Akogare » Senku Ishigami

By astertataricvs

❝Even if thousands of years had already passed, my love for you still remains.❞ ㅡ 憧れ (akogare); a feeling of... More

author's note;
i. always
ii. as long as it takes
iv. just like ramen
v. little conversation
vi. light up my world
vii. mentalist acquired!

iii. back to square one

3.8K 177 129
By astertataricvs

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"Yo, Artemis, finally awake, huh?"

Your eyes were fixated on Senku, scrutinizing his appearance and new features that he has. It seemed like his face got matured from the last time you saw him, his body became more built than it was before. His visage looked tired and careworn as if he had confronted something that was not favourable. Also, what caught your attention is the strange mark on his face that wasn't there before. It's like a crack or something and it was unknown to you, back then there was only one lock of his hair draping on his face and now it turned into two.

What confuses you is his attire, a cream coloured dress that was derived from animal skin and a belt with some satchels hanging on it. You don't know how many years had already passed to have him wear that kind of outfit and the surroundings were like you're in the wild forest. Furthermore, he was holding a piece of wood whereas a leather cloth was wrapped around the upper half of it. You tried to look at yourself as well; you also wore a dress that is the same cloth as Senku's. Same colour and it was an asymmetrical dress with a slit on the left thigh that reaches above your knees in which you can see a spiral mark on the side of your thigh.

"Senku, tell me what's happening right now, I'm utterly confused," you stated, looking at him with curiosity and complexity.

The said man solely snorted and placed his hands on his hips, "its 5739 AD today, (Name), 3,700 years had already passed since the petrification happened. Everyone was petrified and turned into stone, luckily I was revived in spring where I can start experimenting and acquiring the tools that are needed for my survival. To summarize it, we're living in a stone world where we are required to restore the creation and civilization that happened 2 million years ago. We're going to build everything from scratch, we're going to save humanity."

Senku didn't bat an eyelash as he explained himself. You couldn't process any words that he had spoken, it feels like your brain is having a hard time assimilating his explanation and you're in disbelief to know that 3,700 years have passed ever since the day where you saw that mysterious light.

So that was the thing that is behind this catastrophe? But who's the culprit behind it? Was that culprit so angry at the world and every person to the point where they tried to petrify the entire population on this planet? It was absurd for you, this whole thing is so ludicrous especially that everyone turned into stone and no one is alive except you and Senku. Moreover, he just told you that you're going to rebuild civilization and save humanity. Then the only thing that crosses your mind is to repopulate the Earth again... then that means...

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck you which caused your face to burn up in embarrassment and covered your face with your palms. You were internally screeching upon having the idea of what Senku was talking about.

The scientist stared at you with an incredulous look on his face, not knowing what the hell had happened to you. He could hear the muffled noises you were creating in between your palms and saw your ears turning into a shade of an apple. Senku was baffled, doesn't know as to why you're acting bashful at this moment. He didn't even say anything that can make you embarrassed, so why on Earth are you being abashed?

"What the hell are you embarrassed about?" Senku raised his brow as he looked at you with judging eyes.

Your heartbeat intensified as if it escaped from your chest. Peeking between your fingers to take a glimpse at Senku whose expression was emotionless. You hastily closed your fingers and faced your back at him.

"Y-You said that we're going to save h-humanity... are you pertaining about... r-repopulating the E-Earth again?" After you successfully conveyed what's bugging your mind, you immediately crouched down to contain your embarrassment.

Senku who flawlessly heard what you just asserted, his face averted into a sour expression as he looked at you with horror and disbelief.

"What are you talking about?! We're indeed going to save humanity but not in a way on what you're thinking about! We are not Adam and Eve, you know! Can you wash that rated 18+ thoughts away in your brain and try to think logically, (Name)," Senku huffed and threw a small branch at you, still couldn't believe what you were implying.

"E-Eh?! Is that so?" You whipped your head at him with a discreet pout on your visage; feeling dejected a bit since half of you wanted it to be real.

