ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴅᴏʀᴏᴋɪ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

By kiirashima

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "y/n sweetheart, I'm not playing anymore. Come out so we can forget about this." A... More

꧁𝙄 𝙣 𝙛 𝙤 ꧂
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
UPDATE (sorry i have been gone so long)

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

2K 48 84
By kiirashima

↱ ↰
⋆ 𝙃𝙪𝙧𝙩 ⋆
↳ ↲

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(In this story Todoroki gets into UA via the exam rather than recommendation.)

Sleep.  It was one of the things in life y/n treasured the most.  It was an escape, a release from her broken life.  A place she could go where there was no abuse, no fighting, no villains.  Unfortunately, y/n never got much of it.  The constant pressures of her reality wouldn't allow her to.  The constant buzzing of her alarm wouldn't either.

You flashed your tired e/c eyes open slowly before quickly shutting them again due to the sting of  bright sunlight entering them.  Next stretching your thin arms in attempt to wake yourself up, frowning at the audible click that was created whilst doing so.  Bringing you hands to your face, you rubbed your eyes gently, a small, soft yawn exiting your lips.

Maybe today would be different, you thought to yourself.  You longed for something new to appear in the uneventful life you lived but it always turned out the same: wake up, go to school, come home, train, sleep. The occasional argument with your mother too.

Pushing the warm covers off your body, you slid your idle legs off your bed down to the fluffy carpet that covered your floor. You took a deep breath and made the decision to get up. Although you're situation wasn't the best, you tried to see the positives in your life, at least you were going to school and getting an education being some of them. You had a nice friendship group at school too, you could even be called popular by some. However unlike many, your personality and overall kindness was what made people so drawn to you, always offering advice and help to those who wanted it. It was a shame life wasn't giving you anything in return for your kindness.

It had already been 10 minuets before you were fully able to wake up and get out of bed. Needing to get ready you swiftly made your way to the bathroom.

The l/n house wasn't a tidy one. Just like many of the rooms the petite, grey bathroom was no exception to the mess. Old fashioned wallpaper clung for dear life to the plaster behind, some even hanging off in places. y/n despised of the lack of care given to their home, it was her fathers after all. If she was to ever get the money to fix up the once beautiful home she promised herself she would do so. Old tiles creaked as y/n walked inside the bathroom. Bottles of used shampoo along with other hygiene products laid scattered around the mostly bare room, calling to be put away. Ignoring the obvious mess, y/n went to the sink and picked up her f/c toothbrush. Above the sink hung a simple mirror. y/n glanced at it, taking in her features slightly before looking away.

y/n was a pretty girl, even with the dark circles that lined her glossy eyes. She wouldn't believe it if someone told her, but she really was. She had long shiny hair and sparking e/c eyes. Prominent cheek bones and long eyelashes framed her delicate face with a smile that could kill.  Despite not being able to care less, you tried to keep up your appearance.  Occasionally, you wore a small amount of concealer to hide the deep coloured eye bags that had formed.  You didn't want people to worry, you already felt like enough of a burden in your own home.

Weight had never been an issue for y/n, neither her or her mother could afford to over indulge.  Constant, intense training had always kept you lean. Some could even call you a little underweight.  Although your father was a tall man, you had inherited your mother's minor height. For your age group, you stood at a petite 5"1.  You had always wished your were taller, you wanted to seem more intimidating to villains. It definitely wasn't the look you were going for.

An abrupt "Y/N!" from your mother was enough to snap you out of your thoughts. Like usual, you were probably now running late. "STOP PISSING AROUND AND LEAVE ALREADY!" spat the angry woman.  You set your f/c toothbrush down and threw on your grey school uniform, next dragging your feet down the old, worn out stairs.  At the bottom stood your annoyed mother. 

"For gods sake y/n! I've got someone coming over and I don't want you here!"

It was the third time this week "someone" had been over.  You assumed it was another one of your mother's short lasting boyfriends.  Normally, they didn't even stick around long enough for you to meet them, although you assumed that you would be kicked out before you got the chance. The thought of your mother being with someone else who was not your father irritated you - he was so loyal.

Picking up your plain school bag, you uttered a pathetic "goodbye." before having the door shut in your face by your scowling mother. Sighing and taking a deep breath of crisp air you began your long journey to school.  The cold winds of winter nipped at your skin through the thin uniform, a slight shiver running along your body. You always felt disappointed walking to school. UA was your dream, but there was an issue at the entrance exam.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Flashback
Crowded and cramped. Practically everyone who was old enough to attend UA was here. People of all different shapes, sizes and quirks were flowing in. Just like the rest, you too wanted to join and become a successful hero. For many this would be the most important day of their lives.

The task was simple, destroy the most robots to win. How hard could it be? Extremely.

There was a slight problem. Your quirk, Instinct, only works on humans. You were going to have to rely on your fighting skills only. At this time, you may as well have been quirkless when compared to the others. How could you win with just your fists? Without being able to predict attacks it would take you twice as long to take down a robot making it near impossible to destroy the most.

