CLOUD ENVY - S. Nara

By 1234internet

The ninja world is a cruel and unforgiving place. Especially for one Amaya Ishikawa No parents. No family. Ju... More

It began with a flame
Coming to a standstill
Enter! Amaya Ishikawa!
Graduation and friends
Teams.
Unforgettable lesson
A mission to the land of waves
The demon of the mist
Tazunas home
A Good Day To Do Nothing
The battle on the bridge
In Love?
Dinner With The Nara's
The freaking Chunin Exams
A/N
Hollywood
Old foes
Snakes are gross
Snakes are gross pt. 2
Awake
Fake Medical Degree
Easy
Psycho
Yucky
Tea
Overstaying your welome isnt always bad.
Pre-Gaming
Two Hours to Midnight
When the Levee Breaks

Meeting the competition

1.7K 60 6
By 1234internet

A beat of sweat dripped down my forehead as I focused all my chakra into my hand.

I've been here for about two hours and I'm barley able to ignite four of the fingers on my right hand.

This stupid five pronged seal I think glaring at kakashi for about the fifth time since we started.

He just stood off to the side casually reading his perverted book.

"Do you know how ballsy that is," I say with a testing grin on my face.

"Hm?" He questions not even bothering to look at me.

"Reading porn in public," I say casually as I go back to doing the justu.

Third person POV

His head snapped up with an irritated glint in his eye.

"It's not," he grumbles flipping a page.

"You don't need to get personal just because your mad you can't master the jutsu," he says smugly flipping another page.

"Wha- I'm not mad I'm.... frustrated is all," she covers having to much pride to show weakness and or admit she needs help with the jutsu.

He sighs shutting his book and sticking it in the pouch attached to his hip.

They look at each other for a moment before he explains the jutsu once more demonstrating.

She huffs making the needed hand signs saru tatsu ne tori mi ushi....

"Five Pronged Seal," the girl whispers in a barley audible voice.

One of her finger lit then two, three, four and finally using her chakra got the last one to ignite.

Then to test it kakashi opened and empty scroll and she imprinted the seal into it using her chakra.

She let out a victorious 'In your face!!!' Pointing at kakashi.

She laughed again rubbing her win in his face as he stood there and took it for the most part.

Kakashi rolled his oxyn eyes as the young women childishly celebrated in front of him.

He looked down at his watch and cringed slightly at the time. This reaction did not go unnoticed by girl standing in front of him.

"Oh no," she starts.

"How bad is it," she mumbles

"Twenty minutes,"

"Oh that's not that bad~"

"An hour and twenty minutes," he says awaiting her reaction.

There was a beat of silence as her brow twitched in annoyance.

"WhAt!!!" She yells so loud that sand village could have heard it.

"What the hell are we waiting for then let's go!!!" She grabs her dogs collar and kakashi's shoulder and swiftly teleports them to the academy. Specifically right outside the exam room.

And it just so happen the other three members of the team were walking down the hall towards them.

"There you are Ami!!! I thought you weren't coming!!" Naruto yells hanging all over Amaya

"I'm here Geez,"

Begging honest she felt slightly guilty, he was so happy to see her, little did he know she was on a mission behind his back.

Amaya's POV

Man this guy can talk I thought listening to kakashi's very long winded explanation about how if sakura hadn't shown we wouldn't have been able to take the exam... or something like that I wasn't really listening.

After his speech had finally ended we made our way into the exam room.

—————————————————

Upon entry in the room the door slammed behind us catching everyone's attention.

Naruto gulped nervously looking at all of the scary and foreign faces that littered the room. Sakura mumbled something about not knowing so many other people would be taking the exam.

What a bunch of losers, I thought staring at the crowd.

Putting on those 'scary' faces as if I'm supposed to feel threatened in some way. It almost made me angry, though a lot of things make me angry these days.

"Sasuke where have you been!?" I hear an obnoxiously high pitched voice squeal.

I turn to my right to see none other then Ino yakamata,

And I thought sakura was annoying

Compared to this girl an hour alone with Sakura is a cake walk.

Her and Sakura get into a brief squabble before a familiar voice cuts through the crowd.

"Hey it's you guys," I quirk my head and am relieved to see shikamaru and choji

I don't think he noticed me standing off to the side because he went on to see.

"I knew this was gonna be a drag but I didn't know it was gonna be this lame," he say with his hands in his pockets as usual.

I stifled a laugh as he still hadn't seen me. What an idiot...

"Don't you three want to save yourselves the embarrassment of flunking this test? Go die, okay?" The Nara huffed with his hands shoved in his pocket.

"Oo someone brought out the claws today huh?" I chide, he shot me a glare.

"Oh the three stooges are here," Naruto says in a snotty tone.