Well, it's a fact that the scientist is indeed aware of your massive crush on him, however, he's shaking away from that thought since he doesn't have time to involve himself in something that is irrelevant. He rejected you a thousand times already and you still didn't waver, that is why Senku leaves you behind since he's tired of constantly repeating himself when it's not even gonna work.

"Also, Senku, how did you know that it's been 3,700 years that passed?"

"What else? I counted." Your face instantly wrinkled upon hearing his straight answer as if it was nothing important.

"Don't tell me you're... you're awake since then?" You muttered in skepticism. Senku merely sighed and faced his back at you.

"Save the questions later, (Name). We need to find the smoke signal I saw earlier; it might be a survivor in this world."

Both of you commenced to take a walk and look for the one who created the smoke signal that he had seen a while ago. If there's a smoke signal, then you deemed that you and Senku were not alone in this stone world, you thank the Gods for that. But how, did they break free from being a stone before you do? Also, what's been disturbing your mind is how did you manage to escape when you're on the same day where humanity has been petrified. And, Senku's timing is too perfect to be there in your de-petrification.

Numerous questions were flooding your mind as you watched Senku in front of you. You really have many questions to ask your childhood friend later, this whole situation is still making your head spin and couldn't accept what happened to the world.

As you both were walking without any noise, a loud eruption had caught your attention and broke you from your daze. You briskly turned your gaze underneath the cliff, only to see a huge amount of smoke of dust at a particular area in the woods. You and Senku stole glances at each other and wasted no second to run towards the said place where the loud noise came from.

It's not surprising that you're a meter ahead from Senku since you're totally aware that he wasn't gifted to become athletic. If God created him, it would be like; God gave him 1 teaspoon of being athletic and poured a sack of intelligence into his bowl. You snickered at that thought.

Once you had arrived at the area, your eyes landed on a woman being stuck underneath the fallen tree. So that was the reason as to why you heard a sound like an explosion earlier.

"Are you okay?!" You hurriedly went towards her and tried to lift the trunk but to no avail, you're not as strong as Taiju despite that you could do the heavy lifting like him before when you'd help Senku from his inventions. Your strength still has limitations.

"Who are you?"

"I'll introduce myself later. We need you to get out of here first!" Whipping your head behind you to find Senku and fortunately, the mentioned man had finally caught up.

"You're the gentleman who protected that woman. You're alive!" she said, making you confused about what she just announced.

What does she mean by Senku protecting that woman and him being alive? Is Senku with someone while you're still petrified? But who is she? Moreover, did something bad happen to Senku for her to say that? And if he's with someone aren't they supposed to be together? You feel your stomach churned in an unpleasant manner, feeling something percolating in your heart and you feel like your mood was dying down in the process.

"Stop talking. You can introduce yourself all you want later. Don't waste your energy." Senku kneeled and tried to peek under the fallen tree. "Can you hold out until evening?"

Senku looked at the woman, "If you're at your limit, I'll take a gamble and blow it up with the little gunpowder I have left." Your eyes shot open and looked at Senku in disbelief. Gunpowder? He already managed to make gunpowder in this stone world without the materials? But you were talking about Senku here, he has knowledge in everything about science so why are you shocked that he made gunpowder? Ahh, this man really never ceases to astound you to the core.

"But if you can hold on, it'll take forever, but I'll save you, ten billion percent." Senku claimed and waited for the woman to answer. But she only blinked at him and didn't speak. "You're the only one who can make the decision! Decide right now! Which is it?"

For a second of watching the two and waiting for the woman to speak, you heard the woman shuffled and nodded. "Yeah, my organs and bones are all fine. I can hold on."

Senku smirks and darts his gaze at you, "(Name), since you're here and I know you have a lot of questions in your head. But I need you to help me do this thing to save her, so are you in?"

