Re§tart: Palingenesis | KHR

By mariru_san

"On today's news, a teenage girl was found dead in her room. The cause was uknown. There were no traces of mu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
END
Extra
Extra 2
Extra 3
Extra 4
Extra 5
Extra 6
Extra 7
T̞̝̬̟͛̎͗ͬ͑ͫ̔ͅr̡̞̻͎͇̞͉͂ͧ̃̋̆u̶̫̹̜̦̅e̴̼̜̥̫͙̪̐ͬ ̴̼̮͉͗̈́̐ͅE̵̝̦̺̟nd̖̮͔̗̀̚(?)

Chapter 13

2.8K 140 8
By mariru_san

In just a few hours, the first battle for the vongola rings would start, yet Hikaru was in his bathroom, staring straight at his own reflection with a troubled face.

His hands pushed down on the side of the sink.

"A." he made a sound then grumbled under his head.

"Aiueo." He checked his voice once again. It echoed in the bathroom and made it so that he could hear his own voice clearly.

"Your voice started to change."

He heard Akari say. Hikaru could only cast his gaze down and sigh before deciding to get ready .

Hikaru went out of the bathroom, only to meet Mukuru, who was sending a smirk at him.

"You sure took your time in there, Fujimoto." based from Mukuro's tone, the taller was mocking Hikaru and might be implying that Hikaru have taken care of private matters.

"My voice is starting to crack... It came this late and it's weirding me out." Hikaru said and Mukuro did notice how the boy's voice changed a bit.

Most teens would experience such things when they enter middle school, but Hikaru seem to be a late bloomer in that aspect and only now has his voice started to change.

______________

Namimori Middle school.

It was the place that was set for the battle for the vongola rings.

That night, the ones who will compete are the sun guardians of each of the two groups.

Ryohei and Lussuria.

Thankfully, Hikaru manage to stop Mukuro from following him and finally went to Tsuna and the others.

The white-haired male was sitting at the roof, having a full view of the area, while the others seem to be absorbed to the preparations of the battle that they didn't notice that Hikaru was just there.

Up in the roof was very quiet, and he could only hear fragments of what the others below were talking about.

He didn't need to hear since he already knew what it was about.

The boy glanced down at the Varia and stared at one of it's members. He had to think of a plan soon. A plan to save as many people as he can during this battle.

He didn't care anymore if his actions change anything since the man named Fujimoto Hikaru exists in this timeline.

_______________

The Cervello finally finished explaining the rules of the first battle and proceeded to have each sun guardian to step into the ring that was prepared for their fight.

A boxing ring, that was literally shaped like a box. The ropes around it made it impossible for anyone to easily escape.

But what caught Reborn's eyes was the lights found at the top part of the boxing ring.

As the hitman observed the ring, he finally noticed that Hikaru was leisurely sitting at the rooftop of one of the school's buildings. Hikaru noticed that he was found out by the hitman and waved, sending a few signals that Reborn slightly understood.

I-stay-here-Windy-Cold

Those words seem to be what Hikaru was signalling.

"Is something wrong, Reborn?" Tsuna asked and the hitman decided to hop on his head.

The brunette received no reply and decided to shrug it off.

Ryohei and Lissuria stepped in, each shifting to their own fighting stance.

The first battle for the sky rings was starting.

______________

"Seimei! Are you cold?"

"Seimei-sama. The wind is strong tonight."

The two foxes decided to sit near Hikaru in their human form, and seem to be snuggling close to their master. Hikaru didn't say anything but he did feel a little cold even though he was already wearing two layers of clothing.

As the albino watched the fight, he can't help but feel a pang of pain in his chest whenever each of the sun guardian took a blow.

Based on what was happening, it was nearing to a close. He remembers that when Ryohei uses his right, that's the time where the tide turns and Ryohei wins the battle.

Hikaru stood up, surprising his familiars from his sudden movement. The boy jumped on the fence there while Shiro and Kuro looked at each other before deciding to follow after their Seimei's actions.

