A Woman In Hijab

By fann___004

This is about a girl who is too afraid to come out of her shell . She has gone through something that has put... More

A Fresh Start
A SURPRISE
AN AWFUL LUNCH BREAK .
PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
'THE BEGINNING OF THE ISSUE'
SPREADING RUMOURS
THE EYES
CAUGHT YOU
THE TRUE LEADER

A Good Muslim Friend

25 1 0
By fann___004

Chapter : 02

I thought friends aren't people who just help you and be by your side always they should also remind you of Allah (s.w.t) . So I thought will Fahmidha be that kind of a friend for me? My brain was running haywire with all these thoughts . That was when Faridha's turn came up .

She said ," I am Faridha fathima , my father's name is Rahman , my ambition is to become a good Indian citizen and spread harmony , democracy and secularism ." The teacher was quite impressed . She said ,"Quite a tough one huh , work hard and I hope you achieve your goal , and yeah dear what's your hobby ?" She stood up again ,"My hobby is art." She said and sat down again .

She turned towards me and asked ," how was it , Nawal?" I was like 'me....?' 

" It was good." I didn't want to jump right into this friendship without knowing her well , so me and my brain came to a conclusion to keep her at arm's length  .

The class got over and it was break time . I was walking in the corridor when I saw a few girls being bullied by the seniors , like twelfth class students . The seniors nowadays think that they are above all . I've heard a few even badmouth the good teachers . Who doesn't badmouth teachers , but everything has a limit .

Despite all , I wasn't brave enough to stop them or question them . Tell them that what they are doing is wrong . I've always wanted to be brave . But i always end up being saved , atleast I'm being saved .

I wanted to wash my hands so I can't go back I took the effort and walked towards the restroom . Itseems I caught someone's attention , one of the girl stopped me , my heart filled with dread as I looked at her with fear filled eyes . She was tall and scary , her face was caked with makeup that didn't look good on her , it looked like she was in a hurry this morning , my thoughts did little to ease my fear , as her booming voice brought me back to reality .

She asked me my name and I replied with my soft voice , she seemed to be having a bad day , she yelled at me "Speak louder , you dumb head ."

I know that I'm not the brightest kid in my class , but I'm sure that I'm not dumb .

I looked at her and said "Nawal ."

"Great , now which standard are you in?"

"Tenth ." I said .

"Do you know how to dance ?" She had an evil smirk on her face . Suddenly , her buddies seemed to like the situation too . They came and gathered around me . Wher are the teachers when we need them the most ?!!!

I was scared , I started seeing my future with an RIP , so I just said something that might please her even thought that's going to be a lie , I especially didn't want to be hit . So , I said , "Yes" .

"Then let's go to my class , you will stand in the centre and dance for a song with the best beat ." Her smirking face seemed evil and scary , it boosted my fear and I could slowly feel my vision starting to cloud .

My eyes were filled with tears . The Bully started pulling me , that's when I saw light at the end of the tunnel  , she was here to help me .
"Ragging isn't allowed here." I turned and looked , it was Faridha . My saviour , my knight in golden armour . My only friend . That's right , I'm going to be her friend .

She spoke again "You sisters keep forgetting that it's wrong to bully others . You do know that if I tell your names to our sports teacher and say that you're ragging and asking our school students to do Haram  things they won't be happy . And I'm sure that they'll be no less than mad ."  She had a smile of triumph on her face .

They let go of my hand and scoffed at her , for a second I was really afraid that she has gotten herself into trouble , but that did not happen .

The bullies didn't reply , they just got annoyed and walked away.

"Huh , see their pride." Faridha scoffed at their retreating backs . "Nawal , I hope you're alright ?"

I gave her a weak smile and nodded in response . I was really thankful to her for what she has done . It may not seem like a big thing to outsiders , but they have no clue about my past and what kind of stuff I've been through .

So , her help was something I was really grateful about .

She patted my back in a comforting manner , as if she can really understand how that felt . I'm not sure, but she looked like she did .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 65.5K 52
It was an unspoken rule for Misha Yousaf to stay clear of those creatures, to stay clear of men and boys alike. Coming from a conservative Muslim fam...
687K 55.3K 55
[wattpad featured story] For Rabail her entire world revolves around the ideals, traditions, and honor of her family, but fate brings her face to fac...
5.3K 92 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
97.2K 4.1K 19
It's a story of a common Indian girl, Nausheen. And yes, there's Romance. Nausheen is pampered as the youngest child in her family. She is very live...