The Boy Who Cried Beast | ✓

Per 1fandombookgirl

As Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, Everette Blackwood is required to find her mate. She's not too sold on the i... Més

Copyright & Description
Character Aesthetic
Chapter 1: Silver Berry
Chapter 2: Dudes In Dresses
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Sweet Jesus
Chapter 5: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 6: Put A Ring On It
Chapter 7: Centuries ago...
Chapter 8: Mom's Weird
Chapter 9: Cherry On This Hunk Of A Sundae
Chapter 10: I, Callum Cain, Reject...
Chapter 11: My Idiot
Chapter 12: Frilly Pink Apron
Chapter 13: A Case of OSD
Chapter 14: If I Was A Man
Chapter 15: Men Crying
Chapter 16: Rip My Heart Out
Chapter 17: He Punched The Wall
Chapter 18: Cliche 'Bad Boy'
Chapter 19: Green-Eyed Monster
Chapter 20: Hypersthene
Chapter 21: Broken Bones
Chapter 22: No Cuddling
Chapter 23: Jesus, Take The Wheel
Chapter 24: The 'L' Word
Chapter 25: Written In Permanent Sharpie
Chapter 27: Lover Boy
Chapter 28: War Is Brewing
Chapter 29: Houston, We Have A Problem
Chapter 30: What Did I Miss?
Chapter 31: Fido and His Brothers
Chapter 32: Ice-cream On A Hot Summer Day
Chapter 33: Don't Flatter Yourself
Chapter 34: Holy Mother of The Moon
Chapter 35: Wicked & Wise
Chapter 36: Pinky Promise
Chapter 37: Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 38: Death Was Reserved
Chapter 39: Katniss Everdeen
Chapter 40: Petrichor
Chapter 41: True Alpha
Chapter 42: Doodle Me In
Chapter 43: Máni
Epilogue
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
BONUS CHAPTER: I'm Your Dork

Chapter 26: Those 'Evil Shits'

14.9K 740 247
Per 1fandombookgirl

Chapter 26

The thundering of my heartbeat pounded in my ears as I tried to make sense of what was happening before me.

The hunters restrained my pack and Callum by securing their arms behind their backs.

"Get off me!" Cal growled as he struggled against the humans.

My heart sped up as Otis' arm blocked me from escaping the house, "What are you doing? This wasn't the deal."

"We didn't make a deal kid." He shrugged.

"I'm not leaving her!" Cal kept on shouting and my pack seemed two seconds away from shifting.

I felt something press into my side.

Looking down, Otis had a gun pressed to my ribs, "Tell your pack to be good little pups and don't shift or else I'll kill that boy in front of you and then you and your pack will follow suit."

His tone held no room for argument and I couldn't exactly fight my way out of this one.

Certainly not with Callum's life on the line and the silver bullet gun jammed into my ribs.

Fuck, I need an ice-cream.

I nodded my head and mind linked the pack, 'Calm down guys, I'm going to be alright and so will you all. Don't you dare shift or do anything stupid. And get Callum to relax. Tell him I'm fine.'

They all glared at me as if I just told them to fetch.

'Not happening Everette. We're not leaving you with that man.' Finn yelled into my head.

'I mean it Finnick, stop! Shift and we're all dead.' The heavy authority in my voice all had them bowing their heads and Cal's eyes flashed to me in a rage because he knew I was speaking to them.

"Everette!" Callum looked about ready to burn every man alive, "I swear if you little shits don't let me go I'm going to-"

Before I could hear him finish, Otis backed me inside and shut the door. I could still hear Callum shouting up a storm outside but it was muffled out and getting further away.

My eyes flickered around the space to assess my surroundings but it was sparsely furnished with an ancient television, a beat-up recliner, a fireplace and a small table with three chairs.

Only one window near the door and a hallway leading further into the house.

"Sit." He motioned to the table as he tucked his gun away.

Guess old man Otis was pretty sure of himself.

"Where did you have your people take my pack?" I questioned as I sat down on the chair opposite the one he occupied.

"We have a barn a few minutes away, pretty sure no one's going to want a dog in their house."

My eyes narrowed at that, "And what you plan to keep us there like farm animals?"

The harshness in my voice didn't surpass him but he seemed bored as he looked at me like he was about to explain basic math.

"No child, it's a farm barn. It a community center which I might add is the most costly structure we have here."

