Hello Again

By snikasluva

Mercedes was in it for the summer of a lifetime. She had just graduated from Oak Wood Acadamy with her best f... More

Hello Again 1
Hello Again 2
Hello Again 3
Hello Again 4
Hello Again 5
Hello Again 6
Hello Again 7
Hello Again 8
Hello Again 9
Hello Again 10
Hello Again 11
Hello Again 12
Hello Again 13
Hello Again 14
Hello Again 16
Hello Again 17
Hello Again 18
Hello Again 19
Hello Again 20
Hello Again 21

Hello Again 15

11K 175 50
By snikasluva

Age : 15

Pj hadn't talked to me since I left the morning after Halloween. Okay, to his excuse, his mom took away his phone and I hadn't really been free.

It was honestly irritating me.

Which actually didn't really make my actions reasonable. I mean, I wouldn't be going to the party tonight if Pj wasn't. I kind of hate parties with the people at my school. Honestly? The people at my school kind of sucked.

"Why can I find nothing to wear??" I demanded. I was pacing my room with all my reasonable clothes strewn across my bed. "THIS is what this stupid boy does to me! He makes me want to impress him. I DON'T IMPRESS PEOPLE! It's not what I do!"

I glanced at the same picture that I had been glancing out for the past half hour that I had been pacing. It was when Pj and I were at Beverly one summer. He was kissing my cheek in the picture, and the smiles on both of our faces were somehow able to fit onto the photo paper.

"I have no idea," Ian said.

Ian and I never really hung out outside of school. And when I say never, I mean NEVER. We got along, but it was awkward. We didn't really have much to talk about. I was pretty sure that he thought I was really weird. But I needed a guy's opinion, and my dad wasn't exactly number one on my list.

Pj was, but he was absent. Stupid freaking guy. Making me like him so much.

"Why am I trying this hard, anyway?" I questioned.

"Because you love him," Ian stated. "And you feel insecure."

"Shut up," I snapped. "I'm talking to myself, don't interrupt."

Ian chuckled to himself.

I laid down over my clothes on my bed and let out a huff.

"Stupid freaking child! Why does he have this much power over me?" I threw out. "Don't answer that."

"I'm changing the subject," he said. "You need to chill out. My mom is letting me apply to Oakwood Academy."

NOT NOW! I wanted to shout.

Yet another reason why Ian and I didn't hang out. He didn't really get me.

"Cool," I said, standing up again. I dragged my feet to my dresser and glanced at the clock. "The party started an hour ago. I really have to go."

I looked down at my t-shirt and jeans. It wasn't exactly party clothes, but it would have to do.

"Come on," Ian said, starting out my door. "I'm your ride, and I want to get home sooner than later."

I followed him out and to his car, grabbing my bag along the way. I got into the passenger's side and he started driving.

"What am I even supposed to do when I see him?" I asked. "You know what, this is stupid. I shouldn't be doing this. Turn back."

Ian stopped.

Please Ian. Just this once, be a real friend, even if it's fake. Please, just PLEASE tell me that I shouldn't be freaking out so much. Tell me that I was doing the right thing.

Tell me that being bold is the right thing.

Screw it, people usually tell me to STOP being so bold. Stupid Pj and his little mind crap.

Please Ian. Please. Just this once.

"Do you want me to take you home?" he asked.

I sighed.

"No."

He pressed the gas again.

The party wasn't too far away - only two blocks. Wakefield was a small town.

"I don't know if I should do this," I said. Ian started to slow down. "Keep driving! I'm just talking to myself. Don't actually listen to me."

He sped up again, this time going faster.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"Don't be sorry," I encouraged.

I started wringing the strap of my bag, trying to forget about the boy that gave it to me.

Why did he have to be this confusing? Seriously, was he trying to give me some kind of brain malfunction? I had enough of those every day, I don't need another.

Stupid child. Making me think too hard.

Nobody makes Benz think! It is a WELL known fact! Honest to God, if I thought this hard all the time, I might die of Thougtasisis. Okay, so I made that up. Big whoop! It could be possible.

There must have been some sort of message that I wasn't getting. The rest of the night was fine. We just kind of smiled at each other and held hands.

I was NOT smiling at the memory.

The morning after was uneventful. We didn't really talk - my dad told me to come home ten minutes after we both woke up, and I had to go to school that day. Why the day following Halloween wasn't a national holiday completely stunned me, but we had to go to school. That was Thursday and I hadn't seen him the rest of that day or Friday. Now it was Saturday.

It didn't make sense to me.

Then again, it WAS only a kiss. Maybe I was exaggerating it. No one's life is movie worthy, so why was I expecting it to be?

Maybe it didn't mean as much to him as it did to me.

Maybe he didn't even like me.

No. Even if it wasn't by much, he HAD to like me. He said 'it's about time' anyway! Why would he say that?

Unless it was that he meant it was about time for me to make a move. As in he knew all this time that I liked him.

GOD! This was PJ I was thinking about! He wouldn't do that!

Unfortunately, Ian was pulling into a parking spot right outside of the house. I could hear the music from inside the house. The front yard was crowded with my peers mindlessly chattering with red cups in their hands.

I opened the car door. Some people get butterflies in their stomach. Right now, it felt like pteradactyls fluttering around in there.

I walked up the sidewalk and to the front door. Starting though the entry way, I fought my way through passing people.

I looked around in search of the jet black hair that signified my best friend.

"Bambi!" called a slurred voice just as I felt someone fall into me. I steadied myself and looked up at Pj. He was leaning into the wall. His eyelids were nearly shut. All in all, he looked extensively drunk.

"Pj," I said, noting the red cup in his hand.

