Bittersweet Cafe

By Kirityu_Ryukaro

Owning a cafe that is frequented by many, heroes and civilians alike, isn't easy, but Midoriya didn't really... More

Chapter 1 - Cafe
Chapter 2 - Blue Fire
Chapter 3 - Bird Brain
Chapter 4 - UA
Chapter 6 - Dragons, whales and portals
Chapter 7 - Hostage
Chapter 8 - USJ
Chapter 9 - New Friends?
Chapter 10 - Sports Festival
Chapter 11 - Transfer
Chapter 12 - Fire and Explosions
Chapter 13 - Shut the fuck up and listen to me
Chapter 14 - Everyone's just a dork
Chapter 15 - Mr Licky Licky Stabby Stabby
Chapter 16 - More Stained
Chapter 17 - Quirks
Chapter 18 - Confusion

Chapter 5 - Biscuit

15.7K 697 457
By Kirityu_Ryukaro

Aizawa sighed as he watched the ongoing Quirk Apprehension Test. Most of the students were doing pretty well. Despite some of the students being slightly annoying, most of them had potential and Aizawa wasn't going to kick them out.

There was some kid who kept messing around, though. He was doing well on his tests, but he was an absolute menace, constantly disturbing others. There was also some other troublesome kid, Mineta, but Aizawa was too tired to expell so many people at once. Maybe someone would just beat it into Mineta that his behaviour was unacceptable, but for now, the purple haired pervert was the least of his concerns.

He needed to deal with that kid who constanatly disturbed and distracted others and made them do worse in their tests.

"Alright, all the tests are over. Gather back here and you guys will see your placings."

The invisible girl, Hagakure Toru, had gotten last, though to be fair, her quirk was practically useless in these tests. She slumped forward, dejected, as the boy with the tail tried to comfort her.

"And about that expulsion thing... It was a logical ruse to draw out the best of your abilities. I only expel students who have no potential. Speaking of which, you."

Aizawa pointed at the boy who constantly disturbed his classmates.

"You're expelled."

The boy tried to protest, but Aizawa just growled, "Shut it. All I've seen you do is harrass your peers, distracting them, and sometimes even using your quirk to prevent them as doing as well as they should have. I know six year olds with more potential than you! Now, go pack your stuff. We won't be seeing you again."

----------------

"Kiri! You guys wanna go that cafe again?" Ashido asked, and Kirishima and Kaminari perked up.

"You bet!" Kirishima grinned.

"Cafe?" Iida asked.

"Ah, I heard about that cafe." Yaoyorozu nodded, "I've heard that the quality is really good. I've wanted to try it for some time but I've never had the opportunity to go check it out."

"We should go as a class! Break the ice, get to know each other!" Hagakure exclaimed.

"Same here. I heard it's good." Asui replied, as Jiro shrugged, "I don't really mind. We were released early anyways."

"Sorry... cafes are a bit out of my budget..." Uraraka stammered, but Ashido wrapped her arm around Uraraka, "Nonsense. It's not really that expensive, trust me.

"Well... if you say so..." Uraraka scratched her head, "I guess I'll go try it out."

"Oh, Bakugou and Todoroki left already..." Iida turned around, "I'm down for a visit, but caffine in the afternoon is not good for the body!"

"Don't be such a spoilsport, Iida." Kaminari laughed, "Plus, they also sell fruit punches and tea. And let me tell you, they're awesome."

"Hmm... it sounds interesting. I think I will join." Tokoyami stated, and Dark Shadow popped out, laughing.

Koda stuck his thumb up, and Ojiro and Sero voiced his approval. Sato excused himself from the outing, stating that he had promised his mother they could bake together after school, and Mineta, Aoyoma and Shoji had already left.

"Do you mind if we stop by one of the shops on the way there?" Kirishima asked, grabbing his bag, "I'm missing some school supplies and I want to grab them before I forget."

"Of course it's okay!" Iida nodded, "You should be conscientious of what you do and don't have for school!"

----------------

"DEKU!"