Perplexed I asked, "So why'd you have them taken there? And forced."

"As a werewolf, you would know your kind has super-hearing," He gave me a pointed look. "You didn't seem keen on anyone but me knowing what you're about to give up so I sent them away knowing they won't leave you alone willingly. I might be old, but I've been told I can be wise at times."

Unconsciously, I pinched myself to see if I was dead or asleep because Otis seemed almost tolerant of us. And accommodating. The pinch of pain on my arm snapped me into realizing, I am well and alive.

"So why'd you have Callum leave? He won't have heard us."

He grinned, "The kid was always a punk so it was good to see him struggle. Plus he was my most loyal hunter and I expected him to at least try to come back or kill one of you in an attempt to do so, but no he fell in love. I should have a pound of his flesh removed for betraying us."

Yup, there's the psycho hunter I was waiting for.

"You actually shouldn't." I rushed out and when he quirked a brow I went on, "He did try to escape but I caught him and tied him to a tree and..." my voice lowered dangerously, "if you hurt him, I'll hurt you before you could kill me."

"You threatening me little one?" He snarled.

"No, I'm promising you, old man," I stated.

His eyes assessed me, "You love him, don't you."

"I didn't come all the way here to paint nails and talks about my feelings with you." I snapped as my patience was running thin, "I meant what I said, I have a proposition for you."

But of course, he didn't focus his attention on that. Oh, boomers...

"I'm actually surprised you haven't asked me why I didn't order my men to have you all killed when you showed up."

I can't the question didn't cross my mind, but I made up an answer for myself.

"I assumed you either probably wanted to kill us yourself or you wanted to have a conversation before you killed us, a few parting words maybe. Or maybe because Callum was a part of the hunters and you wanted to see what was happening. Who cares, the point is, you didn't." I rolled my eyes.

"Not yet." He smirked, "It's was actually Jane."

"Jane?" I sputtered out in bewilderment.

"Despite being a... one of you," He waved his hand around, "she's tolerable most days. Your father told her and she told me that you were heading my way. Her words were 'don't you dare lay a finger on my great grandbaby or else she'll have my funeral moved up on the calendar'."

"Sounds like Jane," I muttered as I wrapped my head around the fact that Jane and Otis might have a thing for each other.

What the fuck?

"So you and Jane are-"

"No." He shut me down way too quickly. I smirked and he glared at me. "The point is, this feud between the hunters and werewolves have been a pain in the ass. It made me lose my son and grandson and I won't wait around to see it happen again. You understand me?"

Nodding I said, "I know what you mean."

"But that doesn't mean whatever silly request you're about to give me will work. If you expect me to let this war go then you need to lay something solid on the table. The only thing I could think of that would make those people outside let any of this go is the see your head on the table... and I don't mean being attached to your body."

I didn't flinch. I didn't budge. I don't think I even blinked.

I expected as much and was willing to give up whatever it took.

"Before you go on, tell me what help you need." He said.

Sighing I let go of the sliver of pride I held, "I need your help protecting my pack."

I wasn't trying to be funny but old man Otis leaned over the table and let out a laugh, with loud obnoxious coughs in between, as if he was watching a comedy.

Getting tired of his apparent inability to stop wheezing, I slammed my fist on the tiny table and heard a crack.

His laughter started to die down but the humor in his eyes lingered.

"I'm not fucking joking around."

"Well, you better be because if you expect that to happen then you clearly haven't been paying attention." He chuckled.

I rose to my feet and peered down at him, "Listen, if you don't get them to help my pack then we're all screwed. What you people don't realize is that my pack as a buffer for all the evil shit that can overtake Fairbairn. Shit that your measly crew of hunters isn't going to be able to fight off if my pack can't even defend itself."

"And how exactly are you going to convince them of that?"

"That's why I came to you," I said in a duh tone. "If I told my pack to jump, they'd do it, no questions asked. I expect you to have a similar influence with your people."

"Sit down." His voice lacked the hard edge it's been carrying as he rubbed his palms over his face, "I can try, but it won't be a promise and I won't do it if your offer is lacking."

"I'm a businesswoman Otis, I know exactly what will work," I said with confidence.

"Go on."

"My proposition is to..." I told him exactly what he wanted to hear.

His shocked expression told me he didn't expect it of me but the look in his eyes expressed interest.

"And your pack wouldn't come back to kills us when you announce this deal." He quirked.

