Abandoned

By NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 9: Rejected
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 15: Back to Normal?
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation
Chapter 26: Separated
Chapter 27: Secret Plan
Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas

44.8K 1K 163
By NoraGrande

-Melissa's POV-

I growled. I try to remove Chris' big arm that was wrapping around my waist. He keep on pulling me towards his naked body. I sighed in defeat. Chris moaned. He turned me around and ravenously kissed me, sucking and licking every square inch of my mouth. I could feel his hands tangling in my hair, pushing me closer to him so that the kiss became deeper. It took a few seconds before he pulled away and looked at me with his lullaby look. He must be so tired after working overtime last night.

"Chris?" I whispered while circling my hands at his solid body.

"Yes baby?" He replied with his eyes closed. Every time he replied me with the word "baby", my cheeks always starts to turned red.

"Erm, I'm late for school. Could you please let me go and wash up?" I stuttered.

His eyes shot open. He sighed. "Must you go to school? I wanna enjoy my day off with you." He muttered while rubbing his eyes. I just giggled and quickly took the opportunity to escape from his embrace before he put his arms around me again after rubbing his eyes.

"I love to, but it's my senior year. I have to, at least, enjoy my last year in high school." I heard him grumbled. I just ignored him and went to the shower.

*Chris' POV*

Once Mel went into the bathroom, I quickly got up from bed and took my cellphone. Since Melissa is going to school and I have nothing to do, I decided to call Natalie. While waiting for Natalie to pick up her phone, I quickly put on a new boxers. I waited and waited. There is no answer. I sighed.

It's been a week since I got married with Melissa. Well, I have to because she is carrying my baby. And also, I don't want to put my reputation down just because of someone carrying my child without any marriage done. I also felt sorry for her as she have no one to be by her side. That's another reason why I married her.

I try to call Natalie again. Finally she answered.

"Hey, I know that you're mad at me because I've been ignoring you this past few weeks. But, since today I'm free, how about we grab lunch near our office?" I managed to say it with confidence. She just reply me a simple 'okay' and hang up without saying goodbye. Man, I really pissed her off.

-Melissa's POV-

By the time I came out from the bathroom, Chris is nowhere to be seen. I guessed he may be in his living room, watching the morning news. For today's outfit, I decided to wear something simple. I decided to wear a long, dark blue skinny jeans and also a long-sleeved, grey cotton sweater. I then wrapped a grey scarf around my neck and wear geek glasses as accessories. And to match my outfit, I wore a grey timberland boots. As for the hair, I decided to do a braided flower tieback. After my last touch-up, I grabbed my brand new black backpack. I managed to buy new textbooks as I left my textbook after the father-daughter accident happened.

I instantaneously went out of Chris', or should I say our, bedroom as I'm really late for school. Since my school starts at around 9am sharp, I have only half an hour to reach there which is impossible as our penthouse is really far away from my school. I literally running towards the front door, doesn't care where Chris is. But I was stopped by someone pulling my wrist.

"No goodbye kiss? Wow, already ditching me after a week... What a good wife." He pretends to pout and crossed his arms. I laughed at his actions and went closer to him, giving him a short kiss. As I was about to unlock the front door, Chris grabbed my wrist again. What now?

"Not enough. Kiss me again." He demanded. I growled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and bring his head closer to mine. I then give him a long kiss full of passion, love and happiness. Yes, one week being his wife is by far the most happiest thing in my life. I pulled away and whispered a goodbye at his ear. He just smiled and lead me to the elevator. I waved him goodbye and the elevator door closed. I pressed the basement button that leads to the garage. Our private garage we reserved for our cars.