"Wh..why wou... You have to... uh... something," he managed. I grabbed his arm and steered him towards the closest door.

I was in luck. It was the living room, where a couch was actually, shockingly, not occupied. I sat him down and took the cup from his hands.

"Give thhaaaaat... b-... ba... back," he insisted, nearly crushing me with his reach.

"Pj, cut it out," I commanded. He drooped back into the cushions.

"I k'ssssssed you," he said.

"Yeah, Pj," I said. "You did."

I couldn't talk to him while he was drunk. It just wouldn't work.

"Mad," he stated, poking the side of my frowning lips. "Mad tele-tubby."

Pj started busting up laughing. I rolled my eyes and pulled my legs up to my chest.

Suddenly, a small brunette was plopped into Pj's lap.

"Hi Kelly," I greeted.

Of course, Pj wasn't doing anything about it.

He probably liked Kelly. Why on earth would I think that he'd choose ME over HER?

"KEWWWWYYYY!" Pj said.

"He's totally drunk," she said, her words slightly slurred. "You don't have to stay with him."

"I, uh, I guess you're right," I said, standing.

I wanted to go home. I wanted to go curl into bed.

"Noooo, Bambiiiii," Pj grabbed my hand. I started walking away. "I loooov-"

My eyes grew wide and I spun around. Just in time to see Kelly's lips force their way to his.

A sharp intake of breath was audible as it crossed my lips.

Pj seemed to be struggling under her grasp. But I didn't care. I nearly ran from the house, passing Ian on the way.

~

I walked through the doors and was met by an aroma of cinnamon apple - the most popular pie at Grandma's Pie. I looked around at the familiar surroundings. The counters were set up as a bar at the far right. Right in front of me was the stage, and I made out Pj at the bottom. He noticed me, and winked. I couldn't help but smile.

I made my way to the bar where Evelyn was and sat down beside her.

"Hey," she greeted.

"Where're the guys?"

"Bathroom," she answered.

I nodded and frowned when I saw who was sitting on the opposite end of the bar, closest to the stage.

Kelly.

Stupid little...

"Hey," came Pj's voice from behind me. I turned to see him and smiled. He stood with his hands in his pockets facing me.

"Hi," I said. "When are you going on?"

"In three-ish minutes," he said, glancing at the clock on the wall.

"Alright, well, a promise is a promise," I said. "You're buying my pie."

He grinned and nodded in agreement.

"Hey, Missy?" he called out. An older waitress perked up and walked to where we were sitting. She had mostly gray hair and green eyes with a warm smile.

"Hello, honey," she said. "What can I for my favorite guitar player?"

"Put all her orders on my tab," he said, pointing to me.

"Alright," she agreed, looking at me. "What can I get for you?"

"Apple pie?" I asked.

"Sure thing," she said, grinning. "Anything to drink?"

"Just water."

"Alright, I'll be right back," Missy said.

I turned back around and looked up at Pj's smiling face. My eyes wandered to Kelly, and I could feel my smile fading.

"I'll be right back," Pj said. I looked back at him to see a grimace on his face. He walked away from me towards the stage, but ended up next to Kelly. I could hear their chatter but couldn't understand what they were saying.

"You need to relax," Evelyn said. "He doesn't like her."

She was peering at me with an amused smile.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't BS me, Benny! You keep looking at that boy like that and you might as well hang a sign across your chest that says 'I still love you,'" she said.

"Shut up," I said. "I don't li- love... I don't, um... there's... uh... you know what Evy? You can shut the hell up. I ain't talking to you right now."

"Aw, come o-"

"Nope," I interrupted. "Go die."

She grinned and I saw movement from where Pj was. He was walking towards me with Kelly behind him with an upset expression.

"Alright," Pj said once he reached us. "Kelly, tell her."

Kelly groaned.

"Fine," she said. "Pj and I are completely and totally in love. And we're gettin-"

"Kelly!" Pj scolded. "Seriously!" Kelly looked up at him and he scowled back. "NOW!"

"Fine! Pj was never a player! Meghan and I made it up," she said.

"And?"

She grimaced at him and looked back at me.

"And he hasn't changed a bit," she said.

"Thank you," Pj said, aggravated. "You can go get hit by a bus now."

She huffed. "Whatever."

Pj looked at me and nearly immediately started smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You're smiling wider than the Pacific, Bambi," he stated. I rolled my eyes and realized my facial expression was exactly as he described. I reached out and hugged him quickly.

"Thank you," I said honestly. His arms wrapped around me.

"You're welcome," he said. "I have to go perform, though."

"Go kick some guitar strumming ass," I encouraged.

"Will do," he said.

I turned to see a piece of steaming apple pie sitting in front of me.

"Awwwwwwwwww," Evelyn exaggerated. "You two are just so damn cute!"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear it!"

I grabbed my fork, but black ink caught my eye.

Bambi

-The first song is for you-

Pj

I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my pie.

"Hey, guys, how's everyone doing tonight?" Pj spoke into the mic. I recognized his guitar as the same one that he grew up playing. "I normally don't play songs by this band, but because a special someone is here, I have to play it. Just to piss her off." Chuckled spread through the shop. "It has a kind of special meaning behind it, if you can guess."

I looked up at him in wonder.

He is NOT going to play it.

"Originally by the Beatles." I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! "I Wanna Hold Your Hand."

'Aw's went around, and my mouth literally dropped open.

The might have been the stupidest and the sweetest thing that I have heard since I got to Beverly.

_~_

im really sorry that they've been short! i am, seriously. but there just isn't much to elaborate on in these few chapters. the next chapter though, i promise, will be longer. and the 'past' pj will be able to explain himself. so dont hate him

snikasluva

Continue Reading