Transmigration of Starfire: L...

By Tennyliz

Starfire: The top assassin feared by all and with a side hobby as an anonymous hacker who no one knew about... More

Before the rebirth 2
System
System 2
Storyline
Arc 1-School Prince and his flower
Arc 1- Chapter 1
Arc 1- Chapter 2
Arc 1- Chapter 3
Arc 1- Chapter 4
Arc 1- Chapter 5
Arc 1- Chapter 6
Arc 1- Chapter 7
Arc 1- Chapter 8
Arc 1- Chapter 9
Arc 1- Chapter 10
Space
Storyline
Arc 2- Ahh! Zombies!!! Save me!
Arc 2- Chapter 1
Arc 2- Chapter 2
Arc 2- Chapter 3
Arc 2- Chapter 4
Arc 2- Chapter 5
Arc 2- Chapter 6
Arc 2- Chapter 7
Arc 2- Chapter 8
Arc 2- Chapter 9
Arc 2- Chapter 10
Space
Storyline
Arc 3- Business King is Mine!
Arc 3- Chapter 1
Arc 3- Chapter 2
Arc 3- Chapter 3
Arc 3- Chapter 4
Arc 3- Chapter 5
Arc 3- Chapter 6
Arc 3- Chapter 7
Arc 3- Chapter 8
Arc 3- Chapter 9
Arc 3- Chapter 10
Space
System Party
System Party 2
System party 3
Storyline
Arc 4- I will conquer this game!
Arc 4- Chapter 1
Arc 4- Chapter 2
Arc 4- Chapter 3
Arc 4- Chapter 4
Arc 4- Chapter 5
Arc 4- Chapter 6
Heya
Arc 4- Chapter 7
Arc 4- Chapter 8
Arc 4- Chapter 9
Arc 4- Chapter 10

Before the rebirth

18.2K 423 142
By Tennyliz

"Ha~" a content sigh was released from a blonde girl as she stretched, entering a cafe.

"A cup of chocolate milkshake would be perfect after being cooped up in that house for so long," she cracked her knuckles, a 'pop' sound resonating in the semi-empty cafe. "I need to exercise more," she muttered under her breath as she headed to the counter to place her order.

"Hiya! One choco milk please." She said cheerfully, noting he must be a new hire. She chuckled as she realised her time being a couch potato was so long that the usual waiter had changed.

"Sorry? What was that?" The waiter asked, rubbing his neck nervously. "You said that too fast for me to ca-" he paused, as though he just noticed her appearance as he looked her over.

Her peculiar height caught his attention. Her light pink sweater coupled with the white skirt complemented her blue eyes which seemed to sparkle with child-like amusement. Her shoulder-length blond hair had a side braid to add a subtle flair, toppled up with a pink ribbon tied around her brown beret. As he turned his gaze down, he was surprised to see her ridiculously high wedges as it was a wasted effort to make her look taller. The waiter couldn't help but look behind her as if expecting to see her parents coming in after her.

"..."

"I am sixteen," she said after a brief silence and the waiter laughed nervously before taking her order.

"Here you go," the waiter said as he brought her order. She smiled at him before taking her drink.

"Can I have this in a takeaway cup please?" she asked politely with a slight smile on her face.

'She seems to always have a smile on her face. Does she have a resting smiling face perhaps?' the waiter thought before collecting her drink and shooting her a wink. "Just a moment, sweetheart."

He left to arrange her takeaway cup and she leaned on the counter, playing with some coins she had on her to pass the time. He came back shortly with it and she thanked him as she collected it.

"Oh, thank you!" Her smile brightened like a little kid's as she took a sip of the drink. She happily paid for it and gave the waiter the coins she was playing with earlier as a tip.

"Thanks for the tip," he said as he placed the money in the register, keeping the tip in his pocket.

"No problem at all. I should thank you instead for this delicious cup of coco milk," she said gratefully before leaving the cafe with her drink.

She walked some distance away from the cafe before pausing as she took out the small thing hidden under her takeaway cup.

It was a mini bomb.

"Ah... are these people doubting my skills? It's pathetically sad how clumsily they hid the bomb." The previously polite and sweet facade seemed to have vanished as a sinister smile appeared on her face. A sickenly tense and malicious aura surrounded her; it felt like she could snap at any moment but suddenly the aura vanished. "Oh, they still had a plan B huh?"

She suddenly turned around with a grin on her face. "No need to hide, I had felt your presence even with how slow you kept following me. Come on, you shouldn't lack the confidence to confront me after coming all this way? I would appreciate it if you just came out right now~" she said in a singsong voice and a moment of silence reigned before a masked man in a black jumpsuit came out from the shadows of a nearby building.

"I see you found me. As expected of the top assassin, Mystic S," the assassin said with a cocky tone as he came out calmly. Still, his nervous and alert eyes betrayed his calm and arrogant deposition.

"Yes, I know I am awesome and all but..." she looked him over and sighed, "Were you the best they could find?" she asked with a warm smile as if she didn't just insult him. His face twisted in anger at her words and all signs of nervousness and alertness left him.

