Jack the Ripper

By Soul-of-a-dragon

It's been twenty years since Jacob, Evie and (Name) have freed London from the clutches of Starrick and his m... More

Prologue
Chapter One - Autumn of Terror
Chapter Two - The Unfortunates
Chapter Three - The Lady Talks
Chapter Four - Letter of Intent
Chapter Five - Prisoners
Chapter Six - Loose Ends
Chapter 8 - Family Reunion
Chapter Nine - Live by the Creed, Die by the Creed
The End

Chapter Seven - The Mother of All Crimes

215 6 0
By Soul-of-a-dragon

"Monster, you damn monster!" Was the only thing I shouted out as I saw the mutilated body on the bed upon arriving to the scene of the latest murder. My shouting must've caused an officer to come into the room, as I felt someone's hands on my shoulder and begin to pull me away from the scene.

"OI! You're not allowed in here!" The officer said as he restrained me by pinning me to the wall with his arm across my throat. I mustered up my best glare and saw him flinch from the intensity. If looks could kill, he would be six feet under by now.

"(Name)!" Evie shouted out as she ran over and pulled the officer off of me.

"Mrs. Frye! Get a hold of yourself!" Mr. Abberline said as he soon entered the room after, what I assume, hearing me shout out, only to see the officer pinning me to the wall. "Go go...Out." He said to the officer, who reluctantly left the room.

"Who is she? Tell me quickly." I demanded of the Inspector once the officer had left. My body shook in rage, eyes blazing with fury as my fists clenched together. My blood boiled as I glance back at the woman before looking right into the Mr. Abberline's eyes, demanding an answer from him.

"Tell you? By what right?! I am an officer of the law, I'm not a member of your secret organization."

"Listen to me... Jacob knows—"

"No, you listen to me, I cannot cover for you much longer. All the evidence points to your brother, your 'Order', you, even Evie... You need to deliver the Ripper's head on a spike soon, or I'm afraid there will be nothing to stop my men from arresting you or Evie in his stead."

"You'll have his head, even if it costs me mine." I noticed how Evie was quiet throughout this whole ordeal, while I was seething. "Who was she?"

"A young 'Unfortunate', by far the youngest at 25... Miss Kelly was found dead here at 10:45 this morning. Her throat had been cut and her whole head and body mutilated in a fashion which defines the word hideous." Mr. Abberline said.

"He removed her organs, her heart... even her dignity!" I said as I looked at the woman, her corpse nothing but defiled. "You want me to see you as she did... Imagine the terror she felt? Do you hurt women just to prove you're a man, Jack?"

"The kettle is still warm...That is a lot of blood." Evie said.

"What's this?" I begin to say as I noticed something on the door that seems to go with the markings on the wall when positioned right. . "Jack must have left these markings for us."

My gift to you, Miss and Mrs. Frye, and more to come unless you do as Jack says: Follow the trail of blood through the looking glass.

"Jack wants us to return to the scene of his first crime" Evie said after we both had a look at the message that was left for us.

"We will do as you say, Jack, until we find you and send you to your own special hell..." I said.

"What did you discover?" Mr. Abberline said.

"A message for Evie and I. The monster is going to lead us right to him, Inspector. We must return to the locations of the Ripper's first crime..."

"Don't let your fury blind you, Mrs. Frye. I would not lose you, too..."

"If I do die, Inspector, I will take the Ripper with me."

"(Name), you need to calm down before we head out. Your fury will only blind you from here on out." Evie said as she placed her hands on my shoulders, forcing me to stop walking and look at her, seeing the seriousness in her eyes.

"I...understand." I begin to say as I let took a breath to try and calm myself down. "But we can't let this continue. Just look at the latest victim. Jack took everything from her and left her defiled, all because he wants our attention for this sick game of his. I swear to you; I will take him down if it is the last thing I do. I will see to it that he won't harm another innocent soul ever again and that his reign of terror will come to an end, even if it costs me my life. At least I know he will go down with me." I took a few more deep breaths to calm down. With determination coursing through my veins and a fire within the depths of my soul to silence the Ripper once and for all, I knew that either Jack or I would come out of this alive. There is no way that I would let Evie fight Jack, she needs to see to it that my son/daughter returns to the same London we saved twenty years ago and that Jacob comes home. If anything were to happen to me, they will be ok in the long run.

"The Ripper will meet his end, Inspector. We will make sure of it." Evie said as I continued to calm down. I must not let my emotions get the best of me. The last time it did, Jacob and I ended up together, but this is different. Way too different from then. I must focus on what must be done and not let my anger get the best of me, or else I will make a mistake.

"Let's go to the murder scene and find what Jack wants us to see." I said.

"Annie Chapman was murdered near a cemetery in Whitechapel." Mr. Abberline informed us.

"We'll go there now." Nothing else was said as we left and made our way to the cemetery. It wasn't long before we made it to the first crime scene, only to find some of the Rooks guarding the area.