"Hey! Ya know what pipsqueak, ahh forget it your a waste a time,"

Kiba went on to taunt sasuke, while hinata blushed the moment Naruto caught her eye.

"Wow someone's grumpy today," I sing settling next to him and meeting his eyes.

He lets out a huff and calls me troublesome as per usual.

"Yeah you can say that again he's been like this all morning," choji says, faint smile grows on my face and I look up at my pineapple headed friend.

"Aawww are you mad you had to actually do something today," I laugh shaking him slightly

"Hm, that was so funny I almost forgot to laugh," he deadpanned, me and choji busted out laughing at his embarrassment.

Shikamaru's POV

Choji stood and ate as per usual while my eyes drifted to the silver headed nuisance perched next to me.

Can't she go torment someone else...

Though, when her golden eyes met my dark ones I was shocked to find a genuine stare.

"Don't get all worked up, half these guys are bluffing," she spoke nodding towards the crowd.

"No real bloodlust leaking from that group of tools, just a some teenage angst and nerves,"

I breathed out a laugh, my eyes boring into hers.

"You'd know the feeling wouldn't you," she teased giving me a firm pay on the shoulder. A frown overtook my featured and I rolled my eyes.

Before I could retort a new comer joined our group.

"Hey you guys! You might want to keep it down a bit. Your the nine rookies right? Fresh out of the academy? I wouldn't go making a spectacle of yourselves. Just cool it this isn't a class field trip" as the young man said this Amayas body language changed.

She stood at my side narrowing her eyes at the man in front of us.

I won't claim to know that much about Amaya Ishikawa, but from what I've gathered, she doesn't like strangers...

Ino yelled defensively asking who he was. I don't blame her, I think.

"My name is kabuto yakushi.... but really look around you've made quite the impression,"

Our group looked around suspiciously.

"See those guys... their from the hidden rain. Very touchy, they all are. This exam makes everyone touchy and you don't want to rub them the wrong way right now,"

Amaya's POV

Four eyes gives me a bad feeling.

Sakura went on to ask him about how many time he had taken the exam, to which he answered seven. Shikamaru let out a dumbfounded 'huh?' and I resisted the urge to laugh at his expression.

Sakura and Naruto seemed to trust him. Naruto went as far as too call him an 'expert' at taking the exam.

"Yeah some expert, he's never passed" shikamaru says.

"Ahh well, seventh times a charm," kabuto says nervously laughing.

I squint my eyes suspiciously at him. Why would some random voluntarily help out people who are way younger then him, and competition none the less.

He eventually starts going on about ninja info cards, making me even more uneasy.

Sasuke proceeds to take advantage of this and asks for him to give info on two ninja. Rock Lee of the leaf village and Garaa of the sand village.

Everyone watched intently as he brought up the info on the two said ninja. Which includes their rank, missions complete, teammates and any other vital info that's accessible.

I had stopped paying attention about half way through I don't really know or care much about what had happened.

I didn't really start listening until I heard Ino mumbling to Sakura of all people.

"Oh c'mon your not the least bit curious," Ino chided to Sakura quietly.

The pinkette had an uncertain look in her face as the yamamaka whispered into her ear.

No one but me seemed to have taken note of the small interaction as the had been preoccupied listening to kabuto speak of the competition from foreign villages. so I assumed it didn't mean much of anything.

But you know what they say assuming makes and ass out of you and me.

"Hey kabuto!" Ino said confidently stepping forward.

He looked at her expecting my as everyone else in our little group did.

"Can you look up one more ninja for me?" She asked innocently.

We all looked confused as to why someone like Ino would actually interested worrying about the exams.

And for a moment I even felt a tad bit of respect for her, as I thought she was finally taking a step closer to becoming a better Kunoich, but I guess I was wrong.

"Sure I just need information like a name, village affiliation or physical features," kabuto said in chipper voice pulling out one last card from his deck.

Thirds person POV

The was a beat of silence as anticipation was thick in the air.

"Amaya Ishikawa of the Hidden Leaf Village," The Yamamkan said it with a slight smirk on her face, hands promptly in her hips.

"What!" Naruto said confused as did choji and kiba.

The ishikawa became very stiff as she turned towards the blond girl. And though the latter may have been an inch or so taller she still felt a bit frightened when Amaya sent her a menacing glare.

"Ino this is the part where you say 'just kidding' and laugh" Amaya said Cooley looking at the blond.

"O-oh yeah she was just joking Amaya," Sakura blurts out, though the Haruno was a bit curious she knew how her teammate could be when angered. She also knew she didn't like talking about her past.

"No I wasn't, well kabuto?..." she holds looking at the new comer expectantly. Sakura cringed at the friend.

The young man eagerly set a blank white card down filtering his chakra into it. Soon it was full of information all with an old photo of the ishikawa to boot.

