today. Like super beautiful. I like the black colour." He said in his drunk voice.

"Thank you" I managed holding him still.

"you know I wanted to dance with you but you took his hand instead of mine and that made me made me I don't know what that made. Where are we going again?" He said stuttering and my stomach dipped.

Oh, he did feel sad. He could have just asked me. So much for ego. 

"You know Trisha..." he stopped and looked straight in my eyes. "I .... I .... really..."

*bleeeeaaahhhhhh*

Before he could finish his sentence he puked right beside me. Uggh so yaak. He stood up and again looked in my eyes and said "why are you going round and round" and fainted on me.

 Noo please no. why me? why me? I couldn't handle his weight. Somehow I managed to hold him and put him the car. He placed his head on my lap. Oh no. My stomach was doing happy dance. His hairs were so soft that I couldn't stop myself from running my hands through it. I heard some mumbling. He was trying to say something.

"Tri....tri.. sha.... I...th...think I...am falling for yo....you." Rahul said and closed his eyes with smile on his face.

What! What! I don't know I mean shit! I leaned my head near the window. It's definitely the alcohol talking. It has to be alcohol. Cool breeze was hitting my face and I closed my eyes.

After a while I heard someone saying "Madam! Madam" I opened my eyes. I looked outside window. I could see the home. I softly patted Rahul's head he opened his eyes and upon realisation of his sleeping position he sat up straight.

"fuck! It hurts" He said while rubbing his temples.

I opened the door of the car and stepped outside. I waited for Rahul. He still couldn't walk straight. So, with my one hand holding my sandals I once again wrapped my other arm around his waist. We walked near our house. I looked at him and he was looking at me sheepishly.

"Rahul where are the keys?" I asked him

"Ooh right the keys. It's....ummm here...no here..." he said while checking his pants pockets.

Finally, he found them and opened the door. I lead him towards the kitchen and help him seat on the chair. I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. Rahul was sitting with his head down on the table regretting his drinking choices. I gave him glass of water

"Drink, it will make you feel better" I said and stood up to keep my glass in the sink. When I turned Rahul was right behind me. We were really close and that was making my heart and stomach to dance weirdly

"Trisha...uumm I ..." he closed his eyes took a deep breath and continued "I... I...."

*bleaaaaaahhhhhhh*

He once again puked and thank God this time he did it in the sink. Gross uggh. I mentally cursed hundredth time. I once again grabbed his waist and lead him towards his room. I am going to regret this by a having a back ache. With one hand I opened the door and dragged Rahul into his room and pushed him on the bed. I then removed his shoes and sock and put a duvet on his body. He looked so peaceful while sleeping. Even after puking his face was handsome like before. I was about to go but someone grabbed my wrist. Of course, its Rahul.

"Thank.... y...you! Good night" he mumbled and let go of my hand.

I stood there watching him for a while. 'serial killers watch people asleep' Aarushi's voice echoed my mind. I left his room and went into my room. Washed my face and let lose my hairs. I changed in to comfortable clothes and plopped down on my bed. A small smile playing on my lips. I let a happy groan and drifted off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are drunk confessions valid ? what do you think ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 127 27
It is popularly known that whatever happens, happens to be good. Whether it's going to happen or even it happened. And it happens like a blessing. Fo...
71 6 1
A school trip sets the stage for an unforgettable journey for nine children, each unaware of the thrilling escapades awaiting them. Among them, Abhig...
1.1K 83 50
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
29.2K 2.2K 23
A fourteen year old mystery is waiting to be unravelled. But there are some ghosts that should be left to rest undisturbed! Now, an accident threaten...