Blinking for several times and you surely waited for thousands of years to reunite with Senku again, and now that he's here in front of you, you won't let this opportunity slip. You solely let out a scoff and grin. "I have been helping you ever since childhood, Senku. You already know my answer to that."

The leek-haired lad chuckled and brought out the things inside his bags. "Since you have more physical strength than me, can you cut the trunk into three pieces; the thickness will be 8 inches."

"Noted that," you affirmed before taking the axe that Senku handed you. "I will cut some bamboo if you need something just call me."

Senku immediately left to find some bamboo, helping him feel so nostalgic since after you entered middle school, you seldom hung out with them because of being busy in your archery club. A smile graces your lips upon recalling the memories, you tightened your grip on the handle and gathered your strength in your arms to cut the trunk just like what Senku had told you.

Half a minute passed, Senku subsequently returned with some bamboo. And then the two of you started to work before the sun would descend and you needed to save this woman immediately.

Once you both had finally created a pulley and put soap on the rope, Senku instantly climbed up the tree.

"What is this?" The woman abruptly asked while staring at Senku.

"This is science. It was invented by Old man Archimedes a few hundred years BC. It converts the measly strength of a high school kid into Herculean might. It's called a pulley!" Senku jumped down while holding the rope, the pulley started to move and lifted the fallen tree from caging the blonde-haired woman.

Your lips instantly curled upon accomplishing the first creation with Senku after 3,700 years that passed. Darting your eyes at the woman, you saw her still lying on the ground and staring at the pulley with awe.

"Amazing," she suddenly said. "No, I'm not talking about that Archi-whoever's wisdom. I'm talking about your unwavering diligence in forcing yourself through every step until you solve a problem."

Both you and Senku looked at her with confusion in your gazes and waited for her to finish her sentence.

"My name is Kohaku. It seems I've taken quite a liking to you," she mused then grinned.

Your jaw rapidly dropped to the ground upon hearing her statement. What is she talking about? Is she implying that he likes Senku in a romantic way? Like seriously? But she only met him today and doesn't know his name yet! In all honesty, you won't blame her since Senku is good looking and has his own charms but you didn't fall for him right away! It took you 2 years to fall in love with the leek-haired dude! So this is what they called love at first sight? You can't relate! Moreover, it's not the best option to confess to Senku right now since you're perfectly aware that Senku doesn't like to involve himself with a relationship that for him is illogical.

Kohaku dragged herself out from lying and fixed the rope that was tying her hair. You only stared at her with a still shocked expression since you couldn't process that someone other than you likes the scientist. Even though you don't have the right to be jealous since Senku isn't yours to begin with, still you couldn't help yourself from becoming jealous because of the fact that this woman in front of you is so pretty that you couldn't even compete when it comes to appearance! Well, you're not that beautiful in the first place anyway.

"I don't like what I just heard," Senku mutters which broke you from your trance and glanced at him with a troubled expression on his face. "We just met, and she's already in love? In this state of emergency?"

"I didn't say anything about that!" Kohaku demurred while pointing her index finger at him. "I'm saying I like you as a person, so I'll cooperate with you!"

You feel like a huge burden has been lifted from your shoulders once Kohaku cleared up about what she was implying earlier. You feel relieved all of a sudden and your stiff shoulder relaxes upon knowing that he didn't like Senku just like what you were speculating about.

"Oh, I appreciate that, then. Nothing is as illogical or trouble-prone as relationships. Moreover, having one person who's madly in love with me is already a pain in the ass to handle, let alone two." Senku faced his back at the two of you and fixed the things that you both use.

Hearing Senku's remark made your mood drop and your heart pierced, and afterwards stared down at your feet since it was obvious that he was pertaining to you. It's the fact that Senku was having a hard time to deal with you ever since you were kids, and you knew the reason as to why he's still sticking with you is due to the fact that your parents and his father were friends and you're helping him fabricate his science projects.

Kohaku was confused at his answer and turned her head to look at you. Seeing her baffled, you only bestowed her a faint grin before following Senku and helped him clean the things although your heart is in pain.