"Seimei! Seimei! Are we gonna jump?!" Shiro asked in excitement.

"Seimei-sama, I don't think this is a good idea." Kuro felt different from his other half.

Hikaru looked down at the area where the fight was nearing it's end. He then turned to his familiars, a playful grin on his face as he would proceed to start the plan he thought up.

"Okay, Listen you two!" Hikaru said and raised a finger while the two fox attentively waited for what Hikaru will say. The albino's eyes seem to be sparkling mischievously, having a smirk while his hair went with the wind.

"It's cooler if you arrive in a flashy way!" Hikaru said and adjusted on foot, then jumped off the railing after he said that.

Shiro and Kuro looked at each other then each having their own smiles, Shiro having a grin while Kuro had a small smile.

T

he two followed after Hikaru's jump with the same excitement as their master.

_____________

A few minutes before Hikaru's jump:

It was the one thing that members of the varia shouldn't be.

Lussuria laid on the floor of the ring, clutching the area around his left knee in pain from the damage that Ryohei did to it.

Failure meant death.

"No! NO! I-I can still fight! I can still continue! This injury is nothing!" Lussuria desperately wanted to continue the battle.

"Give up, and give us the ring, your knee is extremely wounded!" Ryohei said but Lussuria refused.

The varia sun guardian pushed himself to stand up when the pain he felt from his knee was enough to make a normal person cry in pain.

But he can't fail now. If he fails.

Lussuria glanced at Xanxus and the others, only to see that look in their eyes.

"Why wont he give up? He already can't stand properly..." Tsuna had a look of pity as he watched Lussuria try to convince the cervello to continue the match.

"Varia are special organization of Vongola consisting of the elites of elites. Their members are professional assassins, and failing only means... death."

Tsuna glanced at Reborn with a horrified expression when he heard those words come out of the infant's mouth.

"N-No.. way.."

They all heard a clicking sound and saw that one of the Varia started to move. The android-looking one raised his arms and bullets shot out of his fingers.

Gola Mosca sent bullets to Lussuria under Xanxus' orders.

Lussuria was horrified, scared. He tried to run, but could only sense that the bullets would hit his back in half a second.

...

That was what all of the people present there expected.

...

Except of seeing Lussuria on the ground with a fatal wound from bullets. Their shocked eyes stared at the bullets that seem to stop in mid-air.

"Who is there?!" The cervello raised their voice in warning.

The bullets fell on the ground with small clinks while Lussuria still can't believe that that just happened and  he was still alive.

"Ja-Ja-Jan!!" A voice responded and they all saw a silhouette jump down from a building, landing in front of Lussuria.

"The Hero appears!"

"H--!"

"F--!!"

Standing there was Hikaru, having a smile on his face that didn't fit the tense atmosphere that hung around the area.

"H-Hikaru-san?!" Tsuna was the first one to let out a response to Hikaru's sudden appearance.

"Outsiders are not supposed to intervene in this match." One of the female cervello said and walked a few steps close to Hikaru as if to show a warning.

"Ya ya~ I have an idea to say Cervello sisters!" Hikaru said.

The mentioned two looked at each other and stared at Hikaru warily. It seems that in order to continue the match, they might have to deal with the outsider first.

"Hurry it up, outsider." The cervello said and Hikaru nodded in approval of their understanding.

The male started with a cheerful smile.

"Y'know~ Since Varia tried to deal with Lussuria-san..." Hikaru stooped for a bit and his smile seem to turn a bit sinister, releasing a bit of a terrifying aura that made some flinch, due to the sudden change in character.

"-- that means he's kind of technically fired, right?" The cervello stared at each other, confused on what Hikaru wanted to say, while Reborn slowly caught on what the albino was planning.

"Fujimoto Hikaru temporarily hires Lussuria to his family!"

The silence seem to stay until one finally exclaimed.

"VOII?!! The fuck are you saying, brat! We'll deal with our own business, get out of the way!" Squalo shouted and Hikaru turned to look at him, still with that disturbing cheerful smile.

