The Paid Mother (BWWM) ✔

By josie321

Jackie is a full time clown who lives to put smiles on people faces. Kevin Powers is a hard working business... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Soundtrack
What's next?
My Valentine (Bouns Chapter)

Chapter 12

18.1K 763 58
By josie321

Jackie

 When Max came home I was so happy, I missed him too much. After I was done singing with him, we both crashed onto the couch laughing.

 "I'm sorry, I didn't pick up today Max"

 "Where did you go Dory?" he said using the nickname he gave me.

 "I overslept and work up late" I said putting him on my lap and giving him a hug "I'm so sorry, I take you to school tomorrow and make you the biggest breakfast how does that sound?" I said looking down at him with a smile.

 "I hope that breakfast comes with two plates," Kevin said walking in and sitting next to us. I roll my eyes.

 "Only if you help" I answered.

 "I'll help!" Max yelled raising his hand.

 "Aw, you're going to be my little helper," I said messing with his hair.

 "Ok, enough about breakfast what about dinner?" he said patting his stomach to show he was hungry.

I glared at him "How about we go out to eat?" I asked looking down at Max.

 "Can we go to Willy's ?" Max yelled with happiness, Willy is a family seafood restaurant.

 "Sure I love that place I used to go there all the time"

 Max put his head down "I never been" Lifting up his head I said "Well that's about to change, Let's go"

 "Excuse me, have you guys forgot about me?" We both turn to see Kevin "And who said anything about going to eat, I'm the one with the money" he said putting his hands on his hips, it was so cute to see him get upset.

 "Fine" I said looking at Max and giving him a wink. I walked up to Kevin with the sweetest face I make I puff out my lips and turn my head to the side and showed him my puppy dog eyes. "Kevvvv" I said putting my hands on his chest "Can we please go to Willy's" I asked.

 "Oh no, that's not going to work. It's been 3 days since you haven't cook, and plus its Monday and that's when Josh's wife cooks chicken, not seafood" That's when my puppy dog turned into a mean bulldog.

 "Well, then why don't you go to Josh's house and go get your dam chicken. I don't need your money" I said pushing him out of my way "Come on Max's were going" I said going upstairs to change.

In the end, Kevin ends up coming with us. I don't understand why I was still mad at him. Once we got to Willy's Max went crazy it was a kid going to Disney World for the first time. The theme was like an underwater restaurant. The walls were like a huge fish tank with a bunch of underwater animals. The woman serves were dressed as mermaids well the men were dressed as pirates. Once we got seated Max kept naming different types of animals he learned in school.

 Max and I  were having so much fun, they give him his own eye patch and a pirate hat. Meanwhile, I was still not talking to Kevin. We order our food and started to eat, Max and I were playing with our food. They even make the food shape in different sea animals. After we finished eating all the lights dimmed down.

 "What's going on?" Kevin asked. A staged lighted up and music started to play.

 "Girls and boys, please put for fins together and give a big sea welcome to Willy the whale and his friends" All the kids in the restaurant started to scream once they saw him and ran towards the front of the stage.

 "Hello, boys and girls" Willy the whale said. Max quickly for out of his seat and started to walk towards the front of the stage.

"Hey, Max!" Kevin yelled after him.

 "Leave him he's fine" I said as I watched Max starting to dance along with the kids as Willy started to sing. Kevin and I sat in silence and order more food "It's not chicken but the food is good" I didn't answer him and kept eating.

 "Ok, I'm sorry for what I said early. What can I do to make it up to you?" I smiled. and looked up at the stage.

He turned my head to see what I was looking at and understood what I meant.

 "Oh, God please no. ANYTHING BUT THAT" he said shaking his head.

 "This is the only way" I said crossing my arms.

 "Aw come on?"

 "Ok are there any parents in the room that would like to come up?" Willy said.

 "Your stage is waiting," I said. With a huge sigh Kevin got up, that's when a spotlight was on him and everyone saw him. I started to clap and then everyone followed. As Kevin walked up towards the stage he kept his head down.

 "So what's your name?" Willy asked. You should have seen the look Kevin gave Willy it was like he wanted to murder him. "Kevin," he said still with his head down.

 "Ok, boys and girls were going to teach Kevin here the Willy dance" All the kids started to clap. "Now Kevin follow me" It was so funny to see Kevin learning how to dance by a Wale in a custom. I took out my phone and started to record. I walked next to Max to get closer to view.

 "What is daddy doing?" Max said in shock.

 "He is saying sorry for being mean," I said with a laugh.

