Heart beats

By Don_is01

Life gave its worse side to Luna all at once, having to deal with her fathers failing health and their financ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's note.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's note!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 19

6.3K 217 30
By Don_is01

*Jamari*

Sweat trickled down my forehead as I went in to make a basket. This eve was the company's party and I had a gut feeling about it. Shaking off the negative thoughts doing what I love was the best thing I could do for myself right now.
"Dunk! " Rameek yelled in excitement, but I missed it.
"You're such a loser" he jogged and rudely bumped my shoulder.
Sighing, I decide to take a break. Sitting down on a bench I grab a water bottle, gulping down the content.

"Sup man. You good? You're not at your best this practice so what's up?"
Xavier asked before sitting beside me. He pulled out some cheetos and offered me some.

"I don't know bro. Just not feeling it."
I kept it simple.
"Hm. Relationship issues?"
I shook my head letting him know Luna and I were good. Even after she did me dirty last night, she's still my baby.

"Nah. I've been on my best behavior and so has Lu" I replied after chewing some cheetos.

"I asked cos it be like that some times. Pam's big head gets on my nerves all the damn time. But she has a way of fixing it. Love has a way of fucking my head up"
I shared a small laugh with him. I wouldn't say I love Luna. I mean I do care about her a lot. After Janice, I don't even think I know what love really meant.
I don't want my past to fuck up my future with Luna, so imma have to do something about that.

"Its the party tonight for my fathers company."

"Ooh yeah. Pam can't wait to wear her dress" he shook his head at the thought of it. "But what's bothering you about it tho? "

"Aye y'all didn't save none for me? " Rameek roughly sat by my other side.

"Nigga move. You're all sweaty and sticky. Gross" I pushed him.
He grabbed another bag of cheetos and began to eat like a starved animal.
"Your lame ass is gross too" he said with his mouth full.

"Dude close your damn mouth"
"Shut up Pammy boy"
I laughed at him and Xaviers spat. He always teased Xavier for being whipped by Pamela.

"You stupid. Interrupting our private talk" Xavier rolled his eyes.
"Nigga I'm part of Jamari. Whatever is about him is about me too. Quit tryna get in between us" Rameek scoffed causing Xavier and I to laugh hard.

"You lowkey gay" Xavier teased Rameek causing Rameek to smack him.

"Aiit y'all stop being childish damn." I pushed them apart. This niggas needed to grow up. They were always stepping on each others necks.

"You're gonna be hearing from my wife" Rameek squinted at Xavier pretending to breathe heavily, all angered up.

"Tania ain't finna do nothing"
"Are y'all about to hear me out or what?"

They finally kept quiet giving me their attentions.

"I don't know if I'm ready for Luna to meet my family and worse Janice and her husband" I scoffed. "Luna's already excited about going and I don't wanna spoil that for her. I don't really think I'm ready for her and Janice to be in the same room"

"Nigga don't tell me you're still feeling Janice?! " Rameek yelled.

"Hell no! What I meant was, Janice is a sneaky, poisonous female. I don't want her making Luna uncomfortable. You should know better knuckle head, the fuck? "

"Sorry" he mumbled before gulping down some water.
Shaking my head, I take a quick survey of the court, watching my other team mates play.

"I just have a bad feeling that something bad might happen you know. And I'm not even sure if Luna's ready for all that. I keep telling her not to be bothered about it and all that, but today I'm the one who's bothered. I probably shouldn't bring Luna along with me." I murmured the last part, but sure enough they heard me.

"Wow. Believe me Luna's gonna feel some type of way if she heard what you just said." Xavier said making me feel bad all of a sudden.

"I'm with you on that. Believe me I know how this goes. You gotta make up your mind. You either let your past dictate your future, or you man up and get rid of it." Rameek backed Xavier up.

Rubbing my palms on my face, as if it eased the stress I was now feeling. Mixed emotions and nerve wrecking negative thoughts consumed my mind.
I couldn't take chances and ruin what Luna and I had. Our relationship was still blooming, but I felt a strong bond already. My life is fucked up.

"Aiit. Thank y'all. For real. Imma make sure I get my mind in order before I mess things up."

Arriving home, I parked my car and headed inside. Luna was supposed to come over and chill with me.

"Hi boo!"
"What the!...Luna whats gotten into you?"

I held my chest in fright as Luna laughed her ass out, laying on my bed, swinging her legs in the air. I wasn't finding shit funny, but my girlfriend seemed to be enjoying herself.

"I'm so sorry babe. I just wanted to surprise you" she smiled hard.
She walked towards me, got on her tip toes and pecked my lips a couple of times.

"You a clown, for real"
"Ugh, get over it Jamari. Aren't you happy to see me? " she smirked while rubbing her hands on my abs.
I stared into her beautiful eyes, just when I was getting drawn into it, my mind failed me. I recalled my discussion with the boys and immediately I felt my anxiety take over.
"Yeah. Lemme go use the bathroom." I tried getting away from her.
"Why you acting all weird. You ain't happy to see me or what?" She drew back from me, hiking an eyebrow while starring me down. I hated when she did that. It got my palms sweaty.