For those who are wondering, Chris and I currently living at the very top floor penthouse. We're are the only one that live on that floor as only the millionaires can afford to buy the top floor penthouse to ourselves. Chris bought this house by the time we returned from Paris. So far, I love it. We can see the city of New York from where we live. And did I say the penthouse is really huge? It is a three-story penthouse. For the first floor, it's just usual rooms - living room, dining room, kitchen, an outdoor balcony, two offices and a study room that have a library connected together. As for the second floor, all of the rooms are the bedrooms with a bathroom each. So altogether, there will be six bedrooms. And for the last floor, it's for entertainment - an arcade room, a music and dance studio (for me), a bowling alley, a medium-sized movie theatre and an outdoor garden. So that's the whole background of the house, I guess.

I quickly walk towards my car that Chris bought for me, a red Ferrari, like a bat out of hell. I unlocked it and instantly jumped into the car. I started the engine and drove off to my high school in full speed. It took exactly half an hour to reach my high school. By the time I came out of the car, the school bell rang loudly. I looked at my first lesson on my schedule, a double period calculus. Oh wow, my favourite subject... Note that sarcasm guys!

It's been so long since I walked at the school hallway. I knocked the door to my class and of course, I get scolded by my calculus teacher, Mrs. Schneider. I just apologized and sit in front of the class as that's the only place that is available. I could sense that everyone is looking at me. I wonder why. Is there something at my hair? I ignored them and try to concentrate what Mrs. Schneider is teaching. Suddenly, someone throw a paper ball at me. I glared at whoever throw it, but of course I don't know who he or she was. I picked the paper ball up and it turned out to be a letter. I scan through the letter.

'Meet me at our usual place, where we used to make out, during lunch. -James'

Really? James? Among 28 people in class, James is the one that throw the paper? When I saw Mrs. Schneider writing on the blackboard, I try to search where James sit. He happened to be at the very last row with his football friends. I quickly scrambled an 'okay' at the paper and throw at him back. I saw him read the letter and he smiled. Oh god, I miss that smile. I then went back to focusing on Mrs. Schneider's teaching as I missed out a lot during the past weeks I'm not in school.

*Chris' POV*

It is so boring, being alone in this huge penthouse without Melissa. I keep on staring at the clock on the wall instead of the news that is on the television. Suddenly, I heard the news reporter say my name. I turned up the volume and listened carefully. I hope it's good news this time.

"Now moving on to business categories. To start off, we have Chris Cortes, CEO of Cortes Co., also known as one of the most richest billionaires on the world. We currently got a rumor that he is married to a high school girl in Paris because she is carrying his heir. We haven't identify the girl's name yet. This information and sources came from a paparazzi that has been following wherever Chris Cortes go."

I gripped onto the T.V remote and throw it towards the wall, leaving it shattered to pieces on the floor. I combed my hair to back and gripped it. A wave of futile rage swept over me. How? I have to admit, that paparazzi have some skills. But seriously, how? It's impossible as some of the places we go is private and also expensive that only millionaires can afford it. All of a sudden, my phone rang. When I picked up my phone,I see my reflection in the mirror. My face turned red with fury emotions inside me. My eyes flashed with anger and resentment. I was like a bull in a china shop. Since I was once put into an anger management therapy, I try to control my anger by closing my eyes and breathing in and out constantly.

I then picked up my phone and answered to the caller calmly. It turned out to be Natalie. She just wanted to told me that she will be at the restaurant in less than thirty minutes. I just replied 'okay' bluntly. I took my black leather jacket and went out. This could be it. Me and Natalie gonna end our relationship once and for all.

-Melissa's POV-

There is another five minutes left until the history lesson ends. I wonder what James want from me. I sighed. I kept on staring at the clock as today's topic is boring. Without warning, a thick textbook slammed on my table. Argh, again?! Really?

"Miss Evans, you still love the clock more than my class don't you. But since you already missed out a lot of lessons this past few weeks. Since you just came back, no detention for you. As for your punishment, I decided to give you more homework than the others," snarled Mrs. Lee. I just rolled my eyes and continue drawing doodles on my notes. Wait, what? More homework. Oh my god!