He's scowl turned to a smirk when he noticed she was still holding onto the takeaway cup. He sneered as he looked at her with a haughty gaze, "You are the top assassin and didn't even notice the bomb attached to your cup. Ha! That bomb will explode in 15 seconds, you stand no chance against me now."

"I know, which is why I put it on you," she said, innocently batting her eyes.

"Yes, which is-" he paused as her words sank in, "You what?! When?! How?! Where is it?!" He panicked as he patted his body down, trying to find the bomb but couldn't feel anything unusual on him probably due to how small it was.

"I can't tell you or it won't be fun~," she said with a cute giggle that sounded anything but cute to the man.

"By the way, you have 8 seconds left," she reminded him as she smiled sweetly.

The assassin stopped his frantic search as the impending doom dawned on him. "They warned me to be careful with you... why didn't I listen?" He lamented but suddenly stopped as he looked at her with a crazed look.

"If I'm going down, then I will at least take you with me!" he said as he crazily started running towards her, "Even if I die, I will still be known as the greatest assassin for taking you down!"

Her smile grew wider as she saw his crazed self gradually but quickly get closer. She dodged just as he reached her and jumped up to the roof with little effort. She looked down at the man to see him looking at her with a surprised expression that amused her, though that lasted less than a second before he exploded.

At the same time, the waiter in the cafe also exploded and screams burst out.

She looked over in the direction of the cafe, watching the commotion. "He wasn't so bright, was he? He wasn't even on alert with me and didn't suspect those coins were bombs yet he was put in charge of planting a bomb," she sat on the roof lazily as she yawned.

"That was more boring than I expected." She yawned once more before taking out her phone and typing in her password: "Starfire". Her real name.

She went to her call log and saw her number one contact information, the organisation she worked for. ITY organisation.

"No calls yet, huh?" She stared at her phone for a while and her lips curled up into yet another smile.

"Oh well, at least I can keep enjoying my break. I haven't had this much time to relax since I joined that organization anyway," she stretched before scoffing. "Geez, imagine not letting someone since they were twelve. I should make the most of it before they decide to do that..." she trailed off as she stared into the distance.

'That presence is still watching me, huh?' she thought before shrugging and heading home.

[Somewhere far away]

"The Head gave me quite an interesting job. I wonder what else you have in store for me, Star." A voice was heard by a stranger whose face was shrouded in darkness.

A gorgeous lady appeared beside the stranger. Her very appearance was enchanting and could easily capture a mere man's heart with a simple glimpse of her beauty.

The lady had long silky azure hair carefully tied back in a ponytail, leaving only the short bangs to roam free as it shaped her face perfectly. She wore a traditional-looking outfit that made her look like a fairy in human form and only served to enhance her pure-like grace. She elegantly walked closer to the stranger and the hem of her gown and sleeves seemed to float along as she did so. She looked so surreal that she appeared as though she came out of an ancient painting- which might not be that far from the truth given how unusual her sudden appearance was.

"Master," she greeted the stranger with her equally enchanting voice. " I know the Head said you should watch over her but that doesn't mean you should watch her like you are watching a movie," she scolded, not exactly comfortable with what the stranger was doing.

"Head said I should watch her but never specified how I should watch her," the stranger glanced at her, "I can watch her however way I like," The stranger added in an amused tone.

"But if Head knows you aren't even looking after her safety properly and are leaving it all to Miss Starfire, you might get in trouble," the lady said, clearly worried for her master.

"I know, but Head can't do anything to me since I am a competitor for that thing," the stranger chuckled. "Head wouldn't dare do anything major before a winner is announced."

"Yes but Miss Starfire is also-" The stranger cut the lady off.

"Don't complete that sentence and annoy me. You wouldn't want me to punish you again." The threat was calm but ominous.

The lady's face paled as she remembered the last time her master got annoyed with her and punished her.

"Of course master," the lady apologized, bowing her head. "I apologise for having uttered such a vile thing."

"Good. Now go, I have an interesting show coming up and I don't want you to disturb me with your rambling," The stranger said with a more lighthearted tone.

"Of course." The lady bowed her head once more before she disappeared.

The stranger was left alone once again and watched Starfire with a smirk.

A/N: Hey everyone, thanks for checking out this book, I appreciate every one of you! Slight spoiler: I am currently editing this book so it might seem like the writing style changes for some chapters but I would love it if you still stick around and vote and/or comment on this book as that will help to increase the popularity and ranking of the book. Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.6K 20
Rank #19 in sliceoflife=January 30 2019 Rank #75 in slice of life= January 24 2019 Rank #25 in Shoujo= August 7 2019 This is the Sequel of I'm the Vi...
205 0 4
*now available on all retailers* Amber How do you politely refuse when the only guy to star in any of your dirty fantasies has just offered to put yo...
1.8K 261 39
[WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST] "Hello again, Pizza Boy?" I glanced up at him with a smile. The blood was rushing out my head but it didn't bother me. "Are...
9K 392 18
"It's beautiful" I sigh. "Yes it is" Blaze whispers next to me. I looked at him and saw he was just staring at me. "Why are you staring?" "Because...