Night came and you three decided to take a rest for the night, you and Senku introduced yourselves to Kohaku and after the introduction, the blonde woman started to gather some woods to keep you warm from the cold wind that the night recedes. As you and Senku were preparing your sleeping bags, you whipped your head to Senku who's already looking at you with indifference.

"I know you have many questions spinning in your mind right now. So I'll tell you everything that happened before your revival."

Senku started to explain everything from the very beginning where he broke free and a year from his experiment on the revival fluid with Taiju. You were shocked and at the same time happy to know that Taiju is alive and as well as Yuzuriha. He also added that they revived Tsukasa whom you perfectly knew as the strongest primate high schooler. You actually met him in one of the shows that were interviewing famous people, but you didn't presume that he's the one who almost killed Senku. More importantly, what absolutely stunned you is the fact that it only happened today. You quickly asked the scientist if he's alright, to which he answered you that he is 10 billion percent fine.

Now, you know the answer to your question as to why Senku was there in your de-petrification because he was actually the one who revived you with his revival fluid. And also, Yuzuriha was the woman that Kohaku was talking about whom Senku had saved. And today, the leek-haired boy prompted the two of your friends to spy on Tsukasa and be with him for now so he would assume that Senku was already dead. He told you about his plans on creating his kingdom of science and acquiring more allies so that he could take back the cave of miracles where the most important ingredient for the revival fluid was, which is the nitric acid.

After the storytelling and Kohaku returned, the three of you started to sleep since you need to wake up early and the blonde woman to return home. However, you couldn't sleep well since it's making you uncomfortable and you're not used to sleeping outdoors. You shifted your body to face the campfire and you spotted Kohaku sleeping in a sitting position while holding knives in both hands.

You saw Senku shifted his body as well and saw the weird expression on his visage once his eyes settled on Kohaku. "What are you, a new species of hominid that sleeps with a sword?"

"It's because you started talking about relationships." Your heart leapt once again and tried to cover half of your face with the sleeping bag since you're still embarrassed and hurt at Senku's words earlier. Kohaku's eyes flew open and whipped her head to Senku. "I like the way you live, but I don't trust the two of you yet. I take care of myself and this habit is a result of that. Don't take it personally."

"I'm not enough of a hero to assault a lioness willy-nilly. Hurry up and get some sleep," Senku stated coolly.

"Lioness?! I have feelings, too, you know!" Kohaku protested, causing you to sweatdrop since you knew how blunt and harsh Senku was with his words. "You live like a gentleman, but your foul mouth is of another dimension. I think I might accidentally kill you someday."

"Then go to sleep before you cause any accidents. I don't want to get killed twice in the same day." Senku's remark rendered Kohaku silent and you gazed at him with concern.

Although you're glad that Senku is alive thanks to his still petrified neck and Taiju and Yuzuriha instantly discerned the clue that the scientist was giving them, still you couldn't shake off the bad feeling that Tsukasa might eventually know that he is still alive and he won't think any second guesses to kill him again.

"You're fighting against that long-haired man, aren't you? I'll help you." Kohaku declared interrupting you with your train of thoughts and gave her your full attention. "I can't just back down, either."

"Yeah," Senku lifted his body and glanced at Kohaku. "That's why I'm making a nation of science. First of all, I need manpower."

"So you want allies," Kohaku said while standing up. "Then why don't you both come with me?"

Senku smirked, pleased to hear what she just said. "You have more of your lion buddies, huh?"

"Yeah, I'm sure they'll be dependable allies. I know a man who'd be perfect. Allow me to guide you, Senku, (Name). Come with me."

● ● ●

Kohaku guided you to their village, but before that, you and Senku escorted her to gather hot water for her sick older sister. Senku even tried to help her carry the big jar which is seriously not a good idea since you knew that he doesn't have the physical strength. But before you could even stop him, he instantly fell to the floor along with the big jar.