Finally, the lunch bell rang. I kinda miss cafeteria food but I have to meet James first. I went to the back of the school where the jocks always lift weights and such. I then moved an uneven wooden panel to the side and opened the secret door. I already saw James waited me. To be honest, I missed him. His smiles. His hugs. His jokes. His kiss. Oh god.. This is torturing.

"Hey. You have ten minutes to talk as I want to eat today's cafeteria's special meal." I crossed my arms and tapped my right foot to an unknown rhythm.

"What's the matter with you?" He started. I gave him a confused look. What does he mean by that? I'm okay, only him bring crazy out of the sudden.

"Don't give me that face, Mel. I mean look at you. You never been late for class before. As for your appearance, hmm.. Where do I start. Just now when you arrived, the whole school looked at you because you're driving a damn Ferrari. And your outfit, I thought you hated boots. Seriously, what's wrong with you?" He explained. Now I get it. He is just jealous about everything I have right now.

"You know what, James. Just face it. You're just jealous that I have everything. You're rich, I'm rich. So we're kinda even. So there's no need for you to jealous," I end my sentence with a wryly smirk. I heard him growled with frustration. I guessed I win then.

"For fucks' sake, Melissa! I'm not jealous of you! I just wanted to know where you get the money to buy all this shit you're wearing and using. Don't tell me your father get like almost a million just in one fucking illegal fight." Venom spewed from his lips as he cursed belligerently. Even though the room is dark and has only a dim light bulb above us, I could see an angry frown creased his forehead. I could feel his glare burning it's mark into the back of his head. Hmph, that doesn't startled me at all.

"For your information, I just get kicked out from my house by my dad because of certain reasons. And the money I get is from my hus- boyfriend which is better than you. So please, no more questions about my life." I did not want to tell him about me getting married already, because news flash, I'm only seventeen and pregnant. As I was about to open the tiny door to get out, James pulled my waist towards him and pushed my back to a wall. He then put his two arms by my side to prevent me from escaping.

"And that fucker just make you a very cold-hearted bitch. I just wanted to come here and apologize to you on what I've done during our two years relationship anniversary and trying to get back together with you. But luckily I haven't get to that topic yet. If I did, I just dated the most cold-hearted bitch I've ever met." He bellowed. How dare he put the blame on Chris about my personality? I spat on his face and slapped him as hard as I could, leaving a red mark on his left cheek.

"I will not put up with this anymore. We're done, forever." I said stomping out the door, thrashing it closed behind me. I quickly ran from that scene and went to the cafeteria without looking back.

Once I stepped into the cafeteria, the room went quiet and all eyes were on me. "What!" I roared. All of them were afraid after the outburst I did. Then everyone continued to do what they did before I came in. I started to get bothered by everyone looking at me. I raced towards the line, that is queuing for the food, and looked at the menu. I decided to just get a bowl of mushroom soup as I don't want to dirty my hands when eating, for example, a hamburger. I then settled myself down at the table where I sat with Olivia and my other friends from dance.

"What took you so long to get here? We started to get worried," one of my dance friends, Kaitlyn, asked. She is so far the most nicest girl I've ever met since Freshmen year. But when it comes to dance battle, she is so hyped.

"Haizz, I have a little problem with James earlier. But now, it's settled." I smiled confidently at them so they know that I'm fine. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and was greeted by my nemesis in everything, Megan and her gang. Great, more troublemakers. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"How ya doin', Megan? It's been so long I've talked to you after you beat me on a dance battle at James' party two months ago." I crossed my arms and stared at her with my big eyes. She laughed.

"You've changed, girl. Not a dorky type anymore. I see.. Well, I'm fine. Just wanted to tell you that I've been together with James after your miserable break-up. And I want to invite you and your dorky friends to my party to celebrate my one-month relationship with James next Friday. And of course, there's a dance battle. Like I said, our battles will never stops. So you're on?" Her friends behind her all cheer for her. I pretend to check my nails and yawned. Her annoying voice always want me to fall asleep. I saw her glaring at me.

