Heart beats

By Don_is01

Life gave its worse side to Luna all at once, having to deal with her fathers failing health and their financ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's note.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Author's note!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 20

5.8K 201 29
By Don_is01

*Jamari*

"Dead this conversation Luna." I spat at her in annoyance before getting out of the bed.

"What is wrong with you Jamari?! Why don't you see where I'm coming from? You're being inconsiderate!"

I could hear her short self walking behind me. Gosh, she's pissing me off.
After my dads company's party, Luna didn't tell me she had an encounter with Janice, making it worse, Janice had made her research as any bitter bitch would, and now social media was booming with my name and how Luna is my cook.

Luna has not been taking it well, cos everyone wants to see what she looks like, worse, the story wasn't true, it just made Luna look like some thirsty girl.

"I just wanna do my own thing Jah! I've saved enough money. I don't wanna be some lame as girl, living off her boyfriend when she's healthy enough to do her own shit! "

"Stop it! Why can't you see it from my own point of view? Huh? I earn enough for the both of us. You don't have to be my cook no more, that's what you want right? "

"Are you deaf or something? I've been saying wanna establish myself in my own thing. I wanna get my own shit Jamari. I'm not a child, I don't wanna depend on you!"

I scoffed as I retrieved a bottle of water from the fridge, immediately gulping the content down. Luna's bickering has made me dehydrated.

"You're just letting these blogs get to you."

She was quiet. Surprised she didn't respond, I turned around and looked at her. Her eyes looked teary and angry, as she rubbed on her arm.

"I'm not your child, I don't need your fucking permission. I'm going home" she said before jogging upstairs.
Heaving a sigh I followed her upstairs.

"Luna stop. Come on baby let's just talk about it"
She ignored me as she continued to gather her stuff, preparing to leave.

I wrapped my arms around her, earning a hard smack on my left upper arm.
"Damn! Luna what's gotten into you?!"
"Leave me alone dumb ass! You don't care about me! You're ignorant about my happiness" her voice cracked as she began crying.

Women. It takes a lot of sacrifice to keep them sane. I care about my baby. Usually I'd be irritated by this fit she's throwing, but she pulls on my heart strings and I can't be mad for nothing.

Enveloping her with my arms, she pulled away and picked up her bag.

"I guess this is it. I hope you burn the kitchen down tryna cook you some breakfast."

"The fuck? You're so dramatic, damn."
The way she's starring at me with her bag on her shoulder, feet positioned with her toes facing themselves, teary eyes, this girl be acting a movie scene. What does she mean by 'I guess this is it'.?

"Grow up Luna"
"You don't want me to do the grownup shit I'm supposed to be doing, so there you have it. I'm gonna be the baby you want me to be! Did I come of too harsh daddy?"
She pouted her lips at me in a mocking manner, as she asked sarcastically.

Man, she's a handful. I rubbed on my forehead, starring down on her.

"I'm out"
"Whatever" I was starting to get pissed at the whole conversation.

"Bet"
With that being said, she left fuming. I hate it when we fight. It makes me paranoid as fuck. I just need to let off some steam. And I know where I can always feel better.

"Whoever it is banging my door like that better be ready for a belt smack on their face!!"

My eyes widened at my nana's statement. Believe me she doesn't joke one bit. She'd use that belt on you with no mercy. I got off the porch and maintained my distance. Sure enough, she swung the door open with a brown leather belt in her hand.

"I'm sorry mama, come on put that down. You ain't about to whoop my grown ass"

"Sure I wouldn't" sarcasm dripped her voice. "Get your ass in boy" she scoffed before opening the door wider for me to get in.
Sighing, I took of my jacket and sat exhausted on her soft couch.

"You abandon me when you get a new girl and when I had given up on you, just look at what the wind brought in. My grandson. Hm" she said eyeing me hard with a sarcastic smile.
The women I care about frighten me.

"I can't abandon you nana. You know I love you baby girl."
I let out a breath before reclining in her couch.

