Fearless

By Sinful-stories

Kiara has never felt fear in her life. Some people claim that she's faking it, but they would be wrong, of co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 25

2.3K 137 30
By Sinful-stories

A day or two later, Kiara found herself in one of the classrooms at the cram school alongside her classmates trying to exterminate Col Tars. Though it was kind of difficult to do when the Col Tars kept floating away from her. She swung down with her net, just barely missing a few Col Tars as they quickly floated away from her in panic.

"Damn, this is harder than I expected." She muttered, a look of annoyance on her face.

"Wow, they really don't seem to like you." Shima chuckled, watching as Kiara struggled to capture any, then he let out a sigh, looking around the room. "This sucks. Just because we went after Rin during the drill we're forced to exterminate the Col Tars in one of the unused classrooms."

"Quit your complaining." Bon said, "The longer you complain the longer it will take for us to finish."

"Someone's in a bad mood." Kiara muttered, watching as the Col Tars ran away from her just as she was about to catch them in her net. Her cheeks puffed up in frustration and she glared at the creatures, which only made them run further away from her.

"Koneko, we're good over here, I think maybe Moriyama and Kamaki might need your help over there." Bon said.

"Okay." Konekomaru said, standing up and starting to walk over to Sheimi.

"Oh, no. We're fine. We can handle it." Sheimi said.

"I bet your arm still hurts. Why don't you relax a bit." Izumo suggested, then she looked at Kiara, "You know, you should rest too Kiara."

"Oh." Konekomaru said, a disheartened look appearing on his face.

"I'll rest when I'm dead." Kiara stated blandly. "And that's not happening any time soon."

"You know what, I'll take a break too." Shima said.

"No, you need to work harder!" Izumo said.

"But... I sorta got hit in the ribs, remember? So..." Shima said.

"Tough luck." Kiara said, laughing slightly, wincing a bit as her ribs protested at the movement. Apparently, despite her enhanced healing, her ribs still needed some time before they were as good as new. There was a sudden spike of fear in the room and Kiara looked at her classmates, seeing that they were all staring at the doorway. Turning around, she spotted Rin standing there, his tail out for all to see.

Damn, I'm jealous. Kiara thought. Just thinking about her tail being wrapped around her waste made it start aching.

"What up guys." Rin greeting, breaking the silence that had fallen upon the room.

"Good morning Rin!" Sheimi exclaimed, a sweet smile on her face.

"Uh, morning." Shima said, a blatant nervousness in his voice.

"Sup, spawn." Kiara said.

"I stopped by the classroom outta habit but you guys weren't there, I sorta got freaked out. So we're exterminating Col Tars? Man, they love sticking up with these lame jobs, don't they. Anyone got an extra dust rag?" Rin rambled, obviously trying to lighten up the mood that had plummeted towards hell ever since he had stepped into the room.

"I don't. Maybe there's one over there?" Shima suggested, motioning over at some of the desks that had some cleaning supplies on them.

"Oh, cool!" Rin said with a grin.

"I'm going to take out the garbage." Konekomaru said, and Kiara looked at him, knowing that the majority of fear in the room was coming from him.

"I can give you a hand with that!" Rin offered, walking over to Konekomaru only to stop when the smaller boy flinched and shook his head.

"No!— Uh, I mean, I can do it myself." He said.

Kiara narrowed her eyes, she still hadn't forgiven him about what he had said back in the infirmary.

"Oh he's just being a chicken because you're the child of a demon. And not just any demon, but Satan. Who in one night slaughtered exorcists throughout the whole world. It's just a matter of time before you expose your true nature and become a threat." Izumo said, staring directly at Rin.

"You say that as if he's going to turn out exactly like his father." Kiara said, seeing everyone look towards her. "What does it matter who his dad is?"

"Of course it matters." Izumo said, "Don't forget that those blue flames of his still kill people."