"Have you forgotten, Senku? You don't have enough power to carry that big jar, are you trying to become a real gentleman?" you mocked which caused him to snap his head to you and shoot you a glare.

"Shut up, (Name)! I should have let you carry it and didn't give you a consideration from not surprising you with this kind of living!"

When you heard his remark, it rendered you speechless and astounded even, comprehending that Senku was thinking about your wellbeing. You felt your heart fluttered and feeling tingly inside; hence you couldn't help yourself from grinning widely and gave him a taunting gaze.

"You know, Senku, you should have said that you're worried about me, fufufu," you nudged his side that made him scowl at you.

"Who said that I'm worried? Doofus. Stop changing my interpretation, will you?" Senku pushed your face away from him and started to create a cart that was from the pulley that you both had built yesterday so that you could arrive where Kohaku lives. When you both saw the small village, Senku and you were stunned to see a village that was surrounded by the body of water with numerous kinds of huts were built.

As the three of you arrived, you saw a bridge that connects to the village. Senku was ahead of you and went in front of the bridge, but before he could step forward, you saw two men with blonde and brown hair had almost stabbed the leek-haired scientist until Kohaku immediately intervened and defended him.

"Don't be violent, Kinro, Ginro. This man saved my life." Kohaku declared with sharpness in her tone. You only scrutinize the two men whose names are Kinro and Ginro; the man with brown locks and green eyes has a well-built body rather than the shorter one with blonde-hair.

"You can't do that, Kohaku-chan. That's not good, outsiders aren't allowed here. That's a rule here, the chief's going to be angry with you," said by the blonde-haired man.

"It's a simple fact. Rules are rules," followed by the other one.

"There are no people outside the village. All those outside are criminals who were banished before."

"Therefore, I can't let you in. There's no room for consideration, even if he may saved your life," the tall man claimed with firmness and you can tell that he's the uptight man who won't be easily reeled and would stick to his duties.

"Oh? You leave me no choice, then. Shall we fight here and now? Oh, dear, it's two on one. You clearly have an advantage," although Kohaku's words were implying that they could win against her, the tone of her voice speaks of a threat that makes the blonde boy tremble in fear and the other one has a troubled expression. Observing their actions, you conclude that Kohaku is the type of woman whom you don't want to mess up with.

You scooted towards your two companions and placed your hand on Kohaku's shoulder. "I think we shouldn't do that, Kohaku. We can't blame them since they don't want to violate the rules of your village. They're just being rational here, you need to calm down."

"(Name)..."

"A-Ahh! A cutie has suddenly appeared!"

Both you and Kohaku turned your heads to the blonde-haired man whose face wore a rakehell countenance as his nose was blowing some steam. Blinking at the man with sweats on your forehead, you suddenly feel uncomfortable at the way he stares at you. But was interrupted when you heard Senku chortled.

"You're so short-tempered. And you make such a nasty face. You should listen to (Name), you need to calm down," you see him rubbing a bar of soap in his hands, you exactly have no idea on what he's going to do but when he lifted his hand and formed his index finger and thumb into a circle, an idea had popped inside your brain.

Senku blew some bubbles in which the two men went alarmed and the brown-haired boy instantly pointed the tip of his spear, causing the bubble to pop and him being surprised at what happened.

"What is this? What are these suspicious floating orbs?" the blondie inquired while looking at the bubbles with amazement.

You only watched the two being suspicious at the bubbles floating and you couldn't help but let out a snicker because of the reaction of the two.

"So that's the level you're at, huh?" Senku was looking at them with a dumb expression while picking his ear. Then suddenly, his face shifted into an evil look. "I guess I'm taking all of this, then. I'm going to get all forty of you on my side with science. This is exhilarating."

You sweatdropped at his statement since it was typical of him to say such things especially when he needed something. "With you giving such expression, they might be suspicious of you even more and disinclined to side with you."

"You make such a nasty face. That's pretty sketchy, you know." Kohaku deadpanned.