"They'll have concerns, of course, but I speak with them. Make them understand why I have to do what I'm doing." At least I hoped. "So do we have a deal?"

"I'll think about it," He stated before continuing, "on one condition."

I sat straighter and lifted a brow in question, "What condition?"

"You're not the only one that has been having a hard time protecting their territory. Those 'evil shits' you mentioned earlier have been moving into Fairbairn." He eyed me as the information sank in.

I shook my head, "You can't mean-"

"Rogues?" He questioned. "Oh yes, I do. A few weeks ago they showed up like a little family and then more started popping in one by one."

"How are you so sure they're rogues?"

"At first everyone assumed they were just new humans in town but after some of the hunters caught them growling around town and seeing a few wolves running around too close to the town, we knew they were werewolves. Jane confirmed it for us because we thought your pack was getting a little too close for comfort. I usually have men out in the forest but since they've started moving into Fairbairn I pulled my men back. Carter and Lewis were only out today because I needed them to bring you here before anyone shot you."

This made my skin crawl. I felt sick to my stomach knowing the rogue problem have moved far beyond my control.

"How many are there?" I asked.

"Last we'd counted, around twenty."

"This is all so messed up," I growled at the idea that all those humans in town, Jane and my mother's family were all in danger. Sitting ducks tapped on a target.

"It is." He agreed. "So, you help me get rid of those filthy mutts in my home and I'll take your offer seriously."

My eyes snapped to him, "We don't have all the time in the world. The situation gets worse by the day and the longer you take, the worst it will get. For all of us."

"Then you better hurry it up." He simply stated as he rose from his chair. "Let get you back to your mate before he shoots my men. We'll explain what's been happening on this side of the woods then. Maybe you will be able to convince them to help you while you're here."

"I think shooting myself in the foot might be easier," I grumbled as I followed him out the door.

With a snort, he agreed, "Couldn't have said it any better kid."

The sun had long set while we were talking inside and the dark unfamiliar land before me raised alarms in my head. 

Being away from Callum and not knowing how he was handling the situation also had me uneasy. 

"Do you know if the rogues are aware of hunters here? Or this part of the forest?" I asked Otis as he led the way to what I presumed was the barn. There were a few lamp posts lining the dirt paths but I could see just fine with my werewolf eyes. 

"We've made our presence known by flashing our guns around them and wearing these." He held up his hand and I saw the silver ring on his finger. 

One punch and it would burn any part of us it touched. 

"As for this area, I'm not sure but I won't put it past them. They roam the forest after all so I'm pretty sure they know, they just haven't come around or tried anything yet." He said and I detected the anger and agitation in his voice. 

"What do you think they're after?" I peered over at him.

"Land? Power? To kill us? Beats me why they're showing up here, I just want them terminated like the pests they are." 

"Me and you both, Otis." I sighed as I rubbed my forehead where a headache was coming on. "I could tell you're in my great-grandaunt." 

"Yeah and what about it." His defenses rose as he eyed me out of the corner of his eyes. 

I shrugged, "You're free to do what you want... I'm just curious how a hunter got together with a werewolf." 

"Same could be said about you and Cain." He rose a brow.

"Cal and I's situation is different. We're bonded for life by being mates. Jane and you aren't." I pointed out.

"We almost got married." He blurted out.

I stopped in my tracks in shock, "What?"

He turned around and recounted the memory, "Back in the day, when Jane now moved here. I fell in love with her and we were going to get married. Got a dress, rings and was about to tie the knot. Then I found out what she was and I broke it off. She got married that stupid Fraser guy a year later."

I looked at him like he just explained the theory of relativity, "You broke up with the woman you fell in love with because she could shift and easily quick your ass?"

His eyes narrowed but he nodded, "I knew my mistake when I saw how happy she was with her husband, but it was too late and I could never have her. It would be too risky to involve her in my life when I was constantly surrounded by people that hated your kind."

"So you gave up your love to keep her safe and if I'm betting, you probably didn't give up her secret either," I noted as I thought about what he said. If my pack didn't come around to liking Callum, I'm pretty sure I would have done the same thing. Let him go for his own safety despite wanting to keep him around. "You're a good man Otis. A bit of an old shit, but a good man." 

Grumbling, he turned around and started back walking without looking back to see if I was following. 

"Yea, yea, just don't go telling anyone about my nice side."

Laughing I said, "Would never dream of it."