Bakugou stomped into the cafe, and Midoriya looked up from the coffee machine.

"Ah, so you noticed?"

"Why didn't you tell me he was a teacher in UA!?" Bakugou demanded.

"You mean Shouta? You didn't ask." Midoriya retorted, "Plus, why should I tell you about Shouta's job? That's invading his privacy."

Bakugou growled, but didn't say anything. He looked around, noticing the absence of the other male and the two children, "Where's Dabi, Eri and Kota?"

"Shopping trip at the grocery store." Midoriya shrugged, "Plus, Eri and Kota are growing out of their current clothes. They grow surprisingly fast."

"They're fucking kids, of course they grow fucking fast." Bakugou grumbled, and Midoriya laughed. He didn't really approve of Bakugou swearing his head off, but he would tolerate it as long as he didn't do it in front of his kids. It was actually pretty amusing to see how many swears that Bakugou could fit in one sentence.

Bakugou looked up when he heard a commotion at the door, and he turned just in time to see thirteen UA students enter the cafe.

Iida's jaw almost dropped, "Bakugou?"

Yaoyorozu gawked; she certainly wasn't expecting to see Bakugou in a place like this.

Midoriya noticed Ashido, Kaminari, and Kirishima, "Mina! Kaminari! Kirishima! How was your first day in UA?"

"Pretty awesome, bro!" Kirishima grinned, "Our homeroom teacher expelled someone on the first day, so that was a surprise, but other than that, all's good."

"Who is he? You guys know him?" Jiro nudged Kaminari, and the electric boy smiled, "We visited after the UA entrance exams! And again when we got our acceptance letters. Midoriya's a really nice guy. Oh yeah! We should introduce you guys. That's Midoriya Izuku, owner of this cafe. Midoriya, this is -"

"Nah, that's not necessary." Midoriya laughed. He already knew who they were; Bakugou's complained enough about them being annoying extras and Midoriya had already done his research.

Kaminari refused to give in, and started introducing the rest of the UA students, before saying, "Well, come on, let's order!"

Iida and Yaoyorozu's eyes widened; they certainly hadn't seen such low prices in a cafe before that had such a good reputation.

It took some time for the students to order. Uraraka was the last, and she hesitantly placed an order for the smallest and cheapest tea. It took Ashido some coaxing for her to order something more expensive, and after she ordered, Midoriya merely placed the order and before Uraraka could take her wallet out to pay, Midoriya stopped her immediately, "Don't worry about it. It's on me."

"No! I can't... " Uraraka protested, but Midoriya just waved it off, "Nah, it's fine. Let's just say... I know some stuff."

"Oh? Hitting on people already?" Ashido grinned, but Midoriya merely looked at her in confusion, "I'm not hitting her at all?"

Bakugou facepalmed, "Deku, you're a genius most of the time, but you're also a huge fucking idiot."

Iida was about to scold Bakugou for his behaviour, but Midoriya just laughed, "Well, I didn't say that I'm not. I certainly can be stupid at times."

"Well... I think we're blocking the way. Is there a table for all of us to sit at?" Ojiro asked, and Midoriya pointed at a large table by the window, that wasn't too far from the counter, "Over there. I'll bring all you're drinks over later. Oh yeah, Tokoyami, does Dark Shadow want anything?"

"Hmm... do you want to eat anything?" Tokoyami asked, and Dark Shadow popped and nodded, before pointing to the strawberry biscuits that were for display. "Well, I'll get one of that."

The group turned to move towards the table that Midoriya had pointed out, and settled down, before Hagakure paused, "Wait, we didn't mention Dark Shadow at all. How did Midoriya know about it?"

The students turned to face her, before realising what she had said.

"Uh... maybe cause Tokoyami has a bird head? No offence, dude." Kaminari pointed out, and Tokoyami grunted under his breath.

"You're right. That is weird." Yaoyorozu mused, "Maybe he had happened to see Tokoyami and his quirk before?"

"I don't live anywhere in this area." Tokoyami stated, "And if he owns the cafe, then he probably lives around here. How old is he anyways? He looks like he should still be in middle school."

