I SPY

By Runitback

His eyes meet mine, flashing a dark green, before he turns to look outside the track, staring at the clouds... More

Spy Guardian Angel and SASS Agent
Chapter 1-Chase me if you can
Chapter 3- Meet the Family
Chapter 4- Little Things
Chapter 5- Natural Beauty
Chapter 6- Lunch Time is Party Time
Chapter 7- Arianna's Story
Chapter 8- Back on Track Pt. 1
Chapter 9- Back on Track Pt. 2
Chapter 10- Work it out
Chapter 11- Man in the Mask
Chapter 12- Ride with Me
Chapter 13- Take Me Back
Chapter 14- Run with Me
Chapter 15- Purple Heels and a Death Threat
Chapter 16- Love Expert takes the Spy
Chapter 17- Heartless Trainers
Chapter 18-Doras the exploras

Chapter2- Keeping my Cover

2.2K 102 12
By Runitback

You guys! All the votes! Wayyy more than I was expecting:) It made me smile...So I wrote you a long chapter to say thanks

Chapter 2

"Chaaassseee!" I scream in a panic. "Chase, where are you, you little monkey?" I growl angrily at the distant sound of his laughter echoing around the empty room. That means...

"Aha! I found you." I sing cheerfully grabbing him by the ear.

"Owww Jul stop! You're hurting me." Chase whines like a three year old as I drag him out from under the bed, the first place I always look. "What's the big deal anyway?" He groans twisting out of my grasp and twisting my arms lightly behind my back before I can grab him again.

"The big deal? The big deal?! You put hair dye in my shampoo, that's the big deal, you idiot! " I glare hatefully at him frowning as he shrugs casually.

"Come on Jules, It'll come out in a week anyway. Why're you so upset?" Chase smiles reassuringly at me not even blinking as I twist his arms roughly off mine and pin them to the wall

"And I told you that I have my first day of school today." I grind my teeth together angrily as he slowly remembers, his lips forming a little "o".

"Aww Jules, I forgot. I'm really sorry." He sighs looking over my hair with regret before shrugging. "It looks hot though, don't worry. I'm sure everyone will love you...even with blue hair." Chase grins cheekily at me trying to make me feel better-it doesn't work.

"Julianne! Chase! Get down here now." I hear a loud feminine voice demand before stomping down the stairs miraculously not making a sound even on the creaky step.

Chase looks over at me with wide eyes before pushing me out of the way and sprinting down the steps as fast as possible making me gasp and chase after him jumping down a whole flight of stairs and sliding down the second railing. Risky? Yeah. Worth it? Hell yeah.

"Two minutes and six seconds-Julianne. Two minutes and ninteen seconds-Chase." Arianna glares up at Chase who shrinks away a little, unintentionally setting himself up for a lecture. "Chase, what is this? Fifteen seconds slower than last time!" Our boss steps even closer getting right in his face. She's pretty intimidating for a woman only a few years older than him.

"What'd you do,stop to eat a candy bar? Not acceptable. So thats fifteen laps for you. Understand?" Arianna finishes, fuming, her nose only half an inch from his and he looks so scared I want to laugh. For someone who once climbed a mountain without a harness this should be no problem.

He nods quickly his green eyes so wide I think they'll pop. "Well go on, Chase, why are you still here? When I said fifteen laps I meant now in get your butt outside and go do them! " Arianna commands, her brown hair brushing his face as she waves him off.

Chase nods again, his eyes darting over to me before he rushes outside almost jogging.

"Oh, did I say walk? No, I didn't think so. Run, Chase, run!" Arianna barks out and Chase immediately starts running, most likely before she- "You know what, just for that, it's thirty laps." She calls after him and he sprints around the corner and out of sight.

The moment he's out of sight she breaks down laughing. "Oh gosh, Jul, did you see his face? Serves him right for dying your hair blue the first day of school!" Arianna moans flicking her hair back and wiping away an imaginary tear. "Priceless. I love my job." Her bright blue eyes light up with mischief as we laugh together for a moment before getting serious.

"Alright, let's go get this out and then it's back to business." She smiles running a tan finger through my hair and heading to the bathroom.