You heard the short boy suddenly ran and called someone. "Quit freaking out, Ginro. I'm already here. I saw these from the coast. I'd be crazy not to come here right away."

A boy that looks like your age has suddenly appeared. He has dark brown hair with brown eyes and rope was tied around his head. "I'm Chrome. I'm an insanely smart, genius sorcerer!"

His statement makes you confused upon hearing the sorcerer word; you tilt your head to the side and blink several times while watching the boy named Chrome.

"Looks like we won't have to go find him, Senku, (Name). This is the man I told you about yesterday," Kohaku remarked while Senku picked his ear, uninterested to see Chrome.

"A sorcerer, huh? I'm Senku, I'm a scientist," he said with no emotions at all.

With Chrome saying his speech, he brought you all to some place where you suspected as to where he lives due to the hut was built in the middle of the forest and far from the village. He showed you all the sorcery that he knows; first is what he called the rainbow bridge where the fire was changing its colour. Since you have seen different colours of fires, this didn't amaze you one bit, let alone Senku who knows everything when it regards science.

Senku told him all the materials that he had thrown at the fire, making the self-proclaimed sorcerer to be flabbergasted and eyes went wide seemingly bulging out from its sockets. Chrome didn't stop from showing all the sorcery stuff that he knew, however to his dismay, Senku won without using any of his efforts. Even in arithmetic, Senku told him all the formulas that he knew which made the boy kneel in defeat and give all the things that he had and even the scientist had acquired him.

You all went to his hut and saw many pots with different kinds of minerals and stones inside. Senku's eyes sparkled and he was amazed at Chrome's collection. Both of them got excited by examining the rocks with various colours, and thus, Senku who has a lot of knowledge about science was saying all the names of the stones that Chrome had collected.

Watching how the scientist becomes excited and crazy about stuff that you don't know the names of, you couldn't help but smile at the scene before you since it was all too nostalgic for you. It really has been a while since you've seen him getting excited with any materials that he would encounter and making his projects. Seeing him happy made you happy as well, that's how Senku affects you. It's like your mood corresponds to his mood in which whenever you'd see his troubled expression, your heart would instantly pierce since you were already accustomed to his signature smirk and sketchy faces that never left his visage.

"I have no idea how they're different. Why are you getting so excited about rocks?" Kohaku said with confusion.

But the two men didn't seem to hear the blonde girl's question, therefore you only giggled to catch Kohaku's attention.

"It's because they have varying qualities and uses in all sorts of things when you're going to make something, regardless if that creation of yours acquires the rocks in Chrome's collection. For example malachite that Senku had stated just now, is a semi-precious stone and known for making ornamental objects, they have various purposes, actually. Well, the most common is for making jewelries due to its rich green colour that is perfect for making necklaces and earrings. I don't know if you know that but it's an accessory back in our time, where you can wear jewelry due to its crystalline and colourful entity," you explained but you're utterly aware that Kohaku couldn't understand a word that you were saying since it was already evident on her face.

"I don't understand but okay."

You sweatdropped with a crook smile. "I already figured."

● ● ●

The sun had finally set, turning the once ocherous and cardinal sky into its dark shade as the moon and stars replaced the ball of a luminous celestial body that gives heat and light to Earth. The night was young as you heard the crickets' noise from somewhere in the forest and the evening's cold breeze seemingly whispering which gives you shivers to your body. Both boys were inside the hut while you were sitting outside, making a campfire to give light to the sepulchral and lusterless vicinity.

You leave the two men having their boys talk in the hut, already aware that Senku was providing more information to Chrome about science or the countless creation back before the petrification occurred. As you successfully created a campfire, you heard footsteps coming towards your way, causing you to whip your head in the direction only to see Kohaku coming to you.

"Where's the two?" She asked once she reached in front of you.

"They're inside the hut talking about some things," you answered with a smile before returning your gaze at the fire. "What brings you here?"

