LIKE STARS

By TheOfficialSemiloore

| PUBLISHED ON HINOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON RNOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON READOO | | PUBLISHED ON VOLCANOEBOOK | ... More

- Chapter One -
- Chapter Two -
- Chapter Three -
- Chapter Four -
- Chapter Five -
- Chapter Six -
- Chapter Seven -
- Chapter Eight -
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven.
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapty Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Fourteen

2.7K 538 14
By TheOfficialSemiloore

Semiloore glanced at Tamiloore "Will you okay at home alone?" She asked.

"Sure" Tamiloore replied. Semiloore sighed as she picked her books.

"I'll be fine,c'mon" Tamiloore added.

"Ohh, go and stay with Tolani" Semiloore said and Tamiloore nodded.

"Yeah,that's much better than staying home alone" Tamiloore replied.

Semiloore smiled as she grabbed her headphones and school bag and walked out of the house. She tapped on her Opay app and ordered for a bike and as she got out of the house, a bike was waiting for her already.

"What are you staring at?" She asked the bikeman as she climbed the bike.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The bike soon came to a stop in front of Nathaniel's house. She got down and paid before knocking on the gate.

The gateman opened the gate and frowned when he saw her, "Who you dey look for?"(means who are you looking for)  he asked.

"Nath" Semiloore replied.

"Wetin happen?"(means what happened?") The gateman asked again.

"Will you ask him to come out" Semiloore replied already getting irritated.

"Oga no tell me.... "(means my boss didn't tell me) the gateman started but suddenly got interrupted.

"Bali,stop interrogating her and let her in" a voice said.

"Sorry Oga, sorry" he said to Semiloore as he opened the gate for her.

Semiloore swallowed her saliva as she took in the compound. This is a freaking mansion,she told herself. She turned and saw an unfamiliar guy staring at her.

Semiloore frowned as the guy raised his eyebrows.

"Nath"he called.

"Huh?" Nath yelled from inside the house.

"Your classmate's here" the guy said.

"Don't they know the way in?" Nath asked again.

"I don't think this one knows" the guy replied.

"Adam please" Nath said.

"Its a girl" Adam said again.

"Huh?" Nath asked in slight surprise.

"The amount of times you just ran your eyes over me if you had used your legs instead, you'll be faster than Bolt" Semiloore said and Nathaniel burst into laughter as he walked outside .

"Adam that wasn't for you right?" Nath asked and Adam glanced at the girl slightly and snickered.

"Semi.... " Nathaniel's words got stick in his throat as he took in her appearance. Semiloore was wearing a sorta small top revealing her belly button and flat tommy and shorts that barely reached her knees showing off her long slender legs.

"Whoa! Semiloore" someone said from her back.

"Hey prick" Semiloore greeted.

"What's up?" Joshua asked as he kept glancing at her.

"You look hot" John said coyly.

"Right, Oxford has really been hiding you beneath those long socks" Joshua added.

"I should take a picture" Joshua said as he brought out his phone. He didn't even let her pose before snapping her.

"You should have let me pose" Semiloore whined.

"Calm down,unaware pictures are the best" Joshua replied as he checked the picture he took.

"They suck" Semiloore replied.

John glanced at Adam "Don't tell me you got smacked already?" He asked as Adam rolled his eyes.

"The hell I did" he replied and the boys burst into laughter and Adam just chuckled.

"Ohh this is my elder brother Adam, Adam my classmate Semiloore" Nathaniel said.

"Elder brother?" Semiloore asked in surprise.

"Yeah" Nath replied.

"He's quite cute" Semiloore said and Adam gave her a you-dont-mean-it expression.

Semiloore stretched her hand "Nice to meet you" Semiloore said while Adam glanced at her hand and scoffed before walking inside the house.

She just embarrassed him and now she wants to make friends, how dare her!

"Ouch!" John said.

"I wasn't expecting that" Joshua added.

"I don't blame him,his ego must have being affected" Semiloore replied and the boys burst into laughter.

Adam opened his mouth when he heard her reply but changed his mind and stormed to his room.

They walked inside the house as a middle aged woman in an apron walked out of the kitchen.

"Good morning ma" John and Joshua chroused.

"How are you all?" The woman asked.

"Fine ma" Joshua replied.

"I'll soon be done okay" her eyes strayed over to Semiloore.

"I don't think we've met before" she said with a small smile.

Semiloore bowed her head respectfully "Good morning ma"

"Mom, this is Semiloore my classmate, Semiloore this is my mom" Nath said

"Your mom?" Semiloore asked.

