Bittersweet Cafe

By Kirityu_Ryukaro

Owning a cafe that is frequented by many, heroes and civilians alike, isn't easy, but Midoriya didn't really... More

Chapter 1 - Cafe
Chapter 2 - Blue Fire
Chapter 3 - Bird Brain
Chapter 4 - UA
Chapter 5 - Biscuit
Chapter 7 - Hostage
Chapter 8 - USJ
Chapter 9 - New Friends?
Chapter 10 - Sports Festival
Chapter 11 - Transfer
Chapter 12 - Fire and Explosions
Chapter 13 - Shut the fuck up and listen to me
Chapter 14 - Everyone's just a dork
Chapter 15 - Mr Licky Licky Stabby Stabby
Chapter 16 - More Stained
Chapter 17 - Quirks
Chapter 18 - Confusion

Chapter 6 - Dragons, whales and portals

16.2K 685 486
By Kirityu_Ryukaro

The group of 1-A students had started frequenting the cafe, and Midoriya had slowly gotten accustomed to the timings at which they entered and their usual orders on that particular day of the week. He also remembered who usually didn't come on the daily class outings and homework sessions, and made sure to only prepare the necessary orders ahead of time.

The only ones who had never entered the cafe were Mineta and Todoroki, and Midoriya suspected that it was because of Enji; he never liked the man, and never would, but Enji could not hurt his family as long as Midoriya was around. Midoriya had taken Dabi under his wing, and if he needed to, he would extent that protection to Todoroki.

His sister, Fuyumi, came along often enough, much to his confusion; the Todorokis didn't live anywhere that area, and he knew that the school that Fuyumi worked in wasn't in the area either. What she was doing so far from home, Midoriya didn't know, but Midoriya always packed some extra snacks whenever Fuyumi came in with her bulk order; Fuyumi had mentioned before that Todoroki liked the vanilla biscuits and Natsuo prefered the chocolate ones.

Midoriya was never fond of Mineta, based on the descriptions that 1-A had given him. He hated people like him, people who tried to take advantage of others over their genetics. Midoriya certainly had enough of that bullshit, and he wasn't eager to meet the little piece of shit.

Or maybe he should seek him out and teach him to not mess with his friends.

"Midoriya! Help!" Kaminari waved his arm at the green haired teen, "I can't do this, and no one wants to help me!"

Midoriya delivered his next order, before he retied the string around his apron and approached Kaminari, "What is it this time?"

Kaminari pouted, and pointed to the question. Midoriya scratched his head, "That's easy, though?"

Yaoyorozu looked up from her worksheet. She knew how to do the question, but she certainly wouldn't say it was easy.

"You just integrate that, then differenciate that. And then then plug both of them into that equation, and you should end up with three variables. You have to differenciate that other two equations, and substitute it. You should be able to cancel it out and get five for x. Then plug x into the other variable equations. You should get two for y, seven for z, fifteen for w and eleven for v." Midoriya pointed out.

"Did you just do the entire thing mentally? Without a calculator!? Holy cow, Bakugou's right! You really are a genius!" Ashido gasped, and Midoriya sheepishly scratched the back of his head, "Not really. I'm just good at maths. It's the simplest subject for me since it's objective and it's either right or wrong with no inbetween."

-------------

"Ryu! Haven't seen you here for a while. How are you?" Midoriya greeted, as the Dragoon Hero settled down on the seat by the counter, as another figure with the face of a killer whale took the seat beside her.

"Zuku. I'm good. Things been busy lately." She shrugged, ordering a green tea latte. "Kugo, want anything?"

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" The other figure whispered, and Midoriya let out a sharp bark of laughter as he went to prepare her drink, "Yep. I honestly didn't expect you to bring him here."

"Sakamata Kugo, Midoriya Izuku." Tatsuma introduced them, and Midoriya stuck his hand out, "Just call me Izuku, I don't mind."

Sakamata shook Midoriya's much smaller hand, just realising how young this kid was.

"So, Ryu, what do you need this time?"

"Advice." Tatsuma lowered her voice. "There's this villain that we're chasing, but he causes a lot of collateral damage and it distracts whichever heroes that are chasing him in order to save civillains. I'm confident we can take him down, but we're really sure not how to prevent him from causing more damage."

"Ryuko, he's a kid. We can't get him involved." Sakamata weakly protested, but Tatsuma just lightly pushed him in the shoulder, before nodding at Midoriya, who had his back turned to them to grab something from the fridge, "Don't worry about it. It's just a cafe, no harm done. Especially not when he's around."

