Secrets

By chocodropss

Most impressive ranking: #68 in cult A new school term had just begun and everyone felt positive vibes. They... More

Author's Note
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Epilogue
Author's Note

Five

252 82 9
By chocodropss

Hey guys, it's Amber again. How was the last chapter? Please give me your feedback. Not receiving any is really discouraging. Please remember to vote and comment.

"Guess what." She suddenly said and we all looked at her. "Temi wasn't with any of her friends the night of the murder." We all shared a look.

"So where was she?" Zikora asked.

"That's the thing, I don't know. She was seen talking to Kay Kay at about 5pm that evening. I can't say they were having an argument of any sort but they weren't really smiling with each other." Derin said, opening a footage from that day.

RVHS had CCTV cameras everywhere, except private places and the corridor leading to our spot. It was not that easy to hack into it,but Derin was good at things like this. She showed us a footage of Temi and Kay Kay having a conversation, after a while, Kay Kay stormed out angrily.

"So they were talking but it wasn't a very nice conversation. So Temi knows something and we're going to get it from her." The bell for the end of the siesta rang and we left the room one after the other to avoid being caught.

I got to my room and saw Angela preparing for prep. "Angela, what was the meaning of what you said today?" I asked after closing the door. She pretended like she didn't hear what I said.

"Angela I'm serious. Can't you answer me? What did you mean by someone is always watching?"

"I'll tell you but then I'll have to kill you. Some secrets are better left unsaid." She said, leaving the room. She really got me creeped out there.

I quickly changed and packed my things for prep. I wasn't the type of person to cajole someone into talking, I got to the study room, sat down beside Angela and began vto read. I didn't want to her to know I was scared to my bones. I began to study everything we learned in class and I did the homework we were given.

After studying for a while, it was time for recreation. I went to my room to drop my stuff on my bed, after that I left the building to the tree, where I always stay. I sat down, looking at everyone and everything.

How did everyone feel knowing that the killer of Kambili wasn't caught? How did they feel, knowing that her death was ruled out as suicide and not murder? Deep down inside their hearts I knew everyone wanted to know what happened that night, but they were all scared to ask questions.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I knew it was William talking. My heart started beating and I knew that wasn't normal.

"Um, hey! Aren't you playing football with your friends?" I asked him and he smiled, sitting down.

"I would have but you looked so lonely and I just felt like talking to you." He said and I nodded. "So what are you thinking about?" He asked again.

I contemplated whether to tell him the truth or to just ignore. "Well, do you think Kay really committed suicide?" He scoffed and smiled.

"If there's anything I knew about Kay Kay, it was she loved life. She didn't like hurting herself, she didn't even want to die. If it was possible, she would have lived forever, so no I don't think it was suicide. I know someone killed her but the question now is who did and why?" He said the last part quietly, his voice was almost breaking and I knew he was hurting.

I took his hands in mine and squeezed it. "That's what I keep asking myself too but the more I ask, the more I'm confused. Kay Kay would never hurt a fly. Yes, she was problematic but who isn't? She tried her best to treat everyone equally." I said with tears almost in my eyes. As if he knew I was struggling with the tears, he squeezed my hands and rubbed them.

"Yeah. She was sweet but a psycho." We stayed quiet for a while. I was about to talk when the twins stood in front of us, folding their hands over their chest and glaring at us. Ziora looked down at our hands and I knew she was about to make a stupid statement, I let go of William and I took both of them away, hastily saying a good bye.

We stopped a few meters from the tree, well after we were out of earshot of course.

"I thought you said nothing was going on?" Ziora said, glaring at me.

"Nothing is going on now. I was just comforting him." I said, trying to walk away from them.

"There was a lot of comfort going on there of course, so Derin is waiting for you. She has Temi, not literally though. She's keeping an eye on Temi." I nodded as we walked to wherever the twins were taking me.

"Hey guys. Hey Zara. I've not seen you throughout today, hope all is well?" I rolled my eyes as Anita asked, I scoffed and walked away from them.

"Wait now! You don't even know where we are taking you too!" Zikora said, chasing after me. I stopped and looked behind me, Anita was still talking to Ziora while zikora was walking towards me.

We followed the halls and we walked to the side of the school, Derin was pretending to be reading something on her tab meanwhile, her eyes were on Temi who was talking to one of her friends, Sandra.

"Let's go and meet her now nah and ask Sandra to leave." I said.

"That's what we're obviously doing. We were waiting for you and besides, Temi looks bored already. Seems like Sandra keeps repeating gist." Derin and I both walked towards them,  while Zikora stayed behind.

"Hey T. Can we talk to you?" We asked and she sighed in relief, well that's what I think she did.

"Sure. Sandra can you excuse us please. Don't worry, we'll continue later." Sandra nodded and walked away.

"So what's up?"

"Where were you the time Kay Kay was murdered?" I quickly asked.

"Zara!" Derin exclaimed.

"What? It's better we get things over with, no sugar coating please. So where were you?" I folded my hands on my chest. Temi wasn't smiling anymore and I knew she was obviously hiding something.

"That's funny. So you guys feel I killed Kay Kay or what?" She asked looking at the both of us and then she laughed.

"We're serious. We know you two had an argument, we don't know how serious but maybe something went wrong." Derin said, with all seriousness. Temi suddenly knew we weren't smiling anymore.

"Fine. I'll tell you why we were arguing, but I didn't kill Kay Kay."

Flashback

"Can you just tell him to stop calling me? It's getting annoying." Kay Kay said to Temi.

"Tell him yourself. You're the one who decided to kiss him knowing he was in love with you." Temi retorted.

"He's obsessed! He's not in love, can't you just tell him something that will make him hate me? I blocked him everywhere but somehow, he still contacts me and it's frustrating." Kay Kay said, rubbing her forehead.

"You'll just have to talk to him by yourself. He feels I'm an enemy of progress. Tell him you're not interested, simple." Temi said, folding her hands. Kay Kay saw that the conversation wasn't going anywhere so she groaned and walked away.

"It wasn't a major argument, so why should I kill her because of it. Besides, my brother has been devastated ever since he heard the news. Trust me, I didn't kill her." She concluded and I turned to where Zikora was standing.

Ziora was with her and they were both with Mide, I removed my eyes from them and turned to Temi.

"So do you know anyone else that could have wanted to hurt Kay Kay? Or someone she had a major argument with or unresolved issues?" I added and looked at her.

She looked like she was in thoughts and suddenly removed her glasses from her eyes.

"The enemy is closer than you think. Trust me, it's someone you least expect." With that, she walked away.

I turned to look at Derin. "What did she mean by the enemy is closer than we think?" Derin asked, rubbing her forehead. I knew she was getting really frustrated, it was like we kept meeting a dead end.

"That's what we're going to find out. Who's the next on the list?" I asked Derin and she opened the paper.

"Gift."

What's up people!!
How was this chapter? Hope it was good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 23 14
The small town of DeAthe, Pensylvania is the home to a smaller University, Brunsen and Lee Institute University *BLIU*. The town is on the cusp of th...
1.3K 320 24
Problems of a teenage girl become far worse than zits or a perfect appearance when she experiences a tragic event at a very young age, which scars he...
49.8K 15.2K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...
One by one By Hello

Mystery / Thriller

223 6 22
It wasn't very difficult to plan out my first victim. I watched them all day, studied their movements, listened to their conversations, and watched t...