The young women stared at the photo with slight distaste, it was a mug shot from two years ago, her hair chopped short and her bangs were prominent. Her eyes were sharp and dangerous staring into the camera. 

The group look on in awe, having never seen their new friend in such a manner.

"Don't~" she starts but before she could stop the man he had already started reading.

"Amaya Ishikawa, age 14, originated from the land of Iron but not much else is known about her previous village affiliations. Taijutsu- 10, Ninjutsu- 10, Genjutsu- 5, Kenjutsu- 7. I mean it's a wonder she's only a genin," he read the card astonished,"

Amaya cringed, Naruto of course was going on about how lucky their team was and how obviously they were the best. The others whispered to each other suspiciously.

The only one who didn't seem to have much of a reaction was shikamaru. The boy just stared at the photo, the girl standing next to him could almost see the wheels turning in his head.

Geez I even look like a freaking criminal, Amaya thought staring at the photo.

"Ok that's enough," she said sternly, everyone looked at her shocked.

But despite her protest the man went on innocently, though he had a shady glint in his eye.

"There's one more thing, it says here this photo was taken when she was captured by Kumogakure as a fugitive, more like criminal for hire working with a group known as the~" he was interrupted letting out a slight gasp as he was roughly pulled up by his Collar,

The group watch wide eyed as Amaya grips the mans shirt threateningly.

"Enough." Her face was inches away from his though she looked calm her eyes were sharp, just like in the photo.

The group who now looked a bit frightened of their friend looked on not knowing what to do.

Kabuto stuttered frightened, though she could see he really wasn't. To her his act was up, he wasn't a scared shy young man but a sly trickster with a plan up his sleeve. She could tell what it was yet though and that frustrated her beyond belief.

Before could threaten him anymore she felt a warm hand on her shoulder.

"That's it Amaya I think he gets the message," she let out a huff dropping him. Turning to find Shikamaru looking at her solemnly.

"Whatever your not even worth it," she now turns to the rest of them looking at her with a look she hadn't gotten in quite a while. It was that look people give you when they think their better then you, like your the scum of the earth an wronged them in some way.

Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke. They're my only ride or die in this village, maybe shikamaru would have my back but the rest...

Her eyes shifted around observing the other five in the 'rookie 9'

Well let's just say I won't take my chances with em'

Amaya's POV

I stared at the group with a blank expression.

"You wanna know, you can ask me. It's my business to share,
not his," I sigh looking at Ino specifically.

She gulped.

"I'm sorry-," she began fear lacing her eyes but I was soon to interject.

"Relax Ino," I tried to make my voice soft and genuine as I lifted my hand towards her innocently.

"Im not, I don't do all that anymore, I'd elaborate on 'all that' but now exactly doesn't feel like the right time," I murmured nodding towards the boisterous crowd of young shinobi.

"You guys have got a lot more problems then how I used to spend my free time,"

Ino nodded with a solemn look.

"We're... sorry Amaya," Sakura stepped forward guilt written in her features.

I let put a sight and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Eh, no worries. I don't keep secrets, say- I'm an open book," I sang sarcastically.

"All you had to do was ask,"

"Open book," kiba snorted obnoxiously.

"What a joke," he trailed off, his sharp eyes drifting to the old photo of her.

"You sure looked like a punk back then," he grinned scratching his head.

"What do you mean, she still is a punk," Shikamaru drawled.

She sent the Nara a sharp glare and a sly smile bloomed on his face.

Serves the troublesome brat right...

"Oh you two shut up! She's perfectly fine!" Sakura cried throwing a fist in the air.

"Yeah!" Naruto chorused.

Sakura and Ino crouched over the image of there friend in awe.

Third POV

"Wow Amaya you looked good with bangs," Ino coos and the photo

"Mhm Mhm, if you ever want them again I can cut them for you," Sakura confirmed pointing at the photo.

The Ishikawa stopped looking at of the rookies, each emitting their respective amount of chaos.

"Idiots...." She confirmed as she watched them.

She grimaced as she felts a hand come up and ruffled her wild silver hair.

"You know it's not nice to talk about yourself like that..." shikamaru chided down at her.

She swatted his hand away and defiantly looked up at him.

"Well aren't you sharp today," she murmured, eyes shifting up to his.

"It doesn't take someone sharp to make you look stupid, you do that all on your own," he smiled.

"Jerk," she punched him in the arm and he chortled.

Though their moment was broken when a curtain Uzumaki's confident voice.

"AhAhaaHaaa My name is Naruto Uzumaki!!! And I'm gonna best all of you!!!!" The blond yells to a crowd of ninja way out of his league.

Amaya's POV

"Here we go.," I sing looking as Naruto s little outburst sets off a chain reaction in our small group of rookies.

Ino and Sakura began fighting over sasuke while Naruto kept on yelling about how he was gonna be the best.

"Make it stop," I grumble leaning my head on to shikamaru's.

