Gifted to the Alpha (SAMPLE)...

By TheDirtySaint

Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no... More

DISCLAMER
Quintessence
Graduation
Harvest
Towser
PUBLISHING

Pamper

61.2K 1.6K 258
By TheDirtySaint

My alarm went off early as usual, I had to make breakfast for Skylee and change out my mother's laundry. She only had a few scrubs left after a very stressful week at the hospital. Today was the big day! Graduation. I needed to get myself ready, Sky ready and my mother ready to attend. Mom didn't get off until three this morning, and Sky was just lazy.

First thing I did this morning was step into the kitchen and start the coffee. I waited patiently, watching the sun rise from the kitchen window. It was a beautiful sight to see, on a day I will never forget. I cracked the window open to smell the dew. I would remember and cherish this tranquility. With a click, the coffee was done, and I poured myself a cup, adding just a little sugar and cream.

The mocha liquid scolded my tongue at first touch, but soon the heat enveloped my mouth, awakening every sleeping tastebud on my delicate palate. The taste of roasted caramel coffee, drenching my soul. It was heavenly. I took a few more sips before starting on breakfast. Today was a day for waffles, coated in sugar and peanut butter! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

I had about six mini waffles done before I went to wake Sky. She was so cute bundled up in her blanket, drooling. I snapped a quick picture on my phone as black mail for later. I snickered to myself, waking sleeping beauty. She brushed me off, rolling over until I told her waffles were ready. She took off downstairs without another word or incoherent mumble.

Next my mom.

I knocked on her door, seeing if she was still asleep. When I didn't get an answer, I opened her door, hearing a small squeak of protest from the hinges.

"Mom, coffee is ready and there's waffles downstairs." I softly spoke. Nobody likes to be rudely awakened. Especially when my mother just went to bed a few hours ago. But she insisted on me waking her, she wanted to spend the day with me. She hummed and stretched, still keeping her eyes closed. I left her to fall back asleep because that's what she needed.  She needed her rest, and I would be fine without her for a few more hours.

I walked back down the old stairs, seeing Sky shoveling waffles in her mouth. I then decided to joke with her.

"Wooo, Crikey look at Sky as she shovels food to her mouth." I said in an Australian accent. "What a beauty this one." Trying to sound as much like Steve Erwin as possible. "Watch as she takes yet another bite. I would avoid those teeth if I were you." I started to giggle while Sky looked at me. Annoyance but humor hidden behind her eyes. Before she opened her mouth showing me the gummy food substance. Gross. Making us both giggle.

"Coffee?" I mussed, setting a cup in front of her.

She nodded her head, thanking me. Her mouth looking like a chipmunk, it was adorable. I then got my plate, sat down and began to eat. My mouth loved the food and my tummy enjoyed the fill. What a great start to a great day! By the time Sky and I finished, my mother slumped down the stairs. I immediately grabbed her a cup of coffee and started making her plate.  Sitting it right at the head of the table.

The dark circles under her eyes looked hollow. She was beyond exhausted, but she wanted to push through. She's the boss, whatever she says goes, and she wanted to be with me. Sky and I talked back and forth about her classes yesterday and her getting ready for summer school. While my mom lazily ate and drank her coffee listening. I'm not sure what all she heard, because the next minute I looked over, she was sawing Z's.

I moved her coffee and plate, making sure if her head slipped from her hand, it wouldn't go plummeting into the sugar waffles down below. Sky and I got up, heading up stairs to get ready for the day. I had a beautiful navy blue fitted dress, and sandal wedges, picked out for today. Although not many would see it, the shoes looked super cute. Today I was to get my hair done, eyebrows waxed, professional make up, manicure and pedicure. I was getting the whole works with my mom, and Sky of course. This day was for us, my graduation, Sky not failing her first year and my mom just needed a day.

Instead of putting my outfit on, I dressed in a white camisole, my black jacket and some skinny black jeans. I slipped my black sandals on my feet; I didn't wear sandals much. But today was a must for the pedicure, I didn't want to ruin my toes polish. My first appointment today was nails, then brows, hair and makeup.

It was now nine in the morning and my mother had rested her head on the table. Still in her pajamas, drooling from her gaped mouth. Must be where Sky gets it from. I whispered into my mother's ear.

"It's nine. We have to go to our first appointment, in thirty minutes." I rubbed her back, waking her.

"Luna, why did you let me sleep? I missed breakfast." She horses out. I giggled.

"You made it for about five minutes." I smiled, already making her a fresh pot of coffee. "Get changed and I will have your coffee ready." I ushered her towards the door. "We don't have much time." With a little push, I waved my hands, shooing her from the kitchen.

"I thought I was the mom." She sassed back, still in her morning gruff.

"You are, now go." I waved again, smiling of course.

Sky was already dressed looking like the skateboard chick she wished she was. Avril Lavigne was her idol, she looked close to her. Blond hair, brunet strips, dark thick eyeliner, and a vampire pale complexion. Always in skinny, ripped jeans, and a very large zipper hoodie. Eventually she will grow from this, I hope anyway. Going to be hard for her to make it in the business world if she doesn't change.

"Get your shoes on Sky, when mom is done, we have to go." I loudly spoke so she could hear me from the kitchen. I needed to clean up breakfast.

A few minutes after I finished cleaning up, mom came leaping down the stairs. Looking much better than she did before. I handed her the keys and coffee, Sky went out the door first, followed by my mother, then me. I locked the door, making sure it was shut tight. We all took our leave in my mother's SUV, heading straight for the nail salon.

I didn't feel truly relaxed until I sat in the pedicure massage chair, enjoying my foot massage and the hot soak. This truly was amazing, it's the little things in life we take for granted.