"Good. That means you can't let anyone find out I like Jane either. Every hunter here knows who she is and if they catch even a whiff of me having feelings for her, they'd string me up like that stupid junk you saw when you came strolling through here." He said referring to the metalwork that was supposed to look like a werewolf. "Then you won't get your help and Fairbairn will soon become Wolf Town." 

"Noted," I muttered as I caught the scent of my juniper berries. 

As we rounded a corner, I spotted a large wooden barn that looked more like the ones you held weddings in, not animals.

Guess Otis wasn't lying.

The large entryway was open and light spilled out to the dark exterior. There were a few mumbling inside, but not concerning.

Otis went in before me and soon as his body moved from in front of me, I was attacked. 

By Callum.

Callum's lips to be more exact.

I felt his strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me tightly against his muscular body. His lips sealed over mine in a searing exchange that almost made me forget where we were.

Almost.

When loud coughs brought me back, I flushed and pulled away from his lips but didn't dare move out of his arms.

"Did he hurt you? Touch you?" The threat in Cal's voice was dangerous.

"No," I kissed his chest, "We talked, that's it."

"You're alright?" His eyes searched my own and I nodded.

"I'm fine but we have a lot to discuss." 

"Like what?"

"Otis will explain," I said as an old man appeared at our sides. 

Cal loosened his hold on me and pulled me to his side as he grinned from ear to ear, "Everette, this is my grandfather, Mitch." 

Holy, we just made out in front of his grandpa! So not a good first impression. 

I felt my face turn cherry red as I met the warm green eyes of the man. 

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Cain." I held my hand out in greeting. 

He happily accepted, "You can call me Mitch. Thank you for bringing my boy back home." 

The emotions that swirled on his face as he looked at Cal pulled at my heart. He missed his grandson. 

"Cal told me all about you. I'm sorry I took him away when you need him more than I do." I said as the guilt festered with being face to face with the old man that took care and raised Cal on his own and was only recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's. 

"Oh no, don't worry about me." He waved me off, "I'm as fit as a fiddle. But Callum over here needed someone besides me. He's been too alone his entire life."

"Gramps." Callum groaned but I saw the affection he still had for the man.

Chuckling, Mitch went on, "I mean it, I don't think I've ever seen a smile as big as the one he has right now. And just so you know Everette, I never hated the wolves. Your mother was a good woman when I knew her and I'm sorry Jake did what he did. I tried my best with him but when he fell for Abi, I couldn't stop him. Callum isn't that man. I hope you know that." 

"I do." I smiled up at Cal who winked at me, "He's a good man, you raised him right." 

"Thank you." He smiled. "For bringing my son back."

I caught the word and so did Callum as pulled away from me and placed his hand on his grandpa's shoulder, "Grandson. For bringing your grandson back."

Mitch cracked a cheeky smile, "I know, I remember. I was joking around boy, don't look at me like I'm about to cross over." 

Mitch laughed and I couldn't help but join in but Callum didn't seem too impressed. 

"Don't mess around gramps, I mean it." 

"Always a buzzkill, maybe you should have kept him after all," Mitch said but slung his arm around Cal's shoulders. 

"Alpha." The rest of our pack surrounded me. 

Kelly glared at me, "I hope you don't plan on worrying us like that again."

"Or telling us not to shift when those humans have their hands on us," Finn added.

"There hopefully won't be a next time for that to happen," I said as I faced the large group of hunters who didn't look to welcoming.

"Why are they still alive Otis?" Carter asked with a chorus of 'yeah' from the other hunters. 

"Because like it or not, we're at the beginning of a crisis and that can't be solved without their help." He said. 

Some of them laughed which made my people growl which then had them eyeing us with suspicion and as you could guess, it was a recipe for disaster. 

And Otis and I were the chefs. 

"What is he talking about?" Callum asked as he walked to my side.

"Rogues. There are rogues in Fairbairn." I told him and I heard my pack gasp.

"What? How? There've been werewolves in Fairbairn, ever." Callum said but his question was to Otis.

"I don't know why or how but Everette agreed to help us." 

"And how exactly are she and her six dogs supposed to do that?" Some irrelevant human asked. 

"First of all," Otis turned to him, "we're going to stop referring to them as dogs. Second of all, one of them could take at least five of you if you didn't have those guns with silver." His voice broker no argument.

