A Plum Blossom

By Lee02V

Ha Lee, awoken to a new life in another's body, looked around and could only cuss inside. "Why am I alive? I... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Facts

Chapter 53

908 32 0
By Lee02V

"Li Mei," Niu Xia called out to her.

The Lady turned her head, meeting gazes with her friend.

"Come here." the Miss urged her.

She simply laughed and as the woman wanted, her steps came to her.

The two were at the Mirror Palace's garden. It was spring, allowing life to flourish once more. The pair were sewing pieces together as they took in the view of the beauty that grew around them.

"How are you and His Highness?" Niu Xia asked.

That smile on her face broadened, "We are very happy." Those words were even conveyed in her expressions.

She gave a soft laugh, "I'm glad you are." that was all that mattered. "You know, when he came back from the war most honored his achievements but some thought he was a monster." deciding to tell more about him.

"Why did they say so?"

Niu Xia sighed, "It was the way the last battle of the war ended. The 2nd prince of the Jin Kingdom was killed inhumanely, and this sparked controversy." speaking of the Jin Crown Prince's older brother.

This raised a brow on Ha Lee. She knew everything about him along with all the recent happenings. This was one thing she did not know of.

"How was he killed?" wanting to know.

".....I'm just telling you this alright. What I'm about to say is not a lie but reality. I am not trying to make you turn against him, I am only wanting to tell you more about him during the time he came back." her eyes dead serious.

The Lady nodded at her words.

"As my father is the Prime Minister, he knows everything and this is one thing that still sends chills down his spine. At the end of the battle, His Highness and the 2nd prince of the Jin Kingdom fought bravely. However, there could only be one one victor and that was His Highness. Due to the men that defied his orders throughout the time they've been under him, he decided to show them what would happen if they did so ever again."

Niu Xia gulped just remembering the details.

"The prince's nails were ripped off, one by one with his hands being severed right after. Slowly, he then died a painful death being skinned alive."

This detail still sent shivers down the Miss' spine just like her father. To imagine being killed in a such a way just to set an example is utterly frightening, a horror to how one would meet their end.

".....I know what he did was horrible but that doesn't mean it'll stop me from loving him more. When you love someone, you tend to over look things, but that's only if you are blinded. The way I love him is that I'll accept what he's done, but won't forget it." separating hers from the others.

"When you love someone, you shouldn't be afraid of what they've done but rather how you accept it. You can either accept it and never see them again, or accept it and understand them more."

Amazement, was what Niu Xia felt at her answer.

Rather than listen to those around her, she decided to listen to herself first. It made her sure of what's been on her mind.

"May you and His Highness be blessed by her Divine Goddess Daiyu."

Without even knowing, her blessing has reached the pair long ago when everything was planned out to bring her back into this world in order to meet him again. It was then the wait was over and those tears wouldn't have to be of sadness any longer, but of happiness and reconciliation.

Soon, Niu Xia having spent almost the entire day there. It was now nearing evening and so she decided to take a short walk somewhere. She didn't know where she was going, but her legs took her where she had to go.

Arriving, those trees were now in full bloom. Every one of those days, one particular person was there. It was as though he were waiting for a certain someone to come by, and hopefully give him that answer.

Approaching the building, she stopped for a moment before proceeding onwards with a soft smile. "Jian Li," she called him heartfelt as always.

He was quick to turn and greeted her. The expression on his face held what seemed to be a breath of fresh air knowing that she was here.

"You're finally here." he said.

With light steps, she came to him. "Sorry to make you wait." she laughed.

Once she reached him, an awkward silence came between them. The two stood side by side as they watched the petals of the peach blossoms flutter along with the wind.

".........What's the other reason that you come here?" he said briefly with nervousness.

She looked at him from the corner of her eye.

"I want to hear your answer." he added.

A troubled frown covered her. 

".........I know we've been friends for quite a while. We always stay together after I visit Li Mei and could talk for hours you know....." an awkward chuckle.

"The reason why I come here is well......because I believe that you might be here as well. I won't be lonely as long as I'm with you." she smiled away.

As those words came, she turned away. The Miss wanted to hide from his sight because of what she was saying.

On the other hand, Jian Li seemed to still be processing what he had just heard.

"W-well, I'm going to get going!" she said frantically and quickly made her move.

However, before she could get away, his words stopped her.

"Do you really mean it?" his voice raised.

With silence, Niu Xia came back to him and took his hands into hers. Doing so, she placed them over her chest, where he could feel the beat of her racing heart.

Her answer, gave him his.

In her chambers, Ha Lee waited for her husband whom was taking his night bath. He didn't want to go back to his chambers, wanting to spend the night with her.

Just lying in bed, she tried to fight against her tiredness. Repeatedly, did she say a phrase over and over to stay awake. Although, she didn't mean she would do as she said.

"If I fall asleep, then I won't be able to help Yusheng dry his hair. If I fall asleep, then I won't be able to help Yusheng dry his hair....... If I fall asleep then," she paused as a yawn filled her.

It was also that moment the Commander entered, finished with his bath.

Ha Lee didn't bother to look as she was preoccupied by her yawn.

This seemed to irk the man who dressed in light robes.

"Lee," he called his wife.

"Mm?" she mumbled, still not looking his way.

He didn't respond, keeping silence as he came towards her. Once the prince reached her, he came under the covers behind her.

Yusheng called her again, "Lee," arms wrapping around her.

Again, she mumbled, "Mm?"

Pushing himself up, his body hovered hers. Feeling the change in position, the woman lied on her back to see him.

His robes were loose, showing part of his toned chest, hair still damp, eyes alluring as ever, and his lips soft.

"Yusheng......" she trailed.

Leaning down to her, their lips touched with estacy.

Her cheeks flushed with red as eyes turned dear.

Untying his robe, the man threw it to the side, landing on the floor. Now, his attention came to her, whose face looked like a mess.

He grinned as his hand came down to caress her cheek. "For tonight, please let me be selfish." he asked lowering to her.

This made her remember those horrible nights where she screamed. However, it was different.

His touch was gentle, with him peace was forever, and their hearts were connected.

Slowly, her hands came behind his hand to pull him in closer.

That night was overfilled with the love they held and the love they shared.
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 89 35
"What have you done to her?" I felt the wetness of her blue armor robe. "Did you torture her?"I asked quickly untying my royal robe to cover her. "No...
314K 9.2K 30
" No matter what world it is , i will make everyone kneel before me"❤🌍 Rose🌹, the most fearless and the best assassin was betrayed and killed.Later...
337K 21.2K 57
[[Book 2 (FINAL book) of "One Lifetime is Never Enough"]] "I would have waited for you forever." The lament of a faraway voice that she had missed...
1.3M 56.4K 130
As the only girl born in the four generations of the Mo family - a prestigious and powerful family in Hua Xia - Mo Liu Gui has been adored since the...