Sakamata turned back to Midoriya, who had placed Tatsuma's latte in front of her and a smaller cup of iced tea in front of Sakamata, as well as a smaller plate of biscuits.

"Hey, sorry, I don't know what you like, so I just made you something generic." Midoriya scratched his head, before lowering his voice, "Which villain are you talking about? No offence, a lot of villains, and one particular flaming garbage hero, make a ton of collateral damage."

"You really do hate Endeavor, don't you?" Tatsuma chuckled, and Sakamata reeled back in alarm that this teenager actually dared to insult Enji. Yes, Enji wasn't here at the moment, but who actually blackmouths the Number Two hero in public!?

"Obviously. He's one of the heroes that I absolutely detest." Midoriya shrugged, "So, about that other guy?"

"Here." Tatsuma whipped out her phone, and played a video of an armoured man who touched the ground and created a massive earthquake, along with several large holes in the ground, before she reached out and grabbed a biscuit off the plate.

"Oh, that idiot Earthshaker. One day he's going to fall into his own sinkhole." Midoriya snorted, "Pincer movement. As far I as I can tell, he needs to touch the ground in order to use his powers. Kugo can blast him into the air with his hypersonic waves and disorientate him long enough for Ryu to attack from the back. Don't let him touch the ground. Keep him in midair. I'm not sure if he just causes earthquakes, or can cause other things to shake as well, but just try to pin his arms to prevent him from touching anything; he has a five point touch and his hands aren't covered by armour. Also, go for the joints, they can't be well protected in order to allow for mobility. I think there was also once that he used a taser and some knives, so be careful of that too. Or you could just mow him down, armour doesn't really help against blunt impact if you just smash into him."

Sakamata wanted to facepalm. Of course a pincer movement would work. It was common sense; why didn't any of them think of it?! Why were they always charging head-first into a fight without thinking of alternate stragegies? And how the heck did Midoriya deduce all that from just a couple of videos, assuming that he had watched all the videos on the internet regarding that particular villain!?

"I know the Hero Commission frowns upon pincer movements, especially when the attack is planned, but I don't really care about what the commission says; if it takes the villain down and causes minimal damage, then it works. They should really stop caring about publicity and start working on effectiveness, maybe they can actually do something right for a change." Midoriya sighed, before pulling out his phone, "Based on the attack pattern that I've seen, I'm going to take a speculation and say that he's going to attack here."

He opened up a map application, before pointing to an area not too far off from UA, "Kugo should take a frontal assault, and Ryu can follow up behind. Also, sorry by calling you by your given name, your appearance already draws enough attention and I wanted to make this as inconspicuous as possible."

"Makes sense. It's fine. As long as you keep it a secret. We better get going and take him down." Sakamata muttered.

"Ryuko!" Eri hopped down the stairs, and raced up to Tatsuma, with Kota following behind her. Tatsuma reached down, ruffling her hair, smiling, "Hello, Eri, Kota. How are you doing?"

"Awesome!" Eri piped up, sticking her arms in the air, "We had to do a timed practise, and I got full marks!"

"Hello, Ms Ryuko." Kota scratched his arm, but Tatsuma laughed, "I keep telling you to drop the Ms."

"Isn't that the Pussycats' kid? What is he doing here?" Sakamata whispered.

"Later." Tatsuma replied, before she grabbed her latte and stood up, "Sorry, we can't stay for long. I'll pop by later once we finish some stuff up."

"Okay!" Eri and Kota replied in sync. They stared at each other for a good minute, before bursting into laughter.

Tatsume chuckled, before saying, "Come one, let's go. Kugo, grab your drink. It's really good."

"But I didn't pay for it." Sakamata quickly retorted, but Midoriya just shrugged, "Hey, I gave it to you. You don't have to pay."

"But -"

Midoriya leaned over the counter, and grinned, "Look, you're an orca, and it's really hot outside right now. Do me a favour, cool yourself down, and take out that stupid earthquake villain, capiche?"

The door chimed, and another customer walked in, and Midoriya made his way to the cashier, acting like he hadn't just threatened a hero to just take the cup of tea.

"Zuku's stubborn. And he does it often enough enough, might as well get used to it." Tatsuma shrugged, "Come on, we have a job to do. You can squabble with him over the drink later."

-------------

"Wow, it's actually really good." Sakamata stated, as he took a sip out of his tea.

"Told you so." Tatsuma replied smugly, finishing up her latte and tossing the empty paper cup into the trash bin. Midoriya always prefered using paper cups over plastic, but unlike most other cafes, he didn't just use disposable cups. He usually used glass or ceremic cups over disposable ones, with the only exception being for takeaways, or for heroes who couldn't stay for long. Tatsuma herself usually brought her own flask, but one of her collegues accidentally broke hers and she hadn't gotten a replacement yet.