"Oh, he's our age, actually." Ashido pipped up, "There's usually this other guy with black hair and a lot of scars that helps him out, and there's also two kids here, Eri and Kota. They're not here right now, for some reason."

"Well... that's weird." Ojiro asked, "Why isn't he in school, then?"

"Deku's too fucking smart for school." Bakugou growled, sipping his drink harshly, "If Deku went to school, he'll probably break the entire system."

"Kacchan, I'm not that smart." Midoriya rolled his eyes, delivering Asui, Sero, Yaoyorozu, Ashido, Hagakure and Tokoyami's orders to the table.

"Says you." Bakugou shrugged, "You wouldn't be here at all if you weren't smart."

Midoriya froze up, before he promptly relaxed, and turned around to face Bakugou, "Yeah, you're right, Kacchan."

The UA students watched the conversation in confusion, and Iida promptly stomped over to Bakugou to berate him for being rude. Ashido waited until Midoriya went back to the counter, and whispered, "What was that about?"

"I honestly... don't know." Yaoyorozu replied.

"I sense an inner darkness within him." Tokoyami muttered, "This isn't all there is to Midoriya Izuku."

"You and your dramatic speech." Hagakure laughed, before taking a sip out of her iced tea, "Oh, wow! This is really refreshing!"

Yaoyorozu took a small bit out of the cake that she had ordered, and immediately perked up, "Woah. Most cakes are either too sweet or too bland, but this is perfect!"

Dark Shadow was contently munching on his biscuit, trying to take small bites and savour the taste as much as possible, knowing that Tokoyami was probably not going to get it another one.

"Man, Dark Shadow looks so happy eating it. Now I'm tempted to order it just to try." Ashido laughed, grabbing her latte.

It didn't take too long for Iida to get back to the table, and for Midoriya to deliver the rest of their orders, along with a small dish of strawberry biscuits, just like the one that Dark Shadow had eaten.

"Eh? We didn't order this." Iida scratched his head, confused. He stood up, and faced the counter, prepared to return the dish to Midoriya, when the green haired boy just grinned at him and shot him a thumbs up.

----------------

Nezu cackled as he recorded the 1-A security footage. Bakugou's reactions to seeing Yamada and Kayama on the second day were hilarious. Pity that he didn't recognise Snipe or Ectoplasm though, since they had their masks on.

Nezu made a mental note to compile it for the teachers to watch.

He would probably want to look at it as well.

"Oh my god, did you see his expression!?" Kayama roared with laughter from the safety of the staff room, "He just looked at me, before he started yelling swears left and right! And then Iida started yelling at him to stop swearing and to shut up!"

"Someone has to teach him to stop swearing. It's not healthy." Inui sighed.

"Should I just take my mask off tomorrow and go to lessons, just to see his reaction?" Snipe asked, and Aizawa rolled his eyes, "I'm not sure. I do want to see Bakugou's reaction, but I do not want to keep hearing him swear his head off."

Nezu grinned, "Probably not. You guys are supposed to wear your hero costumes during lessons. Though there is Halloween."

"Oh, yeah, Principal." Kayama piped up, "You kept saying that you don't have time to visit that cafe we've been talking about. Now that All Might works here, you wanna go?"

"One day, but not now." Nezu smiled, "The media hasn't heard that All Might works here yet. Once that gets out, it's going to be really chaotic. Once all the media hype dies down, I'll come visit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 24 6
Izuku Midoriya was born into a world where 80% of people have these super natural abilities called quirks and where these creatures called pokemon. (...
2.9K 27 7
I just had a craziest idea to make a new fanfic were our character Izuku Midoriya has a same quirk and personalities (Personas) like 'Crazy Jane' in...
205K 5.9K 49
Izuku Midoriya, a very special boy. He had a cat mutation quirk and another one called MPD. He had multiple people inside him and they were part of h...
3.5K 134 20
🎉*Completed*🎊 Izuku Midoriya had a great life with his twin sister until they turn to the age of four when they found out Izuku was quirkless. Izuk...