"I'm here to check up on you two; it seems that Chrome is beginning to trust Senku despite that he drastically lost to him." Chuckling at her statement, you picked a twig and nudged the firewood to produce more fire.

"Do you still don't trust us?" your question made Kohaku paused for a second before answering your question.

"From observing you both, you looked like someone I can trust and I'm still having second thoughts about Senku since he seemed pretty sketchy."

A loud laugh comes out from your mouth since her answer really entertained you. To be honest, you can't differ to her judgement because it's indeed a fact, knowing that you also have the idea of what Senku wants. But despite that, your childhood friend means no harm.

"You should trust him, although it doesn't seem like it, Senku means no harm. His intentions are free from wickedness, uhh... well; I guess it has a little bit." Kohaku elicits a chuckle and the way how your voice was laced with honesty, she merely shook her head lightly while smirking.

"By the way, (Name). How long have you and Senku known each other?" Her question caught your attention, in which you quickly turned your gaze at her.

"Ever since we were six years old, I and my parents moved to their neighbourhood since my father is really close friends with his dad. And that's when I met him," as you explained it to her, Kohaku can distinguish the fondness in your voice as you talk about Senku.

She scrutinizes your expression that eyes were sparkling with gentleness, thus, she notices how your lips quirk up while looking at the fire. While she was silently observing you, she suddenly remembered the day where Senku had answered her when she explained what she meant by liking him.

"I don't want to pry but I suddenly remembered what Senku said yesterday," your eyes shot open and locked gazes with Kohaku. "When he meant by having one person who's in love with him... is he talking about you?"

The question that escaped from her mouth rendered you voiceless, your lips pursed into a thin line as you feel your heart beating fast because of her question. Kohaku noticed how your smile quickly faded when she mentioned it. Now she feels guilty for saying such a thing. But before she can apologize, you speak.

"Yeah, that's me... I've been in love with him ever since we were young, and when we turned eight, I confessed my feelings for him but what do you expect? He rejected me without having doubts," you snickered and pulled your legs to hug it. "Although I was utterly rejected, I didn't stop from loving Senku and showing all my affections to him... even if he's rubbing it onto my face that he was not interested, my feelings for him still remained... I still love him despite him being harsh sometimes and breaking my heart numerous times already. That's... that's just how much I love Senku..." your voice cracked at the end of your sentence and Kohaku was stunned for divulging your feelings even though you haven't known each other that much.

She was speechless and couldn't construct any words to utter, it seemed like her words were stuck in his throat and prevented her from saying anything. She can see the downcast expression illustrating your face, making her anxious and guilt overwhelming her entire body. The atmosphere turned awkward and Kohaku could even notice it, this is the very first time she had ever engaged herself in this kind of topic. That is precisely why she doesn't know what to say to you, but Kohaku admires your undying love and for tolerating such a sketchy man.

"W-Well, I don't know what to say but... loving him for many years and although he rejected you, you're still striving and loving him. For me... that's really admirable," Kohaku grinned and placed her hand on top of your head, lightly ruffling your hair. "You're strong. And thank you for telling me."

Her words were warming your heart as you only stared at her wide eyes, but softened immediately.

Smiling, you nodded your head. "Thank you as well. And I'm sorry about the drama."

The lioness snickered and folded her arms across her chest. "What are you talking about? It's nothing, you know. You can tell me all your problems if you want to. Because I know Senku doesn't like sappy moments like this."

You giggled, "Indeed."

The both of you laughed and had someone who you can talk to in this stone world, you feel your mood brightened up and you're grateful for having Kohaku here. After an hour of sharing your lives and knowing each other, the blonde girl bid her goodbye since she needs to go to check her big sister if she's doing fine. You gave your approval and shared a goodnight to each other before taking her leave.