"Didn't know you're done with your court speech. Do you think I fucking care about your boyfriend? Last time I checked, I had just spat at his face and slapped him ten minutes ago. And talking about dance battle, yup. It's always on." I moved in closer to her and said that lines full of confidence. I could sense that everyone is looking at us. I even heard some jocks cheering for a cat fight. But obviously, that's not going happened.

Megan then shouted at me, "you know what, bitch! I'll see you at my party next Friday and I will make you lose so bad that you will cry and ran out of my house. Like a usual, three pieces of dance routine. Now, fuck off from me until we meet again next Friday!" Then, two huge hands placed at her shoulders. Of course, it's James.

His cheek is still red from my slap. And that shocked Megan. I heard her say, "awwh baby, does Melissa slapped you?" I rolled my eyes in disgust and pretend to make a 'throw-up' sound. James realized what I did and lead Megan and her girly bodyguards out from the cafeteria. I saw Megan turned her head to face me and muttered "Bitch" at me. I sweetly waved at her, showing her the middle finger afterwards and enjoyed my food. By the time I finished my meal, the bell rang. I looked at my schedule after lunch - it's a double period music class. Great. I'll be in the same class with my friends and... Megan. When I walked out of the cafeteria, a lot of seniors patted my back and praised on what I've did to Megan just now. It's my first time I get praises by them. I feel so contented by my actions. I hope I could do that again whenever Megan or James approached me.

*Chris' POV*

I stepped into the restaurant and couldn't see Natalie anywhere. I decided to sit at the corner. I called out for a waiter and ordered a bottle of champagne. It took me five times to pour my champagne until Natalie came in. Once she was in, she keep searching for me. I waved at her to make her search easier. She looked at me and suddenly her face turned red with fury. She stormed her way through the restaurant, dismantling everything in her path. Slamming her palms down onto the table, she asked, "Who is that bitch you get married to in Paris?" I guess she had watched this morning news.

Luckily, there is only less than ten people in the restaurant. "Well, she is Melissa Evans. The girl you have a staring contest with two weeks ago." I answered her full of aplomb while sipping on my champagne. Tears started to well up her eyes and began rolling down her cheeks like rivulets. She felt as if her heart had been ripped from her body. But then her eyes pierced at me. At that moment, if her eyes were a weapon, the piercing look in then could have caused serious destruction. She then left the restaurant without looking back. From there, I know that I will not meet her again.

-Melissa's POV-

During the school period, it's alright I guess. After all the dramas, Olivia and I change to our dance clothes and walked to the dance studio that is located at the end of the hallway.

"So, how's your life with Chris now?" Olivia asked.

"Well, it is so far the most happiest thing ever to start a new life." I smirked and continue texting Chris that I'll be home late.

"What do you mean, new life?"

I leaned closer to her ear and whispered, "I just get kicked out from home and I'm married to Chris. Don't tell anyone about this." I gave her the uncertain look. I have trust issues even though it's from my best friend.

She looked at me, shocked. "Oh. My. Gosh! Congrats! Alright, alright. I won't tell anyone. Pinky promise?" She sticked out her pinky. I giggled at her childishness. I then sticked out my pinky and did the cute promise handshake thingy.

By the time we ended our conversation, we also have reached the dance studio. Apparently, only Kaitlyn and other of my dance friends; Michelle, Madison, Oliver and Ken, are in. We decided to stay back because of the dance battle with Megan and her crew next Friday.

As for those who are wondering of our crew name, we are known as '3M2K2O'. You may think that Oliver and Olivia are a very close names which could resemble as siblings. Well, they are. A twin, to be specific. And as for Megan's, her crew contains nine girls. And they are known as 'Fab. Barbies'. Yeah, what a lame name they have there.

