ILLUSION ▶︎ Kylo Ren {1}

By fandomstate

{COMPLETED} (Under Editing) "I cannot direct you to one side or the other but I can guide you through your ch... More

CAST + DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
SEQUEL

CHAPTER EIGHT

2.8K 103 9
By fandomstate

- Flashback -

"No, do it again. Like this." 13-year-old Ben Solo stood in front of a 12-girl holding a light blue lightsaber. The dark-haired boy swiped at the air with his own lightsaber. The girl mimicked his movement. The boy grinned.

"Yeah! Just like that!" He praised. The girl smiled back, gold eyes shining with joy at learning the new movement.

Sol had been training at Luke's academy with 5 other students for 3 months. Since she had met the dark-haired boy, they had been nearly inseparable. They spent most of their time talking or training together. Luke hadn't become aware of how close their relationship actually was.

"Ben?" 12-year-old Sol piped up shutting off her saber and setting it down on the small metal bench. The dark-haired boy looked towards her.

"Yes?"

"Do you think I will pass Luke's test?" Sol asked wiping away the hair that had stuck to her face with sweat. Luke required them to take a small test to level up in their training. Sol had been training for weeks. Unlike many of the other students, she wasn't as talented with a blade as they were. She had failed the first time she took the test.

"I think if you stick to what I have taught you, you will be fine." He said with an uneasy smile. Sol frowned.

"Is something bothering you, Ben?"

Ben shook his head. "I am going home for a couple of days to spend time with my family before my dad leaves again."

"Oh." Sol knew about Ben's predicament with his family. He would complain about his home life occasionally. Sol would have to remind him that he was fortunate to have a home with a roof over his head. He would nod his head in agreement and not talk about the situation any longer.

"I'll be waiting here. I always will be for you." Sol reached back down and grabbed her lightsaber.

"What if you came with me?" Ben suddenly suggested.

"Are you sure? You said this was for family time, I don't want to get in the way of-"

The dark-haired boy rolled his eyes.

"Family time? Please, it's just torture on my end. It would be much more bearable if you were there." He spoke honestly. Sol gnawed on her lip, deep in thought.

"I suppose if Luke's okay with it and your family is too." She said looking back up at him. Ben beamed.

"I'll talk to Luke tonight!" He said twirling his saber. "In the meantime, you need to train."

---------------

Luke's red ship landed on the platform of Ben's home in Hanna City, Chandrila. Sol could hardly take everything in. There where so many lights and big skyscrapers. She had grown up in a small city that was mostly in poverty. This was so much different. Once Luke had parked the ship, Ben jumped out, a small bag carrying his clothes slung over his shoulder. Sol followed him taking her own bag with her.

"This place is so cool!" Sol gasped, eyes wide. Ben shrugged not to bothered by the familiar space. Two adutls came walking out of the building. One was a young woman wearing a beautiful blue gown her hair put up an intricate updo. She had her hands clasped in front of her and a warm smile on her face. Beside her, a handsome man dressed casually. He had the same messy hair as Ben. Sol could see the resemblance between the adults and Ben. They must have been his mother and father. As they got closer the man handsome man came forward and ruffled Ben's hair.

"Hey, there kid." He said with a smile. Ben swatted his father's hand away.

"Hey." He said unenthusiastically. Ben's mother came forward and gave her son a hug that was half-heartedly returned. They both turned to the girl standing beside Ben. Ben's mother spoke first.

"You must be Sol. Luke informed us that you would be joining us for a couple of days." She said politely putting her hand out for the young padawan to shake. Sol did as such and gave a small nod.

"I'm Leia Organa. You can call me Leia if you'd like." She said kindly. Sol nodded again.

Leia turned to her son. "Ben dear, why don't you go show your friend to the guest room."

Ben nodded and Sol followed him into the apartment building. Sol couldn't help but look at everything as they walked through the main sitting room. She felt like she didn't belong in such a place. Ben stopped in front of a large metal door. Pressing a button on the panel beside the door, it slid open, showing her the inside.

"You have a nice family," Sol spoke up as she tucked her satchel into a small space between her bed and the night table.

"I guess. My mom and dad are always gone. I think that's part of the reason they sent be away to Luke. So, I wouldn't have to be alone all the time." Ben said softly. He quickly switched the topic. "Want to see my room?"

Sol nodded and Ben took her hand and lead her to his room which was just down the hall. Like with her room he pressed a button on the panel next to the door and the door slid open. He pulled her inside. Sol looked around. The room was no bigger than the guest room Sol as staying in. The walls were a dark blue. A grey bed was bushed on against the far wall. Beside it was a nightstand with a lamp and a couple of books neatly stacked on it. One the wall closest to them was a dresser with an assortment of things atop it. There were a couple of figurines of resistance fighters and stormtroopers that were frozen in a fictive battle. On the right, a large bookshelf was pressed against the wall. The large shelf was filled head to toe with books. Beside it a desk with papers and journals stacked together. A small calligraphy set was on the back corner of the glass tabletop.