"I know that look. So its when you got some issues you decide to cone over. You need your ass whooped for that."
She scoffed and headed into her kitchen.

"I just feel she's just being intimidated by Janice ma"
"That's where you got it all wrong. She said its high time she got her shit together right?"
"Yeah"
"Why not let the girl be. Being in a relationship with you shouldn't stop her from discovering her full potential and live in the fullness of it. This relationship takes two and not one. Stop being selfish child."
Hearing from a woman's perspective gave me better understanding. I felt bad all of a sudden.

"You right ma. Thanks a lot. I promise imma make it right."

"You better."
"Can I have some more gravy on this?" I asked digging into my plate.
"Boy leave my house and go apologise to your girlfriend. That reminds me... "

I averted my eyes from my plate and focused on her.
"I should meet her soon. When I say soon I mean soon."

I swallowed my food, quickly downing some orange juice to prevent me fron choking.

"Heardju ma"

*Luna*

"Its a sign that we're not meant for each other. I don't care"
"Yeahhh, right. Explains why you're balling your eyes out. You so dumb sis".
Pam laughed hysterically.
Has she lost her mind? She's supposed comforting me.

"How am I being dumb?" I scrunched up my face unamused.

"Pamela be nice" mama B warned her before rubbing on my back to comfort me. She's the best.

"Your father's asleep, let's try not to wake him up" she warned before sitting beside me.

"Listen here Lu, you can't just call it quits when a little misunderstanding happens. You kids of these days know nothing about love"

"Preach mama" Pam clapped, smiling hard like a kid.

"Shut up Pam." mama B laughed at how Pam was annoying me.

"Just get some alone time, put yourself together again and talk things out. Y'all are gonna be fine"

"Exactly " Pam said. "Y'all are in love"
"We're not there yet. I mean we're not getting there ever, cos we're over" more tears ran down my cheeks.
The thought of my relationship with Jamari not working out felt like a stab in my heart. Maybe that's why I'm actually crying. I feel like a kid wailing for some candy.

Why can't Jamari just see where I'm coming from? I want us to work and all, but if he's gonna keep me away from what keeps me happy, then its over. No matter how hard it might be. I'm worth more than that.

"Alright let's all cheer up. How about we watch some movie? " mama B suggested. I was down for anything. Anything to take my mind off Jamari for the time being. I couldn't help but wonder if he was stressing himself over me the way I was.

He's probably with some friends, having fun, spending lot of money, being a jerk, and definitely looking real handsome.

We had watched tons of movies together, and my mood became better. Not that I had completely shut out the thought of Jamari, but I felt a bit better.
Pam and I were eating a lot of junk, we had to stop when mama B said we won't have some of what she'd be making for dinner. I'd behave for some nice dinner anytime.

"You're just being greedy Luna! " Pam whined as I scooped some more rice and beans into my plate.
She's just salty cos I was wise enough to get myself a big share of everything.

"Shut up Pammy. I haven't eaten nothing today. Let me live." I clapped back before continuing with my food.
My dad and mama B were caught up in their own conversation.

"You just tryna use this to get your mind off Jah." She poked out her lip in a mocking manner. "Too bad you'd be crying in your bed tonight cos that beds gonna be cold as fuck without his big self laying up with you! " she teased me, obnoxiously laughing before sticking her tongue out to me.

"What was that? "
My dad asked. Seems like Pam's loud ass caught his attention.
"Nothing daddy. What you talking about?
I focused on my food, pretending to be ignorant about what he was asking.

"Are you seeing someone Luna? "
"No dad I do not have hallucinations."
I quickly sipped some of my water to calm myself down.
"Little girl don't play with me. Are you dating someone that I don't know about?"

"Kirk, leave the girl alone. She's not seeing anyone. I'm sure you'd be the first to know of she is. Besides she's grown. She can do whatever she wants." Mama B came to my rescue. Whew! I owe her for that.

"Exactly daddy. I'm a grown woman." I said boldly.
"Mhm" he said eyeing me intensely before giving mama b his attention.