I relax and let her fingers rub through my scalp, the blue dissolving all around my locks. She looks at me sneakily from above and I bite my lip in anticipation. "Soo Jule... High school." I look up at my boss in confusion and nod. "You gonna meet some hot boys? Cause if you do and they have a hot older brother you'll introduce me right?" Arianna grins down at me as I laugh at her joke. Like I could ever be with a boy. Too many questions, too much suspicion. He wouldn't know anything about the real me and I could never tell him... No, I think I'm better off without boys.

The door slams open and Chase comes in eating a Kitkat. "Hey Jules, have you seen my-" He starts, chewing before looking up and coming face to face with Arianna.

"Back so soon,Chase? You know you should really join the surveillance team. I had no idea you were so fast!" She smiles sweetly, a smile so innocent that if I hadn't known her for eight years I would've thought was totally genuine.

"Oh Arianna. Umm I was just ummm." I roll my eyes as Chase hides the Kitkat behind his back and swallows loudly.

"Yes, Chase?" She smiles again, this time a much more dangerous one before giving my hair one last rub, rinsing her hands and moving to meet him-blocking his exit.

"Kitkat?" He offers her the bar laughing nervously and she smiles, this time genuinely, before taking  and eating it. His face visibly relaxes and he smiles back for a second before making a move to leave.

"Aww thanks, Chase. Now come on, we have a lot of work to do." Arianna grins as he frowns, puzzled, when she starts whispering in his ear.

His face turns red then pales losing so much color I'm sure he could pass for ill. She leans back patting his cheek and he reluctantly follows her outside groaning as the cold morning wind hits his skin again.

Before he leaves he turns back around waving at me. "Bye, Jules! Have fun at school!"

"Bye-" I smile at him as he resists going out the door to glance back at me.

"Chase, out here now." I take that as my cue to leave.

 **************************************

"Remember if anyone asks, your name is Julianne Brent from Georgia and you are a transfer from Jackson High. You have a sister named Ariel and your parents are named Dominic and Leah Brent. Ariel is your older sister and you get along very well. You play the saxophone and like to dance but are shy about it in front of other people.

And don't forget the most important part. Keep Lanie Young as close as possible. Keep her and your cover safe. Understand?" Dominic finishes looking straight at me and I grin realizing I memorized every word.

"Ok I got it. See you, Dom." I get out of his jeep and look around in awe. Woah... So this is high school.

"Did you see what she was wearing?"

"Ewww get off me,Rick."

"Em, I swear I didn't. You're going to believe her over me?"

"Hey where you think you're going?"

"Come here!"

The voices swirled around me like an ocean threatening to pull me under, the words splashing around like a strong current.

"Hey watch it." My snaps up in surprise as the sun is suddenly blocked by a tall figure. Okay, not really but he is pretty damn tall-at least six three. His body presents an intimidating presence, but he's not nearly as scary as Chase can be, so I pay no mind to his anger. 

I raise my eyes slowly to meet his narrowed ones which are flickering like bright blue flames. He reaches out his muscular arms to shove me to the side, but I am a trained agent after all-much cooler than some teenage hulk. His eyebrows furrow in surprise and embarressment when I stay firmly grounded, rolling my eyes and examining my nails just to anger him. Did he really just try to shove a girl?

"Move." He hisses and I look past him at the trail of students backing him up and starting to complain that I'm blocking the doorway. A few are gazing at the situation with something like hope in their eyes, but it's hard to tell exactly why.The way they glance cautiously at the boy gives me the feeling that he's scared them a bit in the past.

"Come one,move you little-" Mr. I'm- two feet- taller than -you starts crossing his arms and glaring at me when I cut him off hurridly with a wave of my hand.

"Well, all you had to do was ask, hun." I smile innocently at him moving to the side and letting him pass as he scowls and stomps past me ignoring the laughs from bystanders. A few people are trying to muffle their laughter so that he will not take his anger out on them next. The crowd of students soon streams by me eager to get to their friends and I'm left alone staring up at the school.

It stretches up and out for what seems to be forever- eight hundred twenty eight meters to be exact. I can tell from my training. The bricks are a washed out,rusty red and the grass looks a little wilted but still... it's high school. For all the different experiences I've had in the past, here is a new one.

"You just gonna stand here gawking or are ya gonna come in?" I glance casually behind me acknowledging the voice belonging to the footsteps I heard approaching earlier.

A petite blonde smiles sweetly at me showing perfect teeth... and perfect everything else. It's hard not to notice her curly thick hair and the way her legs are curved and muscular. She cocks her head to the side slowly taking me in before raising an eyebrow at me smirking. "What's your name, newbie?"