He grimaces

"I don't think I could if I tried," we look on at the madness.

"Would you quit it you moron, do you want to get everyone in here to hate us?" Shikamaru lectures Naruto in his usual annoyed voice.

Sakura puts the Uzumaki in a headlock while screaming into his ear. I wince slightly at her higher pitch voice as I take a step away from Shikamaru muffling my ears slightly.

She had began talking to the crowd of unimpressed shinobi, saying how Naruto couldn't control his impulses and should probably be on medication. I was half listening until I felt a sharp spike of chakra in the crowd coming straight for our group.

I immediately became defensive as my eyes hardened and I prepared myself.

Shikamaru's POV

What's wrong now... I thought as Amaya's whole demeanor changed, she looked like she was gonna kill someone.

She had he hand hovering over her weapons pound as her eyes scanned the crowd.

Before I knew what was happening a man jumped out of the crowd and readied to throw to Kunai at what seemed like kabuto.

"Amaya don't~" but before I could finish my sentence she was already in the air. She grabbed the mans leg and using their momentum mid air she spun him and flung him into the wall next two us. He laid in the crater dazed and bleeding slightly.

Troublesome women why must she get herself involved In other peoples problems...

Though I thought the fight but a short hunched over guy jumped in front of kabuto. reeling his fist back at an insane speed and hurling it toward him.

There's no way he's dodging that...I cringed.

There was a beat of silence before a muffled boom rang out. Dust flew into the air and our vision of the fight was distorted for a second stoping is from seeing what happened.

My eyes widen as the dust clears, there stood Amaya holding the short mans fist, they seemed to be fighting for dominance but it seems she one as his struggle to get his fist out of her hand was futile.

His eyes widened as she slowly took her free hand gripping it around the the contraption attached to his preoccupied arm.

"N-no don't you~" before he could finish she had already smashed it into a million pieces.

Her expression was calm, indifferent even. She looked as though she didn't care at all about the situation unfolding before her.

He cried out as his arm bled, she finally let go of him and he stumbled backwards.

We looked at her in awe as the dust finally settled, Naruto began hooting and hollering about how amazing she was.

But before I could comment her calm attitude changed. Her eyes widened and she coughed up some blood.

"Amaya!!!" Me and choji yelled going to her side.

"So that's what kind of attack it was," she grits through her teeth.

What kind of attack?

The man now sat in the floor holding his wrist but instead of groaning in pain as he had been before he was laughing.

"What did you do" choji says intimidatingly towards the man.

"Ask her she'll tell you.." he spit.

"Your really gonna regret that you  lowlife," she stood up straighter despite the blood on her chin.

He laughed again.

We all stood confused as to what happen.

She when to hurt him again but staggered coughing up some more blood.

"Amaya!" Choji yelled as I caught her.

"You've got not idea, if I see you during the the second stage of the exam in gonna make you wish you never saw my face," she seethed looking down at the man who was no longer laughing.

He squirmed under her stare as a female member of his team helped him up along with the guy from before.

"Are you ok?" I ask her, she grunted slightly repositioning herself against me.

She mumbled a 'Mhm' as she raised her hand to her chest, I hear Sakura let out a gasp as it soon emitted a green glow.

Her breathing became a bit more steady and she stood up on her own.

"What was that?" I asked her astonished.

"He used sound waves to attacked me, though it may have seemed like I stoped him I didn't. Not until I broke his little toy at least," she sighed turning her head slightly.

"Are you alright," she asked kabuto.

"Y-yeah thanks," he stutters.

There was a beat of silence before the window shattered. All our heads snap up to find a rough looking bald man with a herd of jonin in toe.

"Alright you baby face degenerates pipe down and listen up!!!!!  It's time to begin I'm Ibiki Morino your proctor... and from this moment your enemy,"

Amaya's POV

Ahh yes Ibiki Mornino my favorite interrogator from the hidden leaf. He's the one who checked me out as requested by the hokage when I first arrived to the leaf. Can't say it was one of my best moments but, at least I met a new friend. Or at least that's how I see it, he hates my guts for some strange reason, but I guess he's entitled to his own opinions......

Well I guess this kicks off the chunin exams. Whohoo, notice my sarcasm, there is nothing I want to do less the take a stupid test.

Let's get started.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Outcast By Sage

Fanfiction

74K 1.4K 28
Naruto is mad. Sakura is annoying and Sasuke is a jerk. Naruto is already S-Level, but only a few know about that secret. Team 8 is bored. Konoha is...
43.5K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...
44.1K 1.5K 62
Shirayuki, your average ninja, becomes a ninja along with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. She's not strong or smart, just observant. And has the privilege...
21.1K 598 21
(Completed) Her village was in chaos when she was born. Her father took her out of the village and left her in the forest so he could help defend the...