Once Kohaku left, you remained sitting on your spot while looking at the fire. The place was eerily quiet whereas you can hear the rustling of the leaves due to the slight blow of the wind. You uplift your chin to look at Chrome's hut and you can see that the lamp was still on and you deemed that they're still not finished on conversing. Well, you're not that surprised anymore since you already knew how long it takes Senku to share his knowledge about science. You remembered when you and Yuzuriha listened to Senku's 5-hour explanation about rockets; you thought that his explanation would reach until sunrise but thank the Gods it doesn't.

As the wind blows your body and the silent night that seemed like it was lulling you to sleep, you yawned upon feeling your eyes slowly closing since it's already late. Senku and Chrome are still talking and you don't want to disturb their conversation. Therefore you sauntered towards the big tree across Chrome's hut and leaned your back against the trunk; you closed your eyes and drifted yourself to sleep.

● ● ●

"Oi, sleepyhead, wake up," you stirred in your sleep once you felt someone nudging your feet but you don't care who it was since you're really sleepy and tired to even look at who it was.

"(Name), wake up, you knucklehead. You shouldn't sleep here in this place; we can't afford to catch a cold specifically that we will get busy the day after tomorrow. I told you to wake up already!" Senku didn't hesitate to pinch your cheeks that seriously woke you up and winced in pain due to how much pressure he tweaked your cheeks.

"Senku, w-what the hell?" you shot your eyes open and looked at him with an irritated look. The leek-haired boy merely smirked at you before placing his hands on his waist.

"I should be the one saying that to you, doofus. What the hell are you doing sleeping in here? Do you want to get sick, huh?"

You straightened your back and yawned afterwards, "I don't have a choice, I'm sleepy and I don't want to disturb you two from talking about science."

Senku snickered upon hearing your statement before pressing his finger in his ear. "In all honesty, I told him everything about what happened 3,700 years ago, including the creation and technology that we have back in our time. So you could feasibly say that since 99.9% in our world are mostly science."

You only listened to him and didn't speak since you were seriously sleepy that you couldn't care less if you sleep here outside. And you don't want to trigger Senku's love for science or else he will incessantly tell you about everything, not disregarding one detail about it.

"When you said that you're going to rebuild civilization and save humanity... are you making all of it from scratch? Without even the high-class materials and tools?" you inquired, straightly looking to his scarlet eyes that mirror the colour of the blood.

Senku's grin widened and pushed his hair back then gazed at the sky. "Yeah, everything. We're going to save humanity, all 7 billion people on this Earth, even if we take decades or more than that to rebuild civilization, it won't stop me. Giving up in this situation is the least logical course of action, that's why we need to take back the cave of miracles from Tsukasa in order to do that."

Listening to Senku and watching him whose eyes hold conviction and determination, a small smile adorned your features since this man will do anything just to solve any conundrums. You really admired him so much, his personality amazes you that you couldn't help but fall for him harder, and it was inevitable not to love this man.

Every word that would escape from his mouth, his brilliance and intelligence that will never be smeared by anyone, you couldn't help but let your heart shout for Senku over and over again. Letting yourself submerged into his world and watch him in everything that he does with his eyes shining in excitement. Choosing Senku as the one whom you gave your heart to and loving him is the best choice that you had ever made. You were glad that you met Senku and his father, Taiju and Yuzuriha as well.

You mimicked Senku by staring at the overcast sky with millions of stars twinkling. "Then that means... we're back to square one?"

Senku chuckled and locked gazes with you. "Yeah, back to square one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 106 5
On that day every man woman and child on Earth...instantly turned to stone. Y/n happened to be one of most popular people in his school due to him be...
2.1K 113 21
It was just stupidly thick yellow notebook that everyone had and used for chemistry, but it caused you to finally talk to the science boy. You could...
81.1K 2.6K 41
Everyone on that day, turned to stones. ⚠️𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓮⚠️ This is my first fanfic of Dr. Stone. This is from the anime/manga: Dr. Stone. For those who...
9.7K 584 48
Kiera Stronghold, Avenger, finds herself trapped in a different universe on an Earth stuck in the stone-age. At least she has a smartass scientist a...