"My name's Julianne. Is it that obvious?" I frown looking at her polished nails and she laughs, twirling a curl around her finger revealing purple highlights.

"What, that you're new? Just by the way you're looking around. My name's Macy by the way." I grin at her and she smiles back, her grey eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Do you have your classes yet?" Macey asks and I nod eagerly as she pulls out her schedule, shivering in the cool October air. "Woah! We have a few classes together! Nice."

"That's awesome!" I chirp smiling so wide my cheeks hurt and she giggles back happily still shivering a little in her short skirt and tank top...well no wonder she's cold. It's not exactly spring yet.

"Let's go inside." I smile sympathetically and she nods, skipping ahead of me grabbing my arm and dragging me to class while I smile behind her back. I think I just made my first high school friend.

She skips up the steps still chatting about which classes she likes and which teachers to avoid. I pretend to be out of breath when she slows down near the top because I don't want to make her feel out of shape. The stairs we climbed were pretty steep after all.

Macy darts around the corner teetering precariously on one foot before I grab her arm pulling her back up. She smiles down at me and I return it feeling happy as she starts back down the long narrow hallway pointing out important classrooms before stopping at a large wooden door. "Room 216-Mrs. Gia. Our homeroom." Macey grimaces, her face curling up adorably right as the door slams open making her jump three feet in the air.

I glance sideways at her putting on my best oh-my-gosh-Im-freaking-out-with-a-capitol-F face while inside I'm really bent over laughing at her craven attitude.

"Who are you, little girl? The new student? You do not look old enough to be a junior." The older woman bends to look at me still easily towering over me and frowns disapprovingly.

"Yes miss. I'm the new student from Georgia. And I skipped a grade." I lie easily and she stares at me in confusion. "Are you Mrs. Gia?" I guess smiling back at her politely, giggling to myself as her face turns from disapproving to shocked.

"How did you- Well,welcome to the class, miss from Georgia. Tell us something about yourself." Macy lets out a gasp as Mrs. Gia gives me a small reassuring smile and she turns to face her at once. "Sit down child." She sighs when Macy only frowns at her looking slightly confused. Mrs. Gia rolls her eyes, angrily, pushing Macy into the nearest empty seat before turning back to face me,her glowing brown eyes following me intently.

"Well my name's Julianne Brent and I'm from Georgia. I like to...run." I smile on impulse to distract people from my lies and turn to face the class as yawns echo around the room. Immediately Mrs. Gia whips her head around so fast I'm sure she'll get whiplash and narrows her eyes dangerously at them.

"Enough, you useless, spoiled children. You can't even listen for one second?" She scolds angrily, her long black hair flying up with her hands. Taking the chance to survey my classmates, I size them up looking for potential dangers. Other than the two boys with pocketknives in the back, it seems pretty boring.

I take in the uninterested once overs from the other girls and even a couple glares. Guess I wont be making too many more friends.

"You can sit with Macy" Mrs.Gia flicks her eyes back over to me and I scramble to sit before she changes her mind.

I smile over at Macy wincing when I see the look on her face. She scrunches up her little nose in confusion, her eyes crinkling slightly. " I can't believe you understood Mrs.Gia! No one ever knows what she's saying..." Macy hisses in my ear and I stifle a laugh at her awe... No need to tell her Mrs. Gia called them all spoiled useless children in Russian.

Soo what do you think? Yay? Nay? Let me know pleaseeee!It doesn't have to be a long comment just a baby one? I'm hoping for 15 votes till the next chapter. I think you can do it.

People say... why does she know Russian? She's been training as an agent since she was eight. In that time, she's picked up quite a few languages, or at least the basics.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.2K 2.8K 34
Tech loves the club and the sense of family it gives him but he wants what his brothers have been getting. Several of his brothers have met and falle...
Broken By Sara

Teen Fiction

225K 9.1K 171
"Clementine..." his voice is gentle, as though he's reading my mind. He searches my eyes, concern seeps through his features. I swallow the lump in m...
32 11 12
I picked up my phone and sat down on the edge of the bathtub before opening my messages. A single-lined text filled my vision. My heart lurched in my...
2.4K 583 28
[FEATURED BY @antiheroesgalore, and by @action as Book of the Month, September 2023] The black spandex suits and cat-eye masks were made obsolete in...