"They're bloody everywhere..." I could feel the anger begin to bubble but knew that I could not let it explode. I simply closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. 'I will not let my emotions get the best of me. I will remain calm and not let my emotions take over. That is what Jack wants, and I refuse to give in.' I thought as I felt around for some fear bombs to disperse the Rooks.

"Remain calm, (Name). We will deal with those men and then we can investigate in peace." Nothing else was said as we grabbed a couple fear bombs and positioned ourselves among the trees in places where we know they will hit our targets. I felt a little sadness and disappointment as I looked at those apart of something that was created for something good, to protect the innocent from those who would do them harm. Shaking my head and focusing back on the task at hand, I looked towards Evie and nodded my head, both of us throwing the fear bombs and scaring away the Rooks, letting us investigate the place in peace.

"Someone fought here..." Evie begins to say as we looked around the area.

"This is where Jack ripped the life from Miss Chapman's breast, the second victim of his hideous crimes. He cut off her ring finger...so where is the ring?" I said as we found a trail of sorts.

"Where does it lead?"

"Damn it...yet another one. Her Assassins ring must be here somewhere..." I managed to find Chapman's Assassins ring, only for a raven to pick it up and dropped it in its nest nearby. "Jack wanted to be sure these rings would be found..." I looked around and saw a message left by Jack.

What kind of creed cannot protect its own?

"This message was intended first for Jacob...The next victim was Catherine Eddowes, who was murdered in a small square close to the train tracks." I said after reading the message. 'Our creed not good enough for you, Jack?'

"Let's go." Evie said, and all I did was nod my head and we left the cemetery, making our way to the next victim.

"We must find where Jack murdered his other victim." I said as we made it to the next murder scene.

"That is a lot of blood." Evie said the moment we arrived at the cemetery.

"Signs of a struggle...This is where Miss Eddowes breathed her last...humiliated and degraded by Jack—he wanted to punish Jacob. You monster! You murdered every Assassin Jacob turned against you and your insane creed!"

"Where does it lead? We should follow these traces."

"Blood splatters...More blood splatter...Her Assassins ring must be here somewhere..."

"Two Assassin's rings... Jack murdered two women here, two of Jacob's initiates." We found another message from Jack, though it seemed to be targeted more at me than Evie.

How many more must die before you see the truth? P.S. Your husband didn't listen, so I gave him a double lesson. Your Creed failed them, as it failed my mother.

"Jack lived around here with his mother as a boy...that's where he's leading us. For Jack, only his mother's death counts as murder..." I said. Without wasting anymore time, we made our way to the murder scene of Jack's mother. The moment we arrived was the moment we got ambushed with a fear bomb, causing my mind to go fuzzy. "What?"

"I was born here, survived the madhouse and learned from the best, until he betrayed me. Come test your Creed against mine." I heard Jack's voice say. I looked around and saw not one, not two, but three Jack's slowly advancing towards me.

"Go to Jacob! Run, Jack!" I heard a woman's voice call out.

'The murder of Jack's mother marks the day that the 'Ripper' was born...and he blames my husband—blames the Creed for failing them. What's happening to me?'

"I should thank you, (Name)... Jacob inspired my acts by his treachery, but it is your meddling that inspired today's masterpiece!"

'He is inside my head...'

"Where was Jacob when Starrick's men gutted my mother? Where was he when they dragged me to the madhouse?"

'Am I losing my mind?'

"What kind of creed cannot protect its own...? AA dead Creed, that's what."

"Face me you monster!" 'Control yourself, (Name)'

"Jacob freed me from the madhouse, riddled by guilt... He saw something in me and made me 'Assassin'...but I grew—grew to see his weakness and knew what I had to do. The world will know my terror! Your husband squealed the loudest...With the Fryes gone, no one can stop me. Jacob begged like those pathetic initiates he sent to the slaughter."

I thwarted off all the clones, kicking and punching them with all of my might, only for the effect to wear off. With my senses back I saw that, I saw that I was not attacking Jack, but both Evie and a couple civilians.

"No! Please, please..." One of the civilians shouted out as he and the others ran away.

"Evie! Oh my god, what did I just do?" I looked at my hands and, for a brief moment, they were covered in blood. I quickly shook my head and looked at them again, seeing that they were clear of blood. 'Am I going mad?'

"What happened?" Disregarding Evie's questions, all I said was,

"The madhouse...Lambeth Asylum...Jack lures us through the looking glass." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 12 68
After Starrick's death, the Frye twins follow different paths. Evie goes to Crawley to handle some assertions of the creed with Henry, as for Jacob h...
6K 238 26
London has fallen to the Templars. Their rule has been so long that it has been more than a hundred years since the Assassins were driven out of the...
16.6K 483 19
Jacob Frye x Reader
78.4K 3.2K 69
When your mother suddenly goes missing a month after your tenth birthday, the {Your Last Name} Household start to go down hill. You being the y...