Pam was beside me, trying her very best not to burst out in laughter. She better not.

"Daddy was ready to throw the table over!" Pam kept laughing as we headed home at the back of an uber.

"Bitch shit up! You talk too damn loud I wasn't gonna forgive you if he heard more" I rolled my eyes at her as she kept on laughing.

The uber stopped at her place first, considering the fact that it was closer than mine.
"Aiit bestfriend. I need to go get my place ready, Xaviers coming soon. I gotta set the atmosphere just right for tonight" she winked at me before hopping out.

"I don't care"
"Jealous! You better make up with your man. Damn, y'all so childish " she said before shutting the door.

"Thanks" I told the driver. Heaving a sigh, I headed for my apartment. I can't believe I was gonna sleep alone tonight. I've gotten so accustomed to Jah's body beside me as I sleep. His arms around me, and the goodnight kisses.

Groaning, I unlocked my door. I paused when I noticed the lights were on. What the...
"Hey baby."
Jamari came out of my room. What is he doing here? My fave shows an irritated expression, but deep inside...yassss I couldn't go one night without talking to my baby.

"What are you doing here Jamari?"
I asked with a straight face. He sighed before walking towards me. He locked the door before holding my arm, leading me to the couch.
He pulled me to sit on his thigh as he placed his face in the crook of my neck, kissing on it.

"I'm sorry" he said, catching me off guard. I thought we were just gonna have another argument.

"I'm sorry for being selfish and not listening to your own desires. I thought you wanted to prove a point to Janice. Which isn't important. But now I understand you wanna do this for you, and I respect that. I'm your man, I'm here for you. I'm gonna support you and be there for you. Just tell me what you want".

I turned my face away to prevent him from seeing me blush. This man be making me feel weak and strong at the same time.

"I wanna take my culinary skills to the next level. I wanna open my restaurant."
I let him know while playing with his braids.

"Wow. Hearing that sounds dope as fuck. Whatever you gonna be needing, your man's here for you." He kissed my chin.

"I'm sorry to. For ranting and all that" I let him know while cuddling into his chest.
He chuckled before kissing my forehead.
"Its cool babe. I spoke to my nana, she got some sense into me. Plus I couldn't sleep without you in my arms tonight"

"Awwn. My big baby." I cooed, pecking his lips multiple times. "I was gonna cry myself to sleep if you hadn't come"
He laughed before placing his lips on mine.

"I got you some dinner"
"Thanks baby, but I had dinner with Pam, dad and mama"
He nodded before placing the food in my fridge.

"I need to get my phone plugged in"
"Where's your charger. I'd do it for you" I offered him.
We were getting ready for bed now. Jamari was already under my covers, while I was tying up mu hair.
"Uhh, I guess I left it in my car" he groaned while rubbing his forehead. He looked hella sleepy.

"Don't worry babe I'd get em." I grabbed his keys and headed out of the room, ignoring his calls for me to come back and forget about it.

Getting to his car, I quickly unlocked it and entered. I looked around for the charger. I opened up a small compartment I saw to check. Some documents fell out. I quickly gathered them up to put them back.
I halted when something caught my eye.
My father name.

"Huh? "
I looked at the papers, trying to figure out what they were.
"$450,000Payment for Kirk Dashawn's heart...oh my gosh! " I placed my hand over my mouth, pausing when I realized what it was.

"Did he?...was it...oh my gosh! " I blinked numerous times as tears trickled down my cheeks.

Sorry for the late update guys. Had to rush this chapter a bit 😩. Hope y'all like it❤
Excuse all mistakes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 16.4K 72
Celebrity life wasn't always peaches and cream with chocolate syrup on top. It was a nightmare, especially if you were the child of a celebrity. That...
17.9K 1.4K 60
Dior and Amir cross paths over and over again. Sometimes love seems inevitable, sometimes it seems meant to be, and sometimes things are just suppose...
3.9K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
13K 393 20
Stripper + mother Nairari is a single mother who works at the strip club to provide for her son and for herself. During weekends she's a stripper and...