"So, you've been frequnting that cafe for quite some time?" Sakamata asked, as they walked to the location that Midoriya had pointed out.

"Yeah. He opened the cafe around three years ago." Tatsuma nodded, "Admittedly, I was hesitant to try it at first, after hearing that it was being run by a child who wasn't even a teenager."

"What made you check it out?"

"Aizawa." Tatsuma laughed, "If it manages to satisfy Aizawa, then it's probably good."

"Uh... how do you know Aizawa?" Sakamata asked, "I've worked with that guy once or twice, but he's an underground hero and most other heroes don't know about him, no offence."

"My senior, Thirteen works in UA, and Aizawa was her senior when she just entered UA." Tatsume pointed out, "I had met up once with Thirteen, and we happened to go to Izuku's cafe to check it out. I didn't want to try it, and Thirteen shared my sentiments, but was willing to give it try because of Aizawa's recommendation."

They reached the location Midoriya had stated, and Sakamata hurriedly finished his drink, tossing the cup in the bin. There wasn't anything going on, and Sakamata scratched his head, "Are you sure we should listen to him? Midoriya, I mean. Not Aizawa."

"Yeah. He's pretty accurate most of the time. Plus, we wanted to get here before the villain shows up, didn't we?" Tatsuma chuckled, "You stay here, I'm going to go circle around."

Midoriya was a decent kid, to say the least, but Sakamata really was hesitant to believe the teenager. He made a pretty good analysis of the villain, but how did he know that the villain would attack this exact street? He was just following along with what Tatsuma said, since she was pretty confident in the kid, but he wasn't too sure. Plus, Earthshaker had only attacked five or six times in total, what kind of attack pattern could be there for analysis?

Sakamata was shaken out of his thoughts when he heard screaming, and a hoard of civillains running in his direction.

"He's here!"

"The Earthshaker!"

Sakamata's jaw dropped, as he looked in the direction of the screams.

He was right?!

"Get your head out of the clouds, Orcy." Tatsuma's voice came out from his earpiece, "I told you he was accurate."

Sakamata quickly rushed towards Earthshaker, firing off his hypersonic waves and sending him flying. Tatsuma emerged from behind a building, quickly transforming into her dragon form and slamming into the villain with the force of a semi truck, knocking the villain out easily.

"Wow. That was a lot easier than I thought." Tatsuma pulled up the downed villain, as the metal armour cracked and fell to the ground in pieces, "I guess once your neutralise his quirk, there's really nothing to worry about. I can't believe Kamui Woods and Mountain Lady had so much trouble with him.

Yeah, Sakamata wasn't going to to underestimate Midoriya Izuku any time soon.

-------------

Midoriya sighed as he walked along the street. He was running out of supplies, and he had decided to go on a grocery run. The cafe wasn't open yet; it was too early, but Midoriya wasn't sure if he would be back in time, and left Dabi in charge of the cafe while he was gone. Dabi was decent enough at making drinks, and most of the normal patrons tended to just order snacks while Dabi was around, opting to wait for Midoriya to come back before ordering their drinks.

Midoriya stretched, and yawned. Eri had decided to accompany him today, and Kota had slept in.

All of a sudden, a swirl of purple appeared in front of them, and Midoriya jumped backwards, pulling Eri away from the portal. A misty hand reached out towards him, and Midoriya hurriedly pushed Eri away from the purple portal.

"Zu-nii!" Eri shrieked as the purple hand grabbed the collar of Midoriya's shirt, dragging the green haired boy into the portal.

"No! Don't come closer!" Midoriya yelped, "Go back! I've told you guys what to do already!"

Eri could only sit there and watch as the portal slowly closed, leaving her all alone on the street. She sat there, stunned into silence, before she pushed herself up, and raced back to the cafe.

They needed to go to UA. They would help them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 27 7
I just had a craziest idea to make a new fanfic were our character Izuku Midoriya has a same quirk and personalities (Personas) like 'Crazy Jane' in...
45K 1.1K 15
Izuku Midoriya has had a tough childhood. His mother abuses him, his father left when he was a baby, his childhood best friend bullies him every day...
114 5 5
Quirkless, Motherless, abused, and forgotten. By his peers, his neighborhood, even the police and pro heroes declared him dead. And they moved on in...
452K 12.1K 36
Midoriya gets hit by an unknown quirk (are we sure he doesn't have a bad luck quirk?) and when they ask the person who did it, our hero finds out he'...