"Wow, I knew you liked to read but this is amazing." Sol walked over to the bookshelf and scanned the books he had collected. Ben sat down on his bed behind her.

"It's a hobby." He replied. They spent much more of the evening in Ben's room, Ben explaining how he got each of his books and smiling over the fondness of his friend.

-----------------

Sol was slightly disappointed to have to go back to the academy. She had grown fond of Ben's parents and the same for them. Ben, on the other hand, was more than thrilled to leave. Even though Sol was with him the trip seemed to go on forever and the Academy was a taste of freedom.

When they stepped back onto the Temple's soil, they were bombarded with questions for their padawan friends. Most had taken a trip to visit families, but a few stayed at the temple with Luke. After a few welcome back's and a couple of questions, Ben and Sol were able to go their separate ways to their rooms. Sol had almost walked away when she heard Ben call her name. She turned.

"Thank you for coming." He spoke and Sol smiled with all the radiance of the afternoon sun.

"Anytime." She replied. Ben knew how dangerous it would be to form attachments, but he knew he the rules didn't apply to him anymore.

-------------------

5 years later Sol found herself with ben sitting on the top of Jedi temple staring at the night sky. It was her birthday and Ben had given her the gift of the stars. As he had gotten to know Sol, he learned how much the stars meant to her. For her birthday he had decided to take her to the top of the temple to see them. They had done it many times already, but it didn't make the occasion any less beautiful. They sat together with their hands linked together. Ben and Sol would point out constellations to each other and laugh about silly topics.

"Sol?" Ben asked turning towards her. Sol turned to him with a smile left from their last laugh. She was caught off guard when she saw him lean closer to her and press his lips against her. It was light being shocked by an electric current. Her eyes fluttered closed and she kissed him back. They pulled back starved of oxygen. Sol looked down breathless. A dark blush creeping up her cheeks. Ben pressed his forehead against hers.

"Happy 17th birthday Sol Valara."

--------------------

"Ben!" Sol screamed as the dark-haired boy pulled a crackling red lightsaber out of one of Sol's friend's body. He dropped the corpse of the student with a sickening thud and turned to her. Rage and fury blazed through his dark eyes. He growled as he caught sight of her. Sol gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. Behind him were six other people in dark clothing and red lightsabers. The Knights of Ren. Ben approached her twirling the new red lightsaber viciously and Sol stumbled back unsure of how to approach this sudden situation. Smoke was beginning to fill the hall fire began to spread throughout the Temple.

"I don't want to fight you, Ben. Please don't do this!" She cried.

"It's Kylo ren, Ben is gone, Dead!" He shouted at her. Sol shook her head.

Tears flowed down Sol's cheeks. "No, No. This isn't happening. Don't do this!" Something in Kylo Ren's eyes shifted. His dastardly façade flickering before he brought his walls up again, one mission ahead of him.

"Then join me. We could rule the galaxy." He offered, putting his hand out. Sol shook her head again disbelievingly.

"I can't Ben. I don't belong on a side you know this." She said stepping forward. "If you stop this we can start over and all will be forgiven please don't continue this." Sol gestured to the slowly burning temple.

Ben growled. "Never! This was my legacy. I am to continue the works of Darth Vader."

"No Ben-"

"My name is not Ben!" He yelled his voice echoing in the semi-empty chamber. He let out a shuddering breath. "I will give you five minutes to try to escape then I'm sending my knights after you." He said quietly. In the chamber, it echoed around every corner.

"I'm so sorry Ben." And then Sol turned and ran.Hey guys! in honor of Tros coming out next week I thought I would post another chapter of this one here for you guys to enjoy. I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday season and I will see you in my next update! -Nat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 595 30
*COMPLETED* You're training to become a Jedi when you suddenly receive an undercover assignment on the Finalizer. Once you arrive, you find yourself...
770K 18.1K 33
WARNING::: This story has strong R rated language, sexual scenes, and violence. Reader discretion is advised Highest Rank #1 in Star Wars on 12/6/20 ...
378K 13.1K 59
"I am being torn apart for more reasons than one." ∫ Elara Jane knows nothing of borders and cares little for rules or customs but yet, she dedicates...
101K 2.8K 50
"Not many people can tell me no," Kylo Ren declared. "But you evidently think that you can" "That's why you're so stuck up," you retorted quickly. "B...