Anxiety crept up on you as the last preparations for the test were being made. You were finding it hard to breath but you quickly brushed it off, trying to focus on the task ahead.  Hoping to calm yourself, you let unsteady pants frequently leave your mouth. You were nervous.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"I-"

"It's okay to be scared y'know. I am too."

A tall, red headed boy stood next to you, placing a large hand on your shoulder in a comforting manner. He smiled down at your small figure. You felt slightly intimidated but your quirk reassured you he was only trying to help. "I'm Kirishima, Kirishima Eijirou!" he beamed. You shuffled nervously before introducing yourself; "l/n, l/n f-f/n." you whisper spoke.  The muscular boy smiled, "hey that's a cute name, it suits you."

"Everyone get ready and head to the test site." sounded a random speaker nearby.

It was time to go. With one last "Good luck y/n! I hope we'll meet again soon." The now know to you as Kirishima was gone.

The air was filled with nervous tension, your quirk intensifying the feeling greatly.  Making your way over to the open area of space where the entrance exam would be held, you couldn't help but become overly worried again. What if you weren't good enough?

The exam space consisted of a city like set up.  Tall buildings and simple trees stood in regular patterns. You guessed it was a recreation off the modern outside city that surrounded you. Settled by thought that you knew the terrain well enough, you stretched and readied yourself. You took a black hairband and tightly tied your long h/c hair into a simple ponytail, keeping it from obstructing your view.

An ear piercing, siren like noise signalled the start of the intense test to come.

Scanning the area around, you began to see tall, bulky robots start making their way into view. They were made of various, shiny metals that refracted the light.

Failure wasn't an option for you. This was your dream. You wanted to help people who couldn't help themselves. You wanted to avenge your father. Without thinking, you began charging full throttle towards the nearest robot. An uneasy feeling mixed with pure Adrenalin began to knot in your stomach as you continued to run, something felt wrong. Despite sensing similar feelings to the one at hand often, this was somehow different. You felt almost as if the cause of this tension was inside of you. Ignoring it was the best option for you at that moment you thought. If only you knew what was about to happen.

Face to face with the robot you had targeted, you made your first move. A powerful right hook was delivered to the neck, stunning it slightly. Taking this opportunity, you swung your toned leg back, aiming for a kick to its legs in hope of knocking it off balance. As you began moving your leg in a strong forward motion everything turned black.

There you were. A perfect view of your father. He stood in front of a trembling small child you had never seen before, acting as a shield. Opposite was a grinning man, his eyes covered by a black rag.

"Tell me, do you want to die for a child you don't even know?"

"I won't let you hurt innocent people, strangers or not."

The sound of bullets rang through the air. Your father slumped to the ground, blood seeping from his lifeless body.

"DAD!"
"PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!"
"p-please.."

Currently your body laid shaking violently on the floor.  Noticeable whimpers escaped your lips.  You needed help.

At that moment, a certain boy with two toned hair happened to sprint right by your shaking body. He seemed confused but quickly recognised you were in serious trouble. Kneeling down next to your unconscious frame, he tried shaking you gently.  No response.  "Fuck!"  Trying again, he added more force in attempt to snap you out of whatever was happening to you.

With a sharp intake of breath reality hit you,  you had regained consciousness.  Tears rolled down your pale face as you continued to tremble intensely.  You were still at the exam, except there was now a concerned looking boy staring down at you whilst cradling you in his arms. He radiated heat, it was comforting. Moving slightly, you adjusted yourself so your face met his. You gripped him tightly, breaking down even more, sobbing into his warm chest. A hand rubbed you back soothingly, petting your head occasionally.

"Shh. It's okay now, your safe."

You whimpered in response. "Pull yourself together!" you thought.

"Let's get you out of here okay?"

You melted into a puddle at the sound of his voice. He wrapped a pair of strong arms around you, picking you up and carrying you bridal style. "W-what's your n-name?" you questioned through hiccups.

"Shoto Todoroki."

During that moment you felt such a mix of feelings you failed to even notice your quirk producing clear warning signs at his presence. Everything was too much. You slipped into a deep sleep, forgetting the cruel world in which you lived.

End of flashback

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The majority of that day was still fuzzy in your mind. You had been told that you were taken straight home by staff due to your condition. Later that week you received a letter from UA, it wasn't a positive one. It went along the lines of; 

To y/n l/n,

We regret to inform you that due to your performance at the exam for a space in UA,  you didn't make the top competitors. Unfortunately, our spaces are limited therefore we cannot offer you a place in our hero program.

Apologies,

Of course you were upset, but you convinced yourself to grin and bare it.  You could still get a different job that you liked with an education at least right? You liked your current school too.

However, you wished there was a way that you could get another shot at UA.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

An:
oMg I'm exhausted after writing 2k words.

So yh lol opportunities coming in the next chapter ;))

Please vote! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5.7K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
946K 21.7K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
307K 9.2K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
95.5K 3.2K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...