"Varia tried to kill him right~ Then... the Lussuria from Varia is now DEAD!! He's now one of my lackeys!! Ha! Ha! Ha!" Despite his joking manner, what Hikaru said did make sense.

If Varia doesn't need him anymore, if they are just going to kill him. Then he might as well work for somebody else in order to leave.

Hikaru clapped his hands together.

"That settles it then! I'll take your silence as approval!" Hikaru brought out a paper and two young kids appeared. The boys clad in black and white carried Lussuria as if the man weighed nothing.

"You! Wai--"

"Now then, I'll see you all again soon!" Hikaru threw a paper up in the air.

They all just blinked and Hikaru, Lussuria and the two young boys that carried him, disappeared from where they were before.

Appeared so suddenly and doing the same to his disappearance. Hikaru was like a storm.

__________________

"It looks bad."

"It looks painful."

Lussuria still wasn't that caught on how he was suddenly saved from death. The two foxes circled around him as they looked at his knee with curiosity.

They knew humans were fragile creatures, and unlike them which were spirits, they get easily wounded by the littlest of things.

The former varia member fixed his stare to the back of the boy who saved him.

Hikaru seems to be doing something. The boy was reading some kind of book. He had brushes and pieces of paper close to him.

"You seem to be confused!" Shiro said and made the man flinch from the sudden statement.

"You seem to be worried." Kuro followed up.

"Come on now, don't gather around Lussuria-san and get back here." Hikaru reprimanded the two's actions and brought up a piece of paper while his back faced them.

"Yes!~/Yes." Shiro and Kuro said as they skipped towards where Hikaru was, their figures being reduced to a piece of light that went in the paper that Hikaru was holding.

"Sorry for their actions, Lussuria-san. They still aren't that used on dealing with other humans." Hikaru said and turned to face Lussuria with his carefree smile.

He held one piece of paper with some kind of writing and placed his brush down the table. The albino walked towards the sofa, where Lussuria was. It was a good thing that Ken and Chikusa were asleep or they would've started asking questions on who the new face was.

Lussuria watched as the boy looked at his wound. It was to the point that a normal doctor is unable to restore it to it's former condition.

"Hmmm, I could see that the bone was broken." Hikaru murmured and hid the ofuda he was holding in his shirt.

Lussuria saw the boy take out some pad and a brush shaped like a pen. Hikaru wrote something on it and had a satisfied smile when he finished what he was writing.

The former varia glanced at his knee. It might be beyond recovering to the point where he won't be able to use it for battle. Despite the bloody knee, Hikaru was looking at it without batting an eye.

"Are you thinking that you won't get your knee back to the way it was before?" Hikaru suddenly spoke up and shocked the only other person in the room. Lussuria looked at Hikaru and saw how the boy now held a serious face.

"Hehe... It's not like there are doctors out there that could treat this, and that bastard Shamal won't be willing to heal this." his actions and speech were unlike the Lussuria that Hikaru has seen from the screens back in his past life.

His voice was solemn, as if he had given up hope to have his knee healed, nor being recruited back to Varia.

Knowing that, Hikaru just released a slight chuckle.

"You know Lussuria-san." Hikaru was now bandaging the wound carefully. "Xanxus may act like that now, but he sure is a bad actor."

"What do you mean?" Lussuria asked and Hikaru finished bandaging the wound. The boy stood up, and faced Lussuria.

"Despite his rash actions and bad temper, Xanxus is a man that longs for family." what Hikaru said made the other even more confused.

That meat loving sadist of a boss longing for family? The day they will see that may be when pigs start to have wings and fly.

As Lussuria was so caught up with his thought that he didn't notice that Hikaru placed an ofuda on his bandaged knee. The boy placed one hand up close to his lips, two fingers outstretched and started to mumble under his breath.

The other finally noticed what was happening around him when he saw a blue light appear then looked up to fins what was it's source. Lussuria's eyes widened when he saw Hikaru.

Hikaru was mumbling something that seem to be a series of words, the blue light that appeared below him slightly beginning to brighten. It was as if some kind of force was there, making Hikaru's clothes and hair float up a bit.