"I for one don't see how they can help us anyways." Another person said.

"Because we know how rogues work better than anyone else in this room," I answered. "We've fought rogues for years while I'm sure most of the younger ones here have gotten the opportunity to even see a werewolf. We can get rid of them quickly and without the humans in town getting in danger or discovering our secret." 

"And why should we trust you?" Carter asked.

"You don't have a choice. If you really want to get rid of rogues who's been acting more aggressive and as I've noticed, becoming stronger, without risking everyone here, then you need our help. All I want in return in your help and I'll be putting my trust in you all then."

"Alpha Everette has already laid out what she's willing to bargain, which I will discuss with you all later. Right now, you need to learn how to get along because the rogues are our enemies, not the beast and her pack." Otis clarified. 

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That's you all because as I've told Otis, the rogues aren't messing around anymore. They're out for blood and power. My pack has been attacked too many times for me to count and they recently kidnapped Callum and almost killed him." 

The gasps throughout the room put the fear in them that I needed. 

"I didn't expect them to come to Fairbairn because it's a human town and far enough away from my pack, but they found it anyway. If my pack falls, I won't be able to help Fairbairn and the town will be their's for the taking. Your small group won't be able to take them. As I said, they're becoming stronger. They're doing experiments on kids that we haven't been able to get answers to yet. They also have a lot of old knowledge about things to weaken us. If you believe you're not apart of this fight, you're all wrong."

The room went deadly silent as my words sunk in. 

Otis nodded his head at me in acknowledgment, "I don't expect anyone to pretend working with them is fine. Everything went to shit between us twenty years ago that was a long-brewing eruption. We all lost that day no matter who survived. We all lost the ones we loved and none of us wants to see that again. Do we?"

"No." They answered.

"Exactly. So we'll set aside our differences and allow the Alpha and her pack to stay here until we get rid of those rogues in Fairbairn. Till then, we'll decide if it's worth helping her with the rogues on her land. I haven't made a final decision yet."

"I won't stay here if you actually allow them in our home." Some said angrily. 

"Then pack your shit and get the fuck out. It's my land. When the rogues come knocking on your door, don't say I told you so." Otis snapped at the man.

Others who seemed to have a fight in them snapped their mouths shout at his answer. 

"So with that, we'll let our guests go get some rests because tomorrow we start planning on how best we can rid of those fuckers in town." Otis declared, "Mitch, do you have enough room to house them all?" 

Callum's grandpa looked at my group and shrugged, "I have a spear bedroom and a large couch but we'll manage." 

Otis nodded, "Good because I don't think anyone was volunteering shelter." 

"I actually have a spear bedroom." A woman said and when the hunters glared at her, she simply shrugged. "What? They don't look like they want to bite my head off."

'Anyone willing to take her offer?' I mind linked my crew and eyed George who had his eyes on the woman. 'George?'

'What?' His attention snapped to me. 'No. No, I think we should all stay together tonight. The closer we are, the better.'

'He's right. Especially with all these rogues nearby.' Finn mussed. 

I smiled knowingly at George who didn't have a mate as I turned to the woman who didn't have a ring on her finger.

"We'll be fine for the night. If we do decide we need more room, I hope the offer still stands." I smiled at her in appreciation.

"Yeah, just ask Cain where to find me." She said.

"Great, now that that's all figure out. Have a goodnight, Everette. Cain, come see me tomorrow." Callum nodded his head as if he knew what Otis wanted. "Hunters, I want a meeting here with everyone in the next half hour." 

With that, we dispersed from the barn. 

"Come on kids, we have a little way to walk," Mitch said waving us forward. 

A/N

Chapter Update: Tuesday

Well, well, well. Looks like old man Otis ain't that bad after all 😏 sorry for making you all worried. I'm saving the really juicy bits for the enemies. 

Also, I know I didn't put Ev's plan. You will know what it is, but not yet. Picture of the barn in the media section at beginning of the chapter. 

I'd say around 13 chapters or so till the end. Maybe. 

Song: Mountain of the Moon - Caterpillar 

Instagram: @1fandombookgirl

I hoped you enjoyed the chapter!

If you did then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Be kind, keep smiling and;

Read on wolfies, 🐺

-Shania. 🐾

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

190K 5K 56
"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaky as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Suddenly, the delicious scent of wood and cinnamon hit my nose, causing m...
1M 42.6K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
948K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
931K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...