"Luna, I didn't say that."
"Nigga you don't gotta say it, your body language is off as fuck. I'd just go home."

I quickly got a hold of her arm before she walked away.
"Come on babe. You always ready to run"
"Well duh" she pulled her hand free from my grip, rolling her eyes in the process.

"You better lose that attitude by the time I'm outta the shower"

*Luna*

Yes, I know. I overreacted. I was missing  him so bad so I decided to come over earlier than we had agreed I would, now this nigga not tryna give me the attention I want.

I was nervous about tonight, but now I'm more excited than I am nervous. Finna step out with my man looking important and filthy rich. 
Smiling at the thought of it, I get up from where I sat on Jamari's bed to snoop around. He didn't want me cooking today, saying I wasn't to stress myself in preparation for the function.

"Why you snooping?" Finally, he was done from the shower.
"Don't I have the right to. This os my mans house after all" I shrugged my shoulders, eyes fixed on his sexy toned body, water dripping down as he held on to the loosely tied towel on his waist.

Hearing his deep chuckle snapped me outta my thoughts.
"You look like you wanna eat me baby. What's on your mind?" He walked towards me pulling me into his chest by my waist.
I felt my heart beat irrationally, butterflies dancing in my belly. I gulped realizing how hot he had gotten me.
I stared into his hooded eyes as he stared back into mine.
He leaned down to meet my lips and swiftly I wrapped my arms around his neck as he rubbed on my rear, grabbing two hands full.

I yelped as he lifted me without warning.
Lips battling for dominance, Jamari took charge. He's so good at taking charge in everything. Our tongues explored each others mouths as I felt my back touch the soft bed.

Leaving my lips, Jamari kissed on my neck in a sensual way, sending vibrations down to my core.
"Mmmmm"
I let out a low moan as his tongue collided with my neck. With ragged breathing he rubbed all over my body, everywhere his hot palms trailed only begged for more.

"Jah..." I dragged feeling him pressing himself in between my legs, letting me know how hard he already was.
He slid his right hand under my tank top, moving my bra up, setting my boobs free, under my top. My nipples grew hard as his fingers came in contact with them.

"Mhm...no...stop it Jah" I quickly moved him, getting up from the bed. I placed my hand on my chest, feeling my heart beating hella fast.

"Babe, look, I just...I'm...I just don't think I'm ready yet? " my statement sounded more of a question. My cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, I just-"
"Luna stop" he cut me short. "Its all good baby. I totally understand if you don't really feel comfortable with doing that yet. Do I wanna have sex with you? , of course! I dream about it every fucking night, with how banging that body be looking" he smirked at me.

"I'm gonna wait till your ready baby." He got up from the bed and pulled me to his chest.

"Thanks for being so understanding bae" I pecked his lips. My heart warmed at how patient he was willing to be with me. It just makes me fall for him so much more.
I don't think I am ready for that level of intimacy yet. More so, I'm a bit scared. Its been years since I had some, which was sack by the way.

"You ain't gonna get it from another bitch right? " I frowned my face as I questioned him. A loud laugh  erupted from him.

"You just love to think about the worse. I ain't getting none from anyone but you baby. You gotta learn to trust me."

Sighing I leaned back into his chest. Truth is, I'm scared. I'm scared of our relationship not working out. I'm scared of him cheating. He's a celebrity, a lot of girls wanna hop on him. And these niggas just be cheating. I hope Jamari is different tho. What am I saying? I know he's different. I gotta start being optimistic only.

"Lemme go get dressed baby. I called some hair and makeup teams to help you get ready for tonight, that is, " he paused as I gasped in excitement. "After you get some good spa treatment"

"Oh babe. You're so so sweet. Thank you!
I hugged him tightly. Gosh I'm some lucky bitch.

"Anything for you Lulu" he ruffled my hair playfully.

It was finally time for the party and nervous was an understatement. I was loosing it.
"Babe can I come in? " I heard Jamari ask from behind the door.
"Yeah"

He stepped in, suited up looking fly asf.

"Damn, is that you" he gawked at me causing me to smile shyly.
"You look good too boo" I let him know, causing him to peck my cheek.

"I'm really nervous. I'm scared that tonight may be a disaster. Considering the fact that your dad and your ex are gonna be there, I don't know Jah"

"Believe me I was nervous too. I even wanted to make you stay back instead"
"What the-"
"Babe that's in past tense. But now I don't feel nervous anymore. Because you're who I'm with now. You're who I'm starting afresh with. As far as I'm concerned you're the only one who's gonna matter to me in that lame ass party. This is just another opportunity to show you off, and prove to everyone that better things came my way. Look how sexy you look tonight, Janice is gonna want to flush her stinky ass down the toilet."
I couldn't help but to feel so confident all of a sudden. This man might just get the cookie tonight.

"You're the best baby. You're perfect"
"I know, I know" he said in a boastful manner causing me to pull in his beard.

"Shut up"

We arrived at the events venue and boy was it fire. It was just like the ones I see on tv. Man I'm dating wealth, I gotta get my ass married to it.
A chauffeur opened my door for me and I politely said a thank you after stepping out.