"Yes I am" the middle aged woman replied.

"You are beautiful" Semiloore said with a smile.

"Thank you,so you are" she replied with a smile.

"Let's go" Nathaniel said as he lead the way upstairs.

He got to a door and pushed it open. There was a big table and chairs surrounding it at the far end of the round. The sides were lined up with shelves and books.

"Whoa, what's this place?" Semiloore asked.

"Nath's personal library" John replied dropping his bag.

"Its cool" Semiloore said.

They sat down and started working on the project. Nath's mom came with plates of small chops and juice.

"Why is everyone then saying its so complex? Its actually simple" Semiloore said.

"Right" Joshua replied.

"But its kinda complex" Semiloore said again.

John turned to Semiloore as she picked a samosa "I don't really understand how your brain functions" he said shaking his head.

She laughed as he passed the overview to her. Once again she was thralled by the handwriting in the book. She munched on her samosa as she peeked at Nath through her lashes.

"Something you don't understand?" Nath asked.

"No" Semiloore replied.

"No?" Joshua asked with weird eyes.

"I couldn't even understand a thing" John added.

"Can I keep this?" Semiloore asked.

"Sure" Nath said.

"So since you are the spokesperson,you've gat to be bold" Joshua started.

"So I don't look bold to you? That's disappointing" Semiloore asked.

"How many stages have you stood on before?" John asked.

"More than you have seen" Semiloore replied.

John and Joshua burst into laughter even Nath smiled.

"Your jokes are getting funnier" Joshua replied.

"Right" Semiloore replied rolling her eyes.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hey mom" Nath called as he sat down.

"Done?" His mom asked.

"Sort of,John has an outing so he'll be leaving now and so does Joshua, said he has relatives to pick at the airport" Nath replied.

"Semiloore?" His mom asked.

"She has football practice" Nath replied.

"She plays football?" Adam asked with wide eyes.

"A whole lot well" Nath replied.

"Such a pretty girl" his mom said.

"She's lousy" Nath replied.

"Brilliant?" Adam asked.

"Seem like average to me although she reads hard,uses quite a lot of textbooks" Nath replied.

"Hmmmm,that's interesting" Adam said.

"Adam,stop sweating,she's very annoying and irritable" Nath said as his mom smacked him on the shoulder.

"You can't say that about your classmate not a lady" his mom said.

"Its not like she's acts like one" Nath replied.

Joshua and John walked down the stairs at the same time.

"Bye Nath" Joshua and John chorused.

"I'll go see them off" Nath said.
.
.
.
.
Nathaniel opened the door and saw Semiloore with her headphones on. She was tapping her foot and nodding at the invisible beat. He felt for his phone as he brought it out,he leaned on the door and stared at her before clicking a picture of her before stepping inside. 

"You aren't going yet?" Nath asked seeing only Semiloore in the library.

"Practice canceled" Semiloore replied.

"When?" Nath asked.

"Few minutes ago" Semiloore replied as she stood up and packed the plates.

"I'll be right back" she said as she walked towards the kitchen. Noticing the plates in the sink,she removed she wristwatch and started washing her plates.

She started swaying her hips as one of her favourite songs popped into her ears. Nathaniel had come downstairs to look for her having not seen her for a while only to find her dancing in the kitchen.

He froze and stared until Adam walked up beside him.

"We've gat a hot chick dancing on our kitchen? Whoa! That's doesn't happen everyday" Adam said and Nath rolled his eyes.

"Of course because all the girls you've brought here were nothing but spoilt brats" Nath replied.

"You said this one spoilt" Adam said.

"She is" Nath replied nodding as well.

"So what's the difference?" Adam asked laughing.

"She isn't a brat" Nathaniel replied.

Adam glanced at Nathaniel "Seriously?".

"Didn't mom ask you to wash those plates a few minutes ago?" Nathaniel asked.

"Well.... " Adam started.

"You are a brat as well" Nathaniel said and laughed.

"She's quite hot" Adam said with a smile.

"Not my type" Nathaniel shrugged.

"You can't be so sure" Adam said with a wink.

"Please save it" Nathaniel replied.

"Nath... " Adam started and Nathaniel walked past him and stepped into the kitchen with a small smile.

"You didn't have to do the dishes" Nathaniel said as Semiloore removed her headphones.

"Well,we used the plates didn't we?" Semiloore asked and shrugged.

"I'll join you" Nathaniel said as he rolled his sleeves up.