"Wha-col-or u wan?"  Kimmy Jen asked me. Her English was broken, but she was a very nice girl. Never talked to anyone in her native tongue. She didn't want people to think she was talking about them. I respected her, for respecting me. Even learning a few of her words like thank you, looks amazing and beautiful.

"Not sure. What do you think Kimmy?" I questioned, knowing she wouldn't put an ugly puke green on my toes.

She sat there for a second looking at my feet, then got up and went to the nail polish. Picking up a dark blue shade, shaking it, then holding it to the light. She was satisfied with the color and started walking my way.

"This one?" She asked, awaiting my answer. She handed me the polish so I could check it out. It was pretty and a dark blue like I suspected. But what I didn't see before was that it had a pearl shine to it. I really loved this shade like a midnight blue.

"This will match perfectly with my dress Kimmy! You have a good eye!" I gave her a warm smile.

She beamed with satisfaction; I'm guessing she wasn't praised much. Her smile reached all the way to her eyes, showing me the joy, she held. Kimmy was around the same age as me, a harvest girl. I would be seeing her again tomorrow, for the choosing.

Kimmy finished my toes and I went to her mother, who did my nails in the same color. I didn't get fake nails, just wasn't my style. I try my best to keep the nails I have, looking as nice as can be. Being a nurse people see your hands quite a bit.

My mother sat on my right side, while Skylee sat on my left. Both finishing up on their nails.

"The blue really matches your eyes." My mother chimed, admiring the pearl shine glistening off the light's reflection.

"Thanks, mom. I like your red too." I told her, as she blew on her nails.

"Sky, what did you get?" My mother asked.

Sky threw her hand in the air showcasing her black nails. I giggled to myself, skater chick until the end.

"What's so funny?" Sky sassed.

"Why so dark?" I retorted. With that she smirked shaking her head side to side, in a 'no' manner.

"Ok, I will pay Mrs. Jen, you two head to the car." Mom said as she waved for the two of us to-go.

Sky and I went to the car. I stole shotgun, making Sky sour as can be. She hated sitting in the back, but so did I. Always made me feel queasy, fortunately I was older and stronger than her. I watched my mother pay Mrs. Jen, through the large storefront window.

When mom was finished, she met us at the car and plopped down into the driver's seat, ready for the next adventure. Heading to the salon for our next beauty treatment. We walked into the busy salon; my mother greeted the ladies. Three chairs sat empty awaiting our arrival. Paige started on my hair, while Ada started on Sky's. We were just having a style, but my mother needed a haircut too. Anna started shampooing my mother.

Lucky for the ladies in the salon, they all survived the harvest. Paige just turned twenty-one this past year, lucky girl. Paige ran her fingers, through my long dirty blond hair. My hair was beautiful and thick, Paige always complimented on how healthy my hair was. The length reaching to just under my shoulder blades. Took me three years to get it this long, and I loved it.

"So, what are we doing today?" She quirked.

"Brows and style, please." I pleasantly told her, catching her eyes in the reflection of the mirror. She gave me a soft smile nodding her head in agreement, this was nothing she couldn't handle.

She took the hot wax and delicately as possible took care of my eyebrows. Running her hand in my long locks, she began to curl my hair, taming my beach waves. Making my hair look just a bit more formal and classic. Ada did the same with Sky's hair, only she had board straight hair. Hair spray clouded the air, making each curl stick with purpose. Then Paige pulled the top half of my hair back, designing an updo with technique. It was beautiful and she was amazing at her job. Next, she began skillfully painting my face. Using her talent to draw out my cheekbones, she plumped my lips and highlighted my eyes. She truly was an artist with skin, and I was the canvas to her masterpiece.

"I feel like Cinderella, thanks Paige! It looks amazing!" I stated as a fact enthusiastically.

Sky felt the same way, she wasn't graduating, but we would definitely be taking pictures. In mom's eyes you have to look your best, you know. My mother walked around the corner, looking stunning in her newly layered hair. She too had straight hair, while I got my curls from my dad. I miss him.

"Well, what do you girls think?" Her eyes bouncing back and forth, between Sky and myself.

"Looking hot mom." Sky sizzled. Looking her up and down.

"Yeah, mom you look really good!" I nodded in approval.

Her smile widened, looking at the two girls her world revolves around. The bond your family made after a death is one, I can't explain. The raw emotions we endured and the pain we had to fight through to stay whole, was agonizing but worth it. If you have felt this then you know. No words can possibly, make a person understand, because at the end of the day their gone and you're broken. An just to survive means digging deep into your soul to find the part of you that still wants to live. That part that kept my mother pushing forward, was her daughters and the love we felt for her kept us going. Love cured all in pain and suffering, because we knew, one day we would meet again.

"All right, let's get going, we need to get you to the school Luna." She spoke with such excitement and eagerness.

We arrived home, the three of us heading to change. I can't believe this day has finally come.

***********************************************

Chapter two is done! Idk if y'all noticed I have been making my chapters longer! Hope you enjoy! This is character building, it may seam boring now. But will all make since later.

Vote, comment, share! Thanks y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 2.9K 63
(Condensed scene from the POV of Kayla) I can never have children, and I'm sure my mate felt what happened to me. If I ever meet him, he is sure to r...
157K 4.7K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
2.2M 54.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
168K 4.7K 35
Highest Ranking ~^~ #1 in DarkMagic ; 14/05/2019 #2 in DarkMagic ; 13/05/2019 #72 in Werewolf ; 23/09/2017 #79 in Werewolf ; 07/1/2018 #16 in Element...