Back to reality. All seven of us decided to do warm-ups first before we figured out some dance steps. All of us agreed to at least finished a song today. We don't know what song to play yet. I plugged in my iPod, also Chris bought it for me, and the song, 'On The Floor' by Jennifer Lopez blasted the room. Kaitlyn and Michelle are always the one that in charge of the warm-ups. So we follow whatever both of them are doing for three minutes.

After the warm-ups, we all sat in a circle and discuss on the songs. Olivia and Oliver sat beside me. Both of them, so far, are the closest friends I've ever had.

We keep on having problems when choosing the songs, because the boys doesn't like our choice when it comes to Justin Bieber. To be honest, his songs have a lot of dance beat so that it would be easier for us to choreograph. I think deeply. I know that all of them love Chris Brown. So I decided to sound out.

"Guys. Guys! Shut up for a second," I shouted, trying to get their attention. They all looked at me.

"All right, how about we do Chris Brown? Since all of us loves him." Their face all looked elated. Then they all nodded.

"Let's do 'Show Me'. This song is awesome. Pleaseeee." Ken whined. To stop his whining, we all say 'okay' at him at the same time.

"But I want the remix version. Have you guys heard Trey Songz's remix version of this?" Madison asked. She then hid her face with her hands to prevent from getting beaten by Ken if he disagrees. She is the most cutest girl in our group. I nodded and quickly ran towards my iPod and change the song. We all sing along at the chorus and some of us already invented some of the dance steps. So I guessed we all stick to this song then.

It took us almost two hours to finish our choreography to this song. Well, that's our new record. We all gathered our bags and went out of the dance studio. I looked at my watch, it's already five o'clock. Kaitlyn, Madison and Michelle went off first, leaving the rest of us behind. We waited for Ken to finish buying his drink at the soda machine near the dance studio.

After Ken bought his drink, we all walked through the school hallway towards the exit. We didn't talk much when we walked. Out of the sudden, Oliver spoke up.

"So, Melissa, why didn't you come to school for the past few weeks? We all missed you, girl." He then put his arms around me. It is completely normal for us to do this as we're best friends since the start of high school year.

"Well, I actually don't know. I'm just outta town for awhile to calm my mind after the break-up, I guess." I shrugged. Then, Ken starts to ask me questions.

"Why must you go out of town? You know you have us, right? We can protect you. Any problems, you can trust us. Speaking of break-ups, did you moved on? Do you have a new boyfriend?" He then sipped his soda, waiting for my answer.

"Erm, I do have a boyfriend. His name, Chris. He's.. uhh.. a businessman." I stuttered. I don't want them to know that I'm married to Chris yet. Luckily Olivia just keep her mouth shut and let me do the talking. But, Oliver doesn't look happy. I wonder why.

"A businessman? Wow, that's why you have a lot of new, branded stuffs. So what company is he working on?" Ken asked me again. Okay, a little background of Ken. He's kinda a busybody kind. Why? Because apart from dancing, he also did the school's monthly magazine. So, moving on...

"He's the CEO of Cortes Co." I said it bluntly as if it's not a big deal. Ken suddenly spit his soda, leaving the floor wet. As for Oliver, he looked at me as if I just told them that I had just committed a crime. And for Olivia, she just laughed at the boys' reactions. She then opened the exit door, leading to the school's parking lot. And we are welcomed by the bad weather. It's been rainy these days and I hate it 'cause I could easily get sick.

I decided to ask Oliver why he didn't look too good when I told Ken I had a 'boyfriend'. I nudged Oliver to the side and asked Ken and Olivia to go to Oliver's car first.

"Are you okay?" I asked him while putting my hand at his cheek. He breathed in deeply.

"I'm fine. Why you asked?" He looked at me in a confused look.

"You don't seem happy when I told Ken that I have a boyfriend."