 "Ok now with music" The band started to play and everyone started to dance. The Willy dance is basically jumping up and down and wiggling your body. And to see a grown man who is a CEO acting like a fool was priceless. As the song kept playing I started to feel kind of bad for making him go up there like that.

 "Come one Max lets go help your dad out" I said putting my phone away. Max and I walked up on stage both of us standing on both sides of Kevin. Me on his right with Max on his left.

 "Come on papa, will show you how it's done" I said bumping Kevin with my hip. He looked at us in shock

"Oh, It looks like his family came to join him. Give them a Willy welcome everyone" As people started to clap to the beat. I took the mic from Willy. I thought I'll change things up a bit "Alright everyone, my son and I thought will change things up a bit is that cool?" I asked into the mic. The crowd started to cheer. "Awesome, just follow what Max and I do" I said pointing to Max. "Remember the underwater song?" I asked him. There used to be a kid show name Hi 5 I used to watch as a kid but sadly they don't play it anymore. But I used to go crazy over that show because their songs were so awesome.

 As the music started to play Max and I started to sing.

 "Swimming with the fishes

Follow them to school

Riding on a seahorse

That would be so cool" It seems that even the parents knew the song to because they all slowly started to get up.

"Diving with the dolphins

Splashing in the waves

Exploring in the corals

And the pirate's caves"

Everyone started to follow Max and I moves. And soon even Kevin started to sing with us he didn't seem embarrassed anymore. The kids were so happy to be dancing with their parents and I was so happy for that.

 This is why I do what I do.

 Even if it just for a moment I am still happy to be able to put a smile on these kids faces.

Kevin

It was a quiet ride back home Max and Jackie were both asleep so I had to drive. I have never been to that restaurant before but I heard many parents talk about it. When we first walked in I wanted to walk back out because I was afraid someone will know me and also because there were too many kids. There were kids running around acting crazy, it was like a daycare. But Jackie didn't seem to mind and either did Max. When we started to eat I was starting to get jealous of how she and Max were getting along so well. It was like I wasn't even here, but I know the only reason she wasn't talking to me was that of what I said earlier which I understand it was wrong to say that to her.

 When I asked her how can I make it up to her. I didn't think she would make me go up the stage and embarrass myself. I couldn't believe when I went ahead and got on stage but if it meant she will talk to me then so be it.  After a while, I was, even more, shock when Jackie and Max went up the stage with me and started to dance with me. It was so fun to let loose and no one cared about who I was, and who my family is.

"Alright everyone, my son and I thought will change things up a bit is that cool?"

She called Max her son, normally I would of went off from anyone saying that because no matter what he will always be Kaley and I son. The symbol of our love. But I wasn't mad when she called him her son. In fact, my heart started to jump. At the fact she basically called us her family.

" Down, down, down, down" I turn my head to see Jackie moving in her sleep "Ah" she screams walking up.

 "Shh, Max is sleeping," I said. She slowly rubbed her eyes and looked behind her to see Max knocked out in the back seat.

With a yawn she said "It was a good day for him"

 "Yeah" I answered back. Once we got home she took Max and helped him to bed.

 "Alright I'll see you tomorrow," she said walking towards the door.

 "Wait" I said getting up from the living and meeting her at the front door.

 "I've been thinking and since you're being Max's mother wouldn't it better if you lived with us too? that way it will be easier to wake him up and take him to school?" she leaned back and crossed her arms.

"Are you sure this isn't just a way for you to have me cook for you everyday" she said eyeing me up and down.

 With a laugh, I answered "Now that you mention it" I said leaning back and crossing my arms "That won't be such a bad thing" she smiled.

 "I'll think about it" and with that, she kissed me on the cheek shocking both of us.

 "Oh,—Uh sorry that was crossing the line wasn't?"

"No your good it's just a  kiss on the cheek" I said like it wasn't a big deal.

 "Ok" she said making it seem more awkward "I'll see you tomorrow".

 "Jackie" I called before she turned around "Thank you" I said with a smile.

 "Just doing my job" she smiled back and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...
822K 25.2K 42
Valeria Patterson is the IT woman. She has everything: the looks, the brains, and not to mention the countless billions of dollars she owns. She's be...
50.4K 1.7K 35
thinking no one could ever break down those walls. is she willing to let him in when 𝒉𝒆 comes along?....or will her stubbornness prevent him? ||ON...
1.1K 106 14
When an abandoned circus comes to life one chilling night, Cassandra is swept into a world of nightmares and dreams beyond her wildest imagination. ...