Semiloore raised her hand to wipe away the beads of sweat forming on her head and mistakenly splashed soapy water on Nathaniel.

"Oh mannn" Nathaniel said looking at his slightly wet clothes.

"Oops,sorry" Semiloore said with a small smile.

"Not funny" Nathaniel said and Semiloore laughed.

"It is" Semiloore replied.

"Oh oh" Nathaniel said as he splashed water on her.

"You see, 50-50,that's equal" he added.

"No it's not!" Semiloore said as she splashed water on Nathaniel back and within seconds they were laughing and splashing water on themselves.

"Nath? Semiloore?" A voice asked and they both froze as they turned to Nath's mom.

"What are you both doing?" She asked.

Semiloore glanced around, both of them were wet and everywhere was wet but at least they had washed the plates finished.
.
.
.
Semiloore had mopped the kitchen floor before  Nathaniel came back with changed clothes.

"Sorry about that" Nathaniel said.

"Sure" Semiloore said and Nathaniel noticed that Semiloore's clothes were wet and they were clingy to her body.

"Won't you change?" Nathaniel asked.

"This is a freaking boys hostel what am I supposed to change into?" Semiloore asked.

"Come with me" Nathaniel said as he started walking away.

Semiloore opened her mouth as she stepped into Nathaniel's room. The bed was covered in navy blue sheets and the walls were bare except for a huge poster of Nelson Mandela.

"Nelson Mandela?" Semiloore asked.

"Role model" Nathaniel replied.

"That's cool" Semiloore said.

There was a shelf with books lined up neatly. There was also a reading table and a laptop on it.

"Take this" Nathaniel said stretching a joggers and a pullover cardigan to her.

"Yours?" Semiloore asked.

"New" Nathaniel said and Semiloore nodded. She could of course smell the newness on them.

"Yours?" She asked again.

"Should I give you the ones I've worn?" Nathaniel asked.

Semiloore snatched the clothes from him and pouted.

"Nah" she said and Nathaniel laughed;Jerry was right,she did look cute when she acted like  girl.

"That's the bathroom" Nath said pointing at the door.

Semiloore walked out of the bathroom and found her bag on his bed.

"I packed your stuffs from the library" Nathaniel said as Semiloore smiled.

"Oh that's so gentleman of you" Semiloore said and Nathaniel raised an eyebrow.

"So? Before now I wasn't a gentleman to you?" Nathaniel asked with a small smile.

"At all" Semiloore replied too while Nathaniel laughed.

"Its getting late" Nath said while Semiloore nodded.

"Right,Tamiloore is probably freaking out already" Semiloore replied as they both walked downstairs.

"Where's your mom?" Semiloore asked.

"Went out" Nathaniel replied.

Semiloore turned to Adam "Is your ego still bruised?" She asked and Nathaniel burst into laughter as Adam scoffed.

"No" Adam replied.

"Goodnight" Semiloore said.

"I'll pray for zombies to visit you in your dreams" Adam said confidently.

"They'll come after visiting you first because I already prayed for that" Semiloore replied.

Nathaniel burst into laughter as he glanced at Adam who had a bewildered expression
"Sorry bro" Nath said.

"Goodnight Nath" Semiloore said.

"Wait,I'll walk you to the junction" Nath offered.

They walked in silence till they got to the junction. A bike stopped in front of Semiloore as she opened her phone to order for a bike.

"I didn't order for a bike" Semiloore said looking at the bike man.

"I did" Nathaniel said.

"When?" Semiloore asked.

"Some minutes ago" Nath replied.

"I didn't see you" Semiloore said.

"You weren't looking" Nath replied.

Semiloore turned to Nathaniel and opened her mouth but the words refused to form in her mouth. She turned and climbed the bike.

"Goodbye Nathan" Semiloore replied.

"Nathan?" Nath asked.

"I think its way cooler" Semiloore replied.

"Goodnight Semiloore" Nathaniel said.

Nathaniel watched as the bike disappeared from sight,a smile wore its way to his lips as he walked back home. Water drizzled from his hair as he shaked his head, for once, he had quite an eventful Saturday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.1K 11.7K 55
"Nevaeh you need to understand that life ain't a bed of roses. It has it's ups and downs but that doesn't mean you should blame God for that! Once in...
1.6M 64K 86
I'm running, my dress bunched up in my fists. But I'm not running for my life I'm running for his, and when I see him I stop. There is one bulky man...
45.6K 10.6K 37
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL "You have got your tities out and panties in a twist but your crush doesn't still notice you." Ore is a sixteen-year-old unde...
144K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...