He sighed and took both of my hands. "I'm just worried about you for the past few weeks, Lissa. I just don't want to see you get hurt by some other guys again." Yeah, he is the only one that call me 'Lissa'.

"I'll be alright. Trust me. If I need help, I come to you." I smiled at him even though my teeth is chattering due to the weather. Surprisingly, he realized that I'm cold and gave me his jacket. I refused to wear it but he gave me the finger to signal me to not say a word.

"I guess I should go now. Not wanting Ken and Olivia to wait for so long. You can give my jacket tomorrow." He chuckled and kissed my cheek. I just nodded and hugged him. I waved him goodbye and went to my car.

But then I saw Chris leaning against my car, looking depressed. Since when he got here? And why does he have that look on his face? Ignoring all my question in my head, I ran towards him and hugged him. "When did you got here?" I asked, while hugging him. But, he did not answer or even hugged me back. Weird.

I pulled away and gave him a confused look. "Just get in the car." He said roughly, while he opened the door to the driver's seat. I sighed. What did I just do wrong? The whole ride was quiet. So to release the boredom, I put my earpieces and blasted some of my favourite songs while texting Olivia about Chris acting strange. It didn't took that long to reach our penthouse as he has been speeding.

By the time we entered our penthouse, I grabbed his wrist and asked him what's wrong. He just said nothing and pushed my hand away, going to his home office. I put all my things down and rushed towards him. I turned his back around and shouted at him, "What the hell is wrong with you? Talk to me!"

He then looked at me with his dark eyes. "You want to know why I'm mad? Ask yourself these questions. Why are you touching other guy's cheek like the way you touch my cheek? Why does that guy took your hands? Why you let him kissed your cheek? Why you're wearing his jacket? Why did you hugged him? And most importantly, who is he?"

I looked at him speechless. He saw all that? How long has he been there? Realizing I'm still wearing Oliver's jacket, I took it off and throw it on the floor. I then started to talk back at him with a much more louder voice.

"This is just a misunderstanding! I wear his jacket 'cause I'm cold. And if I get too cold, I can easily get sick. You want to know why I hugged him and let him kissed my cheek? 'Cause we're best friends and we did that every time even when I had James as my boyfriend. And guess what? James doesn't care as he knows that me and Oliver are best friends."

"Now you compared me with James? Saying that he is better? Alright, if you think he is better than me, then get back together with him!"

"Well, I can't. He is now with someone that I hate the most. He almost get me back just now but because of my bitchiness, he didn't. And he accused you for my attitude. So that shows that you're more better than him!"

Suddenly, my visions starts to get blurry. I then started to get dizzy. I pressed my forehead to release the dizziness. Then, I could feel something dripping on my hands. Blood. I touched my nose. "Chris..." I said softly. He looked at me, shocked. He heard him swore. He came by my side and carried me to our room. He placed me slowly on the bed and start calling the ambulance. My breathing starts to quicken. What is happening to me? The headache is getting bad to worse. The bleeding still continues.

Chris' voice started to fade away even though he is standing right next to me, with a panic look. My visions turned black afterwards, couldn't hear anything. And the next thing I know is that I had fainted after our first argument as husband and wife.

--------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! To be honest, this is not the best chapter I had written. And I'm disappointed with my own self. So, I'll try to make it better for the next upcoming chapters. So make sure you vote and comment :)

Love,
Nora xx

*DIDNT LOOK THROUGH AGAIN, SORRY IF THERE IS SOME MISTAKES*

P.S: Her wedding dress from previous chapter at the side :)

There is also a dance video that Melissa and her dance friends used for their dance battle next Friday. xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 0 8
Note : If you're not into gpreader who makes the wrong decisions. Don't read this. Save yourself from stress. This is ocreader so if you Don't like t...
65.2K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
3.1K 239 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
8M 200K 43
Jack Ryder was one of the youngest billionaires in the US. He had everything guys his age dream on; models in each arm,money & fast cars. When he go...