"Izumo's right, Kiara. My grandpa. Shima's older brother, Koneko's mom and dad, they were all killed the same way— by Rin's father, Satan!" Bon said, looking from Kiara to Rin sending daggers his direction. He walked up to the half demon, "I don't know what the Vatican decided to do with you, but as of right now, er're not your friends anymore. I'm warning you, if you go nuts and hurt even one of my friends, I sweat I'll kill you. You got that?"

"But... I-I'm not gonna be like Satan! You have to trust me!" Rin pleaded, a desperate look in his eyes and his fear spiking, making Kiara's head start to spin.

"Alright, enough!" Yukio shouted. He had just walked into the room as the two were talking, an annoyed and tired looked on his face. "Okumura, you're coming with me. You're going to be starting a new curriculum today. And for the rest of you, please continue your work." With that, he grabbed Rin's collar and dragged the struggling teen out of the room despite his protests.

"Hey! I'm not done talking yet! Let go of me you four eyed mole face!"

"Damn it." Bon said. "That bastard."

"What's with you defending him?" Izumo asked, and Kiara looked to see the the purple haired girl looking straight at her.

"What? I can't defend a friend of mine when everyone's ganging up against him?" Kiara challenged. "As far as I'm aware he hasn't done anything to show that he has any intentions to hurt us."

"But Kiara... his dad is Satan!" Konekomaru said.

"Oh, wow? Really? I had no fucking clue, it's totally not like that's what everyone's been talking about recently! Come on. You guys act like he's a different person just because you found out that he wasn't completely human and that, surprise, his dad is Satan."

"Why are you being so hostile? It's not like it's you we're walking about." Izumo said.

Kiara's hand tightened around the handle of her net, the wood starting to splinter under her grip she looked towards the ground, her bangs covering her eyes, in a way they actually were talking about her. "Don't you think I'm aware of that? Why are you guys treating Rin differently because because his father is Satan? Why not treat Yukio different? They're twins after all."

"Yukio didn't inherit the flames." Konekomaru said, his voice shaking.

"Oh, so because Rin happened to inherit the flames he's evil and Yukio isn't? Is that it? So just because someone inherited the powers of someone evil they're in turn evil as well, and can't be trusted?" Kiara gritted her teeth, the handle of the net finally snapping in half, clattering to the ground.

"K-Kiara?" Shima asked, his voice shaking.

The fear in the room spiked as Kiara felt a sudden surge of power. She took a shaky breath and looked up at her classmates, seeing that they were looking at her with wide eyes, all of them standing completely still. Kiara knew what she had done, she got too angry and used her Fear Inducement on all of them. "Until you can learn to treat Rin the same way you treated him before all this happened, consider me the same as him. There's not much difference between us anyways." She turned and started to walk out of the room, stopping when someone grabbed her wrist, she looked over her shoulder to see Bon looking at her almost pleadingly.

"Kiara, you don't mean that. You're nothing like him." He said.

"Nothing like him?" Kiara asked, a small smile appearing on her face as she slowly unraveled her tail from around her waist and left it out for everyone in the room to see. "I guess you're right, Bon— no Suguro. I'm much worse than he is. You know why? Because the very demon that controls and feeds off fear is my father." She tore her wrist from her grip and turned around, leaving the room, not even looking over her shoulder to see Bon's reaction. Her anger slowly started to fade away as tears pricked the corners of her eyes. She stopped in the middle of the hallway, wiping at her eyes with her wrist, stubbornly holding the tears back.

They made their choice. If they say they can't trust Rin because of who his dad is, then they can't trust me either.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 9.9K 21
COMPLETED STORY Hi there! In this book, there will be boyfriend scenarios for: Rin, Yukio, Bon, Shima, Mephisto, and Amaimon. Please Enjoy! Highest R...
192K 6K 20
// I don't own the cover photo for this story. You join the True Cross Academy and was put into the cram school. Weird things have been happening an...
558 22 24
y/N didn't exactly hate her life, but as the second born she of an elite exorcist family she had to uphold all expectations and reputations of the fa...
1.7K 57 4
but what if rin unleashed his powers when he was seven and trained to be an exorcist with his twin brother? what if he became a teacher at the cram s...