"... what is..?" Lussuria tailed off when he heard a sound of a bell. He further observed what the white haired male was doing.

It was some kind of ability that he hasn't seen before. On top of Hikaru's forehead was flames that he hasn't seen before. Flames always had color, yet what he could see was a mix of purity and darkness in Hikaru's flames.

Black and White.

Due to the surprise, it made Lussuria flinch a bit and made Hikaru open his eyes.

"Please do not move, the process will be disrupted." Hikaru's voice held no emotion as he said that. His gold eyes seem to shine with the earrings and blue light. He closed it once again and continued.

Now that Lussuria looked at his knee, the paper above it was releasing the same kind of light and covered it.

What is happening...?  he thought amidst his confusion.

The light slowly died down and Lussuria felt the pain from his knee disappear.

Hikaru opened his eyes, and blinked a few times as if to adjust. He then, had an expression contrast to his cold one from before.

"Ahahaha, let's see if it was successful or not." Hikaru walked to Lussuria and slowly removed the bandage around the man's knee.

What Lussuria saw made his eyes widen, shock dominating over his mind and body. In front of him was a fully healed knee. His knee.

Just a few minutes ago, it's bones was crushed and dry blood soaked it. The proof that it really was wounded was from his torn pants around the knee area, and the dry blood that it had. Yet what he was seeing was how his knee looked like before.

"Ohh, looks like it went well, I thought I lost my concentration there for a bit when you moved, Lussuria-san." Hikaru continued as if he didn't just do some kind of miracle that would put doctors to shame.

Just then, the two foxes went out of their ofuda with no consent from Hikaru.

"Seimei! Seimei! You're amazing! You already mastered it!" Shiro said and clung onto Hikaru's back.

"This is... a wonderful result, Seimei-sama." Kuro said while having a small smile as he looked at the knee then to Hikaru.

"Ahaha, you don't need to say it like that, it's embarrassing!" Hikaru had a laid back smile on his face while the two continued to shout praises for his achievement.

"..You..... How.. did you.. heal.. it?" that might be the only question that Lussuria was able to say for now.

Hikaru heard Lussuria's question and had the foxes go back to their ofuda.

"I didn't exactly heal your knee." Hikaru said with raised brows.

"Then... what exactly did you do to it?" Lussuria asked, gesturing to the fully healed knee.

"Well~ I think simply saying, I kind of turned back it's time. Y'know... back to the point before it was injured." Hikaru said that as if it was nothing but Lussuria knew it was a powerful ability.

To turn back time was amazing in itself but the boy surely had other more abilities. Like that time where he stopped the bullets, or when they suddenly appeared from Nami-chuu to the front of Hikaru's house.

It was an ability that Lussuria didn't know of, and that statement came from someone who was deeply connected with the mafia.

__________________

A/N:

-Being able to turn back time is a powerful ability that Hikaru can only cast it on a small scale. Who knows, maybe he'll be able to do it on bigger targets in the near future.

-Lussuria sounds out of character here but I personally think it's just right since the varia did try to kill him just because he lost a battle.

-Shiro and Kuro do not look at Hikaru in a romantic way. They are much more inclined on wanting to protect their new master since they failed on doing it to the first Seimei.

Akari was a very open-minded person, making Hikaru able to take in new unexpected things and let it just happen.

-Hikaru quickly grasped how his ability worked just by reading the onmyouji related records and books that his grandfather gave him.

-It shocked his parents and clan that Hikaru quickly mastered the arts of Onmyodo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 6.8K 51
Koro died, killed by his students. A satisfying death. --- "Did you plan on betraying us from the start?" Koro blinked. "I didn't have anything to lo...
7.8K 353 30
A story about an indolent girl who just want to snuggles with anyone she can trust and sleep.. or maybe not. *** I don't own KHR [Name] uses girl's p...
136K 5.5K 70
All it took was a plane crash, and Kise Ryota was no more. Strangely enough, he didn't feel sadness, only regret. Regret for not checking his engine...