Jamari came to me, pecked my lips and locked our fingers together. I put more energy into my catwalk. I'm about to be stepping on necks tonight!

I give my best angles for the camera. If the blogs wanna post about me, I should look damn good. With Jamari's arm firmly snaked around my waist, I placed my palm inside his blazer, rubbing on his crisp white shirt.

"Look at my bitch! " Pam squealed as she and Xavier came to view, hand in hand.

"You look jaw dropping my lady" I let her know before we embraced each other. I hugged Xavier too before he dapped Jamari who was pushing Pam's head with his index finger. They were so childish.

Tania and Rameek came in late when we were all seated. The slight wetness of Rameeks hair would let you know that these people were involved in some last minute sex. They never seemed to be able to control it.
The party had now started and Jamari's dad was giving his speech. He looked Luke a nice guy. Seeing him for the first time, you'd never believe how much of a cold hearted father he was.
I looked around to see if I'd spot Janice. Not that I care, bit I need to spot that bitch so that I'd know how to avoid her all night.
Scanning the room, I found her. How wouldn't I when she was staring had at my man. She's crazy for that.

"Babe" I placed my palm on Jamari's cheek causing him to pause his conversation with Rameek and Xavier.
"What's up baby"
"You just look so good tonight"
"You tryna tell me you want some tonight?" He wiggled his eyebrows causing me to giggle. I ensured I over did it, since miss steal your father was looking our way.
Jamari caved in for a kiss which I gladly accepted.
Pulling apart, I wiped of the lip gloss that was now on his lips.
I watched as Janice angrily walked towards what I suppose is the bathroom.
Ha! She should get herself together. I knew deep down that she would still have some type of feelings for Jamari. But I'm about to dead those feelings.

Everyone was now on the dance floor and seeing how unbothered Jamari was only boosted my confidence more. He was focused on me and only me. He sang some of the songs that played to me. God his voice is terrible and hilarious. The energy was 100% positive. My friends were here and everything was just right.

"Didn't you think it was important to come say hello to your father" a deep voice caused me to turn around from Jamari's hold. Looking at Jamari, I noticed his jaw clench. Oh God, the night was going on just fine before this.

"My bad. Baby, this is Mr. Carter, Mr. Carter, this is my woman. Luna"

His fathers straight face and hard stare gave me creepy vibes.
"Good evening Miss Luna. Can't believe my son came with a plus one today."
"Good evening sir. Wouldn't any man choose his girlfriend or wife as his plus one. It was only the proper thing to do"
My words seemed to startle Mr. Carter, but he immediately covered it up with a wrinkled smile. I have zero respect for this man. But imma be classy for Jamari's sake.

"Hm. You haven't met my wife have you? "
"Not at all sir. Where is she? "
I played along trying not to give a bored and disgusted face.
"Uhh, shes around. Don't really know where she went."
"You ain't keep tabs on your wife for her safety. What a shame, how unsurprised I am." Jamari let out a sarcastic laugh.

"What a rude child you've become son. Your mother-"
"Don't you dare bring my momma into this. Good talk, let's go baby" Jamari held my hand as we walked towards our table.
"Forget about him baby. He's not worth it."
"I know" he sighed as I pecked on his forehead.
"Let's leave."
"Alright baby, lemme quickly go use the bathroom . I'd be back. Help me gather my things" I said to Jamari before leaving for the bathroom.
I was directed by one of the stewards.
After I relieved myself, I headed for the sink to wash my hands.

"Those shoes look really expensive. You must have good taste."
A voice startled me, causing me to turn in its direction.

Janice. Why am I not surprised. I can't let her know I k ow who she is.
"Thank you. But actually it was my man who picked it out for me" I let out a small laugh.
"He must have great taste. I mean he does have great taste, isn't it Jamari?" She asked giving an extremely fake smile.

"Oh yeah. He's my man" I smiled widely at the thought of him, to piss Janice off.
"You know him or something? " I asked, pretending to be ignorant about the whole situation.
"I'm Janice. You are? "
"Luna " I replied, keeping my head up.
"Well, I'm surprised my name doesn't ring a bell"
I gave her an 'are you stupid?'  look.

"Well actually, no. Are you family or just a friend from the past? "

"Oh I was more than a friend. I would have been his baby mama and wife, but he couldn't get his shit together" she spitefully said, staring hard at me with distaste written all over her face.

"Oh I see. You must be a bitter ex. Well, Jamari and I must leave now, I don't really have much time to entertain your drama, but tell you what. You're irrelevant in Jamari and I's conversation cos you're in the past and you're forgotten. Have a good night."
And with that being said I waked out of the bathroom and headed back to MY MAN.

"You good? " he asked me when I got back to the table. I leaned in and pecked his lips
"Better than I'd ever be."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 393 20
Stripper + mother Nairari is a single mother who works at the strip club to provide for her son and for herself. During weekends she's a stripper and...
17.9K 1.4K 60
Dior and Amir cross paths over and over again. Sometimes love seems inevitable, sometimes it seems meant to be, and sometimes things are just suppose...
175K 8.3K 35
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥, 𝐊𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘𝐀𝐃�...
18.1K 813 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...